Author Topic: Ads and 30-Minute Special Will Promote Gingrich  (Read 3542 times)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
Ads and 30-Minute Special Will Promote Gingrich
« on: December 31, 2011, 08:36:10 AM »
Everything surrounding this guy is a joke. Why anyone would still consider him is beyond me. Newsmax was supposed to hold the Trump debate. Their obvious bias is a good reason why no one showed as the debate would have been a circus show.

10:03 p.m. | Updated DES MOINES — His cash-short campaign unable to buy much advertising of its own, Newt Gingrich’s well -financed allies are coming to his rescue in Iowa, securing large chunks of airtime across the state.

Newsmax, the conservative magazine and Web site, will show a 30-minute special on Mr. Gingrich throughout the weekend in all of Iowa’s major television markets. The program is hosted by Michael Reagan, son of the former president, and makes the case that Mr. Gingrich is the strongest candidate to carry forward Ronald Reagan’s legacy.

“Millions of dollars in negative ads have been spent against him,” Mr. Reagan says. “But let’s discuss the real Newt Gingrich.” Soft music then starts to play and the camera cuts to a black and white photograph of Mr. Gingrich as a boy.

A second major player in conservative circles, Liberty University, the evangelical institution founded by Jerry Falwell, is also giving Mr. Gingrich some help in Iowa, running 30-second commercials in which Mr. Gingrich extols the virtues of a Liberty education.

Neither video explicitly endorses Mr. Gingrich as the Republican nominee, but their pro-Gingrich messages raise a host of election law questions and highlight how loopholes in the law allow politically motivated groups to influence the outcome of elections. Liberty, a nonprofit, tax-exempt organization, is prohibited by law from participating in campaign activities on behalf of any candidate. Newsmax, a corporate entity, is also limited in its political activities but is now much freer to get involved since the 2010 Citizens United Supreme Court case.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Ads and 30-Minute Special Will Promote Gingrich
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2011, 11:36:18 AM »
so the company that was going to feature him in trump's debate.... now runs a special on how awesome he is?  LOL

what a silly thing. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2011, 11:38:12 AM »
Perhaps people are still considering him because, despite his personal baggage, he's the most qualified man in the race. 

howardroark

• Getbig IV
  • Resident Objectivist & Autodidact
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2011, 11:40:44 AM »
Perhaps people are still considering him because, despite his personal baggage, he's the most qualified man in the race. 

Most qualified after being given the boot in the 90s? I think not.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2011, 11:44:04 AM »

Jerry Fallwell and Newt can take a flying leap.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2011, 11:46:06 AM »
Most qualified after being given the boot in the 90s? I think not.

Yes.  Getting the boot doesn't really have anything to do with his educational background, his work history, his incredible run in the early 90s, and the fact he knows how to make the government work. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2011, 11:46:49 AM »
Jerry Fallwell and Newt can take a flying leap.

Jerry Falwell died four years ago. ::)

howardroark

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2011, 11:48:33 AM »
Yes.  Getting the boot doesn't really have anything to do with his educational background, his work history, his incredible run in the early 90s, and the fact he knows how to make the government work. 

He knows how to make government work? His temper tantrum shutdown the government over nothing and he compromised real spending cuts.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2011, 11:49:38 AM »
He knows how to make government work? His temper tantrum shutdown the government over nothing and he compromised real spending cuts.

Him leading one of the most impressive takeovers of Congress was just a little more impressive. 

howardroark

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2011, 11:55:44 AM »
Him leading one of the most impressive takeovers of Congress was just a little more impressive. 

And what about his massive failure in '96?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2011, 11:58:19 AM »
And what about his massive failure in '96?

What about it?  Does that mean he didn't earn a Phd?  That he didn't work as a college professor?  That he didn't come up with "Contract With America," which turned out to be brilliant move?  That he didn't lead a massacre in the House in 94?  That he didn't distinguish himself as the most qualified man on the stage during pretty much every debate in this cycle? 

howardroark

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2011, 12:02:12 PM »
Does that mean he didn't earn a Phd?  That he didn't work as a college professor?

By those standards, you should vote for the Constitutional law professor, President Barack Hussein Obama.

That he didn't come up with "Contract With America," which turned out to be brilliant move?

The "Contract With America," which essentially squelched the demands of the Republican freshmen and failed to institute real change.

That he didn't lead a massacre in the House in 94?

And then he lost what? 8 or 9 seats in '96?

That he didn't distinguish himself as the most qualified man on the stage during pretty much every debate in this cycle? 

Which he definitely has not. Every time he has been attacked on Fannie/Freddie or his campaign problems, he attacks everyone and proclaims the attack a "cheap shot." Like that'll fly with the electorate.

P.S.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2011, 12:06:41 PM »

By those standards, you should vote for the Constitutional law professor, President Barack Hussein Obama.

The "Contract With America," which essentially squelched the demands of the Republican freshmen and failed to institute real change.

And then he lost what? 8 or 9 seats in '96?

Which he definitely has not. Every time he has been attacked on Fannie/Freddie or his campaign problems, he attacks everyone and proclaims the attack a "cheap shot." Like that'll fly with the electorate.

P.S.

B. Hussein is incompetent.  He was an adjunct.  That was never his day job.  Newt was a full-time professor for eight years. 

The Contract With America was brilliant.  You can argue with the results all you want, but it worked.

So he lost 8 or 9 seats?  lol  Who cares?  You're really missing the point. 

Newt was horrible on the Feddie Mac issue.  Does that mean he didn't outperform everyone on stage in every other debate?  Good grief . . . .

howardroark

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2011, 12:10:06 PM »
The thing is he did NOT outperform the other candidates. He is a good speaker, I'll give you that. But you can't outspeak or outdebate the facts: numerous ethical violations, being kicked out as Speaker, shutting down government over a temper tantrum, squelching the demands for real change from the then Republican freshmen, lobbying for a government organization that most Republicans want to see abolished.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2011, 12:17:06 PM »
B. Hussein is incompetent.  He was an adjunct.  That was never his day job.  Newt was a full-time professor for eight years. 

The Contract With America was brilliant.  You can argue with the results all you want, but it worked.

So he lost 8 or 9 seats?  lol  Who cares?  You're really missing the point. 

Newt was horrible on the Feddie Mac issue.  Does that mean he didn't outperform everyone on stage in every other debate?  Good grief . . . .

Yes, extremely intelligent.  And I recommend his books because he has a lot of great ideas.  That said, he also carries a lot of baggage.

...a lot of baggage, lol.

howardroark

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2011, 12:18:36 PM »
Gingrich is a smart guy, I'll give him that. But I think of him as an evil genius of sorts.  :P

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2011, 12:22:07 PM »
The thing is he did NOT outperform the other candidates. He is a good speaker, I'll give you that. But you can't outspeak or outdebate the facts: numerous ethical violations, being kicked out as Speaker, shutting down government over a temper tantrum, squelching the demands for real change from the then Republican freshmen, lobbying for a government organization that most Republicans want to see abolished.

None of those issues came up during the debates, so they were not "facts."  On the issues that were discussed (economy, national security, etc.) he was clearly better than everyone on stage, with the possible exception of Romney in some instances. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2011, 12:23:52 PM »

Yes, extremely intelligent.  And I recommend his books because he has a lot of great ideas.  That said, he also carries a lot of baggage.

...a lot of baggage, lol.

Agree.  I actually don't think he should be president.  Certainly doesn't deserve it. 

But look at the danger we face with a potential lame duck Obama as president.   :-\

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2011, 12:35:05 PM »

i have to agree with you there.  Newt and perry have the most govt experience, mitt has the most tota experience with business

Although - if you count being the chinese finance guy + governor, huntsmann ain't so bad himself.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2011, 12:54:13 PM »
i have to agree with you there.  Newt and perry have the most govt experience, mitt has the most tota experience with business

Although - if you count being the chinese finance guy + governor, huntsmann ain't so bad himself.

That's kinda the double-edged sword though.  You want enough government experience to be able to get shit done in DC.....but, not enough to be a political insider.

lol, I'm not sure such a candidate exists.  I was hoping Cain was along those lines, but he's fallen pretty hard, IMO.