Author Topic: UFC 141 - the Overeem era is here!!!  (Read 16538 times)

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
  • HAIL SATAN. I'm a bad ass...You're just an ass.
Re: UFC 141 - the Overeem era is here!!!
« Reply #100 on: January 09, 2012, 09:14:57 PM »
just as many times as he put Belfort in hospital.. 2 times... ;D ;D
and all the top guys in that era in pride middleweight were brazilian....
so if you lost , changes are it was a brazilian you lost to...
and anyway.. that was then.... today he is another fighter... fighter evolve you know...

Did Overeem really put Vitor on the hospital?

Like this?

Oh yes nice evolution. :D

Gracie Rules

suckmymuscle

« Reply #101 on: January 09, 2012, 09:18:46 PM »
  It will be so funny when Overeem tries to kick JDS, and the latter moves to the side and then clips Uberroids with a right overhand to his ear and he goes to sleep. I will bump this thread when this happens to see all the black racists in this board melt down.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #102 on: January 09, 2012, 09:44:30 PM »
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ojdIBmQf3ms/TuQmJfBdnwI/AAAAAAAAGrg/QN2zG4PF6-8/s1600/2.gif

Werdum almost did this to Overeem...he got the tap and the win...but no break...

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #103 on: January 09, 2012, 09:57:45 PM »
  It will be so funny when Overeem tries to kick JDS, and the latter moves to the side and then clips Uberroids with a right overhand to his ear and he goes to sleep. I will bump this thread when this happens to see all the black racists in this board melt down.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

I agree, Junior is gonna load up his right hand, perfectly time it and drop Reem on his ass.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #104 on: January 09, 2012, 10:46:21 PM »
I agree, Junior is gonna load up his right hand, perfectly time it and drop Reem on his ass.

What people don't understand is what a technical boxer JDS is. He is the only guy not only in the HW division but in all of MMA to have professional level boxing. He could go toe to toe against a professional heavyweight boxer in a pure boxing match. He might lose, but he wouldn't be embarassed like pretty much every MMA fighter would. He also has excellent foot movement and clinching skills, which means that Overeem will have a hard time using his kness against him.

People who think that Overeem will walk all over JDS are delusional and here is why: this is boxer vs kickboxer, and a great boxer beats a great kickboxer 9 out of 10 times. Why? Because humans cannot use their legs and knees as effectively to strike as the fists. We don't use our legs to touch and handle things for a reason. We have much better dexterity with our arms than with our legs. The only people who can use their legs for fighting with any effectiveness at all are extremely athletic guys like Anderson Silva and Jon Jones, and Overeem simply doesen't do with his legs the crazy things Anderson and Jones do.

My prediction: JDS will evade Overeem's clinch with his excellent foot movement, and use that same excellent movement to pick Overeem apart in the stand-up, jumping out from his kicks and finding openings in Overeem's guard and connect. Overeem will either get KOd or TKOd.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #105 on: January 10, 2012, 01:27:02 AM »
  What people don't understand is what a technical boxer JDS is. He is the only guy not only in the HW division but in all of MMA to have professional level boxing. He could go toe to toe against a professional heavyweight boxer in a pure boxing match. He might lose, but he wouldn't be embarassed like pretty much every MMA fighter would. He also has excellent foot movement and clinching skills, which means that Overeem will have a hard time using his kness against him.

People who think that Overeem will walk all over JDS are delusional and here is why: this is boxer vs kickboxer, and a great boxer beats a great kickboxer 9 out of 10 times. Why? Because humans cannot use their legs and knees as effectively to strike as the fists. We don't use our legs to touch and handle things for a reason. We have much better dexterity with our arms than with our legs. The only people who can use their legs for fighting with any effectiveness at all are extremely athletic guys like Anderson Silva and Jon Jones, and Overeem simply doesen't do with his legs the crazy things Anderson and Jones do.

My prediction: JDS will evade Overeem's clinch with his excellent foot movement, and use that same excellent movement to pick Overeem apart in the stand-up, jumping out from his kicks and finding openings in Overeem's guard and connect. Overeem will either get KOd or TKOd.

SUCKMYMUSCLE
Who have we really see JDS fight?  An overrated Cain? An overrated Carwin?  I will be impressed if he gets passed Overeem, but would not be surprised if he gets KTFO.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #106 on: January 10, 2012, 01:43:19 AM »
Fighter with great pedigree!

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: January 10, 2012, 01:51:55 AM »
Chuck Zito could beat all these cage fighters in a real non sanctioned street brawl that included motorcycle chains, whips and broken beer bottles.

That's why it's all bullshit to me.

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: January 10, 2012, 02:07:19 AM »

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Thats exactly how i see it happening too, cant wait.

axestream

• Getbig IV
« Reply #109 on: January 10, 2012, 02:33:15 AM »

SUCKMYMUSCLE

He couldn't even knock out this fat fuck and you people think he's going to KO Overeem?

suckmymuscle

« Reply #110 on: January 10, 2012, 03:57:32 AM »
He couldn't even knock out this fat fuck and you people think he's going to KO Overeem?

Are you seriously comparing Big Country's chin with Overeem's? Overeem got knocked out many times such as by Chuck Liddel. How many times has Nelson been knocked out? I rest my case.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

axestream

• Getbig IV
« Reply #111 on: January 10, 2012, 04:36:31 AM »
  Are you seriously comparing Big Country's chin with Overeem's? Overeem got knocked out many times such as by Chuck Liddel. How many times has Nelson been knocked out? I rest my case.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Reading your posts I always think you're kidding, so I didn't bother writing a serious response. I wonder what your excuse will be when Overeem beats JDS. Idiots like you always have an excuse.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #112 on: January 10, 2012, 04:37:41 AM »
I think Dos Santos will land one of his huge upper cuts on Overeem.

When will JDS be able to fight?? Those knee injuries can take up to 6 months of rehab

THEBOSS

• Getbig IV
  • Another day of being huge
« Reply #113 on: January 10, 2012, 05:00:29 AM »

SUCKMYMUSCLE
   You sir are correct . Kicking in fact is only effective if you"re oponent has terrible boxing skills .  ;)

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #114 on: January 10, 2012, 07:54:19 AM »

SUCKMYMUSCLE

People are thinking Junior just swings for the fences and gets the lucky punch when thats not the case, hes a very accurate and patient puncher with excellent timing and great footwork and lateral movement. I can't really see anyone beating him but I wouldn't be surprised if Alistair was the one to give him his first loss in the UFC.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: January 10, 2012, 01:49:45 PM »
Hmm .. so Dos Santos is a great striker. I am sure he would fare very well in K1  ::)

Alistair MURDERED the best strikers .. plus in K1 they changed the rules so he could not grab hold and knee anymore. In UFC he loves it. Mediocre strikers and he is allowed to hold and knee. You all underestimate Overeem. He takes punces very well and hits the hardest. Plus his knees are ridiculous.

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #116 on: January 10, 2012, 01:55:02 PM »
Alistair finished tyrone sponge, gokhan saki and Peter aerts in one night, he will destroy jds. I like jds but overeem is where its at now in heavyweight mma

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: January 10, 2012, 01:58:22 PM »
Alistair finished tyrone sponge, gokhan saki and Peter aerts in one night, he will destroy jds. I like jds but overeem is where its at now in heavyweight mma
Finally someone with common sense

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
  • HAIL SATAN. I'm a bad ass...You're just an ass.
« Reply #118 on: January 10, 2012, 02:03:02 PM »
Hmm .. so Dos Santos is a great striker. I am sure he would fare very well in K1  ::)

Alistair MURDERED the best strikers .. plus in K1 they changed the rules so he could not grab hold and knee anymore. In UFC he loves it. Mediocre strikers and he is allowed to hold and knee. You all underestimate Overeem. He takes punces very well and hits the hardest. Plus his knees are ridiculous.

There's this thing called Brazilian Jiu-jitsu..it is a pain in the ass... have you heard about it?

If the fight goes to the ground? ;)
Gracie Rules

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: January 10, 2012, 02:57:29 PM »
  What people don't understand is what a technical boxer JDS is. He is the only guy not only in the HW division but in all of MMA to have professional level boxing. He could go toe to toe against a professional heavyweight boxer in a pure boxing match. things Anderson and Jones do.

JDS has very good hands for MMA  but boxing  and MMA are two completely different sports ,  in boxing JDS would be an amateur or a D level PRO.

I think JDS is going to beat Overeem .

smoothasf

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #120 on: January 10, 2012, 03:01:52 PM »
Overeem will make all the heavyweights look like amatures.  Bump that. Every dick always hating on the good fighters.

A Professional

• Getbig IV
« Reply #121 on: January 10, 2012, 03:17:57 PM »
Ray Mercer lost both times he competed against kickboxers. Granted he was a former heavyweight champ well beyond his prime, but the guys he fought were low to middle tier. Overseen is tier A kickboxer and JDS is a bottom tier boxer. I see this fight as 50/50

OptimusPrime1980

• Getbig IV
  • FODA SE! ;)
« Reply #122 on: January 10, 2012, 03:31:52 PM »

SUCKMYMUSCLE
a great boxer always beats a great kickboxer??? yeah only on boxing rules, so kickboxers can't use their legs lol!!
have you ever watched k1...??? have you seen how boxers did???? lol....
Be Happy,
Optimus

OptimusPrime1980

• Getbig IV
  • FODA SE! ;)
« Reply #123 on: January 10, 2012, 03:38:33 PM »
There's this thing called Brazilian Jiu-jitsu..it is a pain in the ass... have you heard about it?

If the fight goes to the ground? ;)
overeem adcc european champ.... grappler! and a very good one!
jds?????? not an bjj expert at all! lol.. overeem will kill him on the ground...
and he will kill him in the stand up.....
Be Happy,
Optimus

Rhomboids

• Getbig III
« Reply #124 on: January 10, 2012, 05:10:30 PM »

SUCKMYMUSCLE

You must be new to mma or have a mild case of down syndrome.  A professional kickboxer will destroy a boxer every time.  In terms of striking, Boxing is first, then Kickboxing, and mma is at the bottom.  Alistair isn't the best technical striker, but better than any other other heavyweight, though we have to wait for the JDS fight to see who comes on top. 

I don't know if you've watched any K-1, but there have been pro boxers in K-1 and they haven't faired very well.  When they start getting kicked everything changes.  The cute little footwork goes to shit after a couple of proper K-1, Bonjasky-style mule kicks to the thighs.  Nevermind a head kick.  I've seen JDS make a lot of mistakes leaving himself open in standup exchanges.  Overeem, needless to say, is stronger and probably hits as hard as Carwin, if not harder seeing as he is more techical. 

Regardless of what happens, this is going to be a hell of a fight.  Junior probably has a better chin than Overeem since he's never been k'od, but Overeem has the power advantage.  If in doubt, while JDS couldn't knock out Big Country, Overeem put down Ben Edwards (look it up to know what this is a valid comparison) three times from three punches in one round.