Author Topic: Sleep Number Bed - Anyone Have One?  (Read 757 times)

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
  • Ugly, bald Shitso scalp for sale = $1
Sleep Number Bed - Anyone Have One?
« on: December 30, 2011, 11:23:02 PM »
I'm looking at getting a Sleep Number bed. I have back/neck issues from injuries a few years ago and I've been told a Sleep Number bed might help with some of those problems. I am looking at the "King" size.

http://www.sleepnumber.com/eng/products/sleep-number-beds/performance-series/p7/p7_sleep_number_bed?p7

Do any of you jet-setting Getbiggers have a Sleep Number bed? What model of bed did you pick and why? How much did it cost you? Did you also purchase the Sleep Number pillows and bedding?

And yes, I know, before we get started:
You did my mom on one
GFY
One in each room
One in your Lear jet
blah, blah, blah,

che

• Getbig V
Re: Sleep Number Bed - Anyone Have One?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2011, 11:26:47 PM »
I threw mine away and  I bought a memory foam ,I like it better.

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2011, 11:27:00 PM »
I'm looking at getting a Sleep Number bed. I have back/neck issues from injuries a few years ago and I've been told a Sleep Number bed might help with some of those problems. I am looking at the "King" size.

http://www.sleepnumber.com/eng/products/sleep-number-beds/performance-series/p7/p7_sleep_number_bed?p7

Do any of you jet-setting Getbiggers have a Sleep Number bed? What model of bed did you pick and why? How much did it cost you? Did you also purchase the Sleep Number pillows and bedding?

You did my mom on one
GFY
One in each room
One in your Lear jet
blah, blah, blah,

never heard of it. i'm sure you could buy a lot better, if not for the same money, then a lot cheaper.

expense doesn't always mean better.

aesthetics

• Getbig IV
  • ~lil' cutey~
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2011, 11:29:06 PM »

what kind did you get? those temperpedic ones are ridiculously priced - they cost as much as a used car.

i really need to get some type of better bed though, my shoulder has been hurting me to the point of not being able to turn on a light switch or put on a shirt and it's mostly due to being unable to sleep well at night.

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2011, 11:32:39 PM »

Like the Tempurpedic mattress? I was told those were very hot to sleep on and retained a lot of heat. I live in Phoenix (Scottsdale), so I'm a little worried about a mattress that doesn't sleep "cool".

Which Sleep Number bed did you own?

FlexGuns

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2011, 11:34:13 PM »

You did my mom on one
GFY
One in each room
One in your Lear jet
blah, blah, blah,

I think the sleepnumber bed had some mold issues awhile back, you may want to look into that. Good luck!

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2011, 11:34:19 PM »
never heard of it. i'm sure you could buy a lot better, if not for the same money, then a lot cheaper.

expense doesn't always mean better.

Started out thinking that way, but after years of sleeping 3-4 hrs a night and waking up exhausted, cost has become secondary to a good night's rest. I don't want to wake up with back pain anymore.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2011, 11:35:59 PM »
what kind did you get? those temperpedic ones are ridiculously priced - they cost as much as a used car.

i really need to get some type of better bed though, my shoulder has been hurting me to the point of not being able to turn on a light switch or put on a shirt and it's mostly due to being unable to sleep well at night.

I bought just the topper , http://www.amazon.com/Sensus-Elastic-Mattress-Overlay-Standard/dp/B000HX3G9C

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2011, 11:44:30 PM »
I bought just the topper , http://www.amazon.com/Sensus-Elastic-Mattress-Overlay-Standard/dp/B000HX3G9C

Che...looks promising.

When you move, or get up at night, does the bed move so much it wakes up your wife (or gf?)?

Is that type of "topper" warm to sleep on in the summer?

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2011, 11:47:37 PM »
Started out thinking that way, but after years of sleeping 3-4 hrs a night and waking up exhausted, cost has become secondary to a good night's rest. I don't want to wake up with back pain anymore.

well to be fair to you ! there's no price that is to much for a good nights sleep. i've been having sleep/bed related problems myself recently. i just think that for $2k, you realluy want the very best that money can buy. i'm not convinced by memory foam. it seems like a fad to me. much like fucking dyson hoovers. way overpriced for what they do.

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2011, 11:51:55 PM »
well to be fair to you ! there's no price that is to much for a good nights sleep. i've been having sleep/bed related problems myself recently. i just think that for $2k, you realluy want the very best that money can buy. i'm not convinced by memory foam. it seems like a fad to me. much like fucking dyson hoovers. way overpriced for what they do.

Oh I agree, but if I spend $2,000 (for the sake of discussion) and get 15 years of good sleep - I'd be very happy with the purchase.

My job doesn't really allow me to be sleep deprived, or so sore that I can't move.

I have had some shoulder surgeries, and lower back pain, that are really catching up to me as I get older.  ;D

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2011, 11:57:15 PM »
maybe this might help in your choosing?

http://www.johnlewis.com/Magazine/Feature.aspx?Id=9

i'm afraid that when it comes to buying new beds. a lot of research and a lot of lying down and testing of mattresses  is called for  :-\