Author Topic: GAKIC Bench Challenge results  (Read 30296 times)

bigbadwolfe

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Bigger Stronger Fatter then you!!!!
Re: GAKIC Bench Challenge results
« Reply #100 on: October 17, 2005, 07:20:59 PM »
Here is anther so you all can see I aint a huge fat outta shape slob.I do have some muscle. It is me doing raw speed work with 275 in weight and 180 in band tension.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #101 on: October 17, 2005, 07:25:00 PM »

Let the bashing begin!!!!!!

What?

Are you and Bi G Man related?  :o

That's amazing.

You guys are brothers.

No if's, but's, or why's. Separated at birth. Joined at Getbig.

Teh awesome.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

bigbadwolfe

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #102 on: October 17, 2005, 07:33:05 PM »
See I told ya, my long lost black twin brother ;D ;D

Brooke

• Getbig II
  • Ask Gunter if I swallow
« Reply #103 on: October 17, 2005, 09:19:01 PM »
SO true its scary?  LOLOL

Impressive putting up that weight :)
i like 2 bite

kicker

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #104 on: October 17, 2005, 09:42:06 PM »
Does anyone have the video of Kaz doing 50 reps with 405.  Unreal.  And these were full reps too not 1/2 reps.  This is one of the most amazing bench exphibitions ever I think.  How did he look at the show.  A few of my friends said hi for me.

There is no way in hell Bill Kazmaier, or anyone else for that matter that could bench press 405 for 50 reps...that would put his 1 rep max far in excess above his recorded RAW max of 661 lb.  Hell, even to squat 315 for 50 like Tom Platz did is insane, and the quads are a much stronger muscle group than the muscles used to power a bench press.  Just to put things in perspective to all these outrageous claims being thown around here.

For those interested, here's a link to a 1-rep max calculator:

http://www.bodybuildingpro.com/onerepmax.html

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #105 on: October 17, 2005, 09:49:16 PM »
Not sure but I heard allot of others tell me he did it.  And I think he told me that too.  I don't 50 reps is out of the question. Here at the strongman they bench 405 for reps.  Curtis Leffler I think won one year with 29 I did 23.  And I think almost everyone else in comp. did at least 13 I think was the least amount.  So Kaz doing 50 I don't see that out of the question.  But I see your point about the one rep max thing.  But I know also that some guys have great stamina and not so much one rep power.  Kaz had both.  I will ask him when I call him next.

Oliver Klaushof

• Getbig IV
« Reply #106 on: October 18, 2005, 01:04:41 AM »
As far as what I meant by well over is that I am truly not sure what my max raw bench is. I know i am over 600 by alot mid six's to 700 if i was guessing.

You don't have an exact number for your raw lift, because lifting raw is not as important in the ego-driven world of powerlifting. Face it, powerlifting is becoming pro wrestling. When powerlifters put up these numbers they know the general public is not aware of bench shirts. Let me guess, the assisted bench record has increased substantially while the raw bench hasn't because the shirts are getting stronger - not the powerlifters themselves LOL. If you really want to promote yourself, why not call out some of these guys to compete against you raw. You could generate publicity for yourself and restore dignity and legitimacy to powerlifting at the same time. You could be the King Kamali of powerlifting. You already have similar builds.

You dont think bodybuilding has not gotten out of hand with it going FREAK STYLE!!!!  Hell half the guys are walking around with solid ass bloated bellys that stickout further then my fat gut. What happened to symetrical pleasing looking bodys. Hell those guys are so doped up now it aint even funny. I know drugs run rampant in powerlifting but I mean damn come on guys. How about SYNTHOL is that not as CHEATING as a benchshirt is in Powerlifting. Oh hell I dont need to work these tris and delts I can put gravy in them and look big as a house. That is just as relavent as me putting on a benchshirt and benching 825.

At least their bodies are still doing the work. Synthol IS the bench shirt of bodybuilding I agree. But the top 5 guys don't use synthol. Everyone knows bodybuilders use steroids. The bench shirt lifters mislead people purposely IMO. I think synthol is actually a good way to lose. Markus Ruhl would agree. Bodybuilders aren't jumping on stage wearing a muscle costume yet, but King Kamali hasn't retired yet either...

I wish you could turn off spell check for quotes.
"Shut the F up and train"

Brooke

• Getbig II
  • Ask Gunter if I swallow
« Reply #107 on: October 18, 2005, 01:06:12 AM »
Croatch, who is pictured in your avatar??

He looks a lot like an ex of mine??????

B xo
i like 2 bite

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #108 on: October 18, 2005, 07:52:50 AM »
I heard that Ted Arcidi did 40+ reps with 405, and 20+ reps with 525.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #109 on: October 18, 2005, 07:57:04 AM »
check out the pic of "bigbadwolfe" benching a massive 255, what a beast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jaejonna rows 125!!

bigbadwolfe

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #110 on: October 18, 2005, 03:02:04 PM »
Hey Sarcasm nice to see you are back, really kinda missed ya :)  And so you all know I tell people all the time about my benchshirt and explain to them what it is and what it does. You guys are totally barking up the wrong tree, like I said before I am not an ego maniac.I just evolved with the sport I loved.

Come on Mansiover read all my post before you jump at me. I have already agreed that shirts have gotten ridiculously crazy and are ego driven. And I'm pretty damn sure my 600 raw bench is far more then you will ever see. 

bigbadwolfe

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #111 on: October 18, 2005, 03:06:26 PM »
Hey sarcasm there is also 180 pounds in band tension there.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #112 on: October 18, 2005, 03:43:10 PM »
i'm impressed, "big" man.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Bix

• Getbig IV
  • The Instigator
« Reply #113 on: October 18, 2005, 03:54:23 PM »
This is just to dam funny, you guys are brothers  ;D

619Rules

« Reply #114 on: October 19, 2005, 05:01:04 PM »
i have done a 650 raw and just came shy of 660 a few days ago, also ive done 585 for 7 reps.

I say Bullshit Big G Man. I will bring a camera anytime you want tp prove this one. I say 315 for 10 good reps is beyond your reach.

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #115 on: October 19, 2005, 05:07:50 PM »
It helps when you have a 2" range of motion.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

619Rules

« Reply #116 on: October 19, 2005, 07:46:49 PM »
There is no way in hell Bill Kazmaier, or anyone else for that matter that could bench press 405 for 50 reps...that would put his 1 rep max far in excess above his recorded RAW max of 661 lb.  Hell, even to squat 315 for 50 like Tom Platz did is insane, and the quads are a much stronger muscle group than the muscles used to power a bench press.  Just to put things in perspective to all these outrageous claims being thown around here.

I tend to agree with you. I was one of the strongest squatters in my gym and I maxed out at 25 reps on a 315/squat-the weight burns you at 20 reps, and at 25 I was history.

But, I have met Bill Kaz in person, and the fact is he is 6'5 and weighs in at 350+#'s. So a 405 bench is only 50 pounds over his body weight.

How many people here could bench their body weight for 50 reps? Not impossible-but that would be very impressive.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #117 on: October 19, 2005, 09:12:26 PM »
Kaz is 6'3" and I have no problem believing he can (or could) bench 405 for 50.  For a person who can (or did) over 20 and I was drug free, not seriously heavy training and seeing others beat me with more reps I don't see why Kaz at one time doing it.  But I will him tommorrow and if I talk to him I will ask.  SOmeone pm me to remind me cause I know I'll forget

Stallion

• Getbig III
  • Brunette Goddess
« Reply #118 on: October 19, 2005, 09:17:58 PM »
^ Once again, why are you always F.UCKING NAME-DROPPING KAZ?

"I know Kaz."
"Kaz is my friend."
"I've lifted with Kaz."
"Kaz and I owned a gym together."
"Kaz likes Fruity Pebbles."

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #119 on: October 19, 2005, 09:22:57 PM »
I'm not name dropping I don't have too.  I brought him up cause he subject matter came up.  If you kow someone who can dothis fet then you go ahead and name drop.  If I could do it I would have just used myself.  If the subject comes who is the biggest idiot on this thread then your name will come up, get it.

hangclean

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #120 on: October 19, 2005, 09:23:24 PM »
I dont understand what could be misleading if there are contests equipped and unequipped.  People just want to complain.  Also training with a shirt is different then training raw.  Two different worlds.  They are both challenging.

Sir Duchaine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #121 on: October 19, 2005, 09:24:56 PM »
I dont understand what could be misleading if there are contests equipped and unequipped.  People just want to complain.  Also training with a shirt is different then training raw.  Two different worlds.  They are both challenging.

do you find sesame street taxing at all?

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #122 on: October 19, 2005, 09:28:46 PM »
Another thing I can't help it that I know someone and allot of people.  Maybe if you did anything you too could meet people.  But, doing what you do I highly doubt that is possible.

hangclean

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #123 on: October 19, 2005, 09:29:49 PM »
do you find sesame street taxing at all?
Have you ever trained with a bench shirt before?  Its something you dont like? Fine.  Its still a major accomplishment whether you agree with it or not.  You would get crushed unracking 1000 pounds.

pushinweight

« Reply #124 on: October 20, 2005, 12:44:16 AM »
How do you know Kaz eats pebbles