Author Topic: Victor Martinez Court Update (January 6th, 2012)  (Read 11467 times)

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
Victor Martinez Court Update (January 6th, 2012)
« on: January 06, 2012, 11:23:41 PM »

At 1 pm today, Victor Martinez walked into a US Immigration and Customs courtroom with hopes of leaving a free man. Sadly, things did not go how he, and most of the bodybuilding community, had hoped. While his girlfriend and IFBB Pro Jon Delarosa observed, the lawyers conferred. Interestingly, Victor’s lawyer teleconferenced in, as he wasn’t able to be in New York for the case. After all was said and done, the judge decided to side with the government, thus denying bail to Martinez. His next hearing will be January 6th, 2012.

By January 6th, Victor will have been in I.C.E. (Immigration and Customs Enforcement) holding for almost 90 days. If you read my last column  (http://www.rxmuscle.com/articles/muscle-gossip/4467-muscle-gossip-37-what-really-happened-to-victor-martinez.html), you’d remember that the 90-day mark is significant since that's the cut-off period for the US government to hold someone in an immigration matter. At the 90-day mark, they need to either release or charge Martinez with a crime.  Either that or deport him.

Best case scenario would be Victor spending 3 extremely depressing months in a federal holding cell. These cells are 6 by 8 feet in size, with steel or brick walls and one solid or barred door; not a fun place to spend three months. Victor would then get out with the ability to renew his green card. With this timeframe, there's no way Victor would be able to get ready for the Arnold, on March 2nd-4th. This would give him around 8 weeks to not only diet, but put back on a the muscle he will surely lose while locked up. If this scenario comes to pass (and I hope it does), then we could certainly see Victor back on the Olympia stage come September.

Second best scenario would be that on January 6th, Victor is deported back to the Dominican Republic. He would liver very well in that country on substantially less money than he is currently making. As I said in the last column, there are 9 shows outside of the US in the 2012 season, and for most of them he'd certainly be considered the "favorite" to win.

The worst possible situation is that the government isn’t deporting him now because they're investigating or building a federal case against Victor. I have no details on this, and wouldn’t speculate on what those charges could possibly be; however, I have been told by a lawyer that specializes in immigration law in New York City that this is certainly a possible scenario. With the government’s federal convection rate at almost 95%, this is decidedly the nightmare scenario. Obviously, if this were to occur, Victor would not only serve his sentence in a federal prison, but when the sentence was completed, he would then be deported.

Over the course of the day, today, I received many emails, text messages, tweets (#freevictormartinez), and calls from friends and fans worried about Victor. It’s been overwhelming the amount of people who have reached out to me in hopes of receiving good news. I’m truly sorry the news for Victor wasn’t better, but there's absolutely no doubt that people are worried about him. Victor is no angel, he’s made mistakes in life, but the amount and level of concern and love he’s inspired in people he’s met, befriended, and competed with tells the story of a man worth rooting for.

Free Victor Martinez.

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
Re: Victor Martinez Court Update (January 6th, 2012)
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 11:25:34 PM »
Dude how the hell do you get the latest report on this all the way from Asia and us here in America literally either going to bed right about now, or some waking up early morning. Do you work for the secret service.
#

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 11:29:29 PM »
Dude how the hell do you get the latest report on this all the way from Asia and us here in America literally either going to bed right about now, or some waking up early morning. Do you work for the secret service.
;D
here Taipei is 3:00 pm,and i will train my chest & back ;)

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2012, 11:53:57 PM »
is he out of country  of americana yet?

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm ,,let me know when he go out of americana....

i want the cult of bodybuild to folow this closely ,,remember dc? good

i feel the need to announce something here but i will let it announce itself,

this is a lesson in power,, pay attention the scambag and cocroaches of other boardings ,, i want you to it is important to me you take notice to what happen now

90 days ...gone

gh15 approved
fallen angel

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2012, 12:02:06 AM »
;D
here Taipei is 3:00 pm,and i will train my chest & back ;)

Be sure to post some current pics from your training session.  :D

99 Bananas

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2012, 12:04:49 AM »
I like how the dig for sympathy with the whole 6x8 cell. "A very depressing 3 months"

Cry bitch. Deal with it.

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2012, 12:15:52 AM »
Don't know Victor Martinez will be deported, charged, or released ?

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2012, 12:33:11 AM »
So, basically a 15 yr old girl is smart enough to get herself deported under a false name, but Vic isn't smart enough to handle his Visa issues or to have applied for Us citizenship...

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2012, 12:58:17 AM »
So, basically a 15 yr old girl is smart enough to get herself deported under a false name, but Vic isn't smart enough to handle his Visa issues or to have applied for Us citizenship...
Apparently so. 

Spicoli

• Getbig III
  • People on luds should not drive
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2012, 01:09:17 AM »

;D
Team Schering Oss NL

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2012, 01:15:40 AM »
Ok fans of Victor Martinez, here is the scoop on what went down at Vic's hearing today in New York City.

Initially we thought that today's hearing was mainly concerned with some documentation procedures and once the procedures were finished the court would name a date for Martinez' final hearing. But it didn't quite work out that way.

According to our source, a few of the documents were not in order and the announcement of the date of Martinez' final hearing is now postponed until February 24th, 2012. Martinez attorneys believe that the final court date will be sometime in April or May.

There was a bright side for Martinez. A judge approved his application to waive his prior criminal charges.

Currently Martinez remains in mandatory detention without bail. Vic's attorneys think there is a possibility that he might be let out on parole sometime between now and the next hearing on February 24th. However it is also possible that he could stay detained until the final hearing that could be set for sometime in April or May.

According to his attorneys, if all goes well at his final hearing, he could be granted US citizenship.

Our sources say that Victor misses his family, misses his fans, wishes he had a gym and misses training. He looks healthy and rested. They even say that he will come back and be better than ever when he gets out.

Martinez was taken into custody October 9th, 2011 - one day after winning the Arnold Europe in Madrid, Spain - when he was attempting to re-enter the United States.

We will have Ron Harris get another extended interview with Victor shortly. Stay tuned to MuscularDevelopment.com for the latest.

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2012, 01:51:27 AM »
Ok fans of Victor Martinez, here is the scoop on what went down at Vic's hearing today in New York City.

Initially we thought that today's hearing was mainly concerned with some documentation procedures and once the procedures were finished the court would name a date for Martinez' final hearing. But it didn't quite work out that way.

According to our source, a few of the documents were not in order and the announcement of the date of Martinez' final hearing is now postponed until February 24th, 2012. Martinez attorneys believe that the final court date will be sometime in April or May.

There was a bright side for Martinez. A judge approved his application to waive his prior criminal charges.

Currently Martinez remains in mandatory detention without bail. Vic's attorneys think there is a possibility that he might be let out on parole sometime between now and the next hearing on February 24th. However it is also possible that he could stay detained until the final hearing that could be set for sometime in April or May.

According to his attorneys, if all goes well at his final hearing, he could be granted US citizenship.

Our sources say that Victor misses his family, misses his fans, wishes he had a gym and misses training. He looks healthy and rested. They even say that he will come back and be better than ever when he gets out.

Martinez was taken into custody October 9th, 2011 - one day after winning the Arnold Europe in Madrid, Spain - when he was attempting to re-enter the United States.

We will have Ron Harris get another extended interview with Victor shortly. Stay tuned to MuscularDevelopment.com for the latest.
thanks for update

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2012, 01:59:41 AM »
Wonder how he looks now. Stopping gear cold turkey must have been a bitch!

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
  • President Barack Obama -- 2 Term U.S. President
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2012, 05:05:50 AM »
The Obama Administration is the most strict administration on illegal immigrants in US history.

This does not bode well for Victor IMO.

purenaturalstrength

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2012, 05:08:04 AM »
victor martinez is the only bodybuilder that does standing military presses

why is this

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2012, 07:44:45 AM »

I bet the guy is about 200lbs now and hates looking in the mirror because he can't handle what he got himself into.

And just as all of Weider's little angels, I'm sure this is a little mix up that will be cleared up. All three months of him being held and now possibly being held another 4-5 months, just a simple misunderstanding about a parking ticket, surely.

RustyTrenbolona

• Getbig IV
  • ...but it's just an empty sandwich bag...
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2012, 07:50:32 AM »
God im so tore up about this. vic is just such a good and kind man. how can they do this to him. he is a hero to hundreds and hundreds of men young and old and even some women. those evil robots. they call themselves ICE. how dare they. Musclecenter is losing sleep because of this his mouse is clicking on thousand of updates links every quarter of an hour. refresh button is also worn down to the nub :'(

supernick

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2012, 07:55:07 AM »
man i wonder how much weight hes lost

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2012, 09:52:50 AM »
The guy is gonna blow up like a balloon when he gets out though.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2012, 09:58:06 AM »
I thought gh, with his lunar security clearance, was gonna clean this mess up!?    >:(

Schmoff

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2012, 10:02:12 AM »
I would say, deport this criminal

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2012, 10:15:12 AM »

a few things here puzzle me.

1. I wasn't aware that citizenship could be awarded. Wouldn't he have to apply and pass a test?
2. If his past criminal records have been waved then what is he being held for?
3. Since Victor has felony conviction(s) wouldn't he then not be able to obtain a US passport and need special permission to travel abroad?

I

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan

tweeter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2012, 03:15:49 PM »
I haven't really followed this case...can someone give me a quick summary of why he was arrested in the first place?

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2012, 03:19:07 PM »

OMG if he gets kicked out amöricans may never reach Mars !!!

wait....  :-\