Author Topic: Ron Paul One Of Two National Candidates  (Read 3405 times)

howardroark

• Getbig IV
  • Resident Objectivist & Autodidact
Ron Paul One Of Two National Candidates
« on: January 10, 2012, 10:44:03 PM »

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Re: Ron Paul One Of Two National Candidates
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 05:43:44 AM »
The other being Romney: http://www.revolutionpac.com/2012/01/ron-paul-a-national-candidate-one-of-only-two-republicans-on-all-state-ballots/

It lets you know who the serious candidates are.

Mitt Romney is a serious candidate?    ???

There are only two serious candidates:  Ron Paul and The Establishment(Mitt Romney, Obama, Congress, big financial institutions, big banks, Corporations, etc.)

soccerbill

• Getbig I
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 05:49:49 AM »
Mitt Romney is a serious candidate?    ???

There are only two serious candidates:  Ron Paul and The Establishment(Mitt Romney, Obama, Congress, big financial institutions, big banks, Corporations, etc.)

amen and ditto

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 07:14:21 AM »

yummy. and a Paul supporter.  ;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 07:40:33 AM »
He's not really a national candidate.  He's a two-state candidate:  Iowa and NH.  He was third in Iowa, lost by 16% in NH, and is way behind in SC.  He's doing better than 2008, but still isn't anywhere near a 50-state contender. 

howardroark

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2012, 10:05:30 AM »
He's not really a national candidate.  He's a two-state candidate:  Iowa and NH.  He was third in Iowa, lost by 16% in NH, and is way behind in SC.  He's doing better than 2008, but still isn't anywhere near a 50-state contender. 

He and Mitt are the only ones on the ballot in 50 states. So there are only two 50-state contenders. Furthermore, using your logic, none of the other candidates are worth a second thought since they got raped by Mitt and RP in NH and only one other one was able to finish top tier in Iowa, but was nothing more than a flash in the pan.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2012, 10:07:27 AM »
Mitt Romney, the candidate to settle for!    ;D

Beach Bum, hasn't Ron Paul done far better than you expected?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2012, 10:33:27 AM »
He and Mitt are the only ones on the ballot in 50 states. So there are only two 50-state contenders. Furthermore, using your logic, none of the other candidates are worth a second thought since they got raped by Mitt and RP in NH and only one other one was able to finish top tier in Iowa, but was nothing more than a flash in the pan.

Being on the ballot in all 50 states doesn't necessarily make him a national candidate.  It's being competitive with enough money to win in every state that makes him (or anyone) a national candidate.  Romney is the only who can do that at this point. 

Ron Paul's performance in Iowa is based in part on the amount of time and money he spent there.  His performance is NH is attributable largely to the NH demographics, which includes a number of libertarians.   

If he was truly a national candidate, he'd be in contention in SC and Florida.  He's not. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2012, 10:38:56 AM »
Mitt Romney, the candidate to settle for!    ;D

Beach Bum, hasn't Ron Paul done far better than you expected?

He has done much better than I expected. 

My opinion about his viability hasn't changed at all.  He has zero shot to get the nomination.

howardroark

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2012, 10:42:14 AM »
Being on the ballot in all 50 states doesn't necessarily make him a national candidate.  It's being competitive with enough money to win in every state that makes him (or anyone) a national candidate.  Romney is the only who can do that at this point. 

Ron Paul's performance in Iowa is based in part on the amount of time and money he spent there.  His performance is NH is attributable largely to the NH demographics, which includes a number of libertarians.   

If he was truly a national candidate, he'd be in contention in SC and Florida.  He's not. 

He is the only one with enough boots on the ground and enough money to run a national campaign... True, he doesn't have the backing of the MSM that he needs in order to easily win the nomination, but that doesn't change the fact that he is one of two national candidates. Besides, if your contention were true regarding Iowa and NH, he should have done much better in '08 than he did.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2012, 10:48:45 AM »
He is the only one with enough boots on the ground and enough money to run a national campaign... True, he doesn't have the backing of the MSM that he needs in order to easily win the nomination, but that doesn't change the fact that he is one of two national candidates. Besides, if your contention were true regarding Iowa and NH, he should have done much better in '08 than he did.

If by "national candidate" you mean he can appear on the ballot in every state, then I agree.  If you're trying to say he is a "viable" national candidate, then I disagree.  He's no more viable than the libertarian candidate who appears on the ballot in every state. 

I guess we'll find out in the next couple weeks if my opinion about Iowa and NH is correct, with primaries in SC and FL.  I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

soccerbill

• Getbig I
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2012, 10:51:49 AM »
Its up to everyone of us to do something to make him a national candidate.  The smallest of efforts multiplied by the millions of us that crave freedom can have a big effect.  And, uhmmm BraveHeart's speech --

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2012, 10:59:48 AM »

Ron Paul's message and clean record had nothing to do with it, not even a little?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2012, 11:13:11 AM »
Ron Paul's message and clean record had nothing to do with it, not even a little?

Sure. The problem is his message and a number of issues don't resonate with the Republican base, and they're the ones who will decide whether or not he gets the nomination. 

howardroark

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2012, 11:27:01 AM »

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2012, 12:30:13 PM »

Good response.  That's part of the reason he performs well.  He knows how to answer questions. 

Privately, he has to be high fiving his staff over Ron Paul's performance, because he's not nearly the threat pre-meltdown Newt, pre-debate Perry, or pre-scandal Cain would have been. 

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2012, 01:00:32 PM »

Don't know who that is, but I'd certainly hit it.  Than we would discuss politics for about 15 minutes, than I would hit it again.  ;D

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2012, 04:24:47 PM »
Good response.  That's part of the reason he performs well.  He knows how to answer questions. 

Privately, he has to be high fiving his staff over Ron Paul's performance, because he's not nearly the threat pre-meltdown Newt, pre-debate Perry, or pre-scandal Cain would have been. 

You didnt anser the question earlier though my man. Should the other candidates all drop out now becasue if Paul isnt going to win with his performance thus far, how will the others?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2012, 05:41:51 PM »
You didnt anser the question earlier though my man. Should the other candidates all drop out now becasue if Paul isnt going to win with his performance thus far, how will the others?

No he shouldn't drop out.  At least not yet.  I think he's good for the race (as I've said several times before).

Now Huntsman?  He should definitely quit.   

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2012, 06:23:15 PM »

I watched 10 minutes of X Factor one night and she came off as a real c*nt. But she is ridiculously hot and OK in my book now.  8)

She deleted the Paul endorsement, though.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2012, 06:50:22 PM »
I watched 10 minutes of X Factor one night and she came off as a real c*nt. But she is ridiculously hot and OK in my book now.  8)

She deleted the Paul endorsement, though.

Probably got attacks big time over it.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2012, 07:45:37 AM »

"Mitt Romney is on the glide path to the Republican nomination. But it is not escaping GOP notice that Romney's vote total in Iowa was the same as it was in 2008, and just 5 percentage points higher in New Hampshire than four years previous. Turnout among self-identified Republicans decreased in both states, even after more than three years of Barack Obama's misgovernance.

Ron Paul, on the other hand, more than doubled his vote total in Iowa, and tripled it in New Hampshire, largely by attracting nearly half of all independents and young voters. Paul has gotten twice as many votes as Newt Gingrich so far. In the Granite State, he received more votes than Gingrich, Rick Santorum, and Rick Perry combined."

http://www.cnn.com/2012/01/13/opinion/welch-paul-libertarianism/index.html?hpt=hp_bn9

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2012, 10:43:10 AM »
"Mitt Romney is on the glide path to the Republican nomination. But it is not escaping GOP notice that Romney's vote total in Iowa was the same as it was in 2008, and just 5 percentage points higher in New Hampshire than four years previous. Turnout among self-identified Republicans decreased in both states, even after more than three years of Barack Obama's misgovernance.

Ron Paul, on the other hand, more than doubled his vote total in Iowa, and tripled it in New Hampshire, largely by attracting nearly half of all independents and young voters. Paul has gotten twice as many votes as Newt Gingrich so far. In the Granite State, he received more votes than Gingrich, Rick Santorum, and Rick Perry combined."

http://www.cnn.com/2012/01/13/opinion/welch-paul-libertarianism/index.html?hpt=hp_bn9

He has definitely improved since 2008. 

Check out what I posted in this thread:  http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=367282.525

The exit polling showed a lot of support Huntsman and Paul got in NH did not come from conservative Republicans, and those are the people who will decide the nomination.