Author Topic: Some Call for HBO Boycott in Wake of Bill Maher's Derisive Tweet About Tim Tebow  (Read 9555 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
what you're saying is NOT TRUE.  You probably have seen a clip or two from some liberal TV show of some baptist ministers being hateful and you've based your opinion on that.  it's funny how you don't bat an eye while portraying most (when you say "run of the mill" thats what you mean.  own it.  don't be a pussy) baptist ministers as hate mongers because people on tv like Bill Maher have made you believe that not only is it OK to do but that you're also correct in that line of thinking. LEMMING.

The fact is that both sides are guilty of being hateful at some time or another.  There are just some people who are intelligent enough to see hate for what it is and some who just don't nor ever will get it.  Do you honestly see no problem in your post?  Have you become that brainwashed?  It's not OK to say that most Baptist preachers are hate mongers.  

Here is the part where you backpedal and say thats not what you meant.  

LOL.    Good luck at that.    Straw lives in a paralell universe along with his fellow obamacunt blacken.   

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
all up in arms because of what a comedian says  :D :D :D :D :D

bears

• Getbig IV

LOL.    Good luck at that.    Straw lives in a paralell universe along with his fellow obamacunt blacken.   

they just want tolerance shown to everyone for whom THEY think deserves tolerance.  No one else.  He doesn't get it.  He's a well trained lemming.  He sees nothing wrong with stating that most Baptist ministers are hate mongers.  TV has taught him that that kind of hatred is acceptable.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
what you're saying is NOT TRUE.  You probably have seen a clip or two from some liberal TV show of some baptist ministers being hateful and you've based your opinion on that.  it's funny how you don't bat an eye while portraying most (when you say "run of the mill" thats what you mean.  own it.  don't be a pussy) baptist ministers as hate mongers because people on tv like Bill Maher have made you believe that not only is it OK to do but that you're also correct in that line of thinking. LEMMING.

The fact is that both sides are guilty of being hateful at some time or another.  There are just some people who are intelligent enough to see hate for what it is and some who just don't nor ever will get it.  Do you honestly see no problem in your post?  Have you become that brainwashed?  It's not OK to say that most Baptist preachers are hate mongers.  

Here is the part where you backpedal and say thats not what you meant.  

ok, maybe not "run of the mill" baptist preacher.....I'll give you that but you know there are plenty of examples of true hatred by some christian preachers.   Do you really need me to go find the videos for you?

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

worried about what comedians say then they follow this con man ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
ok, maybe not "run of the mill" baptist preacher.....I'll give you that but you know there are plenty of examples of true hatred by some christian preachers.   Do you really need me to go find the videos for you?

According to the communist left - anyone who does not agree with living like heathen is a hater.  

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

According to the communist left - anyone who does not agree with living like heathen is a hater.  

never heard that before

sounds like more of your communist propaganda

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
for example of hatred look up your run of the mill baptist preacher and ask him what he thinks about muslims or gays and you'll see an example of hatred

You don't know many baptist preachers then.  I know many, and I have yet to meet a Baptist preacher whom I have ever heard say anything hateful toward Muslims or gays, or anybody for that matter.  You allow the media to brainwash you into believing that those few hateful preachers you see on TV represent "your run of the mill baptist preacher."

Hatred makes people unhappy, and Republicans are happier and have more friends than Democrats.     ;D

Study:  Republicans Happier than Democrats, have more friends too
http://www.aolnews.com/2010/10/31/study-republicans-happier-than-democrats/

Study:  Happiness Is ... Being Old, Male and Republican
http://www.livescience.com/3610-happiness-male-republican.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
You don't know many baptist preachers then.  I know many, and I have yet to meet a Baptist preacher whom I have ever heard say anything hateful toward Muslims or gays, or anybody for that matter.  You allow the media to brainwash you into believing that those few hateful preachers you see on TV represent "your run of the mill baptist preacher."

Hatred makes people unhappy, and Republicans are happier and have more friends than Democrats.     ;D

Keep in mind this is the same person who thinks anyone with a sincerely held religious belief is mentally ill. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
He voted for Obama - what do you expect? 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

interesting study

I guess you could chalk it up to ignorance is bliss

I have to say that I know a bunch of Old, Male Republicans and most of them are financially and I think that might be the reason they are happy but a certain group have a hair trigger anger as soon as you start talking about policitics

bears

• Getbig IV

Yeah Straw there's a lot of people who say stupid things. 

all i know is that YOU will never hear ME say that a "run of the mill" Muslim is a bad person.  Because that's plain old stupid.  I've never thought something like that was OK to say. 

The difference I'm seeing is that stupid, hick, toothless republicans say that kind of shit.  People that no normal conservative republican respects or listens to. 

However people like Bill Maher, whom many normal liberal democrats respect, spread the same kind of hatred and somehow this is looked upon as not only funny by his followers but also as true and correct.  Somewhere along the line our liberal media decided that it was OK to spread hatred as long as it is directed at the right groups of people.

Because I'm sorry if you believe that anyone could get up on a tv show and mock a devout Muslim athlete's faith in Allah, you're sorely mistaken.  And that's just plain old truth that liberals refuse to accept.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
boycott hbo is fucking stupid...  I don't know what he tweeted, I didn't read it and I'm not going to.  I imagine it was terrible as usual with him.  He's quickly becoming the biggest asshole known to mankind.  If that's really the imagine he wants he's putting his already loney fuggly ass in his own prison cell.  Let the guy self-destruct; it's not HBO's fault.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Eh, isn't this the same nitwit (Maher) who called the fighting style of the American troops cowardly?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
boycott hbo is fucking stupid...  I don't know what he tweeted, I didn't read it and I'm not going to.  I imagine it was terrible as usual with him.  He's quickly becoming the biggest asshole known to mankind.  If that's really the imagine he wants he's putting his already loney fuggly ass in his own prison cell.  Let the guy self-destruct; it's not HBO's fault.

At least his young daughter is cute!    :)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Yeah Straw there's a lot of people who say stupid things. 

all i know is that YOU will never hear ME say that a "run of the mill" Muslim is a bad person.  Because that's plain old stupid.  I've never thought something like that was OK to say. 

The difference I'm seeing is that stupid, hick, toothless republicans say that kind of shit.  People that no normal conservative republican respects or listens to. 

However people like Bill Maher, whom many normal liberal democrats respect, spread the same kind of hatred and somehow this is looked upon as not only funny by his followers but also as true and correct.  Somewhere along the line our liberal media decided that it was OK to spread hatred as long as it is directed at the right groups of people.

Because I'm sorry if you believe that anyone could get up on a tv show and mock a devout Muslim athlete's faith in Allah, you're sorely mistaken.  And that's just plain old truth that liberals refuse to accept.

dude - didn't I already concede that point.   

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Maher does not 'hate' Christians... as a matter of fact, if you would actually follow him, he has a deep respect for those who act "Christ like" and not just call themselves "Christians".

Of course, if you don't follow any of his stuff, then you wouldn't know.

I watch his show just like I watch O'Reilly and the rest of the political pundits... They are all just entertainers afterall, and what I found is that they all, including him, make some kooky ass statements.

Bill Maher makes a lot of valid points as well, but of course, people who don't watch him speak are going to be the first group of people saying that they "know" what he's saying. ::)

The fact is that Maher makes no apologies that he is a reformed Catholic and since this is The United States of America, he doesn't have to.

He has NEVER called the terrorists "heroes" and has gone on record as agreeing with Afghanistan and not Iraq.

So if you are going to tell a lie (Mark) then at least admit that you just made some shit up.

But you won't, so feel free to avoid this thread like the plague now, because if you come back and don't admit that you made it up, then I'll call you a fucking piece of shit liar.

33333, you know he's not a communist and if you guys would watch his show, you would know that Maher wants Ron Paul to get the nomination.

Also, he bet a million dollars to 1 that the black man would NEVER get the republican nomination, and he was right.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
And how is this any different from the bullshit that Coulter and Rush spew?

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
Do these clowns realize that by calling for a "boycott" on his show that they are giving him free publicity and will probably get more people to watch his show?

He said something on Twitter, great, who gives a shit.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
And how is this any different from the bullshit that Coulter and Rush spew?
If you're saying the stuff Maher spews isn't any different than Coulter that sure doesn't say much for Maher lol.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Eh, isn't this the same nitwit (Maher) who called the fighting style of the American troops cowardly?

Yes, and praised the 911 terrorists. 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Yes, and praised the 911 terrorists. 

You are a god damn liar.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Maher does not 'hate' Christians... as a matter of fact, if you would actually follow him, he has a deep respect for those who act "Christ like" and not just call themselves "Christians".

Of course, if you don't follow any of his stuff, then you wouldn't know.

I watch his show just like I watch O'Reilly and the rest of the political pundits... They are all just entertainers afterall, and what I found is that they all, including him, make some kooky ass statements.

Bill Maher makes a lot of valid points as well, but of course, people who don't watch him speak are going to be the first group of people saying that they "know" what he's saying. ::)

The fact is that Maher makes no apologies that he is a reformed Catholic and since this is The United States of America, he doesn't have to.

He has NEVER called the terrorists "heroes" and has gone on record as agreeing with Afghanistan and not Iraq.

So if you are going to tell a lie (Mark) then at least admit that you just made some shit up.

But you won't, so feel free to avoid this thread like the plague now, because if you come back and don't admit that you made it up, then I'll call you a fucking piece of shit liar.

33333, you know he's not a communist and if you guys would watch his show, you would know that Maher wants Ron Paul to get the nomination.

Also, he bet a million dollars to 1 that the black man would NEVER get the republican nomination, and he was right.

sure sounds like he has a healthy respect for tebow ::)

they guy is a hack and you idiots give him a pass while condemning rush and coulter b/c you say "he is a comedian" ::)

well lets just say that rush and coulter were making jokes then now stfu!!!

you condemn all sides for whats wrong and this wasnt this is representative of his beliefs

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
sure sounds like he has a healthy respect for tebow ::)

they guy is a hack and you idiots give him a pass while condemning rush and coulter b/c you say "he is a comedian" ::)

well lets just say that rush and coulter were making jokes then now stfu!!!

you condemn all sides for whats wrong and this wasnt this is representative of his beliefs

Who has said that Ann and Rush didn't have the right to say what they want?

Certainly not me...

What does this mean? "you condemn all sides for whats wrong and this wasnt this is representative of his beliefs"

I seriously don't understand what you are saying here.

Did I say he was a comedian? I said he was an entertainer... As are ALL of them.

Why did you respond to my post which has almost no basis for your retort at all.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Who has said that Ann and Rush didn't have the right to say what they want?

Certainly not me...

What does this mean? "you condemn all sides for whats wrong and this wasnt this is representative of his beliefs"

I seriously don't understand what you are saying here.

Did I say he was a comedian? I said he was an entertainer... As are ALL of them.

Why did you respond to my post which has almost no basis for your retort at all.
What I mean is if its wrong its wrong no matter who does it.

I never said anyone said they didnt have a right to say something....

What you did say is that he has a deep respect for christians who act christ like.

This comment didnt come from a place of respect and he didnt mean it as a joke like others want ppl to believe(maybe not yourself specifically)

I responded to your post b/c of your comment about respect, there is no respect in this mans comment at all but it was not all directed solely at you.