Author Topic: Evolution of Bodybuilding - The Movie - World Premiere this weekend  (Read 12796 times)

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
The Evolution of Bodybuilding, a Movie that Shawn Ray has been going around the world, getting interviews and more of some of the most famous bodybuilders, will have its World Premiere on Sunday, Jan 29th at 4pm at the Regal Cinema in Downtown Los Angeles, California.

If some people would like to go, here is the link to get tickets for the movie

https://evolutionofbodybuilding.eventbrite.com/?nomo=1

This premier is on the same weekend as the Los Angeles Fit Expo at the convention center, so if you are attending that, this is very close.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
Re: Evolution of Bodybuilding - The Movie - World Premiere
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 10:41:50 PM »
Should be a Cinematic Masterpiece.

Marshdogg

• Getbig II
  • You look like a bag of smashed anuses. Backsmash!
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 11:03:32 PM »

Don't bother, this is the true Evolution of Bodybuilding.

Test Prop > CIBA Dianabol > Winstrol > Cadaver GH > Equipose > Trenbolone > Cadaver GH > Insulin > GH.

The end.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 10:20:21 PM »

Who knows? The question is will it be something that bodybuilding fans would like to have, or is it going to be a boring documentary.  We will see....

Schmoe Buster

• Getbig V
  • Unnatural Bodybuilder
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2012, 10:22:46 PM »
Don't bother, this is the true Evolution of Bodybuilding.

Test Prop > CIBA Dianabol > Winstrol > Cadaver GH > Equipose > Trenbolone > Cadaver GH > Insulin > GH.

The end.

Pretty much ;D
Thunderdome approved

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2012, 10:25:43 PM »
Someone should hire a Kramar-like character and bootleg it and play it on Getbig like the movie Cry Cry again

Spicoli

• Getbig III
  • People on luds should not drive
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2012, 04:35:04 AM »
Who knows? The question is will it be something that bodybuilding fans would like to have, or is it going to be a boring documentary.  We will see....

The "shawn ray productions" worries me.
Team Schering Oss NL

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2012, 04:40:58 AM »
The Evolution of Bodybuilding, a Movie that Shawn Ray has been going around the world, getting interviews and more of some of the most famous bodybuilders, will have its World Premiere on Sunday, Jan 29th at 4pm at the Regal Cinema in Downtown Los Angeles, California.

If some people would like to go, here is the link to get tickets for the movie

https://evolutionofbodybuilding.eventbrite.com/?nomo=1

This premier is on the same weekend as the Los Angeles Fit Expo at the convention center, so if you are attending that, this is very close.

if it doesn't cover "supplements", G4P and schmoe squats then it falls short of covering the "evolution"
I

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2012, 04:44:20 AM »
Oh cool, a documentary of how bodybuilding went form steroid abuse to steroid + gh abuse to steroid + gh + insulin abuse to steroid + gh + insulin + peptide abuse to steroid + gh + insulin + peptide + SEO abuse!!

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2012, 04:52:37 AM »
I'm sure all the big name Hollywood movie stars will be taking to the red carpet for the grand showing of this awesome event. By all rights it should rival the Oscars and I expect a full report on CNN the next day.   

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2012, 04:58:22 AM »
I'm sure all the big name Hollywood movie stars will be taking to the red carpet for the grand showing of this awesome event. By all rights it should rival the Oscars and I expect a full report on CNN the next day.   

I heard Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie will be guest posing on the red carpet, and Obama, Bush Senior, Bush Junior and Clinton will do a looping on on a motorcross bike. All on the same bike at the same time that is.

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2012, 05:01:13 AM »
I heard Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie will be guest posing on the red carpet, and Obama, Bush Senior, Bush Junior and Clinton will do a looping on on a motorcross bike. All on the same bike at the same time that is.

Yep, Palumbo and Joan Rivers are teaming up to interview all your favourite household name bodybuilders as we speak.

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2012, 05:02:29 AM »
Who knows? The question is will it be something that bodybuilding fans would like to have, or is it going to be a boring documentary.  We will see....

You nailed it. What made pumping iron so good? It was the drama, the intrigue, the personalities.

This looks like a bunch of interviews with Mr Olympia winners, talking about their era, and how bodybuilding changed with each generation.

It's likely to be a factual time line of the history of bodybuilding, from the early days of Larry Scott, to the magazine endorsements, The fitness revolution of the 70's to the mass monsters of the 90's.

Unless it's packed with never before heard revelations or interesting back stories, it's looking like a pleasant but ultimately bland "history of bodybuilding". It's a shame, a high profile guy Like Shawn with some $$$ behind it and a decent production crew could have created something a little more inspired.

Extended Trailer

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2012, 05:02:44 AM »
Oh cool, a documentary of how bodybuilding went form steroid abuse to steroid + gh abuse to steroid + gh + insulin abuse to steroid + gh + insulin + peptide abuse to steroid + gh + insulin + peptide + SEO abuse!!

i think you wil learn more about bodybuild from gh15 next comerical  for website,, i dont knwo what they put next there are so many an di dont have a say in that but i think you will learn mroe about bodybuild from one fo the comericals i have seen

gh15 approved
fallen angel

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2012, 05:09:35 AM »

Extended Trailer

Actually I watched that trailer, and it strikes me how the pros of the 60s and 70 are still much sharper, more interesting and cooler than the idiots that followed after that. It's a constant decline, with Ronnie Coleman marking a steep downhill course. Jay Cutler is almost unbearable to listen to, Wolf is a retard, Hidetada should just STFU if he has nothing to say and Heath is just an idiot with his "I am sooooo genetically gifted" bullshit.

I rather watch Pumping Iron for the 1000th time than that bullshit.

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2012, 05:19:07 AM »
Actually I watched that trailer, and it strikes me how the pros of the 60s and 70 are still much sharper, more interesting and cooler than the idiots that followed after that. It's a constant decline, with Ronnie Coleman marking a steep downhill course. Jay Cutler is almost unbearable to listen to, Wolf is a retard, Hidetada should just STFU if he has nothing to say and Heath is just an idiot with his "I am sooooo genetically gifted" bullshit.

I rather watch Pumping Iron for the 1000th time than that bullshit.
I made my post without watching the trailer and I agree.
Decades later, Gaspari and Ferrigno still have more drive and charisma (Ok, maybe Lou is a bad example :P) than the newer guys. The passion has gone. It's all about the money (beats by Jay :-X, Heaths "Gifted athletics" clothing)

LMAO At Blechman's poolside interview ("we need to get the kids at a young age involved in bodybuilding"  :-\)

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2012, 05:45:29 AM »
I made my post without watching the trailer and I agree.
Decades later, Gaspari and Ferrigno still have more drive and charisma (Ok, maybe Lou is a bad example :P) than the newer guys. The passion has gone. It's all about the money (beats by Jay :-X, Heaths "Gifted athletics" clothing)

LMAO At Blechman's poolside interview ("we need to get the kids at a young age involved in bodybuilding"  :-\)

Yeh so they're hooked for life and are too young to realise there's no money in it

Dokey111

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2012, 06:26:44 AM »
I should make a REAL documentary. How Old fags pimped young male prostitutes supporting their bb "goals and dreams". How they created an empire with lies aimed at gullible teens. Selling them worthless supps and magazines full of lies to make MONEY. All the while their "idols" are all full fledged drug addicts who prostitute themselves to old queens to get cash to buy more drugs.

WHAT A DISGUSTING SHAM THIS HOMO-EROTIC BIZARE SUB-CULTURE IS!

x2

Marshdogg

• Getbig II
  • You look like a bag of smashed anuses. Backsmash!
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2012, 06:30:16 AM »
I should make a REAL documentary. How Old fags pimped young male prostitutes supporting their bb "goals and dreams". How they created an empire with lies aimed at gullible teens. Selling them worthless supps and magazines full of lies to make MONEY. All the while their "idols" are all full fledged drug addicts who prostitute themselves to old queens to get cash to buy more drugs.

WHAT A DISGUSTING SHAM THIS HOMO-EROTIC BIZARE SUB-CULTURE IS!

x3 - realest post I've ever read. this is bb in a nutshell.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2012, 06:35:42 AM »
Yep, Palumbo and Joan Rivers are teaming up to interview all your favourite household name bodybuilders as we speak.

Joan-"So, what are you wearing? What designer did you choose for tonight?"

Random Bodybuilder- "Uh, the string tank is by House of Pain, Otomix set me up with these high tops, and these bad boys were made by the good folks at Zubaz. Oh yeah, the cooler is by Igloo.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2012, 06:49:15 AM »

Twink alarm at 9:15

His continued use of the word 'young' was downright creepy.  There's no way in FUCKING HELL I would ever allow someone like that to be granted any influence over my children. 

What idiot made the decision to include *that* interview in this film? 

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2012, 06:49:37 AM »
cant wait  ::)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2012, 06:50:13 AM »
Spell-check, mutha fucker.  Use it!

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2012, 06:51:14 AM »
I actually think it's damaging (mentally) to get kids into this sport at a very young age.  

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2012, 09:28:03 AM »
Sunday at 4pm - this weekend in Los Angeles! See you there...

Shawn Ray will be hosting - Rich Gaspari will be there, Rich Minzer, Samir Bannout...

Regal LA Live Stadium 14
1000 West Olympic Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90015
(213) 763-6070 ‎