Author Topic: Air Jordan release sparks stampedes at stores across US  (Read 12557 times)

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
Re: Air Jordan release sparks stampedes at stores across US
« Reply #100 on: December 28, 2011, 12:42:00 AM »
In the Holiday spirit, I find this video sad.   Instead of being respectful, joyous and having values that should be to reflect on the spirit of the Holidays, be close to friends and family, these people are going out and spending hundreds of dollars that they dont have to get a pair of shoes.

Yes, shoes. 

Unreal. If you have the money and cant afford to spend it, that is your choice, but come on now, these are shoes, made overseas, probably for around $20, whose buyer demand because of the name made them way overpriced.

So many other things to get that are way more practical, way more long lasting.

But then again, what is more unemployment benefits and food stamps for.

Very sad.

Mommy got beat up and needs to rest because of a pair of shoes instead of spending time with the family and reflecting on what is important in life.

Family, Friends, Respect, Honor, Working Hard, posing in a thong and enjoying time.

Fixed

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #101 on: December 28, 2011, 04:11:42 AM »
A 19-year-old Houston-area man says he was beaten and a friend was slashed in the face as a group of men robbed him of his new pair of expensive Air Jordan shoes.

Efrain Espinoza says the men first tried to steal his cell phone, followed him from a party Monday to his home near Pearland and then swiped the $180 shoes during a fight.

A 19-year-old woman with him required treatment for a stab wound to her face.

"She was stabbed from the cheek to the chin. They did stitches inside and outside," the victim's cousin Virginia Costilla told KPRC in Houston.

Brazoria County officials say they've arrested a 19-year-old woman but declined to elaborate.

Sale of the limited edition shoes last week sparked a shopping frenzy at stores around the nation.

Copyright Associated Press / NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth
Posted Tuesday, Dec 27, 2011 - 8:58 AM CST

Friggin savages. 

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #102 on: December 28, 2011, 04:25:20 AM »
What! Slashing people for FRIGGIN' SHOES????

That don't even look good!

What a waste of genes these people are!

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #103 on: December 28, 2011, 06:04:12 AM »
What! Slashing people for FRIGGIN' SHOES????

That don't even look good!

What a waste of genes these people are!
And they prolly didn't fit. Back in the day, people used to ask, "What size shoe you wear?" after striking up a convo on said Jordans...and then they Jack (armed or unarmed) you for them if the size matched up...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: December 28, 2011, 06:05:30 AM »
And they prolly didn't fit. Back in the day, people used to ask, "What size shoe you wear?" after striking up a convo on said Jordans...and then they Jack (armed or unarmed) you for them if the size matched up...

I remember back in the day the same crap was happening over 8 Ball jackets. 

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: December 28, 2011, 06:08:33 AM »
I remember back in the day the same crap was happening over 8 Ball jackets. 
And Starter Jackets (I had a Duke one), and Goose Down jackets,  and before that it was Filas,

BIG_STI

• Getbig IV
  • www.illpumpyouup.com/
« Reply #106 on: December 28, 2011, 09:10:05 AM »
A 19-year-old Houston-area man says he was beaten and a friend was slashed in the face as a group of men robbed him of his new pair of expensive Air Jordan shoes.

Efrain Espinoza says the men first tried to steal his cell phone, followed him from a party Monday to his home near Pearland and then swiped the $180 shoes during a fight.

A 19-year-old woman with him required treatment for a stab wound to her face.

"She was stabbed from the cheek to the chin. They did stitches inside and outside," the victim's cousin Virginia Costilla told KPRC in Houston.

Brazoria County officials say they've arrested a 19-year-old woman but declined to elaborate.

Sale of the limited edition shoes last week sparked a shopping frenzy at stores around the nation.

Copyright Associated Press / NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth
Posted Tuesday, Dec 27, 2011 - 8:58 AM CST

Friggin savages. 

Guess the race  :D

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #107 on: December 28, 2011, 10:00:06 AM »
And Starter Jackets (I had a Duke one), and Goose Down jackets,  and before that it was Filas,

Before that was it BK's and LA gear?

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: December 28, 2011, 10:09:12 AM »
Before that was it BK's and LA gear?
Nobody cared about Beitish Knights---which seemed to be a knockoff of Reebok.
And LA Gear?  Only Arsenio Hall and female gym goers wore those multi-colored shoestring having kicks...it's deathknell were the lights in the sole.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #109 on: December 28, 2011, 02:37:07 PM »
I went to a club on 6th street (austin) and the dude wouldn't let me in because i was wearing Air Jodans retro 3's.  My friend say it is because they and i quote look "gangsta".  ::) ::) I had to go back to the driskill and put on some fucking sandals.
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: December 29, 2011, 03:27:15 PM »
Local Activists Call for Air Jordan Changes
My Fox Houston ^ | 29 Dec 2011 | SALLY MACDONALD

HOUSTON - Local activists and ministers are taking on one of the world's top sports brands.

They're calling on Nike and Michael Jordan to change the way they sell the highly sought after Air Jordan sneakers.

This comes after the frenzy over the limited release last week turned violent in some cities. Now, community leaders say the people at the top should take some responsibility.

Mob style scuffles nearly turned into riots over the $200 Air Jordans. It's hard to explain the shopping madness that had some customers running to malls.

"I've never seen anybody be killed or jumped over a TV. For some reason it's the shoes," said Maria Hernandez, whose son frequently buys the sneakers.

"These shoes have always had a place of value in Black life," said Malik Ingram.

It bothers Ingram that the shoes bearing his idol's name are associated with violence.

"We all grew up loving him. He makes no statements. It's like he doesn't care," said Ingram.

Outside Greenspoint Mall on Wednesday activist Quanell X and ministers called on Jordan and Nike founder Phil Knight to lower the price of the shoes and meet customer demand.

(Excerpt) Read more at myfoxhouston.com ...

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #111 on: December 29, 2011, 03:29:27 PM »
I went to a club on 6th street (austin) and the dude wouldn't let me in because i was wearing Air Jodans retro 3's.  My friend say it is because they and i quote look "gangsta".  ::) ::) I had to go back to the driskill and put on some fucking sandals.

hahaha

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: December 29, 2011, 03:34:43 PM »

HOUSTON - Local activists and ministers are taking on one of the world's top sports brands.

They're calling on Nike and Michael Jordan to change the way they sell the highly sought after Air Jordan sneakers.

This comes after the frenzy over the limited release last week turned violent in some cities. Now, community leaders say the people at the top should take some responsibility.

Mob style scuffles nearly turned into riots over the $200 Air Jordans. It's hard to explain the shopping
madness that had some customers running to malls.

"I've never seen anybody be killed or jumped over a TV. For some reason it's the shoes," said Maria Hernandez, whose son frequently buys the sneakers.

"These shoes have always had a place of value in Black life," said Malik Ingram.

It bothers Ingram that the shoes bearing his idol's name are associated with violence.

"We all grew up loving him. He makes no statements. It's like he doesn't care," said Ingram.

Outside Greenspoint Mall on Wednesday activist Quanell X and ministers called on Jordan and Nike founder Phil Knight to lower the price of the shoes and meet customer demand.

Jordan has his own line, and many of the shoes range in price from $100-120.
Jordans cache isn't the price, but these were the shoes he was he was wearing while playing.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #113 on: December 29, 2011, 03:37:50 PM »
The atheist religion in all its glory.  Worship of self and material goods.
lol in sweden 70% of all whites are atheist and we never see that kind of shit here. not from whites atleast.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #114 on: December 30, 2011, 12:51:18 PM »
An old swedish commercial, where even negroes can become white.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #115 on: December 30, 2011, 01:04:00 PM »

Mob style scuffles nearly turned into riots over the $200 Air Jordans. It's hard to explain the shopping madness that had some customers running to malls.

LMAO. Its Nike's fault! lol

Micheal Jordan doesnt have to but it would probably help if he'd  open his mouth  and tell his loyal followers to act like human fucking beings.

The peoples priorities are beyond screwed up.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: January 10, 2012, 08:57:47 PM »
Jersey City police release photos of suspect in Air Jordan stabbing at Newport Centre Mall
Jersey Journal ^ | December 31, 2011 | Michaelangelo Conte

Police have released images of a man thought to have stabbed a fellow Christmas shopper while both waited in line to buy coveted new Nike Air Jordan sneakers in Jersey City’s Newport Centre Mall on Dec. 22. When police arrived at the mall after the 10:19 p.m. incident, they found the 20-year-old victim outside the building, sitting in a puddle of blood and drifting in and out of consciousness, reports said.

(Excerpt) Read more at nj.com ...

Hint - the perp ain't white. 

oliolioli

• Getbig II
« Reply #117 on: January 10, 2012, 09:15:21 PM »
In the Holiday spirit, I find this video sad.   Instead of being respectful, joyous and having values that should be to reflect on the spirit of the Holidays, be close to friends and family, these people are going out and spending hundreds of dollars that they dont have to get a pair of shoes.

Yes, shoes. 

Unreal. If you have the money and cant afford to spend it, that is your choice, but come on now, these are shoes, made overseas, probably for around $20, whose buyer demand because of the name made them way overpriced.

So many other things to get that are way more practical, way more long lasting.

But then again, what is more unemployment benefits and food stamps for.

Very sad.

Mommy got beat up and needs to rest because of a pair of shoes instead of spending time with the family and reflecting on what is important in life.

Family, Friends, Respect, Honor, Working Hard and enjoying time.

Excellent point, Ron.

I'd much rather see young men spend their money on supplements, gear, gh, nutrition consultation, and contest prep.  While some say it would be more practical for that money to go towards things like rent, education, building a future, those fools don't realize what this sport has to offer: exposure and a chance to call yourself the best!

A Professional

• Getbig IV
« Reply #118 on: January 10, 2012, 10:25:42 PM »
We could sterilize all people with an iq below 90. This will eliminate most of the black population (and dumb whites) but the good news is, the remaining blacks like wiggs with iqs around 95 can go on to spawn the next generation of superior blacks. PS: Unterman is an idiot.

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #119 on: January 12, 2012, 11:16:15 PM »
You know they are coming out with a companion high tech male athletic supporter to the "Air Jordans"...As they are inflated a microchip plays "Air for the G String"...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: February 24, 2012, 09:52:45 AM »
Cops in riot gear break up mall crowd wanting Nike shoes
clickorlando.com ^ | 2/23/2012

Posted on Friday, February 24, 2012 9:23:25 AM by SoFloFreeper

About 1,000 shoppers that gathered for a shoe release at an Orlando mall late Thursday became out of control, prompting deputies in riot gear to disperse the crowd.

The Orange County Sheriff's Office said 200 deputies went to the Florida Mall about 9:45 p.m. because of the crowd, which became unruly after Foot Locker canceled the release of the limited-edition Nike Air Foamposite One "Galaxy" shoes. The $220 purple and blue sneakers are made from an extra-durable material and glow in the dark.

(Excerpt) Read more at clickorlando.com ...