Author Topic: Obama and the Pentagon say no to a NYC Parade for Iraq War Vets. FUBO RIK!!!!  (Read 1177 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
That's the way its supposed to be done.
Good luck getting people to do it though, they're just ad happy creating a police state in order to feel safe from terrorism. Too many people I know are happy to hand over their freedoms to the gov who promises them safety from "terrorists" Easy way to get the people to do what you want, methinks.

I don't really agree with this as blanket statemetn

I think some people in our country definitely seem willing to give up their freedom for some fake sense of security and I honestly have to say that most of these people seem to be on the far right.

I think then center and moving left are against this nonsense and also no it's pointless (other than being effective in taking away our civil liberties)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

I think some people in our country definitely seem willing to give up their freedom for some fake sense of security and I honestly have to say that most of these people seem to be on the far right.

I think then center and moving left are against this nonsense and also no it's pointless (other than being effective in taking away our civil liberties)

You mean like Obama asking Senator Levin for powers of indenfinate detention and advocating a national police force? 

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!

::)
lol @ you thinking that its a republican/democrat thing.
Its a Politician/citizen thing.
Democrats try and take just as many rights away as the republicans do - just in different ways.
The democrats like to take freedom's from people in the name of political correctness.
Republicans tend to do it in the name of fear/safety

Both sides will take every freedom you offer them as long as they can make people think its in their best interest.

Honestly Obama has taken just as many freedoms as Bush and is trying to take many more - see indefinate detention, Internet censorship.

Get off the left's dicksack and be real for a minute.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
::)
lol @ you thinking that its a republican/democrat thing.
Its a Politician/citizen thing.
Democrats try and take just as many rights away as the republicans do - just in different ways.
The democrats like to take freedom's from people in the name of political correctness.
Republicans tend to do it in the name of fear/safety

Both sides will take every freedom you offer them as long as they can make people think its in their best interest.

Honestly Obama has taken just as many freedoms as Bush and is trying to take many more - see indefinate detention, Internet censorship.

Get off the left's dicksack and be real for a minute.

I'm making a distinction between voters and the politicians
We saw just a week or so ago that politicians have no problem resolving their vast ideological differences when it comes to restricting or rescinding our freedome in name of "keeping us safe"

When it come to actual people I've not seen any example that I can recall of anyone on the left (or center) being in favor of this type of bullshit for the sake of "political correctness".  I do recall seeing/hearing people on the right criticize those who were against the patriot act for "not caring about the country", "being naive" etc...
I also recall people on the right using their own personal fear as justification for restricting everyone

Again, as I mentioned before there is no generalized example that perfectly fits everyone on either side of the fence.