Author Topic: Romney's son a Birther?  (Read 3222 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Romney's son a Birther?
« on: December 30, 2011, 10:16:12 AM »
Romney's Son Makes Birther Joke, Asks For Obama's Grades
"He has not said that he will not do it. And he's also not said that he will," Matt Romney said about his father releasing his tax returns. "I don't know the answer to that."

"I'm not sure he knows the answer to that, but he'll do everything that he needs to. He's certainly not afraid of anything. He's not hiding anything," the younger Romney said at a campaign event in Concord, NH.

"I heard someone suggest the other day that as soon as President Obama releases his grades and his birth certificate -- then maybe he'd do it," he said.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/12/30/romneys_son_makes_birther_joke_asks_for_obamas_grades.html

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Romney's son a Birther?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2011, 10:18:52 AM »
i bet they're telling jr to shut his mouth ;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2011, 10:19:27 AM »

I'm still a birther

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2011, 10:21:43 AM »
oh come on your so sensable ;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2011, 10:26:11 AM »
oh come on your so sensable ;D

Did you buy one of these? 

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2011, 10:29:29 AM »
i have the shot glasses ;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2011, 10:31:08 AM »

I actually saw a dude in the gym with a "2012" hat.  A real metro sexual GQ type and guido.   We tore in to him like no other.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2011, 11:08:14 AM »

yep.  that's the last thing they need.

LMFAO

Hey, when the hell is trump going to endorse someone?  waiting until the polls close to say "I knew it all along..."

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2011, 11:26:44 AM »
yep.  that's the last thing they need.

LMFAO

Hey, when the hell is trump going to endorse someone?  waiting until the polls close to say "I knew it all along..."

romney is hitting the right notes lately - trashing obama on his gaudy, chinese financed, vacation, the birther stuff, etc.   

All he needs to do is call maobama out of fanst and furious and eric holders' treason and he will rise higher.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2011, 01:31:59 PM »
Mitt Romney’s Son Matt Makes Major Gaffe on Campaign Trail
New York Daily News ^ | December 30, 2011 | Nina Mandell

Posted on Friday, December 30, 2011 4:18:01 PM by lbryce

Matt Romney may not want to count on inheriting his dad's millions.

Mitt Romney's son stole a bit of the news cycle on Friday after he joked to a group of seniors in New Hampshire that his dad would release his tax records when President Obama released his birth certificate.

"He has not said that he will not do it, he has also not said that he will. I think it's a matter of time until that issue comes up because I think everybody has to get a chance to do that. And so I don't know the answer to that, I'm not sure if he knows the answer to that. But he'll do everything that he needs to," Matt Romney said, according to Patch.com.

"He's certainly not afraid of anything, not hiding anything — you know, I heard someone suggest the other day that as soon as Obama releases his grades and birth certificate and sort of a long list of things, then maybe he'd do it. That was just a —"

Then, Matt's brother Tagg quickly cut in to say, "That was not my dad saying that."

Matt quickly backtracked saying, "No, no no, that was just a suggestion."

The slip is an especially embarrassing one for the Romney campaign, which has tried to stay above the conspiracy theories in the party that the President was not born in the United States.

The President released a copy of his full-form birth certificate this year after needling about the issue from Donald Trump and other outspoken conservatives.

Romney, as have most mainstream Republicans, has never questioned if the President was born in the United States.

Last week he said he wasn’t sure he was going to release his tax forms.

(Excerpt) Read more at nydailynews.com ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Screw that - these liberal communist pofs need to go to hell. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2011, 01:41:57 PM »
lllllllllllllllllllmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmfffffff ffffffffaaaaaaaaaaaaaaao oooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They tried selling the mug off of this like i said! ! ! ! !

FUCKING FAILBAMA!!!!!

________________________ ________________________ __

Obama team exploits Romney team's birther gaffe
By Stephanie Condon Topics Campaign 2012 .31 Comments
Have Your Say Email Story
Send to a FriendShare ThisTell Your FriendsTweet ThisTweet ThisMoreShare It. Del.icio.usFacebookStumb leuponNewsvineYahoo bookmarksMixxDiggRedditG oogle BookmarksTwitterLinkedIn Obama 2012 mug making fun of "birther" issue
(Credit: store.barackobama.com) After Mitt Romney's son made a "birther" joke on the campaign trail, he quickly apologized and downplayed the taboo remarks. President Obama's re-election team, however, is keeping the moment alive and hoping to earn a few bucks off of it.

At an event in New Hampshire today, Romney's adult son Matt Romney responded to a question regarding the potential release of his father's tax returns with a joke alluding to doubts about Mr. Obama's place of birth: "I heard someone suggest the other day that as soon as Obama releases his grades and birth certificate and sort of a long list of things, then maybe he'd do it," he said.

Romney's other son, Tagg Romney, jumped in to say, "That was not my dad saying that."

Matt Romney subsequently released his first-ever tweet in response to reports about his comments: "I repeated a dumb joke. My bad. RT @emilyrs Romney's son Matt made an Obama birth certificate joke on the trail in NH."

The Romney campaign in all likelihood would like to avoid wading into conspiracy theories that could chip away at the perception that Romney is a serious candidate, but Mr. Obama's re-election campaign is already exploiting the gaffe.

In an email to supporters today about the joke, Obama for America campaign manager Jim Messina wrote, "This is how the Romney campaign thinks it's going to win the Republican primary: by pandering to the dead-ender fringe of extremists who still question where the president was born."

While asking for a donation, Messina said, "we can drive up the cost of this kind of politics... when they do this, you've got to do something about it."

The email was sent under the subject line, "Donald Trump or Mitt Romney?" in reference to Trump's persistent questions about Mr. Obama's origins, which ultimately prompted the president to release his long-form birth certificate from Hawaii.

The Obama team also tweeted about the gaffe, sending its Twitter followers a link to mugs the re-election campaign is selling that poke fun at the birther issue.

The Obama team and the Democratic party have kept their aim on Romney throughout the primary season, even as other Republican presidential candidates surged in the polls. Now that he is leading in both Iowa and New Hampshire polls, it appears more likely than ever that Romney could indeed be Mr. Obama's 2012 opponent -- and Democrats are, of course, still hammering him.

The Democratic National Committee on Thursday released a web video slamming Romney for refusing to release his tax returns.

"What is Mitt Romney hiding?" the video asks.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-57350334-503544/obama-team-exploits-romney-teams-birther-gaffe

/

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2011, 01:44:23 PM »
well, it does bring attention to the FACT that today, mitt said he won't release his financials as president, as all otehr presidents do.

you can't shit on obama for a lack of transparency, then do it yourself.  Obama did that, and never hears the end of it.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2011, 01:45:57 PM »
Team Romney doesn't want to release his financial records - but they do wish to attack obama for a birth certificate that's already been released?

oh shit, this does look bad.  Even Ron Paul won't tough the birther issue - but team mitt seems to be on the trump mode now. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2011, 01:47:57 PM »
well, it does bring attention to the FACT that today, mitt said he won't release his financials as president, as all otehr presidents do.

you can't shit on obama for a lack of transparency, then do it yourself.  Obama did that, and never hears the end of it.

False douche!!!! 

You can't attack Mittens when you defended obama sealing all his records! 

I think both should release everything, but I am glad the birther issue is getting some paly again.   

I guess i am now a Birther, Bagger, and a Birtcher

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2011, 01:49:56 PM »
LMFAO

of course, i'm a birther, myself... and this is probably a small gaffe... BUT...

It's still a gaffe, 4 days before a close election.  His peers are going to jump all over it.  Comments like that are accidental but honest in nature.  He didn't just accidentally blurt out something he didn't believe ;)

Mitt Romeny's son is obviously a birther.  And in a week where RPaul is getting scorched beacuse of what his supporters believe, being a birther ain't smart...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2011, 01:53:57 PM »
LMFAO

of course, i'm a birther, myself... and this is probably a small gaffe... BUT...

It's still a gaffe, 4 days before a close election.  His peers are going to jump all over it.  Comments like that are accidental but honest in nature.  He didn't just accidentally blurt out something he didn't believe ;)

Mitt Romeny's son is obviously a birther.  And in a week where RPaul is getting scorched beacuse of what his supporters believe, being a birther ain't smart...

I'm still an open birther

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2011, 01:55:49 PM »

me too.  I believe our entire nation's economy, attitude, and standing in the world would improve greatly with more transparency in govt.

Giving the people honest answers on BC, 911, and a lot of other things would do a lot for that.

Still, politically, this might be a big news story on Monday morning.... "Is Mitt a birther" 3 times becomes "that birther mitt"...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2011, 01:57:52 PM »
Still one of his best to date. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2011, 05:46:44 PM »
Free Republic
Browse · Search   Pings · Mail   News/Activism
Topics · Post Article
Skip to comments.

Romney son jokes about Obama's birth certificate
Associated Press via San Francisco Chronicle / SFGate.com ^ | Friday, December 30, 2011 | Associated Press Staff
Posted on December 30, 2011 7:43:51 PM EST by thecodont

(12-30) 14:50 PST Des Moines, Iowa (AP) --

One of Mitt Romney's sons has an answer for those who say his father should release his tax returns. He jokes that President Barack Obama should go first and release his birth certificate and other records.

Matt Romney's wisecrack came before an audience in New Hampshire on Friday. In response on Twitter, the Obama campaign tweeted, in part, "Guess he doesn't have one of our mugs?"

The Obama campaign sells mugs with a picture of Obama's birth certificate.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2011/12/30/national/a143042S39.DTL#ixzz1i4GCXr4X

(Excerpt) Read more at sfgate.com ...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2011, 05:52:48 PM »
DNC Vice-Chair, the mayor of Minneapolis: Mitt Romney Needs To Repudiate His Son’s Birther Remarks

IOWA — R.T. Rybak, the mayor of Minneapolis and a vice chair of the Democratic National Committee, says Mitt Romney needs to personally and publicly rebuke the birther joke his son Matt made Friday in New Hampshire.

“Mitt Romney has never had the guts to stand up when one of his surrogates has said something wrong, even his own son,” Rybak told TPM on Friday evening. “He doesn’t have the guts to stand up when someone says something that outrageously wrong.”

“It’s a bad joke that the Romneys think they can repeat a lie to distract from his failure to be honest about his income,” he told TPM . . .

“I think this is another example of Romney, or in this case the Romneys, saying anything they can to try and win a vote because they can’t win by simply saying what they’re for,” he said.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2011, 06:04:51 PM »
I think mitt planned this to get all the attention on him from all the right enemies to get conservatives behind him.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2011, 07:55:56 PM »
I think mitt planned this to get all the attention on him from all the right enemies to get conservatives behind him.

wouldnt doubt it.

its funny to see all these little tricks come out at the last minute.

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2011, 08:11:12 PM »
doesnt matter.... Mitt won the GOP nomination already as soon as Wall St backed him

2012 election is over already, time to focus on 2016

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2011, 09:22:59 PM »

your total lack of shame is awesome and hilarious

240 is Back

• Getbig V