Author Topic: list rambo films in order of preference ?  (Read 4052 times)

bradistani

• Getbig V
list rambo films in order of preference ?
« on: January 09, 2012, 07:45:28 AM »
first blood (1982) - head and shouklders above the rest. great performance from sly with a awesome cast. even a body count of just 'one' can't detract from just how good this film is.

rambo (2008) - badassery is through the roof in this superior final installment of the series. 100s dead, tits and bloody gore. and if wasn't enough... then there's the delicious, julie benz   :P

rambo: first blood part II (1985) - sly is in the best shape ever for this film. pows get rescued and reds get wasted. what's not to love.

rambo III (1988) - not terrible but not really all that good either  :-\ a bit to much buddy jokes for my liking .

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
Re: list rambo films in order of preference ?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 07:47:20 AM »
First Blood is the noise,the others are just OK.

Marshdogg

• Getbig II
  • You look like a bag of smashed anuses. Backsmash!
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012, 07:48:22 AM »
First Blood was great, anything after is Hollywood Buffoonery with comic like exaggeration.

Sly dropped integrity after First Blood and Rocky I.

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 07:51:11 AM »
First blood was a great movie. I love that song.

StanZoLOL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2012, 07:59:38 AM »
1, 2, 3, 4 with 1 being best and so on, for me.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2012, 08:03:21 AM »

who the hell doesn't like darla?  if i was bram strokers dracula, i would have sucked her dry every night in that court yard.

:P

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2012, 09:47:01 AM »
First Blood is a very special movie, since it started it all.
It is also less Hollywood than the others.

I do have great memories of Rambo 2 though, since he introduced his glass-fiber bow with arrows with explosive tip.

And he also showed us a whole new type of physique, i don't think we had seen anyone so ripped before that.

First Blood 1 and Rocky 1 didn't inspire anyone to work out (since the physiques weren't as impressive), but Rambo 2 and Rocky 3 did inspire us for sure, as did Conan.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2012, 09:49:28 AM »
anyone who thinks Stallone isnt a good actor needs to watch First Blood, especially the first scene where he goes to Delmar Barry's house only to find out that he died, awesome scene, very emotional.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2012, 09:50:45 AM »
1st Blood

Rambo

First Blood II - Almost tied with the Rambo of 2008.

Rambo III - This one just hasn't aged well to me.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2012, 09:51:15 AM »
first blood (1982) - head and shouklders above the rest. great performance from sly with a awesome cast. even a body count of just 'one' can't detract from just how good this film is.

rambo (2008) - badassery is through the roof in this superior final installment of the series. 100s dead, tits and bloody gore. and if wasn't enough... then there's the delicious, julie benz   :P

rambo: first blood part II (1985) - sly is in the best shape ever for this film. pows get rescued and reds get wasted. what's not to love.

rambo III (1988) - not terrible but not really all that good either  :-\ a bit to much buddy jokes for my liking .
Ditto

supernick

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2012, 09:53:51 AM »

I agree .... Finnally someone agrees with me about the jokes. There should be no joking in a badass film like rambo.  Thats how they ruined terminator,  T1 was great.  T2 got jokes started getting dumber. The ones after that really got dumb.  Trying to make the film suitable for all audiences. Makes me sick.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2012, 10:00:23 AM »
Sly was also very good in this movie with Big Ach

Sly enters the scene around 1:35

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2012, 10:11:22 AM »
1.Rambo III - wish the world was still like that
2.Rambo I - a cult classic
3.Rambo - depressing
4.Rambo II - nice, very well made with good B movie actors

Dipadidu

• Getbig IV
  • any problems? work out!
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2012, 11:09:43 AM »
Terminator I
Conan the Barbarian
Terminator II
Conan the Destroyer
Red Heat
Commando

....oh wait...

Eh... Hmmm... Cliffhanger?

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2012, 12:19:05 PM »
First Blood
Rambo
II
III

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2012, 12:32:16 PM »
first blood, then 2,3.............then that new one they made with the horrible acting and no depth

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2012, 12:34:46 PM »
1,2,4,....................................................................................3 sucked in a major way. My hero dies there..

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2012, 01:17:28 PM »
wasn't the stick fight at the begining of rambo 3? I thought that was his best shape.

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2012, 01:31:29 PM »
who the hell doesn't like darla?  if i was bram strokers dracula, i would have sucked her dry every night in that court yard.

:P

are you implying that she's was Lucy in that film? because she was not.

Vikingman

• Getbig II
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2012, 01:44:40 PM »
wasn't the stick fight at the begining of rambo 3? I thought that was his best shape.
YES IT WAS -gotta say Rambo 3 and Rocky 4 his physique was at his best-bigger than Rambo2
CROM!!

Spicoli

• Getbig III
  • People on luds should not drive
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2012, 01:48:56 PM »
Only 1
Team Schering Oss NL

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2012, 01:52:13 PM »
thought so, I agree with Rocky 4 too, when he unveils for the final fight he looks like he's carved out of stone
YES IT WAS -gotta say Rambo 3 and Rocky 4 his physique was at his best-bigger than Rambo2

Vikingman

• Getbig II
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2012, 02:01:34 PM »
wonder what his cycle was-did it include cadaver GH
CROM!!

Christian B

• Getbig II
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2012, 02:04:59 PM »
anyone who thinks Stallone isnt a good actor needs to watch First Blood, especially the first scene where he goes to Delmar Barry's house only to find out that he died, awesome scene, very emotional.
Qft! It was on Danish tv a couple of days ago, and those were my exact words to a sceptical bro!

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2012, 02:10:19 PM »

Same here, good list.