Author Topic: UFC 141 - Brock Lesner: That was terrible  (Read 33498 times)

LATS

• Getbig IV
Re: UFC 141 - Brock Lesner: That was terrible
« Reply #75 on: December 31, 2011, 08:39:27 PM »
 brock did not try to bull rush him because overeem did not give him a chance.. watch the fight and see how low he got when approaching brock.. cant get to his waist at all..

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
Re: Lesnar fanboys look really stupid now
« Reply #76 on: December 31, 2011, 08:59:40 PM »
No one said Kimbo was a great fighter - he wasnt. But he had the fighter attitude.
Brock does not have it. It doesnt show up when theyre winning. It shows when theyre hurt, in trouble, behind. Thats when you see someone who is a fighter, a real fighter.
You make a good analogy with the bully comment. Brock is a bully, not a fighter, and he got exposed as such. As soon as he had some competition, as soon as he took a hit, he ran, gave up, didnt want to do it anymore. You try pointing to his bullrushing through his early fights, duh, against cans and people who can barely walk, let alone fight. (Yes I realize im exaggerating)

As much as I like your a lot of your posts dude, the fact is Lesnar is the biggest fraud in UFC history IMHO, he's the Kovacs of MMA, all hype, no substance.
Yeah, he won the title, against a bunch of people either half brocks size, twice his age, or both. As soon as he got tested, he folded. Fight after fight he embarassed himself, he embarassed the people he beat to win the title, and everyone who showed faith in him with pathetic performances proving he doesnt want to fight, he just wants to dominate, and if he cant dominate he doesnt want to play. Thats a fucking bully, not a fighter. Sorry to burst your bubble.

This is the absolute truth.  Brock may have had a better run if he had been exposed to striking much earlier but we will never know now that he has retired.  

In a way you can place a little of the blame on the UFC for expecting to much to soon.  The UFC wanted to squeeze as much PPV money out of him as they could out of his name recognition.  Worst of all they believed their own hype.  Rushing Lesnar toward the title was actually the wrong thing to do marketing wise.

Let Lesnar run through a few love level fighters before he gets a shot at the title.  This approach would have benefited both Lesnar and the UFC.   Lesnar would have gained more octagon experience and the UFC could have really taken the time build/hyped his image and sell more PPVS.  Now no one win...except Overoids

On the flip side, because of his ego; bully Lesnar probably wouldn't have agree to fight his way to the title like most fighters have to anyway, so that might just be a moot point.
A

TRIX

• Getbig IV
  • If you mess with me I'll have to fuck you up
« Reply #77 on: December 31, 2011, 09:03:11 PM »
Look you limp dick ####, my PC is slow right now(virus maybe) and barely streams youtube. A live stream locks it up within 10 seconds.

System restore? Download a better antivirus? Malwarebytes? Rootkit finder? Factory reset? Backup your shit

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #78 on: December 31, 2011, 09:16:39 PM »
 brock just does NOT like to get hit.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: December 31, 2011, 09:20:31 PM »

Show me a person other than your mom that likes to get hit .

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #80 on: December 31, 2011, 09:20:36 PM »
There's two winner's here. Lesner and Dana White. Everyone else is a loser. How much money did these two guys make of off Lesners short career? The plan worked perfectly. Everyone bought into it and are now disappointed. I'm not gonna waste another second of my time watching that nonsense. Congradulations with Brocks success crossing over from wrestling to mma. The guy did it and got paid in full cha ching$$$$$

They could have multiply their profits many times over if they had stretched out his career just a little. Even before his disease he could have fought cans several times a year without much of a gap between fights.  Fights against less qualified competition means less training time before and between fights and less likelihood of injury.   Hell,  giving him a couple tune up fights upon his latest return would have doubled their profits.
A

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #81 on: December 31, 2011, 09:22:00 PM »
 JDS and Nog will box and bang...brock just quits...

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #82 on: December 31, 2011, 09:27:37 PM »

No one likes to be hit but they don't panic, and that is the problem here.  Brock panics when hit and when you panic you lose focus and confidence. Mounting a defense/offense becomes nearly impossible when your mind is absorbed with the thought of being hit and experiencing pain.
A

suckmymuscle

Re: Lesner:That was terrible
« Reply #83 on: December 31, 2011, 10:29:06 PM »
really   Your gonna play a race card.  I guess with only two guys on the planet doing anything worth talking about, ie overroads and Obama   I guess you gotta grab a ride on their coat tails whenever possible

The black posters of this board(Wiggs, Benny B, Goodrum, etc) are completely obessed with race. They see everything as a race war. It is sad. Both Overeem and Lesnar are millionaires and probably went out for a beer after this fight, but the race-obsessed morons don't get this joke.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Marshdogg

• Getbig II
  • You look like a bag of smashed anuses. Backsmash!
« Reply #84 on: December 31, 2011, 11:04:55 PM »
well the JIG is up. there are only four noticeable blacks doing anything worth while in sport - Jon Bones Jones, Overeem, (lol) Phil Heath and that joke of a girl who fell down to one of the Klitchskos.

Still, I like Jones. He's a fighter with substance.

Fuck the race card off - I get it that it's hard being black in a white mans, but it wouldn't be so hard if you stopped hating on whitey. Half of those fuckers are billionares and the other half are poor fucking white trash.

indie-lad

• Getbig IV
Re: Lesnar fanboys look really stupid now
« Reply #85 on: January 01, 2012, 02:04:22 AM »
No one said Kimbo was a great fighter - he wasnt. But he had the fighter attitude.
Brock does not have it. It doesnt show up when theyre winning. It shows when theyre hurt, in trouble, behind. Thats when you see someone who is a fighter, a real fighter.
You make a good analogy with the bully comment. Brock is a bully, not a fighter, and he got exposed as such. As soon as he had some competition, as soon as he took a hit, he ran, gave up, didnt want to do it anymore. You try pointing to his bullrushing through his early fights, duh, against cans and people who can barely walk, let alone fight. (Yes I realize im exaggerating)

As much as I like your a lot of your posts dude, the fact is Lesnar is the biggest fraud in UFC history IMHO, he's the Kovacs of MMA, all hype, no substance.
Yeah, he won the title, against a bunch of people either half brocks size, twice his age, or both. As soon as he got tested, he folded. Fight after fight he embarassed himself, he embarassed the people he beat to win the title, and everyone who showed faith in him with pathetic performances proving he doesnt want to fight, he just wants to dominate, and if he cant dominate he doesnt want to play. Thats a fucking bully, not a fighter. Sorry to burst your bubble.

This all day long...

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: January 01, 2012, 02:10:16 AM »
you have to learn to take hits in order to compete in combat sports

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: January 01, 2012, 03:59:16 AM »

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #88 on: January 01, 2012, 04:03:59 AM »

Thats a old shot of Reggy or is it Ron? they were old-school hard though and though.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #89 on: January 01, 2012, 04:08:27 AM »
  The black posters of this board(Wiggs, Benny B, Goodrum, etc) are completely obessed with race. They see everything as a race war. It is sad. Both Overeem and Lesnar are millionaires and probably went out for a beer after this fight, but the race-obsessed morons don't get this joke.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Wiggs just jokes around, Benno is lowlife racist.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #90 on: January 01, 2012, 04:42:56 AM »
What it comes down to is this..... In the last 2 big UFC heavyweight bouts: Velasquez vs Dos Santos and Lesnar vs Overeem. The wrestler tried to box against the boxer/kickboxer and it simply didnt work.

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: January 01, 2012, 04:47:56 AM »
Thats a old shot of Reggy or is it Ron? they were old-school hard though and though.

Ronnie, his old boxing trainer said he knew he was a psychopath cos he used to smile when people hit him and the more you did it the more he liked it.

axestream

• Getbig IV
« Reply #92 on: January 01, 2012, 04:57:20 AM »

:D

:D :D

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #93 on: January 01, 2012, 05:02:37 AM »

:D

:D :D

immediately after the kick Lesnar looked ok... But 2 seconds later; the kicks effect set it and you could see that it hurt him. It was like a delayed effect. Why does that happen?

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #94 on: January 01, 2012, 05:07:19 AM »
Wiggs just jokes around, Benno is lowlife racist.
X2
Wiggs is a good guy, benny is just an ignorant ni@@er

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #95 on: January 01, 2012, 05:19:57 AM »
immediately after the kick Lesnar looked ok... But 2 seconds later; the kicks effect set it and you could see that it hurt him. It was like a delayed effect. Why does that happen?
Yip if you dont Check the rib, outside and inside thigh kicks you are not going to last long, that shot there was a clean shin into the ab/rib section from a powerful muay thai Guy with alot of standup history behind him, checking is something that is foreign to guys without a History in Standup/muay thai, no matter how "big" and strong you are i see alot of the new guys @ the hall we are @ come in with a Boxing history behind them Really good hands and so on hard, fast punch's etc, then they want to test themselves against the other boyz and start to sparr with the Muay Thai boyz and they ALWAYS throw there arms down as a Protective "Shield" when they get kicked to the outside/inside thigh and the Rib kicks and the other guys SHIN BONE slams into the ARM with ease, just last week one of them had his Arm broken doing just that...you dont check those kicks bringing your knee up and out to the side you will go down sooner....Rather than later.

Rampage

• Getbig IV
« Reply #96 on: January 01, 2012, 05:28:36 AM »
all you guys aint asking the right questions....

Where will Sable go now that the gravy train has stopped ?  ;D

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #97 on: January 01, 2012, 05:45:43 AM »
all you guys aint asking the right questions....

Where will Sable go now that the gravy train has stopped ?  ;D

sable is the one that wanted Brock to retire! They are so rich is crazy. Brock made $8 million in 2010 from fighting in the UFC. God knows how much he made in 2008 & 2009

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #98 on: January 01, 2012, 07:30:39 AM »
Adrenaline, takes the body a couple seconds to process and feel the pain due to the adrenalin running through the body when fighting.
I got clocked square in the eye really hard when I was boxing with friends as a teenager (enough to knock me down), I stood up, got my hands back up and about 3 seconds later my whole world starting spinning in my head and I couldnt stand up straight.

It was really strange.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #99 on: January 01, 2012, 07:58:40 AM »
Adrenaline, takes the body a couple seconds to process and feel the pain due to the adrenalin running through the body when fighting.
I got clocked square in the eye really hard when I was boxing with friends as a teenager (enough to knock me down), I stood up, got my hands back up and about 3 seconds later my whole world starting spinning in my head and I couldnt stand up straight.

It was really strange.

Good response. Thank you