Author Topic: Vitor Belfort will fight Anthony Johnson (even though Johnson was 12lbs over)  (Read 3278 times)

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
Johnson was supposed to weigh in at 185..... But he stepped on the scale and he was 197.

The fight was not cancelled. Vitor made weight, and has agreed to fight. Vitor just said that he doesnt want Johnson to weigh more than 205 for the fight.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1023739-dana-white-says-anthony-johnson-is-unprofessional-for-missing-weight

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
  • President Barack Obama -- 2 Term U.S. President
This is not bodybuilding related.

Here is a link to the MMA/UFC section of the Getbig Forums:

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?board=29.0

Mods please remove this thread.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
This is not bodybuilding related.

Here is a link to the MMA/UFC section of the Getbig Forums:

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?board=29.0

Mods please remove this thread.

Dude you have more threads about overeem on this board than anyone in getbig history! Go die

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
He can kiss the UFC buh-bye.

20inch calves

• Getbig V

well he will get fined.i hate when this happens. i mean you know what u have to weigh..he should have been ready. he is suppose to be a pro
irongearco.com

20inch calves

• Getbig V
so is the blog i read right. johnson moved up a class and still couldn't make weight
irongearco.com

20inch calves

• Getbig V

actually he has done this twice. this will be his 3rd time not making weight
irongearco.com

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
According to Johnson’s manager, Glenn Robinson, Johnson awakened Friday at 191 1/2, easily within range to make the weight. But three hours before the start of the weigh-in, Johnson got ill and called a doctor.

“His coaches called Burt [Watson, the UFC site coordinator] and Burt called the doctor,” Robinson said. “The doctor had him drink a ton of fluid, just a ton of it. By the time he got to the point where he felt better, it was just 45 minutes before the weigh-in and there was no time to make it.”

Robinson said it was “a medical issue” and said that Johnson had “trained better and eaten healthier than he ever had. Johnson had struggled greatly in the past to make 170 and at UFC 104 in 2009, missed weight by five pounds.

But Robinson said Friday that Johnson apologized to White and was disappointed by missing, but said because it was a medical issue, there is nothing he could have done. Johnson was fined 20 percent of his purse, which will go to Belfort. He must re-weigh on Saturday morning and can not rehydrate to more than 205 pounds, per Belfort’s request. If he is over 205, the fight will be off.
V

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
27 pounds above his usual weigh in, that is embarrasing, Vitor is now in a no lose situation, if he loses, he has a valid reason

Swede!

• Getbig IV
  • www.letskillsometime.com Direct link in signature
27 pounds above his usual weigh in, that is embarrasing, Vitor is now in a no lose situation, if he loses, he has a valid reason

if he loses hes ...Fired.

If he wins he Might be allowed to stay

edit* just saw you said Vitor and not anthony.

Now I agree with you.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
Will be a good fight nonetheless!

Victor Balfour VS Antoine "Ramparts" Davis!

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
lol, "i dont want him to weigh more than 205 for the fight", pretty much shoots to shit the theory most MMA'ers have of "size and strength doesnt matter" ::)

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
lol, "i dont want him to weigh more than 205 for the fight", pretty much shoots to shit the theory most MMA'ers have of "size and strength doesnt matter" ::)

Vitor will weigh around that by the time of the fight. I was watching a segment about his diet. I guess he hired that dude Dolce to do it for him. He eats extremely clean and health right after the weigh in (day before the fight) he gets his body weight up 20 pounds in a matter of hours.

Swede!

• Getbig IV

Anthony should he Happy vitor still wants to fight. He could have called it of if he wanted to and still get paid.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
Anthony should he Happy vitor still wants to fight. He could have called it of if he wanted to and still get paid.

oh snap; vitor wouldve been paid either way??

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
Guess vitor isn't a coward after all.

Swede!

• Getbig IV
oh snap; vitor wouldve been paid either way??

I dont doubt that at all. Anthony cant screw vitor out of his pay like that for not making weight. And Vitor shouldnt be forced to fight someone that didnt make weight just to recieve his money (which he wasn't) so I assume he would have gotten paid either way.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
if he isnt a coward hed fight him if he weighed 150 or 250, just fight.

Swede!

• Getbig IV
if he isnt a coward hed fight him if he weighed 150 or 250, just fight.

::)

if you chose to fight at a certian weightclass you make that weight. You're a professional. Its your Job. And those are the Rules.
If anthony loses hoipefully he gets canned. 3rd time missing weight.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
::)

if you chose to fight at a certian weightclass you make that weight. You're a professional. Its your Job. And those are the Rules.
If anthony loses hoipefully he gets canned. 3rd time missing weight.
I agree, even if his handlers had to present a corpse on the scale, he should have made weight - Being in the process of severe dehydration and on the verge of death is absolutely no reason to not make weight for a ritualistic caveman fight for entertainment of rednecks.  These F*cking unprofessional fighters, how dare they take their health and survival into account when preparing for a fight.  ;D
V

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
 do not sign the contract for 185 if you are not able to make it

Swede!

• Getbig IV
I agree, even if his handlers had to present a corpse on the scale, he should have made weight - Being in the process of severe dehydration and on the verge of death is absolutely no reason to not make weight for a ritualistic caveman fight for entertainment of rednecks.  These F*cking unprofessional fighters, how dare they take their health and survival into account when preparing for a fight.  ;D
He had a long time to make sure he would Make Weight come fight day. so no. there's no excuse. especially when he has to cut 15 LESS pounds then he Usually do. I dont buy the "getting sick" either. You dont get sick but you're healthy enough to fight 48h later.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
I agree, even if his handlers had to present a corpse on the scale, he should have made weight - Being in the process of severe dehydration and on the verge of death is absolutely no reason to not make weight for a ritualistic caveman fight for entertainment of rednecks.  These F*cking unprofessional fighters, how dare they take their health and survival into account when preparing for a fight.  ;D
Oh cut the Bulshit, he has missed his mark 3 times, how come no other fighter has missed weight 3 time, unprofessional and should be severly consequenced, oh and about him almost being dead, you bought that line ;)

Swede!

• Getbig IV

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
Oh cut the Bulshit, he has missed his mark 3 times, how come no other fighter has missed weight 3 time, unprofessional and should be severly consequenced, oh and about him almost being dead, you bought that line ;)
I dont know that it is unprofessional per se, the dude is playing the weight game like everyone else, but hasn't mastered the art yet, I don't know that Dana will cut him though, the dude has some great fights left in him - he was only 1-2 pounds away one hour before weigh in - I cant imagine a doc suggesting rehydration unless close to meltdown, as bodybuilders, you should know, the most dangerous aspect to contest prep is water/electrolyte levels and the possibility of renal failure and even death - the fight game is even tougher than gay sport BB - you not only have to mess with your body composition weeks before the fight - you then have to lay your balls out there for all to see for only one man to win and one man to lose. There can be only one!
V