Author Topic: Holder's Voter ID Fraud  (Read 953 times)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Holder's Voter ID Fraud
« on: December 23, 2011, 03:30:27 PM »
Holder's Voter ID Fraud
The AG invents fears of ballot suppression.

The Obama Administration's re-election mobilization continues: Witness Eric Holder's attempt to play the race card and perhaps twist the law in a campaign against voter identification laws.

In the Attorney General's telling, the movement in the states to require voters to show some ID is a revival of minority disenfranchisement a la Jim Crow. A growing number of minorities, he said in a speech last week, are now worried about "the same disparities, divisions and problems" that beset the country in 1965 and "many Americans, for the first time in their lives . . . now have reason to believe that we are failing to live up" to the promise of democracy for all.

If you haven't heard about this national crisis, perhaps that's because you don't travel in Mr. Holder's political circles. He is merely repeating the howls of groups like the NAACP and the George Soros-funded Brennan Center, which claim without evidence that voter ID laws hurt minorities.

The NAACP even petitioned the United Nations this month for a human-rights ruling on what President Benjamin Jealous called a "tidal wave of assaults on the right to vote." He meant in America, not Cuba or North Korea. The American Civil Liberties Union has sued to challenge a voter ID law in Wisconsin.

Mr. Holder's remarks are especially notable because they come as the Justice Department is reviewing voter ID laws in Texas and South Carolina for "preclearance" under the Voting Rights Act. The states' plans require voters to present photo ID like a driver's license or passport to vote, a measure endorsed by the Commission on Federal Election Reform headed by President Jimmy Carter and former Secretary of State James Baker in 2005 to protect the integrity of the ballot.

Mr. Holder says the Civil Rights Division led by Thomas Perez will review the policies and impartially "apply the law." If that's true, Mr. Perez's job should be easy: In 2005, Justice approved a nearly identical law in Georgia. In 2008's Crawford v. Marion County Election Board, the Supreme Court likewise ruled 6-3 that an Indiana law requiring photo ID at the ballot box was constitutional.

The court's liberal lion, then-Justice John Paul Stevens, wrote for the majority that Indiana's law "is unquestionably relevant to the State's interest in protecting the integrity and reliability of the electoral process." Indiana offered free voter ID cards to all citizens, so the inconvenience of picking up an ID at the Department of Motor Vehicles wasn't an undue burden and was reasonably balanced by the state's interest in reducing fraud, Justice Stevens wrote.

That isn't good enough for Mr. Holder, who says his department's priority is to "expand the franchise." But expand it for whom, exactly? The vast majority of voters already have the necessary photo ID, which they need to get through airport security or register for a grocery-store savings card.

Plaintiffs put up by liberal lawsuit shops routinely claim that ID laws endanger the rights of hundreds of thousands, but lawsuits in Indiana and Georgia were dismissed because they couldn't produce a single eligible voter who'd been turned away due to the ID requirement. Turnout has risen in states that have passed the voter ID laws, with no adverse impact on minorities.

In his speech, Mr. Holder highlighted historical attempts to keep voters away from the polls to "gain partisan advantage." But in a case of more recent history, in 2009, Mr. Holder's department dropped a voter intimidation case against the Black Panther Party, in which members stood outside a polling place brandishing nightsticks and threatening voters. Civil-rights lawyer Bartle Bull saw the Panthers in action and called it "the most blatant form of voter intimidation I've ever seen."

Thirty states now require some form of ID at the polls, and one goal of Mr. Holder's attack is to intimidate other states that want to toughen their laws. He's probably also signaling that Justice will strike down the Texas and South Carolina statutes. This would please the Democratic Party's left while not-so-subtly inventing a threat of Republican racism to drive minority turnout in 2012. Mr. Holder's voter ID alarums are one more reason he's earning a reputation for politicized, partial justice.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203893404577100313135266898.html?mod=WSJ_Opinion_LEADTop

I have to say that it's pretty stunning that this isn't the case in every single state. I've always had to present ID so I thought it was just the way things work.

The DNC and the left claims that any American that supports voter ID laws is a racist. A recent Rasmussen poll showed that 70% of Americans support them so according to the left, 70% of America is racist.  ::)

Anything to keep the dead and felons voting. The leftist motto is: Vote Early, Vote Often.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Re: Holder's Voter ID Fraud
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2011, 04:40:29 PM »
Wow.......

Regarding this -
Anything to keep the dead and felons voting. The leftist motto is: Vote Early, Vote Often.  

You dont know how true that is.
In Washington state, there was a race for governor a few years back, where this woman (D) Christine Gregoire lost and she freaked out, demanded something like 3 recounts and all the sudden it came out she won after the last recount. 1st 2 went to Rossi, but she kept demanding recounts.
Then, after investigation by the (R) Dino Rossi, who won 2 of the 3 recounts, it came out that dead people and illegal immigrants had voted for her.
When Dino Rossi demanded a recount and tried to bring it to light, she told him "You lost, get over it and move on, youre just dragging things out"  ::) After she demanded recounts over and over until she won.
And somehow, it just died. No media coverage, no further investigation.
90% of Wa is conservative, only King county (Seattle, the only major urban area) and the surrounding areas had voted republican.

Just goes to show you how fucked up the system is right now.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2011, 04:41:36 PM »
Holder is a neo terrorist. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2011, 04:42:55 PM »
I do vote fraud monitoring every four years.   Voter fraud is rampant in urban centers. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2011, 05:41:14 PM »
Free Republic
Browse · Search   Pings · Mail   News/Activism
Topics · Post Article
Skip to comments.

Justice Department Rejects South Carolina Voter ID Law
FoxBusiness ^ | December 23, 2011
Posted on December 23, 2011 5:18:28 PM EST by Steelfish

Breaking News on Fox Justice Department Rejects South Carolina Voter ID Law December 23, 2011 | COLUMBIA, S.C. – The U.S. Department of Justice rejected South Carolina's voter ID law on Friday, saying the new policy doesn't do enough to ensure that minority voters aren't discriminated against.

"Until South Carolina succeeds in substantially addressing the racial disparities described above, however, the state cannot meet its burden of proving that, when compared to the benchmark standard, the voter identification requirements proposed ... will not have a retrogressive effect," Assistant Attorney General Thomas E. Perez wrote Friday in a letter to the office of South Carolina's attorney general.

Perez said that non-whites comprise about one-third of South Carolina's registered voters and also are one-third of the registered voters who don't have the right ID necessary to vote. Perez says tens of thousands of South Carolina minorities may be unable to cast ballots.

In response, South Carolina could now sue over the rejection, pass a new law or submit more data to the Justice Department. Spokesmen for Gov. Nikki Haley and Attorney General Alan Wilson did not immediately respond to email messages sent Friday, which was a state holiday.

South Carolina's new voter ID law requires people casting ballots to show poll workers a state-issued driver's license or ID card; a U.S. military ID or a U.S. passport.

(Excerpt) Read more at foxnews.com ...

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2011, 06:09:27 PM »
How is this even an issue?
There is all kinds of shit you cant do without an ID, why is voting any different?
What the hell? How do they even keep straight who has voted and who hasnt if they dont require ID?!
Not only that, but if someone doesnt have an ID because theyre illegal, they shouldnt be allowed to vote, doesnt matter if theyre a minority or not.

Sounds to me like theyre just trying to ensure that the they get ALL the minority votes, including the considerable illegals and people who would rather not have ID or cant have ID. Generally less than stellar indiviuals, and they almost always vote Democrat.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2011, 06:29:55 PM »
How is this even an issue?
There is all kinds of shit you cant do without an ID, why is voting any different?
What the hell? How do they even keep straight who has voted and who hasnt if they dont require ID?!
Not only that, but if someone doesnt have an ID because theyre illegal, they shouldnt be allowed to vote, doesnt matter if theyre a minority or not.

Sounds to me like theyre just trying to ensure that the they get ALL the minority votes, including the considerable illegals and people who would rather not have ID or cant have ID. Generally less than stellar indiviuals, and they almost always vote Democrat.

What they are trying to do is make sure every registered vote goes demo in the urban areas.   

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2011, 06:37:49 PM »
What they are trying to do is make sure every registered vote goes demo in the urban areas.   
Thats how I see it too.
Just another form of voter manipulation.
Its BS, should be like anything else.
No ID, no vote.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2011, 06:41:20 PM »
Thats how I see it too.
Just another form of voter manipulation.
Its BS, should be like anything else.
No ID, no vote.

The demos know many registered voters there are.  They know where to pull fake votes from if need be.   I have seen this crap for years.   Wo vote fraud , demos would lose most elections in swing districts.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2011, 07:44:12 PM »
I do vote fraud monitoring every four years.   Voter fraud is rampant in urban centers. 

no it's not

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2011, 08:01:16 PM »
no it's not

Lol.   I see w my own eyes douche. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2011, 08:36:45 PM »

Lol.   I see w my own eyes douche. 

it's not rampant

if you found even one case you would have told us about it already

it's the exact opposite of rampant

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2011, 03:46:15 AM »
it's not rampant

if you found even one case you would have told us about it already

it's the exact opposite of rampant

Lol.  So you are against having to show I'd to vote? 

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2011, 08:13:05 AM »
no it's not

You're right. The black panthers voter intimidation case was an isolated incident that the justice department chose not to pursue because Holder is a piece of human feces that should die of terminal cancer.

We know that voter fraud is not ramapant because you said that it isn't rampant. I don't know about everyone else... but that's good enough for me.  ::)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2011, 08:20:01 AM »
Lol.  So you are against having to show I'd to vote? 

did I say that ?
I said voter fraud is not rampant

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2011, 08:20:57 AM »
You're right. The black panthers voter intimidation case was an isolated incident that the justice department chose not to pursue because Holder is a piece of human feces that should die of terminal cancer.

We know that voter fraud is not ramapant because you said that it isn't rampant. I don't know about everyone else... but that's good enough for me.  ::)

did the black men scare you Goergie?

maybe you can bring 333 to hold your hand when you go vote next year

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2011, 08:22:52 AM »

I plan on bringing a few job applications w me.   That's like kryptonite to the thugs.   

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2011, 08:23:05 AM »

For your information, my favorite butler happens to be black. I am not worried about 2012.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2011, 08:32:58 AM »
For your information, my favorite butler happens to be black. I am not worried about 2012.

too bad your butlers vote will cancel out yours

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2011, 02:48:11 PM »
Why Americans Support Voter ID Laws
By Jack Kelly

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2011/12/27/why_americans_support_voter_id_laws_112546.html

The state chairman of Indiana's Democratic Party resigned recently as a probe of election fraud in the 2008 Democratic presidential primary widened.

State law requires a presidential candidate to gather 500 valid signatures in each county to qualify for the ballot. Barack Obama may not have met it. Investigators think 150 of the 534 signatures the Obama campaign turned in for St. Joseph County may have been forged.

Yet Democrats say that measures to guard against vote fraud are racist Republican plots to disenfranchise minority voters.

Republicans "want to literally drag us back to Jim Crow laws," said Rep. Debbie Wasserman-Schultz, D-Fla, chair of the Democratic National Committee.

The NAACP has asked the United Nations to intervene to block state voter ID laws. It may have an ulterior motive for opposing ballot security measures. An NAACP official was convicted on 10 counts of absentee voter fraud in Tunica County, Miss., in July.

Former Democratic Rep. Artur Davis, who is black, said vote fraud is rampant in African-American districts like his in Alabama.

"The most aggressive contemporary voter suppression in the African-American community is the wholesale manufacture of ballots at the polls and absentee, in parts of the Black Belt," Mr. Davis said. "Voting the names of the dead, and the nonexistent, and the too mentally impaired to function cancels out the votes of citizens who are exercising their rights."

Laws requiring photo IDs suppress minority voting, Democrats charge. The facts say otherwise. In Georgia, black voter turnout for the midterm election in 2006 was 42.9 percent. After Georgia passed photo ID, black turnout in the 2010 midterm rose to 50.4 percent. Black turnout also rose in Indiana and Mississippi after photo IDs were required.

"Concerns about voter identification laws affecting turnout are much ado about nothing," concluded researchers at the universities of Delaware and Nebraska after examining election data from 2000 through 2006.

You need a photo ID to get on an airplane or an Amtrak train; to open a bank account, withdraw money from it, or cash a check; to pick up movie and concert tickets; to go into a federal building; to buy alcohol and to apply for food stamps.

Most Americans don't think it's a hardship to ask voters to produce one. A Rasmussen poll in June indicated 75 percent of respondents support photo ID requirements. Huge majorities of Hispanics support voter ID laws, according to a Resurgent Republic poll in September.

This year there have been investigations, indictments or convictions for vote fraud in California, Texas, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Georgia, North Carolina and Maryland. In all but one case, the alleged fraudsters were Democrats.

In none would the fraud alleged have altered a major election, Democrats note. But in the Illinois gubernatorial election in 1982, 100,000 votes cast in Chicago -- 10 percent of the total -- were fraudulent, the U.S. attorney there estimated.

Fraud of the magnitude which swings elections typically combines absentee ballot fraud and voter registration fraud. At least 55 employees or associates of the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now have been convicted of registration fraud in 11 states, says Matthew Vadum of the Capital Research Center, who's written a book about ACORN.

Of 1.3 million new registrations ACORN turned in in 2008, election officials rejected 400,000.

"There is no question about the legitimacy or importance of a state's interest in counting only eligible voters' votes," wrote liberal Justice John Paul Stevens for a 6-3 majority in the Supreme Court's 2008 decision upholding Indiana's ID law, the toughest in the nation.

In a speech Tuesday at the Lyndon Baines Johnson Library at the University of Texas, Attorney General Eric Holder announced a full scale assault on the laws the Supreme Court said are constitutional and necessary.

Mr. Holder -- who apparently won't prosecute violations of the Voting Rights Act if the victims are white -- picked an appropriate venue for his attack on the integrity of the ballot. LBJ stole his first election to the Senate, according to one of his biographers.

A recent Gallup poll indicates why Mr. Holder is trying so hard to gut ballot security measures. Mr. Obama trails in all swing states. Democrats fear they can't win next year unless they cheat.