Author Topic: UFC 141 - My Prediction For Overeem Vs Brock.  (Read 44895 times)

Swede!

• Getbig IV
  • www.letskillsometime.com Direct link in signature
Re: My Prediction For Overeem Vs Brock.
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2011, 11:13:34 AM »
that worked well against Cain.

Overeem by TKO first round. Knee to the face.

ehhh    Yes it did... Didn't secure the position on the ground though so cain got up. I doubt overeem will get back up. And that was a Crazy rush. Brock has gotten Everyone he has Ever faced down.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2011, 11:14:02 AM »
Btw , it's MMA anything can happen

And that is why we love it.
A

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2011, 11:18:58 AM »
ehhh    Yes it did... Didn't secure the position on the ground though so cain got up. I doubt overeem will get back up. And that was a Crazy rush. Brock has gotten Everyone he has Ever faced down.
wasn't a crazy rush

+Overeem is really good at defending takedowns and is bigger and stronger than Cain.

chess315

« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2011, 11:25:45 AM »
wasn't a crazy rush

+Overeem is really good at defending takedowns and is bigger and stronger than Cain.
  Cain is also a  very accomplished wrestler overeems not near as good on the ground as his submissons wins suggest more of a matter or a big strong guy imposing his will on rattler smaller oponents. If your a decent fighter you can rack up a lot of victories just by being more powerful and athletic then your opposition.

Swede!

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2011, 11:26:41 AM »
wasn't a crazy rush

My bad. I thought the rush got him down. Oh well he got him down at least. I would say cain is better at defending Td's then Overeem is. Should be at least. Overeem is good at it though no doubt. The match is really all about one thing, Can Overeem stop the TD or not. Might stuffone or two but Lesnar will keep at it.

apply85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2011, 11:27:21 AM »
  Cain is also a  very accomplished wrestler overeems not near as good on the ground as his submissons wins suggest more of a matter or a big strong guy imposing his will on rattler smaller oponents. If your a decent fighter you can rack up a lot of victories just by being more powerful and athletic then your opposition.

what the fuck you talking about

overeem is much better on the ground than brock

Swede!

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2011, 11:29:10 AM »
what the fuck you talking about

overeem is much better on the ground than brock

Wouldnt be so sure on the "much" part. Awesome wrestler and has now trained with comprido for many years.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2011, 11:32:20 AM »
My bad. I thought the rush got him down. Oh well he got him down at least. I would say cain is better at defending Td's then Overeem is. Should be at least. Overeem is good at it though no doubt. The match is really all about one thing, Can Overeem stop the TD or not. Might stuffone or two but Lesnar will keep at it.

An additional question is how Overeem will react to the take down power of Lesnar.  I am not sure he has ever faced someone has strong Lesnar.   Lesnar is a high level wrestler but also extremely strong who can compensate for poor technique with raw power. Lesnar's problem is that his striking is no where near Overeems level and Overeems trainers know this.  If Overeem can keep the distance and stuff the take downs he has a good chance of winning.  I hope that Lesnar doesn't take the easy route to victory and lay on Overeem for the entirety of the fight.  I also hope the ref has the balls to stand them up if that happens.
A

breakmore

• Getbig III
Re: UFC 141 - My Prediction For Overeem Vs Brock.
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2011, 11:36:30 AM »
Awesome really can't wait for this fight. :)

Dr.Ill

• Getbig II
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2011, 11:39:12 AM »
From my stand point, Brock may be same weight, but after a section of colon being removed, your physiology is completely affected.  I am not sold that his nasty power he had built up can ever return and def not this quick as he learns how is body responds to certain meds and his nutritional make up all together.  I just do not believe he will be same nasty power he was when he started in UFC.  JMHO  We will see. ;)

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2011, 11:40:22 AM »
This is a fight of opportunity.  Both guys have the tools to beat the other.  The winner will be the one who capitalizes on the opportunities to utilize on those tools effectively.  

Bingo.

Whoever gets off first on their game plan wins.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2011, 11:51:27 AM »
Dr Phill has a point, Brock is coming off a serious surgery and long layoff, Overeem is healthy and no such issues.

Overeem should take this fight....but anything can happen and honestly I'm rooting for Lesnar based on the sole fact so many people hate him. ;D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Swede!

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2011, 11:52:19 AM »
Wouldnt be so sure on the "much" part. Awesome wrestler and has now trained with comprido for many years.

I should add to this, Brock with his wrestling And bjj can neautralize someone who's Supposed and Is a better grappler. WHich is what I think is going to happen if brock gets him down.

apply85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2011, 11:54:31 AM »
lol, you guys still dont get what is the difference between an actual good fighter and a guy who fights. overeem will embarrass lesnar, it wont be close

Swede!

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2011, 11:55:13 AM »
Dr Phill has a point, Brock is coming off a serious surgery and long layoff, Overeem is healthy and no such issues.

Overeem should take this fight....but anything can happen and honestly I'm rooting for Lesnar based on the sole fact so many people hate him. ;D

Or it just makes him more motivated now that he claims to be healthy for the first time in a long time. (might be bs who knows)

I think a read some doctor commenting on how the surgery brock had can cause the gastank to go to shit. people dont usually come back to whateer sport they're doing after that. Didnt bother actually reading a lot of it though so probably just bs. Trainer claims his cardio is better. But trainers can claim a lot.

Getbig will know before I do who won. and that sucks lol.

Dr.Ill

• Getbig II
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2011, 11:55:27 AM »

Dang bro, low blow, but this is getbig, right?   ;D

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2011, 11:58:23 AM »
While we're all throwing around "what if's".... What if Overeem takes down Brock? How will Brock do with Overeem in his guard?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Swede!

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2011, 12:00:22 PM »
While we're all throwing around "what if's".... What if Overeem takes down Brock? How will Brock do with Overeem in his guard?

but lets say a fan throws in a banana and brock slips on it and falls on his back, overeem wouldn't go to the ground either way..
The only way that can happen is it alistar lands something Big and brock goes down, Then overeem will follow and try and finish, and if he cant he will stand again

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2011, 12:03:24 PM »
Can't see shit on my phone Swede, describe it in vivid detail....I have my lotion and a handy wipe ready!!!
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Swede!

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2011, 12:04:11 PM »
Can't see shit on my phone Swede, describe it in vivid detail....I have my lotion and a handy wipe ready!!!

aston kutcher laughing gif from that 70's show  :-\

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2011, 12:05:11 PM »
Go watch Uberhypes fight with Werdum.  He did very little. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Brock actually connects with those long monkey arms he's got. 

Brock wins this one.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2011, 12:05:50 PM »
Go on.......

*fap fap fap*
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2011, 12:05:59 PM »
aston kutcher laughing gif from that 70's show  :-\
good enough for chaos

smoothasf

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2011, 12:14:53 PM »
Alistair flew home to see his mum. He told her "hey mum I won already"

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2011, 12:15:29 PM »
No matter who loses, we win as well as Dana.