Author Topic: Fox News Ratings Fall Off A Cliff In 2011  (Read 3338 times)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Fox News Ratings Fall Off A Cliff In 2011
« on: December 30, 2011, 09:18:27 AM »
n another example of the declining fortunes of the right-wing extremism propagated by conservative media and displayed so prominently by the GOP family of clowns competing for the Republican nomination for president, Nielsen has reported that the ratings for Fox News have taken a steep dive in 2011.

Of the three main cable news networks, Fox News is the only one that went down compared to their ratings in 2010. And a double-digit decline at that. FoxPods will, as usual, point out that Fox is still the top cable news network, but that is beside the point. Its audience is peeling away at a rapid rate and over time they will be unable to sustain their leading position. It is also important to put those numbers in context. While Fox is the #1 cable news network, they lag far behind the broadcast nets. In fact, the highest rated program on Fox (O'Reilly Factor) has about half the viewers of the lowest rated broadcast news program (CBS Evening news).

All three cable networks were impacted by extraordinary events that affected their ratings performance. CNN was helped by breaking news stories like the death of Osama Bin Laden and the Japanese earthquake/tsunami/nuclear crisis. Because CNN has the best developed network of international bureaus, viewers frequently turn to CNN for major breaking news events.

MSNBC was hurt by the loss of Keith Olbermann and numerous schedule shakeups, but still managed to land in positive territory. Fox, of course, lost a notorious personality in Glenn Beck, but that likely kept Fox from declining even more than they did. Beck's ratings were in free fall and dropped 37% between January and his sign-off in June. His replacement, "The Five," has held pretty steady since its debut.

The fall of Fox News is striking evidence of the shift in the nation's attitudes toward the ultra-conservative philosophy advanced by Fox and their brazenly biased facilitators. For Fox to be alone in decline in a year that includes a Republican-only primary campaign is a devastating indictment of the network and the propaganda tactics they employ.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC č un asino
Re: Fox News Ratings Fall Off A Cliff In 2011
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2011, 09:19:18 AM »
I think you watch/obsess over this channel more than anyone on this board combined.
Y

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2011, 09:21:51 AM »
i watch them all ,just like your darling palin,watch fox for the laughs  ;D

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2011, 09:26:19 AM »
Obsess much?

Of course he does. And the source of where he got this story didn't bother to point out that CNN and MSNBC have been firing people left and right, because their ratings have TANKED. How many times has MSNBC re-arranged the deck chairs on their Titanic, trying to compete with Fox? Parker/Spitzer...how did that train wreck go? (Hint, neither of them lasted a year. Parker quit; Spitzer got canned).

If the audience is "peeling away", where is it going? It sure ain't to MSNBC or CNN. Across the board, in ANY time slot, they continue to get pounded by Fox.

Look at the primetime numbers.

Wednesday December 28, courtesy of TVbythenumbers.com:

O'Reilly got over 2.1 million; Anderson Cooper....a pitiful 350,000; Ed Schultz.....841,000 (even worse than Lawrence O'Donnell).

Look at ratings across the board on cable news. Fox absolutely DESTROYS CNN and MSNBC combined. That's why Blacken has to resort to comparing a news network with a non-news network (i.e. Comedy Central, Jon Stewart's show in particular).

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2011, 09:28:53 AM »
i don't see defending shitty ratings by pointing at other companies that suck.

I mean, "Honey, I know I shot my load in 20 seconds... but 2 of my best friends shoot their loads in only 10 seconds" isn't exactly going to keep the chicken from telling the whole neighborhood that you can't hold your rocks.

this continual defense of your own shitty performance with "hey, the other guy sucks worse" is pathetic.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2011, 09:29:48 AM »
Of course he does. And the source of where he got this story didn't bother to point out that CNN and MSNBC have been firing people left and right, because their ratings have TANKED. How many times has MSNBC re-arranged the deck chairs on their Titanic, trying to compete with Fox? Parker/Spitzer...how did that train wreck go? (Hint, neither of them lasted a year. Parker quit; Spitzer got canned).

If the audience is "peeling away", where is it going? It sure ain't to MSNBC or CNN.

Look at the primetime numbers.

Wednesday December 28, courtesy of TVbythenumbers.com:

O'Reilly got over 2.1 million; Anderson Cooper....a pitiful 350,000; Ed Schultz.....841,000 (even worse than Lawrence O'Donnell).

Look at ratings across the board on cable news. Fox absolutely DESTROYS CNN and MSNBC combined. That's why Blacken has to resort to comparing a news network with a non-news network (i.e. Comedy Central, Jon Stewart's show in particular).

:'( :'( :'( your shiting on my fox news  :'( :'( :'( herman cain help me,ahh nevermind :D

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2011, 09:36:52 AM »
:'( :'( :'( your shiting on my fox news  :'( :'( :'( herman cain help me,ahh nevermind :D

i don't see defending shitty ratings by pointing at other companies that suck.

I mean, "Honey, I know I shot my load in 20 seconds... but 2 of my best friends shoot their loads in only 10 seconds" isn't exactly going to keep the chicken from telling the whole neighborhood that you can't hold your rocks.

this continual defense of your own shitty performance with "hey, the other guy sucks worse" is pathetic.

You missed the point by a country mile. Whatever the source of this foolishness that Blacken just pasted is acting as if Fox viewers are migrating to either of the other stepchild networks. That simply isn't the case.

Yapping about the decline of Fox, while boasting about the other networks, that continue to get DESTROYED and have been getting such for over a decade is laughable (so much for that "over time" stuff).

What Blacken can't quite grasp is that we're laughing at his pathetic and pitiful obsession with Fox.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2011, 09:43:21 AM »
i'm laughing because your a typ. fox viewer,thinks o'reilly is news  :D :D :D, but i forgot this is the same person that gets his news from hannity  :D as buchanan said the dumbing down of the repub party

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2011, 09:45:47 AM »
I think its safe to say that most people are going to other news sources for information and therefore all the major news networks have taken a hit. All this bickering back and forth on numbers from both sides is laughable.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2011, 09:51:06 AM »
Of the three main cable news networks, Fox News is the only one that went down compared to their ratings in 2010.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2011, 09:56:07 AM »
Of the three main cable news networks, Fox News is the only one that went down compared to their ratings in 2010.

is this true?

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2011, 09:57:26 AM »
i read it on fox :D :D :D  Yet Fox was alone among the cable news networks in losing viewers — down 8 percent in prime time and 5 percent for the full day, Nielsen said. The 2010 midterm election year was particularly engaging for Republicans, who make up a big part of Fox’s audience.

CNN was up 17 percent in prime-time viewership with a revamped lineup that includes a double dose of Anderson Cooper and Piers Morgan replacing Larry King. CNN is third behind Fox and MSNBC in prime time but second for the day as a whole.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2011, 10:00:36 AM »
i read it on fox :D :D :D  Yet Fox was alone among the cable news networks in losing viewers — down 8 percent in prime time and 5 percent for the full day, Nielsen said. The 2010 midterm election year was particularly engaging for Republicans, who make up a big part of Fox’s audience.

CNN was up 17 percent in prime-time viewership with a revamped lineup that includes a double dose of Anderson Cooper and Piers Morgan replacing Larry King. CNN is third behind Fox and MSNBC in prime time but second for the day as a whole.

Interesting. CNN is up in primetime but what about for the full day? On a personal note I think they all suck.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2011, 10:11:54 AM »

When you're as ROCK-BOTTOM as CNN has been, there's hardly anywhere to go but up.

But, don't take my word for it. Check TVbytheNumbers.com

Again, Anderson Cooper got a measley 847,000 to O'Reilly's 2.1 million this past Wednesday.

Piers Morgan is an absolute JOKE. He had ONE good showing (when he interviewed Oprah; he's been tanking ever since then).

Why do you think both CNN and MSNBC keep having a "revamped lineup", Blacken?

Answer: It's because Fox has been slapping the lips off their faces for OVER A DECADE.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2011, 10:17:07 AM »
so are you saying fox is not losing viewers

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2011, 12:40:19 PM »
Liberal douchbag...ahhahaahaha.. .He got this crap from a site called  http://www.newscorpse.com/ncWP/?p=6080.......hahahahaahahaah. Noooo they don't have an ax to grind. When that piece of shit you voted for gets his pink slip...please fucking leave the country.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2011, 12:43:34 PM »
hh6,

is the data incorrect, or your beef is just 'the source has an agenda'?

Cause it appears every news outlet has an agenda.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2011, 12:52:59 PM »
Dude.....average day. These are who they compete against end of story.

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/category/ratings

25-54 demographic (Live +SD)
 •Total day: FNC: 266 | MSNBC: 105 | CNN: 110 | HLN: 79
 • Primetime: FNC: 329 | MSNBC: 178 | CNN: 159 | HLN: 108

As usual, Fox News Channel was the top cable news channel in 2011,  and was the only cable newser to place in the top 10 list of cable channels in both primetime and total day.

FNC placed fourth in primetime, behind only cable stalwart USA, sports juggernaut ESPN and TNT. In total viewers FNC placed sixth, behind Nickelodeon, USA, Nick at Nite, Adult Swim and TNT.

MSNBC placed 28th in primetime and 30th in total day, while CNN placed 29th in primetime and 27th in total day.

L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2011, 12:56:16 PM »
If msnbc and cnn are stable, and fox is dropping... that's bad.

It's like losing half your wealth in the market, but celebrating because you're still richer than the guy next door.

not good trends.  particularly in a time where GOP fervor is falling too... when it should be rising.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2011, 01:00:34 PM »
Are you serious....they're killing the next closest competition....spin all you want. Is GOP fevor falling....they're going to take the Senate as well this year. Man, put down the Obama crack pipe.....no mention of how Barry is back at 41% approval according to Gallup is there, nope. Pick a friggen bandwagon and stay there, I can't keep up.
L

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2011, 01:02:07 PM »
lol @ this thread.   :)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2011, 01:04:18 PM »
240 basically took the talking points of a wack job website and spit them back at me.....fail. Any particular reason blackass did'nt link the site? Hmmmmmmmmmm DOUCHBAGO!!!!!!!! ::)
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2011, 01:06:09 PM »
my point is that no millionaire would lose 1/2 his wealth then spend the day bragging he's still worth 500k.

CNN and MSNBC are broke asses... They're supposed to suck.

A millinoaire losing half his wealth and standing on skid row laughing from his Kia Sorrento is sad.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2011, 01:08:40 PM »
Yep...your right. Except Fox is doing fine. I'm done...we put this to bed with the other Fox news thread started by Blacken...not sure why he felt compelled to start another one.
L