Author Topic: Condolences to Bob Chic and Family - RIP Bob's Dad  (Read 5936 times)

random letters

• Getbig II
Re: Condolences to Bob Chic and Family - RIP Bob's Dad
« Reply #75 on: December 28, 2011, 08:28:51 AM »
Condolences Bob.  Tough time of year to lose a family member.

RIP

merrill1973

• Getbig II
« Reply #76 on: December 28, 2011, 09:06:42 AM »
spend some time with your folks and take nothing for granted...pick up the phone...enjoy the holidays together...and most importantly, tell them you love them while they're here.  

Very very wise words indeed.... I will definitley do that.

RIP.

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #77 on: December 28, 2011, 11:11:42 AM »
RIP

My condolences to Bob and all his family....

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #78 on: December 28, 2011, 12:10:16 PM »
RIP. Prayers are with you and your family. I feel your pain.

Peter McGough

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #79 on: December 28, 2011, 12:47:37 PM »
I’ve known Bob for the best part of 20 years and came to know Joe Cicherillo when my wife and I moved to Florida 2 ½ years ago. Joe and his wife Patti immediately took us into their group and showed us many kindnesses. Joe was much like Bob -- a big personality, with a ready wit and a certain boyishness, which was engaging. Meeting Joe I realized Bob really was a Chick off the old block. Joe would join in with conversations Bob and I had about bodybuilding, his input based on knowledge and a real feeling for the sport. In 2009 Joe and Patti attended the Olympia as Bob emceed and it clear to see he was as proud of his son and his son was of him. Through these last few months Bob tended to his father and Patti says her son was like a rock during those difficult times.  Bob is now focused on supporting his Mom who is now without a man she has loved for over 50 years and Bob is without the father who made him the man he is. Keep the whole Cicherillo family in your thoughts as they come to terms with their terrible loss.

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #80 on: December 28, 2011, 12:56:31 PM »
I’ve known Bob for the best part of 20 years and came to know Joe Cicherillo when my wife and I moved to Florida 2 ½ years ago. Joe and his wife Patti immediately took us into their group and showed us many kindnesses. Joe was much like Bob -- a big personality, with a ready wit and a certain boyishness, which was engaging. Meeting Joe I realized Bob really was a Chick off the old block. Joe would join in with conversations Bob and I had about bodybuilding, his input based on knowledge and a real feeling for the sport. In 2009 Joe and Patti attended the Olympia as Bob emceed and it clear to see he was as proud of his son and his son was of him. Through these last few months Bob tended to his father and Patti says her son was like a rock during those difficult times.  Bob is now focused on supporting his Mom who is now without a man she has loved for over 50 years and Bob is without the father who made him the man he is. Keep the whole Cicherillo family in your thoughts as they come to terms with their terrible loss.

this is good posting,, i can also like coach can feel bob pain in his words,, we all meet again one day friends we all go same place wether we want it or not

gh15 approved
fallen angel

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #81 on: December 28, 2011, 01:47:51 PM »
I don't know what losing my dad feels like, and hopefully I wont have to for many more years to come.  R.I.P. Joe C.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #82 on: December 28, 2011, 03:45:10 PM »

Thoughts and prayers to you as well my friend, as you and Ann tend to your sisters needs. 

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
« Reply #83 on: December 28, 2011, 03:59:29 PM »
A sincere thanks to all who expressed wishes.  my dad has battled prostate cancer for the last 12 years, the last few being worse due to the cancer metastasizing to the organs and bone. I knew what the future held which is why We moved to Florida 3 years ago...best move I ever made.  

I was not only able to be here to take care of my father and mother, but they have been able to spend a great deal of time with their one and only granddaughter, the joy of their lives

my father was a New York State Supreme court reporter for over 30 years, put himself through school while working for the post office full time raising the 3 of us...married 50 years to my mom.

my father was very proud of my accomplishments, and supported my efforts from day one...going with me to my very first competition at 13 years old.  he didn't always understand why I wanted to do what I wanted to do...and was most curious as to how I as going to make money from it...lol...but was there anyway.

it's a surreal experience, as I still expect him to be sitting in his recliner at home  or to be hitting the golf course with him this week as usual....Hopefully, he can fix that slice up there ;)

spend some time with your folks and take nothing for granted...pick up the phone...enjoy the holidays together...and most importantly, tell them you love them while they're here.  

Great way to remember your dad Bob. I'm sorry for your loss.
and keep moving!

AussieMike

• Getbig I
« Reply #84 on: December 28, 2011, 04:09:32 PM »
Condolences to you and family Bob.

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #85 on: December 29, 2011, 12:32:00 AM »
Watching a parent decline over a long period of time is wrenching.

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #86 on: December 29, 2011, 04:01:47 AM »
Condolences to your family
"

claymore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #87 on: December 29, 2011, 04:50:03 AM »
Sorry for your loss Bob  :'(