Author Topic: What has to change?  (Read 5999 times)

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Re: What has to change?
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2012, 02:34:10 PM »

I also believe that those specific facets from that era provided an added dimension interest, removing some of the "sting" out of watching wrestling.
The shows now had a little more substance than just "guys in spandex pretending to fight."

for those of us following on the net along with the shows it for sure did, but for the avg fan it was probably hazy and made little sense. 

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2012, 02:43:01 PM »
for those of us following on the net along with the shows it for sure did, but for the avg fan it was probably hazy and made little sense. 

Agree.
I also believe that was "part of" the beauty of Wrestling With Shadows.
In pulling the curtain way back and exposing that aspect of the business, I think it drew in a lot more people.

I will always maintain that wrestling - as it was "pre-Vince" - was dying.
As a purist, I hate to admit that, but I do belive it.
The admission that wrestling is a work resurrected a form of entertainment that was headed the way of Vaudeville.
I don't like everything the old man's done, but I think pro-wrestling was on its way out, regardless; Vince created a new interest.

I've said this enough times that it's probably become cliche: Vince McMahon is both the best AND worst things to happen to professional wrestling.

joseywaleshhh

• Getbig II
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2012, 03:43:18 PM »
I went to a TNA house show last week, it was fantastic. A 2 hour show with maybe 15 minutes of talking. I think the ROH product offers something similar, just enough storyline with plenty of wrestling.
The attitude era was the exception to the rule. Those people that were watching just for the storylines are gone and will not be back.
I just want more wrestling.