Author Topic: Official Getbig Contest Prep Thread!  (Read 13792 times)

SamsonD

• Getbig II
Official Getbig Contest Prep Thread!
« on: December 23, 2011, 11:00:16 PM »
Hey all,
So I have been absorbing as much info here on Getbig as I can and going over and over the bible.  In the absence of phase 4, I'm wondering if we could get a topic going on proven prep methods.  I'm thinking the preached and preached diet diet cardio cardio cardio is not the most effective way to get shredded and keep/gain lean tissue.

I learned a decent amount from Reardons thread and that's what got me thinking about this.  I'm going to throw out my stats just as a starting point but this thread should be for anybody to read and get ideas from.

I'm 5' 10" and 245-250 depending how much water I'm holding.  12-14% BF, been "bulking" all year.  I can flex and see abs but let's just assume 14% to be on safe side.  Bulking "cycles" have been 750-1200mg test(usually sust), 400-600mg deca or EQ, and I've been dropping tren in and out at 300mg a week since Sept.  I'll cruise at 300mg test for 4 weeks or so and then ramp back up.  I've been on GH for the last six weeks starting at 4IU for 25 days then 6 for a couple weeks.  Lately I've been doing 10IU PWO four days per week.

What would you guys recomend someone like me start running at about 20 weeks out?  And then what kind of diet and training to maximize what's going on?

SmoofCat

• Getbig III
Re: Official Getbig Contest Prep Thread!
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2011, 11:17:13 PM »
in the past tren ace has been paramount to my prep. i even went as high as 1 gram every week of ace at some point last year. unfortunately, i was not running GH at the time, so this meant i was doing more cardio than anybody else. having said that, i am doing it right this time around and running gh year round as well as tren ace and masteron with some low dose prop for 12-16 weeks before my next contest. i will cut the gh 3 weeks before contest, and really blast the tren ace @ up to a gram a week again, and introduce a diuretic and obviously diet.

however we may want to listen to someone who has experience with GH, and how to use it in the lead up to contest.

what i really want is phase 4

SamsonD

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2011, 12:38:52 AM »
i highly doubt you're 14% bf and can see abs..... give yourself some slack if you actually have abs probably no higher than 10. personally my abs wont show well unless im 9 or below

Proabably right, but I'm too hairy and pale to post any pics at the moment LOL.  And I'm sick of internet heros posting stats about how great they are.  I'd rather exagerate in the opposite direction.

Smoof, I'm probably going to work my way up to at least 700mg tren and mast this go around.  3-400mg prop, keep EQ high at close to a gram till a month out maybe unless I'm not holding much water. GH three weeks like you said.

I am also interested in how people ran GH and when they took it out, and what kind of diet has been succesful.

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2011, 12:28:59 PM »
Don't have much time today or tomorrow but I'll get in here after and offer whatever I know.

nosleep

• Getbig IV
  • INJECT NOW. LAUGH LATER.
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2011, 01:43:44 PM »
300MG PROP, 600MG PRIMO & EQ, 5-6IU GH ED FOR 12 WEEKS
150MG PROP, 300MG MASTERON, 400MG TREN, 600MG EQ, 75MG ADROL ED, 8-10IU GH ED FOR 6 WEEKS

HAVE ZERO EXPERIENCE.

HOPE THIS HELPS.
MEDICATED BY STRANGO

notsureifsrs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2011, 12:49:00 PM »
300MG PROP, 600MG PRIMO & EQ, 5-6IU GH ED FOR 12 WEEKS
150MG PROP, 300MG MASTERON, 400MG TREN, 600MG EQ, 75MG ADROL ED, 8-10IU GH ED FOR 6 WEEKS

HAVE ZERO EXPERIENCE.

HOPE THIS HELPS.
is there any reason for the gh being low for the first 12 weeks?

aesthetics

• Getbig IV
  • ~lil' cutey~
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2011, 02:14:45 PM »
i highly doubt you're 14% bf and can see abs..... give yourself some slack if you actually have abs probably no higher than 10. personally my abs wont show well unless im 9 or below

yeah, i agree if you have abs you are definitely lower than 14%.

though with that said, some peopple hold fat/water differently, like my good buddy's abs are the last thing to come in while with me, my abs are usually pretty visible in lower double digits since i store a lot of fat around my legs/back/chest and face but not abs. i start to get a pretty decent set of abs around 11-12% with top and bottom portion visible when flexed but i carry a little pouch around my belly button.

i'm curious about people's experience with diuretics though, if people don't mind sharing i'd like to read about it. i've used aldo in the past without great efficacy, i dropped water well but man, cramps killed me. i don't think aldo is as dangerous as people make it out to be, i mean, christ, there are trannies who run 100mg/day 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year - not that i would do that.

notsureifsrs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2011, 10:51:28 PM »

though with that said, some peopple hold fat/water differently, like my good buddy's abs are the last thing to come in while with me, my abs are usually pretty visible in lower double digits since i store a lot of fat around my legs/back/chest and face but not abs. i start to get a pretty decent set of abs around 11-12% with top and bottom portion visible when flexed but i carry a little pouch around my belly button.

i'm curious about people's experience with diuretics though, if people don't mind sharing i'd like to read about it. i've used aldo in the past without great efficacy, i dropped water well but man, cramps killed me. i don't think aldo is as dangerous as people make it out to be, i mean, christ, there are trannies who run 100mg/day 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year - not that i would do that.
WTF why?

hangclean

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2011, 12:28:46 AM »

You realize trannies take aldactone because it totally destroys androgen levels, right?  It should only be used for a few days before a show.  4 days of aldactone and then dyazide the night before and morning of is a common protocol.

SamsonD

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2011, 12:47:56 AM »
What about macro ratios, do any of you guys care about that kind of stuff?  Like carbs, do you guys like to go lo carb at the end and then carb up or what?  I see so many guys miss the mark trying that kind of stuff it scares the shit out of me.  I would honestly like to keep carbs higher for training intensity, keeping fat low and dropping carbs some during the final weeks but still a decent amount.  I want to stay full and eat the same shit the day before the contest as two weeks prior if you know what I mean?

Basically I want to be in shape a couple weeks out and just coast in and not have to try and shitload or carb load or anything.  Anyone ever do THAT?

How about cardio?  I'm thinking that if I'm running at least 10IU GH and ever increasing amounts of tren I can get to 6-7% withougt a ton, but I could be wrong there.  Then add some clen and t3 the final four or six weeks to get to 5% or less?

aesthetics

• Getbig IV
  • ~lil' cutey~
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2011, 02:12:51 AM »
You realize trannies take aldactone because it totally destroys androgen levels, right?  It should only be used for a few days before a show.  4 days of aldactone and then dyazide the night before and morning of is a common protocol.

i know exactly what spiro does, and i took it because of it's androgen blocking characteristics; i was experimenting with it to see if it would help with hairloss while on a bad cycle. But, the reason i pointed out the trannies using it is because i wanted to use an example of long term high dosages without serious health complications. though, it does cause tumors when used at those durations which is why i said using it like that is not something i'd recommend:

Studies of spironolactone and the related compound potassium canrenoate (which, like spironolactone, metabolizes to canrenone) in rats for one- to two-year periods show an increase in carcinogenesis in the thyroid gland, testes, liver, breasts, and myelocytic leukocytes. Mammalian cells, depending on the presence of metabolic activation, show mixed results for mutagenicity in vitro.[8]

taken straight off wikipedia, but i can't get access to the source of the study they used on the wiki page.

i'd honestly just use lasix and then increase potassium supplementation. it's not as if increasing K+ intake is that difficult to warrant labeling lasix the more dangerous diuretic, and from my own personal experience with spiro and having trouble pissing when on it, i wouldn't say spiro is completely side effect free and significantly safer than lasix. something about aldo inherently being an androgen and working via gene transcription at the cellular level and considering it's been proven to cause tumors in rats and also leaves spironolactone bodies in the adrenal gland with long term usage, it all just doesn't sit right with me - i mean look at this:

Long-term administration of spironolactone gives the histologic characteristic of spironolactone bodies in the adrenal cortex. Spironolactone bodies are eosinophilic, round, concentrically laminated cytoplasmic inclusions surrounded by clear halos in preparations stained with hematoxylin and eosin.[11]

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2011, 12:41:41 PM »
the big secret to contest cycles is to use as much fast acting gear and gh as you can afford, i also like to use alot of orals last few weeks too, obviously along with clenbuterol and ephidrene

as for carbs, last time out i never carbed up and looked the best ive been, just kept everything the same the last week, and knew exactly how id look on the day with the water taken out

if i were to compete again id go this route again, unless i learnt the secret of carbing up with insulin without totaly fucking up or dying

the thing with lasex is you can almost see it work after an hr or so, i do prefer aldactone tho, just as its far safer

hangclean

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2011, 09:00:15 PM »
i know exactly what spiro does, and i took it because of it's androgen blocking characteristics; i was experimenting with it to see if it would help with hairloss while on a bad cycle. But, the reason i pointed out the trannies using it is because i wanted to use an example of long term high dosages without serious health complications. though, it does cause tumors when used at those durations which is why i said using it like that is not something i'd recommend:

taken straight off wikipedia, but i can't get access to the source of the study they used on the wiki page.

i'd honestly just use lasix and then increase potassium supplementation. it's not as if increasing K+ intake is that difficult to warrant labeling lasix the more dangerous diuretic, and from my own personal experience with spiro and having trouble pissing when on it, i wouldn't say spiro is completely side effect free and significantly safer than lasix. something about aldo inherently being an androgen and working via gene transcription at the cellular level and considering it's been proven to cause tumors in rats and also leaves spironolactone bodies in the adrenal gland with long term usage, it all just doesn't sit right with me - i mean look at this:

Long-term administration of spironolactone gives the histologic characteristic of spironolactone bodies in the adrenal cortex. Spironolactone bodies are eosinophilic, round, concentrically laminated cytoplasmic inclusions surrounded by clear halos in preparations stained with hematoxylin and eosin.[11]
have you tried dyazide?

patriceb

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2011, 09:15:40 PM »
Winstrol 50mg/day
Halotestin 30mg/day last 3 weeks
Masteron + tren + prop same dosage, 100-150mg/day
Clen max 200mcg 7 last weeks
T3
Equipoise 1g/week, vascular look
Primo 100mg/day if you have enough budget
Gh, as much as you can afford
Dont touch dnp

Letrozol to cut estrogen and drop water

Ur good to go with that ;)

MrBigandCut

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2011, 10:00:38 AM »
Winstrol 50mg/day
Halotestin 30mg/day last 3 weeks
Masteron + tren + prop same dosage, 100-150mg/day
Clen max 200mcg 7 last weeks
T3
Equipoise 1g/week, vascular look
Primo 100mg/day if you have enough budget
Gh, as much as you can afford
Dont touch dnp

Letrozol to cut estrogen and drop water

Ur good to go with that ;)

Yes looks ok but what about using tren instead of winstrol? & what about adding some anadrol 50 last 3 weeks to blow your muscles out from the inside? Ever thought about that?

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2011, 11:19:34 AM »
In my experience, if you haven't recently competed, like in the last year or so, then you probably have zero idea how your body REALLY will react to things. More than likely, if you're not within a year of being totally ripped, then you are probably around or above 10% bf or at the least you have stubborn areas that will require extra dieting.

What I found to be true is that I kept making progress on small modifications in diet and drugs. (You can see my thread to see exactly what modifications were made). I would continually progress, but the mistake I made was in believing I was closer to stage shape than I thought I was. The result was I needed 3 weeks of almost zero carbs, 2 hrs cardio a day plus training to hit my deadline when I actually started dieting at 15.5 weeks out!

So either A.) I was fatter than I thought when I started, B.) I didn't diet hard enough throughout or C.) something made me stagnate when progress was possible.

I suspect a combination of all three. But even so, I lost a total of 61 lbs and came in good enough for 2nd, so some things DID work too:

Things that worked:

1. gh. I took 10iu/day blue tops and it enabled me to forego cardio until 8 weeks out and eat an average of 800 kcal MORE per DAY than when I dieted without gh.

2. tren ace- I cycled it throughout the year and towards the end line I dosed up to 200mg/day. It shed off stubborn fat and gave me the intensity I needed to train.

3. Bronkaid (ephedrine)- as soon as I switched from clen to ephedrine I dried out immediately and had tons of energy. Would not prep without it.

4. Taking out gh 2.5 weeks before the show. I dropped 7-8 lbs of water immediately and hardened up every day considerably. Of course, I was using ND blues which bloat you a fair bit. But I would recommend this in lieu of several weeks of diuretic use.

5. Lasix- Only used a small amount but the difference overnight was drastic. Much, much tighter and drier.

Everything else could be seen as independant to the user. There's no cookie cutter answer to getting in top shape, except you're going to restrict calories and you're going to do cardio at SOME point.

Things I could have done better:

1. Started cardio earlier in the prep. I started in earnest at 8 weeks out when I should have been doing it from 12 weeks.

2. tightened diet up about 2 weeks earlier. I didn't get really tight on the diet until 5 weeks out. Would have been better being tight from 7-8 weeks out.

3. Had a leaner starting point. Being that my offseason was 9 years, I'm gonna give myself a pass on this, but still, I could have done much better starting from 8% instead of 11-13%

4. Been more conscious of long ester product use in offseason, the reason I bloat so badly. 2 whole weeks in the beginning was just pissing out water, which could have been semi avoided. I was always afraid to run short esters too much, but now I realize how awesome they make you look so I'll stick to them for the entire prep.

patriceb

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2011, 11:43:42 AM »
Yes looks ok but what about using tren instead of winstrol? & what about adding some anadrol 50 last 3 weeks to blow your muscles out from the inside? Ever thought about that?

?? There is allready both tren and winstrol

If you want your muscles to blow, just use insulin instead during last 3 weeks, stop 3-4 days before the show, will give u enough time to drop the water

Use slow slin, humulin n, 30iu/day will do the work

SamsonD

• Getbig II
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2011, 02:00:02 PM »
Thanks for the input Reardon.
I'm not even close to 10% right now so I'm looking at a long probably arduous prep most likely.  I'm going to blast some GH and slin, test c, npp, and EQ for the next four weeks and get as much size on as possible then start the prep first of Feb. for a late May show.  I think the first few to four weeks I will tighten up a decent amount just from cleaning my diet up, but I think I'm going to get some cardio going right from the get go so I don't get behind.  If all goes perfect I'd like to be ready a couple weeks out so I can cruise in and/or maybe experiment with dropping water etc.
I think I'll stay on EQ right close to the show at 900mg, maybe a gram.  Prop and tren in increasing amounts as I go.  I don't think I'll go any higher than 4-450mg prop, but I'll see if I can stand 600-700mg tren, hell maybe more.  Once I start looking lean, hopefully by 8-10 weeks out I'll add in masteron and winny 500-700mg.  6-8IU GH througout, dropping a couple weeks ahead of time.

SmoofCat

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2011, 02:03:34 PM »
thanks to rearden and samsonD for your help in two very different areas of my contest prep.

Rearden, the advice to pin in my chest and tris has paid some noticeable dividends in the past week and a half. I can actually see growth.

and samson... We are in the same boat in terms of being rookies to insulin (although I have never touched it, only am about to). you do seem to be intelligent and on a similar pursuit of knowledge in this field as I am. I'm going to the pharmacy to ask for some humulin R right now lol, I hope the lady doesn't look at me like I'm insane.

aesthetics

• Getbig IV
  • ~lil' cutey~
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2011, 02:14:14 PM »
have you tried dyazide?

no, why?

i don't feel much of a need to run diuretics, i ran spiro for another reason than to dry out but also i was a bit curious what it would be like so i tried it. i'm around 11-12% bodyfat at the moment so to me it would feel like a waste to run diuretics, if i ever get down to 6% again i'll run a couple days of lasix, just for fun and to parade around while shirtless like a giant toolbag lol.

aesthetics

• Getbig IV
  • ~lil' cutey~
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2011, 02:19:40 PM »
thanks to rearden and samsonD for your help in two very different areas of my contest prep.

Rearden, the advice to pin in my chest and tris has paid some noticeable dividends in the past week and a half. I can actually see growth.

and samson... We are in the same boat in terms of being rookies to insulin (although I have never touched it, only am about to). you do seem to be intelligent and on a similar pursuit of knowledge in this field as I am. I'm going to the pharmacy to ask for some humulin R right now lol, I hope the lady doesn't look at me like I'm insane.

i think you will get turned down more often asking for insulin needles than you will humulin-r, at least i don't think they'll turn you away when asking for humulin-r since it doesn't require a script.

if you run insulin, avoid consuming fats at the same time, as free fatty acids in the presence of insulin will get shuttled into adipose tissue, which, obviously you want to avoid! there's really nothing to insulin though, it's a good hormone and people exaggerate the risks involved with its use.

patriceb

• Getbig II
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2011, 02:53:17 PM »
I recomend you use humuin n instead of humulin r.

You have no risk of hypo, less water retention, and people tend to eat too much on fast slin, wich will make you gain fat easily

I prefer way better slow slin

SmoofCat

• Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2011, 04:56:07 PM »
I had no problem whatsoever getting a bottle of humulin at the pharmacy an hour ago, and I got an additional 10 slin pins as well. They didn't even look at me funny, because I so clearly am not a dope addict or anything like that.

Actually, come to think of it, I have never had an issue from any pharmacy when going in to grab needles. Nobody has ever given me attitude or anything like that. I think it is because I present myself professionally, and am assertive and confident with  my requests. I think that if you are looking at your feet and stumbling your words, then the pharmacist might think something is up. I don't know.

I am not even sure that I am going to run this humulin stuff yet. I have already gained a huge amount of weight in the last couple of months, and while the insulin pre workout pump sounds like something I would enjoy, I don't know if I want to jump up to 240 this quickly. I mean going from under 220 to 240 in 6 weeks is kind of ridiculous. This is a marathon not a sprint, and with that adage in mind, I might just wait until after my next contest to start the insulin. However, I wanted to report to you guys that it is in fact very easy to get this shit at the pharmacy.

patriceb

• Getbig II
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2011, 05:48:01 PM »
Its easy because you dont need a prescribtion

By law they have no choice selling it to you, same with syringues

Swlabr

« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2011, 06:20:25 PM »
needles...syringes...bin s...bacteriostatic...wat er...are...free...to...g et...here...in...england ...

love...it...