Author Topic: Crossfit....not just a fitness fad  (Read 14507 times)

Spidey

• Getbig III
Re: Crossfit...
« Reply #125 on: March 13, 2012, 01:42:18 AM »
Why I Resigned my Affiliation with CrossFit

John Sheaffer- Greyskull Barbell Club:

http://greyskullarticles.blogspot.com/2009/10/recently-ive-received-lot-of-emails.html

The same way i fell when i busting my ass off at the gym and a new girl comes in looking to loose the belly fat and the personal trainer makes her do Crunches! There are retarted coaches\trainers everywhere and in every sport! Like BigCyp said above, difference is crossfit appeal to a much larger number of people so a lot more of retards are going to pop out :p

purenaturalstrength

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #126 on: March 13, 2012, 02:34:08 AM »
Sorry for derailing your discussion, but have a look at these two instant classics here:

0:35

You can tell by this guy's hip drive that mark rippetoe joining crossfit shows results

Dreadlifter

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #127 on: March 13, 2012, 03:17:23 AM »
It makes me physically cringe to see so many of these clips. So many tears, sprains, strains, dislocations, missing teeth,  death waiting to happen.

So many people wanting to challenge and better themselves being taken for a ride by these fools.

ztinman

• Getbig II
« Reply #128 on: March 15, 2012, 04:21:43 PM »
0:35

You can tell by this guy's hip drive that mark rippetoe joining crossfit shows results

The guy behind him doesnt even say anything to him.. looks like layne norton squatting

purenaturalstrength

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #129 on: March 15, 2012, 04:23:21 PM »
The guy behind him doesnt even say anything to him.. looks like layne norton squatting
hahahaha good old layne

he can't squat another way because he's very tall  ::) ::) ::) ::)

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #130 on: March 15, 2012, 04:33:20 PM »

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: March 15, 2012, 07:20:39 PM »
I lifts sings up and puts them down for 4 sets of 4 excersizes

CichirelloMagnet

• Getbig II
« Reply #132 on: March 15, 2012, 10:00:23 PM »
Anyone who critiques the workouts, I'm curious if they've ever tried any, like "Fran" or "Grace" or "Isabel", to name a few.

Dr.J

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #133 on: March 15, 2012, 10:04:12 PM »
never did the/or got the whole tire flipping cult...

crossfit=filt
Mr. AZ 2003

magikusar

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Ayn Rand
Re: Crossfit - what is your opinion of it?
« Reply #134 on: March 20, 2012, 03:03:32 AM »
I think Crossfit needs 1 thing to make it perfect:  free.  Once it is free and just about people getting together to workout high volume calisthenics then great.  Girls getn in shape is good too.  The money thing is the bad part where jackoffs try and sell expensive monthly fee to dirty garage.  Also not a fan of the silly shit that can break your shins n other dumb shit.  My lil bro is a zombie for this assinisne crap and smashed his shin. 

magikusar

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Ayn Rand
Re: Crossfit....not just a fitness fad
« Reply #135 on: March 20, 2012, 03:12:23 AM »
the mind is an amazing thing: I mean to get mucle big you need to work it out, yet every yahoo seeks for a perfect way to stress the muscle when basic pushup or bench press fine.  Why all this fucking crazy dangerous shit?

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: March 20, 2012, 03:14:22 AM »
the top crossfit athletes would make coach their fucking bitch. and tha's just the ladies  :D

magikusar

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Ayn Rand
Re: CrossFit Twinks
« Reply #137 on: March 20, 2012, 03:21:21 AM »
Crossfitters are funny when they mention that someone has a 6 minute mile. Come on. That's 1:30 a lap. I once ran 2 laps with that pace and I have never been any fucking athlete.

fyi 4min mile is olympics level

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
Re: Coach:
« Reply #138 on: March 20, 2012, 04:54:15 AM »
Another fitness gimmick to rake in the coin.

gh15,aka Blockhead/Special Ed should out these liars/scammers on his new site which will be debuting in March of this year.  ;D

What is gh15 going to do say they are all drugs and then go on describing cycles since that's all he ever talks about. Besidea he is always busy and a very important man still has the victor martinez case he's working on ::)

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #139 on: March 20, 2012, 05:28:36 AM »
A six minute mile is fast for anyone except a track guy.  Anyone who says they are yawning through a 6 minute mile is full of shit or a really good runner. Most treadmills at top speed either go a 5 minute mile or a 6 minute mile.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: March 20, 2012, 09:08:26 AM »
6 minute mile is, in my opinion, basic conditioning for every single athlete. Every athlete should be able to do it, even golfers and such. Those athletes who are fit and need conditioning should aim for 5 minutes and under.

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: March 20, 2012, 09:31:56 AM »
6 minute mile is, in my opinion, basic conditioning for every single athlete. Every athlete should be able to do it, even golfers and such. Those athletes who are fit and need conditioning should aim for 5 minutes and under.

What utter bullshit!  Even some of the best conditioned athletes can't run anything under a 5 minute mile.  Like another poster said a 4 minute mile is out of this world.  "Conditioning" is subjective.  You think a well conditioned NFL player is the same as a well conditioned soccer player?  Both are in GREAT shape.  But put a soccer player under a squat rack or in full pads and he wouldn't last 5 minutes.  Put a football player in soccer shorts and cleats and well you'd probably win first spot on America's funniest videos.  Conditioning is relative to the sport you play.  No way your average NBA player would come close to running a 5 minute mile. 

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #142 on: March 20, 2012, 10:09:52 AM »
the top crossfit athletes would make coach their fucking bitch. and tha's just the ladies  :D

That's easy, coach is just about 5 feet short.   ::)

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: March 20, 2012, 10:16:21 AM »

yep, i can just see john daly smashing the 5 minute mile with ease

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: March 20, 2012, 10:57:19 AM »
Of course there are exceptions. Let me put it this way:

Basic athletic conditioning standard: 6 minute mile.
Basic athletic strength standards: 185 bench/275 squat/315 deadlift.

Achieving these standards helps you in your athletic and physical endeavours. Depending on the sport, athletes may or may not achieve them. Some might even be succesfull without achieving them while most/all of their competition achieves them, like that fat golf player. Doesn't mean the standards don't mean anything.

Crossfitter achieving basic athletic capability isn't something worth noting in my opinion.