Author Topic: Who are some multi-millionaire pro bodybuilders?  (Read 30038 times)

armchairifbbjudge

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
Re: Who are some multi-millionaire pro bodybuilders?
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2011, 06:26:00 AM »
Personal trainer!

doesn't seem to be working (yet?) for the client  :-\

armchairifbbjudge

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2011, 06:27:11 AM »
I thought nasser sold stone these days  ???

greeneyes

• Getbig IV
  • TeaM beautiful éyés FéLLa whén he eatiNg
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2011, 06:30:39 AM »
Arnold and labrada are the only 2 winners , they are rich and not serious health damage

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2011, 06:47:25 AM »

Jav

• Getbig III
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2011, 07:02:44 AM »
Arnold and labrada are the only 2 winners , they are rich and not serious health damage

Didn't Arnold have a triple bypass??? Maybe not only caused by his bodybuilding career??? but can't have helped with what ever they where doing even in the 70s

matrixgh

• Getbig II
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2011, 07:11:24 AM »
I thing here is top pros who made more than million

1.Dave Palumbo
2.Rich Gaspari
3.Ronnie Coleman

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2011, 07:12:39 AM »

1.Dave Palumbo
2.Rich Gaspari
3.Ronnie Coleman
Top pro's... ???

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2011, 07:14:58 AM »

You forgot about "Big Louie".

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2011, 07:15:32 AM »

1.Dave Palumbo
2.Rich Gaspari
3.Ronnie Coleman

I doubt if Pulumbo is a pro...  :-\

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2011, 08:16:39 AM »
I doubt if Pulumbo is a pro...  :-\

He never was

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2011, 08:21:06 AM »

matrixgh

• Getbig II
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2011, 08:27:09 AM »
I think he did got his pro card?

farrellzach

• Getbig II
  • Apostolic Elf
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2011, 08:30:19 AM »

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2011, 08:31:08 AM »
I think he did got his pro card?

nope, don't think so.

Anglo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2011, 08:31:11 AM »
MD reported Dillet got a six figure "contract" some years ago, he must be comfortable now.

Kamali too got "six figures" for wearing a pair of six spotter pumas or something..

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2011, 08:49:51 AM »
MD reported Dillet got a six figure "contract" some years ago, he must be comfortable now.

Kamali too got "six figures" for wearing a pair of six spotter pumas or something..

Don't believe the hype

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • significantly cheaper and federally legal
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2011, 08:51:07 AM »

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2011, 08:59:42 AM »
There have only been a handful:

Arnold (Made it from Hollywood, not bodybuilding)
Labrada (Supplements)
Gaspari (Supplements)
Dugdale (His personal company)

Remember, you can make up to a million, but after taxes you will soon notice that the guys who made 1 million dollars, walk away with a mere $6-700,000.

If you consider the sum of all their assets combined (Homes, Cars, savings) then yes you might be able to add Jay Cutler and possibly Ronnie Coleman to the list of guys that have earned 1 million dollars.

That's it.

"1"

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2011, 09:03:48 AM »

Labrada (Supplements)
Gaspari (Supplements)

Remember, you can make up to a million, but after taxes you will soon notice that the guys who made 1 million dollars, walk away with a mere $6-700,000.

If you consider the sum of all their assets combined (Homes, Cars, savings) then yes you might be able to add Jay Cutler and possibly Ronnie Coleman to the list of guys that have earned 1 million dollars.

That's it.

"1"

It says "rich pro bodybuilders"; it doesn't say that their riches had to come exclusively or primarily from bodybuilding (Don't forget "Big Louie").

Steve Reeves, Reg Park, and Serge Nubret all made their money primarily from movies, as well.

Stan Efferding also owns his own business; so you might be able to include him.

Troy Zuccolotto took his money he made from the WBF and opened a wellness clinic in California. I think he'd qualify as a millionaire, too.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2011, 09:10:44 AM »
Steve Reeves, Reg Park, and Serge Nubret all made their money primarily from movies, as well.

Stan Efferding also owns his own business; so you might be able to include him.

Troy Zuccolotto took his money he made from the WBF and opened a wellness clinic in California. I think he'd qualify as a millionaire, too.

I wonder whether the time frame in which they (Reeves, Park & Nubret) made their money allowed for them to be categorized as millionaires.  No Hollywood actor was being paid anywhere near a million to make a movie back in those days, at least not that I know of.  Taking inflation into account, I guess it could be possible that there 6-figure wealth might translate into a millionaire status today.

Never heard of Stan Efferding, aside from the fact that he is a powerlifter.

Don't know enough about Zuccolotto to comment.

"1"

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2011, 09:11:24 AM »

Labrada (Supplements)
Gaspari (Supplements)

That's it.

"1"

Both Cutler and Coleman have made more than a million from PRIZE MONEY alone. You're WAAAAAAY off.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2011, 09:23:35 AM »
Both Cutler and Coleman have made more than a million from PRIZE MONEY alone. You're WAAAAAAY off.

Really?

Can you show me some figures and adjust them for taxes deducted and expenses (costs of living, steroids, insurance) incurred?

What's the highest a Mr. Olympia winner walks away with? This year it was $200,000, but prior years it was much less.  

After taxes, that amount dwindles down to about $140-150,000 (That's for the $200K figure, the prior years were much less after taxes).

Ronnie won 8 straight Mr. Olympias, now assuming he didn't spend a cent of his earnings after taxes ($150,000 at best), that would then leave him with roughly about $1,200,000 (Since prior Mr. Olympia wins weren't as high as this past year, that means he probably was more likely around $900,000-$1,200,000).

Considering the fact that he spent some of that money to purchase a home (say about $3-400,000) and about 3-4 cars (say $25-35,000 a piece totalling $100,000) that would then bring his actual take home income to about $4-500,000.

That's not a millionaire.  

Yes, I am not taking their supplement contracts into account, but those are completely over-estimated with figures that are completely false.

"1"

closeline

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2011, 09:31:50 AM »
are u stupid?

he won at least 20 other smaller shows including the arnold classic with a 100,000 dollar prize + a hummer

his BSN contact alone was hundrets of thousands of dollars

im pretty sure that he could easiely live from his guest apperances and sponsoring without even touching the prize money income

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2011, 09:42:56 AM »
Really?

Can you show me some figures and adjust them for taxes deducted and expenses (costs of living, steroids, insurance) incurred?

What's the highest a Mr. Olympia winner walks away with? This year it was $200,000, but prior years it was much less.  

After taxes, that amount dwindles down to about $140-150,000 (That's for the $200K figure, the prior years were much less after taxes).

Ronnie won 8 straight Mr. Olympias, now assuming he didn't spend a cent of his earnings after taxes ($150,000 at best), that would then leave him with roughly about $1,200,000 (Since prior Mr. Olympia wins weren't as high as this past year, that means he probably was more likely around $900,000-$1,200,000).

Considering the fact that he spent some of that money to purchase a home (say about $3-400,000) and about 3-4 cars (say $25-35,000 a piece totalling $100,000) that would then bring his actual take home income to about $4-500,000.

That's not a millionaire.  

Yes, I am not taking their supplement contracts into account, but those are completely over-estimated with figures that are completely false.

"1"

Deductions, my friend. Bodybuilders are self employed and can make use of many deductions vs. taxes. But, just from AC and Olympias alone, Cutler has what, 4 1sts and 6 seconds at the O which grossed him near 750k and 5 wins for each which grossed him well over 1M. Then you have Muscletech's "Match the prize" which Jay and Heath both have which doubled their prize winnings. THEN you factor in Jay has/had over 20 sponsors at one time. THEENNNNN you factor in guest appearances.

He's been at it for 18 years. You don't think the man could have earned 10M+ in that time and invested decently?

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: December 29, 2011, 09:46:08 AM »
He's been at it for 18 years. You don't think the man could have earned 10M+ in that time and invested decently?

I don't think so. 

But then again, what do I know, I'm just an overpaid accountant who has done taxes for well over 5 top-tier IFBB pros in the New York City area.

"1"