Author Topic: Some Call for HBO Boycott in Wake of Bill Maher's Derisive Tweet About Tim Tebow  (Read 9554 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
I don't think anyone should boycott his show (assuming people actually watch it), but he is a stone cold idiot.  And he's not funny.  How does he keep getting work??

Some Call for HBO Boycott in Wake of Bill Maher's Derisive Tweet About Tim Tebow
Published December 27, 2011
FoxNews.com

HBO is catching some flak in the wake of comedian Bill Maher's crack about Denver Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow.

Maher, who hosts the long-running HBO show "Real Time With Bill Maher," wrote a message on his Twitter account after the Broncos lost to the Buffalo Bills on Saturday.

"Wow, Jesus just f**ked #TimTebow bad! And on Xmas Eve! Somewhere ... Satan is tebowing, saying to Hitler "Hey, Buffalo’s killing them."

Tebow had thrown four interceptions in his team's Christmas Eve loss to the Bills, which prompted Maher's remark.

Tebow tweeted after the game: "Tough game today but what's most important is being able to celebrate the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ. Merry Christmas everyone GB2."

(GB2 is a phrase Tebow has made popular that means "God Bless + Go Broncos," according to his official website.)

And while Tebow did not respond to Maher, some of his fans are calling for a boycott of HBO, urging customers who find Maher's tweet offensive to cancel their subscriptions to the pay cable channel, Yahoo! Sports reports.

Tebow has made it quite clear he believes in God, and some (including Tebow's own pastor) have said God is due some credit for the Broncos' surprise winning season with Tebow running the offense. Many were surprised when Tebow was given the starting quarterback job as he is an unorthodox quarterback with a below average arm, causing his team to run a college type offense.

The Broncos are 6-3 with Tebow as their quarterback. The prayer he says in the end zone after scoring a touchdown has been dubbed "Tebowing," helping to turn the Heisman trophy winner into a national sensation.

Maher is an avowed atheist. His "Real Time with Bill Maher," returns with new episodes on January 13, 2012.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2011/12/27/some-call-for-hbo-boycott-in-wake-bill-mahers-derisive-tweet-about-tim-tebow/?test=faces

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Another communist comedian who the jerkoffs and lemmings like Straw, blackass, TA, et al eat up like pie. 

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
I don't like what he says, but he has freedom of speech.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
what's so bad about that tweet

clearly God did not favor Tebow that day

maybe Tebow wore clothes of mixed fibers or ate some shellfish and Tebow seems to "work" alot on Sunday and we know how God hates that

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Another communist comedian who the jerkoffs and lemmings like Straw, blackass, TA, et al eat up like pie. 

of course you have a problem with freedom of speech

you're the ONLY commie on this board

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
I don't like what he says, but he has freedom of speech.

Yep.  He has the right to call the 911 terrorists heroes.  To ridicule Palin's disabled baby.  And make any other asinine comment he wants.  He apparently has an audience. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Yep.  He has the right to call the 911 terrorists heroes.  To ridicule Palin's disabled baby.  And make any other asinine comment he wants.  He apparently has an audience. 

I don't think he called them heros

I think he called them brave which is still fucking ridiculous as there is nothing brave about being mentally ill and wanting to kill yourself and others

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

;D  ;D  ;D

QFT! ! !

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
;D  ;D  ;D

QFT! ! !

except it not's true but since when has that ever bothered you

bears

• Getbig IV
Maher has always had a irrational hatred for Tim Tebow.  I doubt it because he's a proud Christian.  He must have some other reason.  ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Maher has always had a irrational hatred for Tim Tebow.  I doubt it because he's a proud Christian.  He must have some other reason.  ::)

How about Mahr is just an overall piece of garbage and represents all of the filth in this nation?   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

I haven't seen his show in awhile

what kind of irrational hatred stuff has he done (I assume it's something other than tell jokes which is what he does about everyone left, right and center)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
How about Mahr is just an overall piece of garbage and represents all of the filth in this nation?   

really becaue that's the exact description I would give for you

maybe you're long lost brothers

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox

He has a deep hatred for conservative Christians.  It must be eating him up inside.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
He has a deep hatred for conservative Christians.  It must be eating him up inside.

hatred?

All I've seen is him make a bunch of jokes about religion but he doesn't seem to "hate" any of them (in my opinion)

maybe it feels that way to other people

sometime getting made fun of can make people angry

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

Truth.  He's surrounded.   :)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
hatred?

All I've seen is him make a bunch of jokes about religion but he doesn't seem to "hate" any of them (in my opinion)

maybe it feels that way to other people

sometime getting made fun of can make people angry

LMFAO!!!!    Except when it is beloved far left communist heros. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
LMFAO!!!!    Except when it is beloved far left communist heros. 

if that were true then you would be a fan since you're the only  commie on this board

bears

• Getbig IV
I haven't seen his show in awhile

what kind of irrational hatred stuff has he done (I assume it's something other than tell jokes which is what he does about everyone left, right and center)

are you sitting here trying to say that Maher is fair and balanced and is just as hard on the left as he is on the right?  seriously?  why has politics in this day and age made so many people so fucking full of shit?  i mean you know thats not true.  why do you sit here and lie?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
are you sitting here trying to say that Maher is fair and balanced and is just as hard on the left as he is on the right?  seriously?  why has politics in this day and age made so many people so fucking full of shit?  i mean you know thats not true.  why do you sit here and lie?

never said he was fair and balanced and I don't he has ever promoted himself that way

I said I do not believe he HATES anyone due to their religious beliefs. 

He might mock the crap out of them and ridicule them but that is not the same as hatred

for example of hatred look up your run of the mill baptist preacher and ask him what he thinks about muslims or gays and you'll see an example of hatred

if you need other examples of hatred just sroll around this board and check out any of 333's post where he talks about his seething rage and hatred for half of the people in this country.   Those would be example of hatred

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
never said he was fair and balanced and I don't he has ever promoted himself that way

He might mock the crap out of them and ridicule them but that is not the same as hatred

for example of hatred look up your run of the mill baptist preacher and ask him what he thinks about muslims or gays and you'll see an example of hatred

if you need other examples of hatred just sroll around this board and check out any of 333's post where he talks about his seething rage and hatred for half of the people in this country.   Those would be example of hatred

Unlike you and Mahr I admit I despise and loathe certain people.   I make no apologies or pretenses.    That is the difference.    I detest every single last one of you obamabots.   

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
he's a fu#king comedian get the fu#k over it  ::) ::)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

:D :D :D :D

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Unlike you and Mahr I admit I despise and loathe certain people.   I make no apologies or pretenses.    That is the difference.    I detest every single last one of you obamabots.   

I don't despise, detest or hate anyone

not even you

I think you're a profoundly stupid person and most likely mentally ill but I don't hate you

I actually think your hatred (self admitted) is a sign (or is it a symptom?) of your mental illness

bears

• Getbig IV

for example of hatred look up your run of the mill baptist preacher and ask him what he thinks about muslims or gays and you'll see an example of hatredif you need other examples of hatred just sroll around this board and check out any of 333's post where he talks about his seething rage and hatred for half of the people in this country.   Those would be example of hatred

what you're saying is NOT TRUE.  You probably have seen a clip or two from some liberal TV show of some baptist ministers being hateful and you've based your opinion on that.  it's funny how you don't bat an eye while portraying most (when you say "run of the mill" thats what you mean.  own it.  don't be a pussy) baptist ministers as hate mongers because people on tv like Bill Maher have made you believe that not only is it OK to do but that you're also correct in that line of thinking. LEMMING.

The fact is that both sides are guilty of being hateful at some time or another.  There are just some people who are intelligent enough to see hate for what it is and some who just don't nor ever will get it.  Do you honestly see no problem in your post?  Have you become that brainwashed?  It's not OK to say that most Baptist preachers are hate mongers.  

Here is the part where you backpedal and say thats not what you meant.