Author Topic: Mike Francois Was A Better Bodybuilder Than Nasser  (Read 80387 times)

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
Re: Mike Francois Was A Better Bodybuilder Than Nasser
« Reply #175 on: January 05, 2012, 01:42:39 AM »
Francois never showed his true potential, he couldve probably competed at 260

Would always be outsized by a larger nasser, taller, larger individual,

But a ripped 250-260 lbs vs 280 prime nasser , I would personally edge francois

yes i agree with you this imaginary creature could beat nasser and dorian and ronnie ::)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #176 on: January 05, 2012, 01:48:36 AM »
it's funny that when we were saying nasser was better than dorian from the front the same way dorian was better than him from the back the parrot was saying that we didnt know how contests were judged and it was not as simple as back vs. front but here you see him saying nasser was better from the front but mike was better from the back :-X.. at least try ti make some sense!!..

Nasser comes close to Dorian in one front shot and that's the ab-thigh depending on the year he beat Dorian in the front double biceps ( but again if we're talking about at their career bests and not contest placings Dorian beats Nasser in any and every pose ) and gets destroyed from the front , sides , back , upside down , rightside up

Nasser in no way dominates Dorian from the front like Dorian dominated him because if that were the case then using Bobs ' logic ' many guys beat Nasser from the back but he beat them ' overall ' so it would have been easy for Nasser to beat Dorian then because according to team delusional he easily beats Dorian from the side too  ::) and why then did Nasser never come close? and this road leads us back to politics and excuses

Fact Nasser wasn't as good as you people pretend , even Dorian at his worse beat him easily  ;) Dorian at his best forget about it  8)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #177 on: January 05, 2012, 01:51:41 AM »
lol but pound for pound ray was not small at all.. anyway forget about ray.. so you think anyone with no weak points can beat anyone with weak points??.. so why do you think ronnie was always beating jay although at his best jay had no clear weak points while ronnie has many??.. or i will make it related to mike again,.. do you think mike's version of AC 95 which is according to you flawless could beat dorian at mr. olympia 95 although dorian had one clear weak part (his torn bicep)??..

you know nothing in bb to say this really!!.. it's always the overall package kid!!..

Which is exactly why Nasser could never beat Dorian  ;)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #178 on: January 05, 2012, 01:54:50 AM »
Exactly, ND does have his biases and his favourite bb's just like most others but he tries to act as though he does not. 

I don't act like anything , I do have my favorites but I can separate them from what would win. I like Flex more than Ronnie but I'm not stupid enough to claim he should have beat him in 98  ;) I can separate what I prefer from what wins , the same can't be said about Team Nasser who thinks he actually won 3 Mr Olympia titles HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA HAHA

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #179 on: January 05, 2012, 02:07:50 AM »
How do you know he never showed his true potential?  ???

Here we have several fans saying his best was the 95 AC, which makes his career sound like a typical bodybuilder life-cycle - he improved from his first pro show, peaked at the 95 AC, and from there did not reproduce the same form again, finally (was it in 97?) he got sick and called it quits.  If he went downhill from the 95 AC, why do you believe he still had more unseen potential?
His lower body still overpowered his upper, guy was making improvements still, and he was out shape in shows susequent to 95

Yes, its all ifs, but just like nasser discovered slin and synthol, so could mike

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #180 on: January 05, 2012, 02:09:16 AM »
Because Mike is closer to Nasser than , Levrone , Flex and Dorian were all of these guys were eons better than Nasser

I just like reminding Nasser fanboys that he was NOT anywhere near as good as they pretend he was. I didn't avoid anything I already said Mike outclasses Nasser from the back with ease , from the front Nasser stands a chance from the sides it would be hard to tell unless they were side-by-side

who you give these 2 side poses??.. and they are very fair comparisons.. in 94 NOC both were still before their peak and in 97 san jose both presented some thing close to their best.. by the way in 97 AC/san jose mike presented one of his best versions,.. he was big and conditioned so no excuse here.. he was not as conditioned as in AC 95 because here he was about 20 pounds heavier and this explains well that his best condition was when he was lighter and so most probably was not going to surpass his AC 95 version..

i dont think mike sickness started before this show!!..

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #181 on: January 05, 2012, 02:12:20 AM »
yes i agree with you this imaginary creature could beat nasser and dorian and ronnie ::)

nasser made massive gains with slin and oil, who wouldve guessed the original nasser pro rookie would be entering shows at 280lbs, when people thought he was pretty big back then already?

While we're all speculating, its possible mike couldve improved his upper body and while he may not have beaten dorian, he couldve been top 3 or 4

Or maybe he wouldve hit palumboism who knows

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #182 on: January 05, 2012, 02:14:53 AM »
who you give these 2 side poses??.. and they are very fair comparisons.. in 94 NOC both were still before their peak and in 97 san jose both presented some thing close to their best.. by the way in 97 AC/san jose mike presented one of his best versions,.. he was big and conditioned so no excuse here.. he was not as conditioned as in AC 95 because here he was about 20 pounds heavier and this explains well that his best condition was when he was lighter and so most probably was not going to surpass his AC 95 version..

based on those pics, francois

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #183 on: January 05, 2012, 02:16:37 AM »
based on those pics, francois

great.. after tried your ass plz try again with your eyes now.. thank you :-X

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #184 on: January 05, 2012, 02:30:49 AM »
nasser made massive gains with slin and oil, who wouldve guessed the original nasser pro rookie would be entering shows at 280lbs, when people thought he was pretty big back then already?

While we're all speculating, its possible mike couldve improved his upper body and while he may not have beaten dorian, he couldve been top 3 or 4

Or maybe he wouldve hit palumboism who knows

francois in 95 AC was 240 pounds in a VERY excellent condition.. i dont think he could ever present any better condition than this.. so to imagine a better francois is to imagine him at the same condition of 95 AC but bigger.. but his following contests showed clearly that when he tried to increase his mass he couldnt present the same condition so it's more logical to think his AC 95 shape was his full potential..

imo same as nasser whose best ever for me was NOC 95 at 260 pound.. he looked impressive at +280 pounds but not as conditioned as at 260 pounds.. so nasser at his best condition was 20 pounds heavier than mike's best condition and when both added weight to their physiques the same 20 pounds were still there between them as nasser was competing at 280 pounds and mike at 260!!..

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #185 on: January 05, 2012, 03:04:58 AM »
He would destroy Phil Heath.

THE BEEF

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #186 on: January 05, 2012, 04:48:28 AM »
He would destroy Phil Heath.

THE BEEF

and this would destroy phil and mike 8)

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #187 on: January 05, 2012, 05:01:36 AM »
great.. after tried your ass plz try again with your eyes now.. thank you :-X
lol

Sherief,

Bbing is subjective

To you and bigbobs nasser is what bbing is all about evidently

Others have their own preferences (no homo)

Nasser beats francois on his contest record, but that doesn't make him better IMO

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #188 on: January 05, 2012, 09:09:44 AM »
lol

Sherief,

Bbing is subjective

To you and bigbobs nasser is what bbing is all about evidently

Others have their own preferences (no homo)

Nasser beats francois on his contest record, but that doesn't make him better IMO

Okay what does Francois beat Nasser on then which makes him better in your opinion?  ::)

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #189 on: January 05, 2012, 09:52:07 AM »
Okay what does Francois beat Nasser on then which makes him better in your opinion?  ::)

I don't know, because I never saw a prime francois vs nasser, since francois retired early due to illness

What I do know is nasser has a better contest record, but IMO, he's not better, since I prefer francois physique

Head-to-head from what we saw, I think nasser beats him on the front relaxed and fdb, otherwise I personally feel francois has the rest. Especially the back

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #190 on: January 05, 2012, 10:52:46 AM »
I don't know, because I never saw a prime francois vs nasser, since francois retired early due to illness

What I do know is nasser has a better contest record, but IMO, he's not better, since I prefer francois physique

Head-to-head from what we saw, I think nasser beats him on the front relaxed and fdb, otherwise I personally feel francois has the rest. Especially the back

I find it unlikely that Francois would have producd something better than before even if he were to not get ill because fans are saying his best was AC 95 which I believe was a good two years before his illness, so he had two years to produce something better but did, despite competing in several shows during those two years.

It's rare for any two bodybuidlers' absolute best showing of their career to both be in the same show at the same time, doesn't mean it's difficutl to tell who is better between the two.  During the 96/97 shows that Nasser and Francois competed in together neither were totally off, both were close enough to their best showings, but Francois' physique faded in comparison to Nasser's, judges agreed too.

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #191 on: January 05, 2012, 11:05:57 AM »
Francois is similar to Clairmonte, Munzer, Pastel, etc.  They all looked incredible when you look back from today, but they didn't always place that well.  Nasser did place well, but I think most people prefer the look of some of those other guys he beat.   

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #192 on: January 05, 2012, 11:33:45 AM »
It's rare for any two bodybuidlers' absolute best showing of their career to both be in the same show at the same time, doesn't mean it's difficutl to tell who is better between the two.  During the 96/97 shows that Nasser and Francois competed in together neither were totally off, both were close enough to their best showings, but Francois' physique faded in comparison to Nasser's, judges agreed too.
agree nasser beat him fair and square, like you said, we'll never know, some will speculate he was on the way down, others that he would improve.

In a feature when he came out with the collitis revelation for having retired, he did say in MMI that he had been struggling with it for a while, not knowing what it was yet, so that could be a factor hindering his condition on stage

Either way, I prefered his physique, and he still felt like a new guy, a rookie with potential. Shit, back then, I didn't think nasser could get bigger, nor ronnie, who knows maybe francois couldve improved too

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #193 on: January 05, 2012, 12:08:14 PM »
agree nasser beat him fair and square, like you said, we'll never know, some will speculate he was on the way down, others that he would improve.

In a feature when he came out with the collitis revelation for having retired, he did say in MMI that he had been struggling with it for a while, not knowing what it was yet, so that could be a factor hindering his condition on stage

Either way, I prefered his physique, and he still felt like a new guy, a rookie with potential. Shit, back then, I didn't think nasser could get bigger, nor ronnie, who knows maybe francois couldve improved too

Nasser also had a few medical setbacks during his career but continued competing on (he describes them in his bb.com interviews) - we can similarly speculate "what would have happened had Nasser not had any setbacks, maybe he could have gained another 20 lbs and been harder, etc) but we don't, therefore I don't understand why there's so much speculation and "what if's" surrounding Francois only.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #194 on: January 05, 2012, 12:09:14 PM »
He reminds of me Dennis James.  Looks like Mr. O by himself, looks like an also-ran next to the top contenders on stage.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #195 on: January 05, 2012, 12:20:57 PM »
Nasser also had a few medical setbacks during his career but continued competing on (he describes them in his bb.com interviews) - we can similarly speculate "what would have happened had Nasser not had any setbacks, maybe he could have gained another 20 lbs and been harder, etc) but we don't, therefore I don't understand why there's so much speculation and "what if's" surrounding Francois only.
what did he have besides the delt cysts?

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
  • President Barack Obama -- 2 Term U.S. President
« Reply #196 on: January 05, 2012, 12:55:11 PM »

Better back and quads.

All around balanced and conditioned physique at 240 lbs.  Nasser didn't have a balanced physique and his conditioning was so-so.

Bodybuilders in that height range tend to look their best 240-260:

Yates 257
Coleman 246
Haney 250

Nasser looked decent at the '94 NOC, but when he added another 20 or so pounds he became watery and lost his detail.  With all that added weight he still couldn't build a decent back.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #197 on: January 05, 2012, 01:21:51 PM »
Better back and quads.

What crack are you smoking?  Nasser's quads were much better than Francois' - at both the lower and higher bodyweights

Only one bodypart Francois had over Nasser is back.  You're also wrong on the "overall conditioning" part, also apparent in the above pics.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #198 on: January 05, 2012, 02:12:46 PM »

They look pretty close and the pics aren't really that great , if I had watched the video it would be easier to form a better opinion.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #199 on: January 05, 2012, 02:15:08 PM »
and this would destroy phil and mike 8)

LMFAO I hope you're joking that Nasser would beat Phil Heath? and that version of Mike maybe Nasser would beat but he isn't even a pro and looks comparable