Author Topic: If a natural freak like Andre the giant...  (Read 11501 times)

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
Re: If a natural freak like Andre the giant...
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2012, 01:14:45 PM »
Thread of epic bullshitting, giants have weaker hearts, and much weaker joints.

you just love coming in and reining down of everyones threads eh?

what made you snap like this??

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2012, 01:15:12 PM »
Andre the Giant was billed as 7'-4" but he was really only about 6'-11".  You can't believe anything anyone tied to pro wrestling tells you. They're all carnies at heart and as such they are born liars.

Back in the day, I worked at a Red Lobster with Pistol Pez Whatley's cousin.  Had a lot of the Georgia wrestling guys come through in like 83-84.  The Road Warriors were the biggest humans I'd ever seen to that point...until I quit being a pussy and started lifting heavy...  :)

MikMaq

« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2012, 01:16:46 PM »
you just love coming in and reining down of everyones threads eh?

what made you snap like this??
basic logic and reason, sorry if your sensitive to the  truth.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2012, 01:18:33 PM »
 8)

supernick

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2012, 01:19:38 PM »
All records today would be smashed and don't forget they could probably handle 5+ grams of gear with ease as well

Triple H once said in an interview that Paul White never bench presses ever and one day they where working out and Mark Henry was repping with 500 and big show walks over lies on the Bench crack out of few reps and walks a way like if it was nothing, then they tried to get him to go heavier but he wouldn't
really ?? I know hes huge, but i never really thought he was that strong.  By looking at him his knees look like there about to buckle under him.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2012, 01:20:34 PM »
Andre the Giant was billed as 7'-4" but he was really only about 6'-11".  You can't believe anything anyone tied to pro wrestling tells you. They're all carnies at heart and as such they are born liars.

Back in the day, I worked at a Red Lobster with Pistol Pez Whatley's cousin.  Had a lot of the Georgia wrestling guys come through in like 83-84.  The Road Warriors were the biggest humans I'd ever seen to that point...until I quit being a pussy and started lifting heavy...  :)
That basketball player was 7'6 look at the pic Andre was not 6'11

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2012, 01:22:14 PM »
worked out a lot, took loads of gear,hgh,insulin,etc etc  what kind of poundages could he have shifted? There was a thread earlier saying no human being could bench 300 kg for 10 ever, well ill bet a trained up geared up Andre could ve.

he would almost be as strong as a small monkey....
K

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2012, 01:23:29 PM »

baloni. Kevin Nash is a legit 6'11"

Paul White was a couple inches taller than Kev, and no doubt Andre was even taller than him. Their stats are exaggerated but not by that much. Think ive even heard people go as far to say Andre was only 6'8"  :D

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2012, 01:27:25 PM »
basic logic and reason, sorry if your sensitive to the  truth.
You are right because our atmosphere is diluted and Oxyegen is less dense, hence can't sustain them so there heart makes up for the lack and goes into overdrive but a couple thousand years ago the air was more Oxygen enriched and could sustain larger mammals as well, different atmospheric pressure yield different results, proof of this in every creature being bigger in the past from a dragonfly to an elephant

MikMaq

« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2012, 01:29:38 PM »
baloni. Kevin Nash is a legit 6'11"

Paul White was a couple inches taller than Kev, and no doubt Andre was even taller than him. Their stats are exaggerated but not by that much. Think ive even heard people go as far to say Andre was only 6'8"  :D
Depends on his age, andre toward the end slouched horribly, he might of been 7 1 tops in his twenties, but there's no way he was any taller, if he were 7 4 they would of billed him 7 8 to 8 foot.
But in either situation he was still a giant, his structure would of made even cutler look narrow. The limits of a two legged mammal is 1000 pounds tops, he wasn't far from this.

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2012, 01:33:51 PM »
Depends on his age, andre toward the end slouched horribly, he might of been 7 1 tops in his twenties, but there's no way he was any taller, if he were 7 4 they would of billed him 7 8 to 8 foot.
But in either situation he was still a giant, his structure would of made even cutler look narrow. The limits of a two legged mammal is 1000 pounds tops, he wasn't far from this.

Judging by that pic of him with Arnie, hes at least 6 inches taller than him even while holding him up off the ground. Arnold at 6' 2" would be about a whole foot shorter than Andre, so I would say 7' 2" is a safe guess. How tall is the other guy did someone said 7'6"??

MikMaq

« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2012, 01:43:35 PM »
he would almost be as strong as a small monkey....
Post of the year. As size goes up strength goes down. There's a very basic math formula where as height goes up, the length of a muscle as well as the weight of a muscle go up greatly. You can use four springs to demonstrate this theory. If you take four springs and tie two together side by side, and take another pair end to end.

l l
l l

you will get a spring that has the same strength as one singular spring.

that of course is with springs in reality the mass adds to this, so you get a decline in strength as size goes up.
This is why mammals that are large are generally under 10 feet in height, have four legs, with the majority of the weight going into vertical coloums like an elephants. The elephants muscles take none of the weight and merely move the pillars that are their legs.

Dinosaurs got around this by having hallow bones, joint insertions that were balances like on a cranes, and they ate vast amounts of food to keep going. They cut their caloric intake in half by being warm blooded, had the benefit of being on a tropical humid super continent and were around when the air was denser. 

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2012, 02:07:50 PM »
wilt chamberlain was 7'1"
Peak Andre was apparantly 7'4" but he died at 6'8" due to crippling pain that was making him hunch over and compression of the spine

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2012, 02:54:45 PM »
people with big bone structures are way stronger and the bigger the stronger. in the past there have been reports on tall people in aboriginal areas doing some crazy feats of strength. Artifacts found in Archaeology include 90 pound axes that have been actually used to cut down trees and spearheads in excess 0f 14 pound when the average is only 2 -3 pounds, and graves found of men that are ten feet tall with 150 pound coat of arms (*chain coat). One of the emperors of Rome was 9 feet tall, drank 5 liters of wine and eat 20 pounds of meat daily and could lift a 1000 pound stone off the ground relatively easy, not sure how much of this is exaggerated but if true these men would smash through 600 bench for ten with proper training to do so.

cool storys bro you should post more about this
A

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2012, 03:01:35 PM »

I would've liked to have seen him in a grip contest.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2012, 03:03:15 PM »
There is a high end all you can eat buffet near where I live called the Nordic Lodge. For $60 all the lobster, filet mignon, etc. you want. Back in the day Andre stopped in and on top of all the food he ate, he also drank a CASE of beer.
I think most normal people would die if they tried to drink a case.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • stuff for dumplings
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2012, 03:03:52 PM »
Andre took some legendary craps I bet.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2012, 03:37:21 PM »
. One of the emperors of Rome was 9 feet tall, drank 5 liters of wine and eat 20 pounds of meat daily and could lift a 1000 pound stone off the ground relatively easy
Yeah, I remember reading about Emperor Kegdrainolous in 10th grade history.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2012, 04:28:08 PM »

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2012, 04:32:33 PM »
I never did.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2012, 04:50:08 PM »
obviously you've never really drank beer before.

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2012, 04:50:50 PM »
On the wrestling board there are several clips showcasing Paul Wights strength at his peak, and it is terrifying to think a human being can do what he did. Im not talking about the presently fat out of shape Big Show, but the young and surprisingly muscular Giant leading onto the Big Show. His raw power was a sight to behold, his gym lifts could have been outstanding. Pressing Kane with relative ease, lifting a 300lb man up for a choke slam after being sand bagged, i always admired the man for his power.

Stavios

« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2012, 04:52:16 PM »
???

I drank a case of 24 quite a few times from lets say.. 5pm during diner to 2-3 am

io856

« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2012, 05:07:23 PM »
::)

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2012, 05:20:11 PM »
On the wrestling board there are several clips showcasing Paul Wights strength at his peak, and it is terrifying to think a human being can do what he did. Im not talking about the presently fat out of shape Big Show, but the young and surprisingly muscular Giant leading onto the Big Show. His raw power was a sight to behold, his gym lifts could have been outstanding. Pressing Kane with relative ease, lifting a 300lb man up for a choke slam after being sand bagged, i always admired the man for his power.

I remember when Buff Bagwell, who was around 250, jumped on Giants back off the top rope.. Was like a 6 year old jumping onto a grown mans back. Not a fuck was given by Giant, didnt even budge him lol

And drinking a case of American beer is easy, a case of Canadian beer required a little more experience. And Im sure that case was just small game warm up for Andre before moving on to kegs.