Author Topic: Yates looks good...  (Read 6537 times)

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
Re: Yates looks good...
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2012, 03:31:40 PM »
I don't know...is it?

Don't be coy old man.... All part of being a "spokesman" wasn't it??
P

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2012, 03:42:03 PM »
Don't be coy old man.... All part of being a "spokesman" wasn't it??

Lol...what would I have to be "coy" about?

I got news for you....I've done just bout every task there is relating to a show, for companies I've worked for, promoters, etc... Folded chairs, put up tables, hung banners, worked with lighting for the stage, pulled stock out for the booth, set up booths, taken them down, shipped stock out, shipped it back from the venue....worked with floor plans for expos, coordinated talent, hired, fired, etc, etc...And of course, hosted.

It's called "the business I work in" . ..For the living I've been able to make, I would say its been a great ride...and I know the guys writing the checks sure did appreciate me not thinking I was too good to help out...

I've seen athletes think they were high and mighty, broke as a joke in a very short time....thinking they were    " above" many of the things I mentioned....I always concentrated on being a better spokesman/ industry man, rather than waiting to win the Olympia.

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2012, 04:05:30 PM »

I got news for you....I've done just bout every task there is relating to a show, for companies I've worked for, promoters, etc... Folded chairs, put up tables, hung banners, worked with lighting for the stage, pulled stock out for the booth, set up booths, taken them down, shipped stock out, shipped it back from the venue....worked with floor plans for expos, coordinated talent, hired, fired, etc, etc...And of course, hosted.

It's called "the business I work in" . ..For the living I've been able to make, I would say its been a great ride...and I know the guys writing the checks sure did appreciate me not thinking I was too good to help out...

I've seen athletes think they were high and mighty, broke as a joke in a very short time....thinking they were    " above" many of the things I mentioned....I always concentrated on being a better spokesman/ industry man, rather than waiting to win the Olympia.

over to the sheep shagger...

nosleep

• Getbig IV
  • INJECT NOW. LAUGH LATER.
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2012, 04:17:33 PM »

I got news for you....I've done just bout every task there is relating to a show, for companies I've worked for, promoters, etc... Folded chairs, put up tables, hung banners, worked with lighting for the stage, pulled stock out for the booth, set up booths, taken them down, shipped stock out, shipped it back from the venue....worked with floor plans for expos, coordinated talent, hired, fired, etc, etc...And of course, hosted.TAKING IT IN THE ASS AND LETTING EM FINISH ON MY FACE

I've seen athletes think they were high and mighty, broke as a joke in a very short time....thinking they were    " above" many of the things I mentioned....I always concentrated on being a better spokesman/ industry man, rather than waiting to win the Olympia.

FIXED  :D
MEDICATED BY STRANGO

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2012, 04:21:48 PM »
FIXED  :D

Interesting interpretation you have there...

amazing what some people fantasize about....

Strange.

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2012, 06:30:27 PM »

I've seen athletes think they were high and mighty, broke as a joke in a very short time....thinking they were    " above" many of the things I mentioned....I always concentrated on being a better spokesman/ industry man, rather than waiting to win the Olympia.

Robert, this is why you have never and probably will never be successful in life. Nice guys finish last. A Shepard must separate himself from the herd. You lack the killer instinct - the cut throat attitude to ever be someone of worth.... both in character and financially. What is it that you do with yourself these days? Walmart trolley boy? Shoe salesman? It must be tough knowing that you are going to live in poverty for the rest of your life.
P

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2012, 06:41:29 PM »
Robert, this is why you have never and probably will never be successful in life. Nice guys finish last. A Shepard must separate himself from the herd. You lack the killer instinct - the cut throat attitude to ever be someone of worth.... but in character and financially. What is it that you do with yourself these days? Walmart trolley boy? Shoe salesman? It must be tough knowing that you are going to live in poverty for the rest of your life.

given the fact tha you can't seem to comprehend what I wrote, it doesn't surprise me that this is your response...

what I do, these days, Is represent companies, as a spokesman, consultant, as well as host shows throughout the year...

here's a clue for you...you don't need a " killer instinct" to succeed in business...you need to be smart and show people that you can represent their company with integrity and be a valuable asset to them. 

don't know about nice guys finishing last....what I do know is plenty of assholes who are unemployed and trying to make ends meet, because they thought they needed to have a killer instinct and were unwilling to do anything but sign 8x10s and act like prima donnas...

Thanks for the business advice, champ...but I seem to be doing pretty good.

io856

« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2012, 06:43:04 PM »
Robert, this is why you have never and probably will never be successful in life. Nice guys finish last. A Shepard must separate himself from the herd. You lack the killer instinct - the cut throat attitude to ever be someone of worth.... but in character and financially. What is it that you do with yourself these days? Walmart trolley boy? Shoe salesman? It must be tough knowing that you are going to live in poverty for the rest of your life.
you are most likely trolling but anyway i'll bite

errr how isn't Bob successful in life?

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2012, 06:45:04 PM »
 houston qb looked damn good

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2012, 06:47:13 PM »
given the fact tha you can't seem to comprehend what I wrote, it doesn't surprise me that this is your response...

what I do, these days, Is represent companies, as a spokesman, consultant, as well as host shows throughout the year...

here's a clue for you...you don't need a " killer instinct" to succeed in business...you need to be smart and show people that you can represent their company with integrity and be a valuable asset to them. 

don't know about nice guys finishing last....what I do know is plenty of assholes who are unemployed and trying to make ends meet, because they thought they needed to have a killer instinct and were unwilling to do anything but sign 8x10s and act like prima donnas...

Thanks for the business advice, champ...but I seem to be doing pretty good.
When you gonna start your own company bob?

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2012, 06:49:37 PM »
you are most likely trolling but anyway i'll bite

errr how isn't Bob successful in life?

You don't see Trump folding tables and putting chairs away.....
P

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2012, 06:51:42 PM »
You don't see Trump folding tables and putting chairs away.....

Great...don't see me doing it either....where do you get this idea from?  

As I've already explained, I've done many duties...my wife had her own company for a while, which I certainly had to set up a booth and everything else that's involved....I've produced our own webcast pre and post game show, where I also had to set up the staging, etc....that's what you do when it's YOURS.

why are you so concerned with what IM doing, anyway....is our life that boring?

nosleep

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2012, 06:52:18 PM »
Interesting interpretation you have there...

amazing what some people fantasize about....

Strange.

AS STRANGE AS WHAT YOU DID?

MEDICATED BY STRANGO

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2012, 06:53:36 PM »
Sounds like NZ was hanging around you at that Olympia he actually went to...

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2012, 06:54:32 PM »
off topic thread reported

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2012, 06:55:22 PM »

::)
P

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2012, 06:56:07 PM »
Hope Denver can somehow beat the Steelers, so New England wouldn't have to play Pittsburgh and Baltimore back to back.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2012, 06:56:25 PM »
AS STRANGE AS WHAT YOU DID?

shooting demo exercises for a national publication?

dos that pic turn you on?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2012, 07:01:07 PM »

moron...while I've already stated I've helped out in many ways over the years, it's by far the exception...was never my job.  point was ( To those smart enough to understand)...was that I never minded, nor felt it was beneath me to lend a hand....

BTW...here is a little hint for you....the tales and chairs are supplied by the expo, THEY set them up and stack the chairs...usually union based, so you couldn't do it if you wanted to anyway...

Not the brightest, I see

jealous little loser, aren't you?

nosleep

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2012, 07:05:31 PM »
shooting demo exercises for a national publication?

dos that pic turn you on?

DID THAT POSITION TURN YOU ON?
MEDICATED BY STRANGO

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2012, 07:09:18 PM »
DID THAT POSITION TURN YOU ON?

no...but I'm thinking there must be some reason you took the time to look it up, have it in your memory, or saved on your hard drive

I think the answer is fairly obvious...

You go, boy!

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2012, 07:09:34 PM »
moron...while I've already stated I've helped out in many ways over the years, it's by far the exception...was never my job.  point was ( To those smart enough to understand)...was that I never minded, nor felt it was beneath me to lend a hand....

BTW...here is a little hint for you....the tales and chairs are supplied by the expo, THEY set them up and stack the chairs...usually union based, so you couldn't do it if you wanted to anyway...

Not the brightest, I see

jealous little loser, aren't you?

I have no reason to be jealous. I am very successful in my field.

However, you get very defensive once life's harsh truths are pointed out to you. Deep down you know what I'm saying is true, but have to say otherwise, just so you can sleep at night.
P

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2012, 07:13:14 PM »
I have no reason to be jealous. I am very successful in my field.

However, you get very defensive once life's harsh truths are pointed out to you. Deep down you know what I'm saying is true, but have to say otherwise, just so you can sleep at night.

LOl....of course you are.  on the Internet, you can be anything you want....

the only harsh truth here, is that I get paid to go to the gym...have for many years now.  Remember  that next time you're punching out for lunch...

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2012, 07:20:28 PM »

Though Bob has already responded to you, you totally took that out of context.

Sometimes I love GetBig and how harsh you guys can be and other times I'm amazed at the stupidity here.

Bob takes all these things in stride and has managed to stay here through the storm throwing in a few of his own barbs quite often. He's mingling with the little folk and more than holding his own and you guys just continue to berate him. He shows you by example and tells what he does behind the scenes and you guys give him nothing but shit for it and then take his rebuke out of context trying to spin it another way.

GetBig is certainly fully stocked on crazy.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2012, 07:23:37 PM »
I'd buy Bob-brand protein.