Author Topic: SC finally getting the right idea about things  (Read 303 times)

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
SC finally getting the right idea about things
« on: January 11, 2012, 11:05:23 AM »
SC will not only drug test for unemployment but they may require community service.

http://news.yahoo.com/sc-senate-panel-approves-unemployment-bills-192025003.html

They need to this mandatory for welfare as well.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: SC finally getting the right idea about things
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 04:12:29 PM »
sheeet yea!!!!

LOL is this part of obamas plan to reduce the number of ppl on welfare by the election?

I kid, I kid

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 11:45:50 PM »
Didn't work out too well for Florida when this was proposed there.  Drug users on welfare only account for about 1-2% so I can't see how this is going to be an effective use of tax payer money just to get rid of a small group of individuals.

Instead, maybe they should start cracking down on "lifers" who stay on welfare without ever making an effort to find a job or pull themselves out of poverty.  Or crack down on the plethora of fraudulent claims and corruption in the system.  There's about a dozen other things that could be implemented to help people get off welfare and welfare reform if the government was actually interested in this issue.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 05:10:49 AM »
didn't work in florida.  it's nothing more than a vehicle for politicians on the far-right to rally their base.  Example:

"It's time to start pushing back," said Bryant, R-Anderson. "I can't base how I vote on a bill on what some activist, liberal judge is going to do."

He gets to shit on welfare, shit on activitst/liberals, and invoke action "time to start pushing back!"

In reality, this repub is proposing massive govt spending & involvement in people's lives based upon what we already know it's a huge factor (drug use by recipients).

There are probably 500 better places this guy could slash spending or entitlements, but he chooses the one that gets the blood boiling in his far-right donors.