Author Topic: 911 Tells Mom 'Do What You Have To Do', she shoots intruder  (Read 4126 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
911 Tells Mom 'Do What You Have To Do', she shoots intruder
« on: January 04, 2012, 10:04:22 AM »
It's good to see her protect herself and family - but you have to wonder - Why did it take police 21 minutes to arrive?  She was on the phone with 911 for 21 minutes before the guy finally broke in. 

A teenaged mother shot and killed an intruder after a 911 operator said she was allowed to defend her infant son and herself with force.

Sarah McKinley, 18, killed Justin Martin with a single gunshot wound on New Year's Eve when he forced his way into her Blanchard, Okla. home and came at her with a long hunting knife, ABC News reports.

The deadly encounter occurred about a week after the young mom's husband died of cancer, according to TV station KOCO. Martin darkened McKinley's door on the day of her husband's funeral. several days before the shooting He claimed he was a neighbor who wanted to say hello, but she didn't open the door.

Martin returned with an accomplice on Dec. 31 and tried to force their way into the modest house. When McKinley heard the men trying to break in, she called 911.

She also holed up in her bedroom with a 12-gauge shotgun and a pistol while she put a bottle in her three-month-old son's mouth.

"I've got two guns in my hand -- is it okay to shoot him if he comes in this door?" McKinley asked the operator.

"I can't tell you that you can do that but you do what you have to do to protect your baby," the dispatcher told McKinley after she asked a second time. The call went on for 21 minutes as the men powered their way into McKinley's house.

Eventually, Martin kicked in the door and charged at her with a knife, but she shot before he could injure her.

At one point, McKinley asked the operator if it was OK to fire her weapon at the intruder.

I can't tell you to do that," the operator said, "but you do what you have to do to protect your baby."

Police found Martin slumped over a couch McKinley used to barricade the door and pronounced him dead on the scene, TV station News 9 reports. They said McKinley's use of forced was justified.

Martin's alleged accomplice, Dustin Stewart fled when he heard the gunshot and later surrendered to police, according to The Oklahoman. Stewart was charged with burglary.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
Re: 911 Tells Mom 'Do What You Have To Do', she shoots intruder
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 10:10:44 AM »
Oh well !!  :)

w8m8

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 10:15:40 AM »
It's good to see her protect herself and family - but you have to wonder - Why did it take police 21 minutes to arrive?  She was on the phone with 911 for 21 minutes before the guy finally broke in.  

A teenaged mother shot and killed an intruder after a 911 operator said she was allowed to defend her infant son and herself with force.

Sarah McKinley, 18, killed Justin Martin with a single gunshot wound on New Year's Eve when he forced his way into her Blanchard, Okla. home and came at her with a long hunting knife, ABC News reports.

The deadly encounter occurred about a week after the young mom's husband died of cancer, according to TV station KOCO. Martin darkened McKinley's door on the day of her husband's funeral. several days before the shooting He claimed he was a neighbor who wanted to say hello, but she didn't open the door.

Martin returned with an accomplice on Dec. 31 and tried to force their way into the modest house. When McKinley heard the men trying to break in, she called 911.

She also holed up in her bedroom with a 12-gauge shotgun and a pistol while she put a bottle in her three-month-old son's mouth.

"I've got two guns in my hand -- is it okay to shoot him if he comes in this door?" McKinley asked the operator.

"I can't tell you that you can do that but you do what you have to do to protect your baby," the dispatcher told McKinley after she asked a second time. The call went on for 21 minutes as the men powered their way into McKinley's house.

Eventually, Martin kicked in the door and charged at her with a knife, but she shot before he could injure her.

At one point, McKinley asked the operator if it was OK to fire her weapon at the intruder.

I can't tell you to do that," the operator said, "but you do what you have to do to protect your baby."

Police found Martin slumped over a couch McKinley used to barricade the door and pronounced him dead on the scene, TV station News 9 reports. They said McKinley's use of forced was justified.

Martin's alleged accomplice, Dustin Stewart fled when he heard the gunshot and later surrendered to police, according to The Oklahoman. Stewart was charged with burglary.

Good for her ... I bet the "accomplice" shit himself when he heard/saw the shot .. I hope she used the shotgun and it was a neck shot at close range

Police taking 21 minutes to arrive after knowing someone is breaking in on a woman and baby alone just goes to show why women should own and know how to use guns

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 10:18:31 AM »
Nice!

Good going, lady!

Fortress approves.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 10:18:55 AM »
good for her, id have loved to see the look on the punks face when he saw that gun.

howardroark

• Getbig IV
  • Resident Objectivist & Autodidact
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 10:22:31 AM »
The police ALWAYS take a long time to arrive. That's why you're best off having a firearm to defend yourself.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • stuff for dumplings
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2012, 10:28:10 AM »
It's not like he was going to write the great American novel.

Aussie Duffman

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2012, 10:28:23 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Herpes

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2012, 10:29:42 AM »
Good on her 8)

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2012, 10:30:12 AM »

Cops were busy receiving sum' blowjob from street whores....  :-\

Other option is, they were busy beating and spraying peaceful protesters...

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2012, 10:30:36 AM »
God bless America.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2012, 10:32:39 AM »
Good for her indeed,

and terrible that the police took so long to arrive.

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2012, 10:33:44 AM »
Good for her indeed,

and terrible that the police took so long to arrive.

That's why I don't understand how anyone could be anti gun. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2012, 10:36:33 AM »
I am Canadian and think it's a travesty that firearms are, essentially, illegal. If I want a gun, I should be able to buy a damn gun and not face prison if it's discovered on my person.

This woman did what she had to. It wasn't her intruding on someone else's home. The guy got what he deserved. I don't give an atom-sized shit that he's dead. Fuck him.

AlphaMaleDawg

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2012, 10:40:41 AM »
Other than the cops being 21 minutes late, great feel good story! Give the woman a huge reward!

Aussie Duffman

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2012, 10:48:43 AM »
In australia your screwed ,I got charged for beating up a neighbor and hitting him with a axe,I had a broken leg and IV in but he charged the front door
Herpes

leadhead

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2012, 10:49:54 AM »
Good for her for protecting herself and her baby.  I hope this is posted in the NRA mag too. Remove the scum of the earth one bullet at a time lol

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2012, 10:50:16 AM »
In australia your screwed ,I got charged for beating up a neighbor and hitting him with a axe,I had a broken leg and IV in but he charged the front door

in america, you could have beat him with an ax, chopped off his leg, posted it to facebook then made a sandwich and finisheed lunch before the police arrived.

howardroark

• Getbig IV
  • Resident Objectivist & Autodidact
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2012, 10:51:56 AM »
in america, you could have beat him with an ax, chopped off his leg, posted it to facebook then made a sandwich and finisheed lunch before the police arrived.

In Detroit you could have nicely fileted the intruder before the cops arrived. It takes them 9 hours to arrive in many cases.

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2012, 10:52:43 AM »

LOOOOOOOOOOL  ;D

Aussie Duffman

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2012, 10:54:03 AM »

They nevver showed i went to cop shop the next day
Herpes

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2012, 10:56:49 AM »

No offense but Australia can suck a fat dick. You guys have no rights there at all.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2012, 10:59:33 AM »
Did anybody catch that her husband died of Cancer? Young dude or a older man?

She did the right thing...
Chances are had the police got there, he would have gone to jail for a bid, come out and do the same thing...
Burglars are some brazen mofos, you got to not care about anybody to break into somebody's home with them there.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2012, 11:00:05 AM »
this kind of policy I love about america.

too bad the unarming bill will take action in the near feature  :-\

MikMaq

« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2012, 11:01:11 AM »
I am Canadian and think it's a travesty that firearms are, essentially, illegal. If I want a gun, I should be able to buy a damn gun and not face prison if it's discovered on my person.

This woman did what she had to. It wasn't her intruding on someone else's home. The guy got what he deserved. I don't give an atom-sized shit that he's dead. Fuck him.
Because stastistically it increases violent crime. Sure you get a sense of security and the criminal now how a sense of insecurity. This might make you feel all warm in side, if you want to be a winner in some sort of conflict, but the reality is your starting a pisses contest with someone who by definition has nothing left to loose.