Author Topic: First Cyborg, now King Mo  (Read 1686 times)

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
First Cyborg, now King Mo
« on: January 17, 2012, 06:02:06 PM »
when will they ever learn?! c/o Chris Howie @ MMA News

Muhammal "King Mo" Lawal can be added to the list of fighters that have tested positive for steroids.

The former Strikeforce Light Heavyweight Champion failed a post fight screening following his January 7th win over Lorenz Larkin at Strikeforce: Rockhold Vs. Jardine.

NSAC Executive Director Keith Kizer confirmed the news to MMAMania.com. Lawal tested hot for anabolic steroids (Drostanolone).

All other fights that were tested for performance enhancing drugs and drugs of abuse came back clean.

Which ironically leads to this news breaker: UFC Announces Pre-Signing PED Tests

Ultimate Fighting Championship® announced today that all potential UFC® and STRIKEFORCE® signees will be subject to a mandatory pre-contract screening for performance-enhancing drugs. Beginning Jan. 1, 2012, all incoming athletes will be tested prior to finalizing a contract with the world's premier mixed martial arts organization.

UFC and STRIKEFORCE already work closely with regulators and athletic commissions to ensure the health and safety of athletes prior to competition. This includes contestants on The Ultimate Fighter®, all of whom are pre-screened for performance-enhancing drugs prior to participation.

All current UFC and STRIKEFORCE athletes will continue to be screened for performance-enhancing drugs, both prior to competition and at random, in accordance with athletic commission rules and regulations.

"We're committed to the health and safety of our athletes and we take it very seriously," UFC Chairman and CEO Lorenzo Fertitta said. "We already work closely with athletic commissions to protect our athletes and now we're taking it one step further. We're going to test any potential UFC or STRIKEFORCE fighter before finalizing their contract. This shows that we don't want performance-enhancing drugs in our sport."

"The health and safety of our athletes is our top priority," UFC President Dana White said. "We've seen the issues performance-enhancing drugs have caused in other sports and we're going to do everything we can to keep them out of the UFC and STRIKEFORCE. Our athletes are already held to the highest testing standards in all sports by athletic commissions. Our new testing policy for performance-enhancing drugs only further shows how important it is to us to have our athletes competing on a level playing field."

OneManGang

• Getbig IV
Re: First Cyborg, now King Mo
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 03:23:13 AM »
What about UFC's Palhares? This GH15 should be consulted about him.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 06:19:26 PM »
90% of mma uses.  I don't understand why it's a big deal in the first place. Let them use, it's for our entertainment!

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2012, 12:48:44 AM »
i don;t really like mo. i was disappointed in larkin though..i thought he would have a better showing
irongearco.com

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2012, 08:19:10 AM »
90% of mma uses.  I don't understand why it's a big deal in the first place. Let them use, it's for our entertainment!

I happen to agree.   The only reason they don't allow the fighters to use PEDs is purely political and has no medical or ethical basis.   The health risk are wildly overstated and even if they aren't who cares.  These guys have a right to put whatever they want into their bodies.  A fighters wants to put a potentially harmful substance in their body  in order to give them an edge, so be it.  The choice is theirs to make, and they assume all the responsibility for any damage done. Fighting by its very nature is bad for your health and potentially life threatening.

Hell, one of the reason Pride fights were so awesome is that the fighters were loaded on all the best stuff.
A

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2012, 10:13:03 PM »

I happen to agree.   The only reason they don't allow the fighters to use PEDs is purely political and has no medical or ethical basis.   The health risk are wildly overstated and even if they aren't who cares.  These guys have a right to put whatever they want into their bodies.  A fighters wants to put a potentially harmful substance in their body  in order to give them an edge so be it.  The choise is theirs to make, and they assume all the responsibility for any damage done. Fighting by its very nature is bad for your health and potentially life threatening.

Hell, one of the reason Pride fights were so awesome is that the fighters were loaded on all the best stuff.
Exactly!  Now guys like Rampage, wandy. and Cro-Cop are shit because the killer instinct is gone.  Juice played a big role.