Author Topic: Tag cloud analysis of Ron Paul and Mitt Romney's post NH primary speeches  (Read 789 times)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.

howardroark

• Getbig IV
  • Resident Objectivist & Autodidact
Is that Romney's cloud or Obama's?  ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
What exactly is the point? 

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V

lol, Figures. Duh.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
lol, Figures. Duh.

Exactly the response I expected.  lol 

At least from you.   :)

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
The point is Romney didnt actually say anything, just threw out a bunch of buzzwords practically identicle to the man in office now.
The point is Romney doesnt have any substance or passion behind him. He is just saying things he thinks people want to hear, and blames Obama. Like Obama blamed Bush.
Ron Paul should be slaughtering Romney, but its pretty hard when you have to fight the entire media, your party, and the candidate youre running against. Yeah his foreign policy hurts him, but his economic policy is what America NEEDS now if we want to survive and move forward.

Foreign policy isnt going to matter at all when/if our economy tanks.

howardroark

• Getbig IV
  • Resident Objectivist & Autodidact

Ron Paul is substance, Mitt Romney is not.

TheGrinch

• Getbig V

exactly why Romney will win..

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
The point is Romney didnt actually say anything, just threw out a bunch of buzzwords practically identicle to the man in office now.
The point is Romney doesnt have any substance or passion behind him. He is just saying things he thinks people want to hear, and blames Obama. Like Obama blamed Bush.
Ron Paul should be slaughtering Romney, but its pretty hard when you have to fight the entire media, your party, and the candidate youre running against. Yeah his foreign policy hurts him, but his economic policy is what America NEEDS now if we want to survive and move forward.

Foreign policy isnt going to matter at all when/if our economy tanks.

They all throw out buzz words.  Some mean what they say.  Some don't. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

And this is based on a "tag cloud"?  I've never heard of a tag cloud, but if it's just pulling individual words out of a speech, I'd say it doesn't mean much of anything.  Definitely doesn't make one candidate have more substance than the other. 

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
And this is based on a "tag cloud"?  I've never heard of a tag cloud, but if it's just pulling individual words out of a speech, I'd say it doesn't mean much of anything.  Definitely doesn't make one candidate have more substance than the other.  

It pulls the most relevant and frequently used words from the speeches minus stuff like, a, is, the, etc...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
It pulls the most frequently used word from the speech minus stuff like, a, is, the etc...

Thanks.  I don't think that's a good way to draw conclusions about a candidate.  Most of them don't even write their own speeches.  Better to just listen to everything they say, put the comments in context, and compare what they say with what they do.