Author Topic: 2 scoops whey, 4 times a day  (Read 7315 times)

240 or bust

2 scoops whey, 4 times a day
« on: October 12, 2005, 10:43:58 PM »
whey 4 times a day, meals 3 times a day.  Bad for me/ too much?

Is this an effective way to gain some muscle without getting too chubby?  While I know it's a lot of whey, it's keeping me out of the McD drivethru, and I've been able to cut back on cardio to gain some muscle back.  thanks.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
Re: 2 scoops whey, 4 times a day
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2005, 11:10:20 PM »
Oreo McFlurry with 2 scoops whey.  Great combo try it.

xkol

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2005, 01:10:00 AM »
if youre gonna use that much whey which is a bad choice for protein you should go with 1 scoop every hour and add some fiber like maybe flax meal or something and some fat from like peanuts to slow down digestion some.

doncheach

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2005, 04:07:31 AM »
if youre gonna use that much whey which is a bad choice for protein you should go with 1 scoop every hour and add some fiber like maybe flax meal or something and some fat from like peanuts to slow down digestion some.

1 scoop every hour ::) worst advice ever.

xkol

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2005, 04:35:02 AM »
1 scoop every hour ::) worst advice ever.
whey takes about a hour to digest so thats better than taking 40 grams of whey all at once(which most wont even get used if u do it that way) so shut the fuk up! an i dont mean take 16 scoops a day seein as how u up that much but to spread whatever u gonna use out an dont hav more than 1 scoop in every hour, its a waste any other way!

Bear03

• Getbig IV
  • back in the swing of things
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2005, 07:26:09 AM »
whey 4 times a day, meals 3 times a day.  Bad for me/ too much?

Is this an effective way to gain some muscle without getting too chubby?  While I know it's a lot of whey, it's keeping me out of the McD drivethru, and I've been able to cut back on cardio to gain some muscle back.  thanks.

if it's keeping you out of the McD drivethru, it's a good thing!  What you're doing isn't totally unreasonable, assuming three of those servings of whey come 1) right when you wake up, 2) right before your workout, and 3) right after your workout.  That leaves one serving as a MR, and i don't consider that to be at all excessive.
:-)

240 or bust

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2005, 07:34:46 AM »
if it's keeping you out of the McD drivethru, it's a good thing! What you're doing isn't totally unreasonable, assuming three of those servings of whey come 1) right when you wake up, 2) right before your workout, and 3) right after your workout. That leaves one serving as a MR, and i don't consider that to be at all excessive.

thanks.
yeah, i have an addictive personality... I tend to get hooked on alcohol, women, work, anything... i have been craving mcD bad for a week now... just keep putting it off.

muscle19

• Getbig IV
  • Lifes To Short To Be Small!!!
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2005, 09:14:27 AM »
yo dude, i see no problem with that idea 240, protein is portein weather its from whole foods or supps. whey by far is the best protein out there in my opinion, i currently eat about 3 whole meals a day with 4-5 shakes, which comes out to be around 300-350g protein/day. if u take in 2 scoops, just make sure that u eat again in a hour or 2 at max from drinking that shake, or better yet go with casein for meal replacments so the bcaas and protein can linger in body longer.

muscle
muscle

240 or bust

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2005, 09:25:10 AM »
yeah, i'll be buying casein next time i buy.  does it taste the same?

Usually when i eat healthy, i lose 10 pounds FAST and a lot of strength with it (i have been eating a steady mixed stream of fast food and big steak/spaghetti feasts at home)

this time, i'm eating steak/spaghetti/etc 3 times a day, along with FOUR meals of shakes (2 scoops whey).  I've only been doing it a few days, but I haven't lost any strength yet. I'm staying away from the scale.. dropping weight always freaks me out.

big E

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2005, 10:25:35 AM »
Ive taken 4 shakes of whey, 2 scoops for yrs. along with 4 food meals. if you feel your getting to (chubby) take a shake out. experiment with your foods, you only have your whole life to figure yourself out.
Thaiboxing,Bjj

Bear03

• Getbig IV
  • back in the swing of things
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2005, 01:09:19 PM »

Usually when i eat healthy, i lose 10 pounds FAST and a lot of strength with it (i have been eating a steady mixed stream of fast food and big steak/spaghetti feasts at home)
this time, i'm eating steak/spaghetti/etc 3 times a day, along with FOUR meals of shakes (2 scoops whey).

Casein, IMO, does not taste the same as whey.  I think it tastes better (usually you have to buy some sort of casein/whey blend anyway).  It has a milkier flavor, for obvious reasons, and thickens much more than whey.  For that reason its much closer to a milkshake. 

I don't get the "if i eat clean i get weak" argument.  Experiment with eating more at all 7 of your meals.

What i mean is, instead of 4 shakes and 3 huge fatty meals, try, for example, one shake and 6 meals with a moderate balance of veggies, complex carbs, lean-ish protein (flank steak, not porterhouse), etc.
:-)

muscle19

• Getbig IV
  • Lifes To Short To Be Small!!!
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2005, 05:42:14 PM »
ur probably not getting an appropriate amount of cals, carbs and protein. make sure ur getting atleast ur body weight in protein. if anything dont take out a shake, just watch what u eat for ur whole food meals. keep processed food down and just wtach what u eat.

muscle
muscle

(nothing)

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2005, 12:36:54 AM »
i think it a bit of an over kill but if it is working for you then go for it. i would switch it to at least4 meals and 3 shakes. every hour i guess would work but you have to be realistic ,some of us have to work and don't live at home with mom.
fat till furthe

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2005, 04:12:22 PM »
Once or twice should be good.
Go for the solid food - steaks,chicken
Eat some greens instead of the whey shake - salad
Water with all food ;)

loler

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2005, 04:13:40 PM »
i drink 3 x 2 scoops w 14 oz milk

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2005, 10:21:35 PM »
how often do you shit?????

i prefer eggs man, 8 in the morning (2 yolks out of the 8), and 4 at night (1 yolk)

i only have whey right before workout and after

ps sometimes i mix it with cocaine to get some protein cuz when im coked up i have no appetite  ;)
Valhalla awaits.

240 or bust

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2005, 10:23:27 PM »
i take the browns to the super bowl waaaay less now, on the whey, than i did when i had a mcgriddle 5 times a week. 

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2005, 04:45:20 PM »
man i cant stand fast food more than once in a while.  leaves me feeling like shit
Valhalla awaits.

RustySteel

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2005, 03:49:01 PM »
2 scoops of whey, 4 times a day? ???  How much do you weight?  What's your BMI?  What's your training like, activity level through-out the day? And a big one....what are you goals?  As a starting point...not knowing anything about you.  You need at least your body weight per day for total protein.  Ideally broken up into 6 meals.  That will break-down the protein into digestable quantities for your body.  Again, I do not know your body type, % fat, etc.  Depending on your goals you'll have to adjust from their.  Whey is the most readily available source of protein exceeding egg which is what all proteins are measured against.  However, whey is a supplement and if your looking for size you need to be eating...and eating big.  If you can't get your protein from whole foods, then....supplement.  Everyone is different!!!! Everyone. Cell Basics Baby!!

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2005, 07:28:42 PM »

this time, i'm eating steak/spaghetti/etc 3 times a day, along with FOUR meals of shakes (2 scoops whey).  I've only been doing it a few days, but I haven't lost any strength yet.

Looks like everyone is missing the boat on this one.
:

Mike

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2005, 09:18:26 PM »
Bottom line, if you're trying to fend off hunger you need to eat more REAL food and less shakes.  It'll keep you satisfied longer, you'll get more complete proteins and you'll get all your vitamins.

theMackaliciousOne

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2005, 02:38:33 PM »

this time, i'm eating steak/spaghetti/etc 3 times a day, along with FOUR meals of shakes (2 scoops whey).  I've only been doing it a few days, but I haven't lost any strength yet. I'm staying away from the scale.. dropping weight always freaks me out.

you WILL NOT LOSE FAT EATING FAST FOODS!!!!
am I the only one to see this BS
no wonder you look horrible...

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2005, 10:39:02 AM »
Seems like too much protein...when it comes down to it, it's how much you put in vs how much you burn/put out....

If you're looking for a great Casein...Met-Rx has been the best by far Protein Plus I believe it is....