Author Topic: Most Devastating Bodybuilding Injury.  (Read 24241 times)

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
Re: Most Devastating Bodybuilding Injury.
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2012, 04:48:28 PM »
Are you sure about the sex part bro.......I`ve heard you were into short guys ?

No, no...

I prefer a taller, older gentlemen with a moustache who is really into fitness.

"1"

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2012, 04:58:00 PM »
No, no...

"1"
a rusty jeffers type,,,

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2012, 04:58:50 PM »
No, no...

"1"
Exit only my friend!  LOL  ;D

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2012, 04:59:20 PM »
a rusty jeffers type,,,

He's a cutie..

"1"

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2012, 05:03:14 PM »
He's a cutie..

"1"
Now I feel slighted!  :(

;D

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2012, 05:08:52 PM »
  The lungs work to suck air in by creating a difference in pressure due to vacuum. If you perforate one of your lungs, a vacuum is no longer present and the lungs cannot work. This is obvious. Without Oxygen, you die in minutes. So you are right that you won't die instantly, but for all practical effects it is the same.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Lungs wont do that on their own.....takes the diaphragm

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2012, 05:18:22 PM »
Sweetheart,

If left for a prolonged period of time, yes you can die from what is known as a tension pneumothorax (very rarely does this ever occur).  For the most part and in most situations, what you will develop is a pneumothorax (an accumulation of air between your lung and chest wall) on the side of the affected lung.  While dealing with a pneumothorax is no fun for anyone, you can certainly breathe while it's present.  What they do for such things depends mainly on the actual size of the pneumothorax, some cases are just kept in observation and resolve, while other cases require the insertion/placement a chest tube onto the affected side, which in turn restores the negative pressure needed for your lung to re-expand.

So, again, it is much more probable that a gym goer will suffer from a complete lesion to the C1-C7 cervical region of the spine, by way of a heavy squatting injury, that causes instant quadriplegia.

I love you sucky,
"1"

I believe it does talk about instant death from blunt force trauma to chest....

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1680107-overview

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2012, 05:27:16 PM »
I believe it does talk about instant death from blunt force trauma to chest....

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1680107-overview

Nope.  Not instant..

If I missed it, please point it out (I'm not proud or closed to learning, just gay), but in most medical cases (including gunshot wounds), patients are easily stabilized with chest tube insertion and resolvent of any pneumothorax.

"1"

Cashfan

• Getbig III
« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2012, 05:53:00 PM »
Blunt force trauma can cause commotio cordis, but it's rare and very different from the scenario Suckymuscle was rambling on about.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: January 17, 2012, 06:00:32 PM »
Nope.  Not instant..

If I missed it, please point it out (I'm not proud or closed to learning, just gay), but in most medical cases (including gunshot wounds), patients are easily stabilized with chest tube insertion and resolvent of any pneumothorax.

"1"

Thought I recall there being something like that in there.  There is the cases of undiagnosed heart conditions where blunt force trauma caused atrial fib (I think) and then death....but SMM was talking about ribs into lungs.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: January 17, 2012, 06:01:36 PM »
Damn,I feel dumb!  :(

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: January 17, 2012, 06:06:09 PM »
Damn,I feel dumb!  :(

You're smart in my eyes and quite handsome..

"1"

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: January 17, 2012, 06:07:49 PM »
;D

suckmymuscle

« Reply #63 on: January 17, 2012, 06:19:42 PM »
  If a rib perforates one of your lungs they collapse since they work by creating a vacuum which is no longer possible if there is a hole in the lung and you die in a few minutes at the most. END.OF.STORY. Get over it, fagggots.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: January 17, 2012, 06:21:13 PM »
I feel smarter now.  ;D

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: January 17, 2012, 06:30:14 PM »
I was expecting the Fux squat.
X

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: January 17, 2012, 06:31:18 PM »
Fuck squats,leg presses are superior. 

Sorry,I had to go there.  :)

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: January 17, 2012, 06:32:19 PM »

He'll be alright..

"1"

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #68 on: January 17, 2012, 06:33:26 PM »
Wow! Where did all the physicians come from?   

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #69 on: January 17, 2012, 07:10:23 PM »
I still remember the first time I seen that Photo - Career ender right there - this is how far some photographers and BB will go to get the perfect photo - unfortunately for Fux, this wasnt the perfect photo he wanted, but for the photographer Chris Lund, it is a goldmine photo in an alread impressive portfolio of work.

Fux tore All Four Quadricep Muscles In His Left Leg & His Pattella Tendon In His Right Leg.

Fux was rushed to a local hospital and later transferred to Eisenhower Medical Center in Rancho Mirage, near his Palm Springs home, where he underwent four hours of surgery. The doctor's prognosis: The left leg should recover fully, but the news was not so encouraging for his right leg. Once inside, the surgeon also discovered shredded cartilage that had been a scrambled mess for years. "Torn cartilage is normally not such a big deal," the surgeon told Fux, "but in your case, it's a big deal. I've never seen anything so bad in anyone so young. How were you able to walk before the accident?"

"The first nine weeks after the accident," he explains, "I couldn't even do therapy. I had to wait until my legs were fully healed. During that time, they had to be kept completely straight. After all those months on your back, you begin to wonder if you are even mentally--let alone physically--able to come back. You are aware of existing in a world that is diametrically opposite that of bodybuilding. You're totally inactive, so you lose focus. You have a sloppy meal and tell yourself it's OK this time, and that starts the slippery slope into compromise. It also becomes more and more difficult to believe you'll ever again be capable of eating right every day, all day, and training twice a day, even though that's what I love most about bodybuilding: the hard, ruthless, painful discipline. I absolutely love it.

The most depressing moment was my first day back home. I left the therapy center a little too early. When you're there, someone is always around to attend to you 24 hours a day, but back home, you don't even know how to begin to move or get out of the wheelchair. It's difficult to explain everything involved. My bed at home was much lower than the one at the hospital, so, at first, it took me 45 minutes just to lie down. Later, even with practice, it took me 40 minutes to get out of bed, go to the bathroom and go back to bed. I had to swing myself out of bed, put the braces on my legs, make it to the bathroom, going from one piece of furniture to another, then to my suitcase, the wall, the doorknob and whatever I could grab along the way, then reverse the process. When I went to the store, someone would have to take me in my wheelchair. It was all very depressing, and it changed every day. One day you're depressed and think you'll never walk again, but the next day, you notice the slightest hint of progress, maybe being able to bend your leg another degree and you think you're back in the game.

For the whole article: - it is a good read and a warning to every young mans ego in the gym.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0KFY/is_1_22/ai_113540586/

V

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: January 17, 2012, 07:47:32 PM »
Nasty shit right there!

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: January 17, 2012, 07:56:17 PM »
 If a rib perforates one of your lungs they collapse since they work by creating a vacuum which is no longer possible if there is a hole in the lung and you die in a few minutes at the most. END.OF.STORY. Get over it, fagggots.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Wrong....

Remember this guy...oh, what was his name...ummm.....yeah, Ronald Reagan....bullet lodged in lung.  He did not die within minutes.  Again, your lungs dont spontaneously move.  The act of "breathing" is due to the diaphragm and intercostal muscles.  They create a negative pressure thus allowing air into the lungs

suckmymuscle

« Reply #72 on: January 17, 2012, 08:05:54 PM »
Wrong....

Remember this guy...oh, what was his name...ummm.....yeah, Ronald Reagan....bullet lodged in lung.  He did not die within minutes.  Again, your lungs dont spontaneously move.  The act of "breathing" is due to the diaphragm and intercostal muscles.  They create a negative pressure thus allowing air into the lungs

And how will the negative pressure be produced if there is a hole in the lung, genius? How can you create negative pressure without a vacuum. And Ronald Reagan didn't have his lung perforated.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: January 17, 2012, 08:30:41 PM »
 And how will the negative pressure be produced if there is a hole in the lung, genius? How can you create negative pressure without a vacuum. And Ronald Reagan didn't have his lung perforated.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Hmm....I believe we have two lungs, last I checked....

He didnt have a lung perforated?  Odd....did the bullet just kind of snuggle up to the lung tissue?

http://www.nytimes.com/learning/general/onthisday/big/0330.html

"The hospital spokesman said surgeons removed a .22-caliber bullet that struck Mr. Reagan's seventh rib, penetrating the left lung three inches and collapsing it."

"Noting that Mr. Reagan's lung had been reinflated, Dr. O'Leary said that the President ''was never in any serious danger'' since the bullet did not damage the heart. Dr. O'Leary said Mr. Reagan probably would be hospitalized for about two weeks."

Yeah, you're right....he didnt have a lung perforated.   ::)  Just an FYI...Reagan didn't realize he was shot right away.  So, there was more than a few minutes that passed.  In fact, it wasnt until nearly an hour after he was shot that he went into surgery.

HTH

yesido

• Getbig II
« Reply #74 on: January 17, 2012, 08:42:09 PM »
Michael Gundill (co-author of the famous book "Strength Training Anatomy") shows how to strengthen the rotator cuff :