Author Topic: Who are some multi-millionaire pro bodybuilders?  (Read 30095 times)

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
Re: Who are some multi-millionaire pro bodybuilders?
« Reply #75 on: December 29, 2011, 03:16:41 PM »
doesn't Jay's wife still work fulltime as a nurse?

There's no way. 

She must have taken a meager per diem job seeing that her husband brings so much money into the household.  I mean, why break her back?

"1"

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #76 on: December 29, 2011, 03:32:49 PM »

AFAIK, she works in an anti-aging clinic

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
« Reply #77 on: December 29, 2011, 03:42:41 PM »
I bet the Barbarian Brothers are rolling in money.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #78 on: December 29, 2011, 03:56:19 PM »
Man... Jay's house is well worth over a million.

Prolly lost some value since because of... you know, American economy..

I concede that he had to have the finances in place to pay such a number for that house. But holy shit did he buy at the worst time possible. That house is now assessed at around $700,000 and the homes right around him are going for around 500,000. Wouldn't be surprised if he just walks away from that home. Thats almost a million dollar loss that he'll never recoup. I heard he bought other homes/investments around the same time. DAMN he must have gotten crushed.

http://www.trulia.com/homes/Nevada/Las_Vegas/sold/20111533-4500-Palisades-Canyon-Cir-Las-Vegas-NV-89129

His neighbor here was asking 1.1m for a 5600 square foot home with 6 beds/7 bath and ended up selling it for $900,000 in 2010
http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/4435-Palisades-Canyon-Cir-Las-Vegas-NV-89129/2138356990_zpid/

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/4435-Palisades-Canyon-Cir-Las-Vegas-NV-89129/2138356990_zpid/

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #79 on: December 29, 2011, 03:58:53 PM »

Haha...and so...?

She was studying during the times one of Jay's DVDs were filmed..

Very few women these days are comfortable just laying at home all days doing nothing while their husbands are constantly on the road...

Jay btw once bought sum' twin -turbo Porsche for her... maybe for graduation?

bike nut

• Getbig V
  • Desperation is a stinky cologne
« Reply #80 on: December 29, 2011, 04:05:30 PM »
Melissa Detwiller...

Earning coin the old fashioned way.

mass243

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: December 29, 2011, 04:05:58 PM »
I concede that he had to have the finances in place to pay such a number for that house. But holy shit did he buy at the worst time possible. That house is now assessed at around $700,000 and the homes right around him are going for around 500,000. Wouldn't be surprised if he just walks away from that home. Thats almost a million dollar loss that he'll never recoup. I heard he bought other homes/investments around the same time. DAMN he must have gotten crushed.

http://www.trulia.com/homes/Nevada/Las_Vegas/sold/20111533-4500-Palisades-Canyon-Cir-Las-Vegas-NV-89129

Yes, that Must hurt. Might be one of the reasons Jay seems to continue his bb-career.
But maybe Jay is patriotic; always believing America will outcome the troubles and housing market will boom again in next 10 years...
(I have my views about the subject but that's a story for another thread)

I've heard and read countless stories about how many lost fortunes because of crash on housing markets. It was such a bubble in America for ages... many thought they would get rich just by buying a house with huge leverage and then wait a year or two and sell it for double the purchasing price  :-\

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #82 on: December 29, 2011, 04:10:11 PM »
IMR speaks the truth

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #83 on: December 29, 2011, 04:10:36 PM »
Yes, that Must hurt. Might be one of the reasons Jay seems to continue his bb-career.
But maybe Jay is patriotic; always believing America will outcome the troubles and housing market will boom again in next 10 years...
(I have my views about the subject but that's a story for another thread)

I've heard and read countless stories about how many lost fortunes because of crash on housing markets. It was such a bubble in America for ages... many thought they would get rich just by buying a house with huge leverage and then wait a year or two and sell it for double the purchasing price  :-\

Ya what happened with the housing bubble was fucking criminal. Many hard working Americans had to go bankrupt even though they still made large amounts of money.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #84 on: December 29, 2011, 04:14:58 PM »
Melissa Detwiller...

Earning coin the old fashioned way.
Want her  :P

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #85 on: December 29, 2011, 04:18:21 PM »
Quincy Taylors gotta be up there....

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: December 29, 2011, 04:20:13 PM »
Quincy Taylors gotta be up there....

Can't forget jocelyn pelletier while you're at it..

"1"

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #87 on: December 29, 2011, 04:28:07 PM »
I wonder how Shawn ray is doing financially? He only competed in the olympia and didn't do many other shows if any later on his career

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: December 29, 2011, 04:33:43 PM »
Interesting posts 1.

I would have assumed that guys like Jay and Ronnie would have 5-15 million before reading this thread.  Clearly these guys have made a lot more than a million dollars in their lifetime, but perhaps they haven't been able to keep a hold of it?  I guess I assume too much based on my own experiences.  My dad was able to accumulate at least 1-2 million dollars just on an average tech-industry salary (100k or so per year at the time of his retirement) and some smart investment choices (building his own house for 75k, which is now worth almost a million)... most of my friends' parents / families have similar stories and backgrounds, and they're all just "average people" to me... to think that these superstars of the bodybuilding world wouldn't even be able to make as much as the people I'm around on a daily basis is mind-boggling.

mass243

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: December 29, 2011, 04:34:29 PM »
I wonder how Shawn ray is doing financially? He only competed in the olympia and didn't do many other shows if any later on his career

At least he had big mouth about his wealth back in da day :D

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #90 on: December 29, 2011, 05:09:15 PM »
She works in a plastic surgeons office.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: December 29, 2011, 05:17:12 PM »
Interesting posts 1.

I would have assumed that guys like Jay and Ronnie would have 5-15 million before reading this thread.  Clearly these guys have made a lot more than a million dollars in their lifetime, but perhaps they haven't been able to keep a hold of it?  I guess I assume too much based on my own experiences.  My dad was able to accumulate at least 1-2 million dollars just on an average tech-industry salary (100k or so per year at the time of his retirement) and some smart investment choices (building his own house for 75k, which is now worth almost a million)... most of my friends' parents / families have similar stories and backgrounds, and they're all just "average people" to me... to think that these superstars of the bodybuilding world wouldn't even be able to make as much as the people I'm around on a daily basis is mind-boggling.

Cephis,

Rest assured in the fact that I could be dead wrong in my assumptions.  I know of mainly a handful of IFBB pros and their finances (Namely Victor Martinez and a few others in NYC).

Truth be told, maybe Ronnie and Jay managed to accumulate that kind of wealth, but I highly doubt it. 

MindSpin, who is extremely well-versed in ALL matters of this industry said it best..

If there are any, they did not make their millions from bodybuilding.  Hope that helps.

In my experience, the ones who had the MOST money did so from activities that were clearly unrelated to bodybuilding.

"1"

bike nut

• Getbig V
  • Desperation is a stinky cologne
« Reply #92 on: December 29, 2011, 05:22:07 PM »
List would have been 5 times as long if it would have been pro BBers who've lived in their car at one time in their "career".