Author Topic: Anyone here that is/been hooked on Xanax??  (Read 9164 times)

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
Re: Anyone here that is/been hooked on Xanax??
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2011, 04:54:02 PM »
why am i not suprised? Explains a lot.

Fuck off from wes you moron.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2011, 06:45:14 PM »
I`m a valium man myself.

Sorry to hear about your neighbor...........that sucks. 

Yeah, his parents are devastated, he was a good guy, he just became bored and became a pill popper, he should of just seeked help, he just need another hobby maybe,  he tried to quit cold turkey after years of taking 10-12mgs a day of the stuff, he overheated and his body seized up.

whitewidow

« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2011, 06:59:45 PM »
IM ON THEM FOR LIFE.XANAX WITHDRAWAL IS HORRIBLLE. WORSE THAN A OPIATE WITHDRAWAL. ALWAYS GO TO THE er WHEN YOU ARE LOW ON XANAX THEY WILL TAKE IT SERIOUS.YOU CAN SEIZURE EASY

dustin

« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2011, 07:30:41 PM »
IM ON THEM FOR LIFE.XANAX WITHDRAWAL IS HORRIBLLE. WORSE THAN A OPIATE WITHDRAWAL. ALWAYS GO TO THE er WHEN YOU ARE LOW ON XANAX THEY WILL TAKE IT SERIOUS.YOU CAN SEIZURE EASY

Holy shit, broski. I knew you had a bit of a chemical dependency, but that picture hits home. I've known people in the same boat and once you set sail, there's almost no turning back.

I went through SSRI withdrawal and that was pretty messed. Dad went through opiate withdrawal many times as well... it petrified me seeing a super strong ass man reduced to tears. After his heart stopped and EMTs brought him back from the clinical dead multiple times he finally got off the opiates. He "died" a couple times during that overdose too. Heroin and crack were his combination of choice. Lots of emotional pains and physical pains sent him spiralling out of control, but he's kicking ass know and begging to get a hormona cycle setup LOL

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2011, 08:12:35 PM »
I took alprazolam years ago. I didn't like how i felt on it. Quit it cold turkey after months on it. I spend 5 or 6 very harsh days with no sleep at old, cold sweats, taquicardia, i remember i was 107bpm resting in bed. Don't want to go back to it ever.
damn dude how many were you taking? you shouldnt have those types of problems taking 1 a day or every other day the way theyre meant to be taken.

whitewidow

« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2011, 09:06:12 PM »
Holy shit, broski. I knew you had a bit of a chemical dependency, but that picture hits home. I've known people in the same boat and once you set sail, there's almost no turning back.

I went through SSRI withdrawal and that was pretty messed. Dad went through opiate withdrawal many times as well... it petrified me seeing a super strong ass man reduced to tears. After his heart stopped and EMTs brought him back from the clinical dead multiple times he finally got off the opiates. He "died" a couple times during that overdose too. Heroin and crack were his combination of choice. Lots of emotional pains and physical pains sent him spiralling out of control, but he's kicking ass know and begging to get a hormona cycle setup LOL
[/qu

they tried prozac at first with me but I didnt have a depression problem it was anxiety . It really jacked up my blood pressure after 4weeks it was hypertension my BP was 171 over 110 and I wanted off bad and the doctor agreed he made me do bloodwork right away. They gave me prozac and ativan then when I had the hypertension and bad side and it just didnt work. xanax worked real well because I had used it before. he gave me klonopins for 6 months then finally gave me 180 xanax tablets 1mg now I get 360 1mg xanax tablets. 12mg a day. I dont use that much though. I get by with what I can. I always have left overs. I have played sports since a kid I am a qaudtrouple threat athlete
I played basketball,football, baseball and did track all in highschool and some of the sports in college. I lifted weights since the age of 13 but I started training and eating like a bodybuilder when I was 24yrs old. I looked like a bodybuilder when I was 18 and up but didnt know how to eat and train properly for bodybuilding and also did not use steroids till 24.  So I have alot of disc herniations is the issue and then I got hit by a drunk driver and that actually fractured my spine-T12 area. this is why I need the painkillers. 6 disc herniations and 1 fracture in my T12. I was real serious about bodybuilding when I was 24 years old. even at 21 I was told i could win a few local shows. I didnt want to compete at that point just worked out because i am vane. I worked with a nutritonist and owned a supplement shop when I was 24 the nutrionist owned the shop with me. anyway  a anxiety dissorder since I was young and had a hard upbringing and then all the disc problems. these are why I get the prescriptions. grew up in the city and seen some awful things. guys shot ,guys stabbed, pimps as neighbors.real pimps who wore 3 piece suits and top hat and gators pimped women and sold crack these are the people I grew up around-- seen alot of bad!

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2011, 09:32:47 PM »
why am i not suprised? Explains a lot.
Folloeing gods word to the T, i see.

You fucking c unt.
follow the arrows

dustin

« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2011, 09:47:41 PM »

[/quot

they tried prozac at first with me but I didnt have a depression problem it was anxiety . It really jacked up my blood pressure after 4weeks it was hypertension my BP was 171 over 110 and I wantted off bad and the doctor agreed he made me do bloodwork right away. They gave me prozac and ativan then when I had the hypertension and bad side and it just didnt work. xanax worked real well because I had used it before. he gave me klonopins for 6 months then finally gave me 180 xanax tablets 1mg now I get 360 1mg xanax tablets. 12mg a day. I dont use that much though. I get by with what I can. I always have left overs. I have played sports since a kid I am a qaudtrouple threat athlete
I played basketball,football, baseball and did track all in highschool and some of the sports in college. I lifted weights since the age of 13 but I started training and eating like a bodybuilder when I was 24yrs old. I looked like a bodybuilder when I was 18 and up but didnt know how to eat and train properly for bodybuilding and also did not use steroids till 24.  So I have alot of disc herniations is the issue and then I got hit by a drunk driver and that actually fractured my spine-T12 area. this is why I need the painkillers. 6 disc herniations and 1 fracture in my T12. I was real serious about bodybuilding when I was 24 years old. even at 21 I was told i could win a few local shows. I didnt want to compete at that point just worked out because i am vane. I worked with a nutritonist and owned a supplement shop when I was 24 the nutrionist owned the shop with me. anyway  a anxiety dissorder since I was young and had a hard upbringing and then all the disc problems. these are why I get the prescriptions. grew up in the city and seen some awful things. guys shot ,guys stabbed, pimps as neighbors.real pimps who wore 3 pice sits and top hates and gators pimped women and sold crack these are the people i grew up around-- seen alot of bad!

That's rough, man. I hope it gets better for you.

I can relate too to the messed up life experiences as well. When my Dad started going off the deep end I saw things including a murder and someone getting shot in the kneecaps and beat up over drug money. I thankfully never got too scarred by anything outside a bit of depression and anxiety because I had a life changing mushroom trip that completely rewired my ego and perception of the world. I would have started taking more antidepressants and anti-anxiety meds had I not had that glowing, mystical experience turn my life around.

I know you can't do too much for the physical pain of course, but have you every thought of using psychedelics to bring out and battle your demons? I used to overlook it and thought it was pretty hoky myself, but then I inadvertently had a crazy experience that pulled my ego out of my ass and sent it soaring across the cosmos. I visited plains of conciousness that I never even knew existed. I think I'm a much better, much more stable and functional person having  experienced that. I don't get the same bouts of depression and uncontrollable anxiety any more. Marijuana is also said to help, but I've been smoking it too much and too consistently to notice. I'm doing well mentally though, so I can't complain.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2011, 09:55:39 PM »
My neighbour 26 year old taking them for years died a few hours ago, poor guy..

His mother said he was taking 6-7 a day for years, but its when he tried to stop is when he went downhill.

RIP Peter!

I had a relative that was taking LOTS of different pain killers, Xanax, Vicodin, Oxycodone (whatever that is)....

I had another relative get arrested for possession, and the person in question finally stopped cold turkey (after breaking their leg, wrecking a car, etc...)

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2011, 10:25:36 PM »
Drugs are for weak people.

chess315

« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2011, 11:42:18 PM »
  I've drunk myself to treatment and the hospital several times. The common thinking is xanax is the most addict substance on the face of the earth if get addicted u cant sleep with out it so impossible to  quit. Withdraws cause seziures many times and can cause death. If your hooked on xanax the best thing is dont try to beat it check yourself in and get medicaly withdrawn if possible I have never seen a stone cold benzo addict quit. You see skinny women that look prego thats why xanax shuts down your nervous system and causes subconcious things to  quit such as digestion many times bezo addicts have to get stomch surgery because of this. xanax is one of the only thing that can kill a healthy person from withdraw I seen a young bodybuilder have a seziure from withdraw it was funny a big fat woman came and jumped on him.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2011, 12:47:49 AM »
His funeral is after the New Year 3rd Jan.
 The police had to come to his house to inspect his room, he had tablets like whitewidow does. he may have been popping 10-15 pills a day, he never had a job, his parents are well off, he just lazed around the house all day but he would always help out the oldies in our street, whether its mow there lawn or help them unload shopping, very kind, but very dependant on xanax.

he would need about 2 years to wean off what he was use too taking, he went cold turkey, i dont know why, he still had hundreds of pills left, he could of cut down. poor bastard..Poor Mum and dad.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2011, 12:53:28 AM »
You can have seizures and all kind of problems when you try to quit Benzos cold turkey. You need to go to a professional detox center.
Decent benzo detox takes a month..

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2011, 12:57:26 AM »
Knew a kid from school who died on his front porch while telling his brother on the phone he wasn't feeling good and another kid who took a nap in his car at a supermarket and never woke up.

Both were 19 or 20 years old. Dangerous stuff but that's life unfortunately.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2011, 12:59:11 AM »
Knew a kid from school who died on his front porch while telling his brother on the phone he wasn't feeling good and another kid who took a nap in his car at a supermarket and never woke up.

Both were 19 or 20 years old. Dangerous stuff but that's life unfortunately.

What was he on??

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2011, 01:03:17 AM »
You can't kill yourself with benzo's alone..

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2011, 01:08:27 AM »
What was he on??

The guy in the car was on OxyContin. I'm not sure about the kid on the porch but I heard he started coughing blood pretty violently while on the phone with his bro. Went into a seizure and was gone by the time his family and the ambulance could get there.

The sad part is his close group of friends continued to use well after that incident. You figure that would be the ultimate wake up call for them.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2011, 01:13:28 AM »
The guy in the car was on OxyContin. I'm not sure about the kid on the porch but I heard he started coughing blood pretty violently while on the phone with his bro. Went into a seizure and was gone by the time his family and the ambulance could get there. I don't know much about pills so I'm not sure what he took.

The sad part is his close group of friends continued to use well after that incident. You figure that would be the ultimate wake up call for them.

Not good at all, I feel for there parents, i feel for my neighbours, the parents were in hysterics earlier on, they probably had to take a xanax from his room to calm down.

I have seen to many people fuck there lives, careers from drugs/pills i just say no, if i cant sleep i drink warm milk, write down whats on my mind and im lights out, i sleep like a baby.

for all you guys here that depend on the pills i hope you guys one day get off it slowly and live a healthy life.

chess315

« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2011, 01:17:12 AM »
yes u can I have seen you guys have seziure fits from them after using the 2 weeks and stopping. foamin of the mouth everything what if u was driving while that happened.

csnut18

• Getbig III
« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2011, 01:20:31 AM »
I have taken halcion for along time straight and stopped cold turkey with no problems. The trick is to take the benzo once a day, at a recommended dosage. The people experiencing horrific withdrawals are those who take benzos, many times per day and end up taking alot per day. Someone who takes a small amount of xanax, one time per day, may have some withdrawal but it wont be too bad. I feel bad for the kid cause I know how bad anxiety is and how horrific a panic attack feels.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2011, 01:24:45 AM »
my neighbour pete took it cause he was bored, no anxiety, he lives a decent life, his parents set him up really well, i overheard his sister telling our other neighbour they estimate he was on "5 bars a day" whatever that means, i dont know how many mgs that equals but obviously its enough for the body to depend on it after 6 yrs.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2011, 01:34:46 AM »
my neighbour pete took it cause he was bored, no anxiety, he lives a decent life, his parents set him up really well, i overheard his sister telling our other neighbour they estimate he was on "5 bars a day" whatever that means, i dont know how many mgs that equals but obviously its enough for the body to depend on it after 6 yrs.

I took "half a bar" which is half a pill with a few beers once to experiment but I HATE that almost helpless state it puts you in when combined with alcohol. I just couldn't imagine living my life in an opiate induced haze. Just seems so depressing.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2011, 01:38:55 AM »
I took "half a bar" which is half a pill with a few beers once to experiment but I HATE that almost helpless state it puts you in when combined with alcohol. I just couldn't imagine living my life in an opiate induced haze. Just seems so depressing.

wow, i dont know if was taking em all at once or through out the day but  if half made you feel helpless, what would 5 bars do?

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2011, 01:47:16 AM »
yes u can I have seen you guys have seziure fits from them after using the 2 weeks and stopping. foamin of the mouth everything what if u was driving while that happened.
I meant you can't OD on benzo's alone..

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2011, 02:19:50 AM »

That is a fact. You can drink and combine them with alcohol and never wake up. Most of the people responding to this thread have absolutely no idea what they are talking about.

When you have an "episode" or a seizure it is more often than not b/c you have snorted the drug in very high doses ~ not only that. but you don't take another dose after the high.

Benzos like Alazropam require steady dosages of tolerable amounts - not to get high, but to stop anxiety, or possibly to put you to sleep (albeit NOT permanantly)

Benzos are too often used to bring people down after a stimulant rather than their intended use,  which is to temporarily halt G.A.D (Generalized Anxiety Disorder) ~ as a recreational drug, they are a "no no"

You are just asking for trouble. They are also highly addictive. If the dose is not too high and you are only using what the doctor has prescribed and taking it when you should, you should not experience the episodes/seizures or much in the way of withdrawal.

There is a rebound effect that comes from steady use. If you don't just take the drug "as needed" (which some folks can do) you find that you will have "fake" panic attacks that can easily be tolerated if you just don't take the drug.

Kids these days like to snort their oxy and take their Vics along with a Redbull and some alcohol (all night) and then they expect to be able to use Xanax as if it were nothing. Xanax serves a valuable purpose, its just not a good choice for recreational doping as it does not mix well in concotions. 

Valium will half a much longer half-life and leave you feeling groggy (even the next day) and is actually much more physically and mentally addicting.

Some solid folks would not have a life without Alazropam. Others would be well to keep their hands off of the stuff.

Taken as directed its fine and you don't need a methadone clinic to get off of it. Your dosage should never exceed more than a milligram and a half at one time. Anything more than that and you are probably looking to get high. Go smoke dope. Some people take Xanax just so they dont get anxiety from their weed. It's all about how you use it. It can either help you function daily as a *normal* human, or it can ruin your life (as can any drug or obsession)