Author Topic: Strange sounds heard all over the world, Faked?  (Read 6619 times)

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
Re: Strange sounds heard all over the world, Faked?
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2012, 05:46:39 AM »
It's the sounds of meltdown...

SmallPole

• Getbig III
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2012, 05:48:48 AM »

liberty

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2012, 06:22:58 AM »
Lets go ask the gh15wizard.......he'll know ...

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2012, 06:34:13 AM »
But is it as scary as this??

"1"

Damn good flick. (May contain adult themes.)  

So they've got the Beethoven reference "Fidelio" echoed by the plot.  I'm not much of a music theorist but I reckon the _--_ _- notes being played during the 'busted' scene at the orgy, and played again in chord, are an allusion to Schumann's ASCH notes and his Opus 9, Carnaval: Dance of the Masks.  I also lol @ "I'm In the Mood for Love" playing as soon as we see them outside the apartment, but I guess they were bound to fit that one in somewhere.

One of the best opening scenes ever filmed.  Nicole Kidman in that movie makes me feel like the forward Hungarian dude at the party.  Now THAT's how you proposition a woman.  Or anyone you intend to treat like one, I guess.  ;D

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2012, 06:58:40 AM »
But is it as scary as this??

"1"
Weird flick !

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2012, 06:59:28 AM »
Lets go ask the gh15wizard.......he'll know ...

8)

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2012, 08:17:20 AM »
wouldnt be a plane perhaps a supersonic plane creating sonic booms would it?
lol

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2012, 08:18:21 AM »
i say that because similar things happened along the eastern seaboard with the flight of the concord.

however this is gay and fake and gay

liberty

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2012, 08:20:04 AM »
Been going on for a while....happened during a few baseball games late last year.
Boatloads of this phenomena on you tube from all [arts of the globe....interesting stuff.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2012, 08:21:25 AM »
Scary shit............anything no one can explain is pretty fucking weird.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2012, 08:23:56 AM »
in the comments they say you hear 2 birds chirp at the same spot/tempo/cadence in all the clips.  Like they're just overdubbing the sounds.

some sort of viral marketing thing, or just a really cool prank?  who knows.

Aussie Duffman

• Getbig III
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2012, 08:30:54 AM »
i say that because similar things happened along the eastern seaboard with the flight of the concord.

however this is gay and fake and gay

[/youtube]
Herpes

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2012, 08:35:39 AM »

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2012, 08:56:08 AM »
No body realize we are living on board an interstellar ark? It's starting to break down now.. to bad.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2012, 09:37:13 AM »
fake...the vid where it is suposed to happen in a city is a dead give away, people would all go outside and gather to listen to that suposed noise,  random people walking dont even give a fuck, cause they re not hearing anything at all.... it's sound added over amateurishly filmed on purpose vids. Viral marketing for some shitty movie i guess.

Funny how all of this sounds exactly like what we ve seen/heard in recent sf/horror movies this last decade too.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2012, 10:04:35 AM »
Oh, well...

So, I looked at these videos from an audio-guys standpoint, and most of them seem pretty fishy.
I downloaded the videos, extracted the sound and analysed it using super secret pro audio toolz (Audacity):

Manitoba: This one is pretty ridiculous. The sounds don’t even sound like they where recorded with the rest of the audio. They even have a bit of digital delay added, which makes this even more obvious. Listen to the last part, after 41 seconds.
The sounds simply don’t fit in. A cityscape like this would have very spread out/distant reflections. So, lots and lots of subtle reverb. Listen to the hammer tapping.
Also, the sounds are too clean. You could never get a sound this clean with a camera mic. Especially on the low end. It’s just too good.
Ohh, and if you speed them up they sound exactly like when you scrape metal stuff with a violin bow. Add some digital reverb and delay, and you got it.

Dawson Creek:Speed it up, and its just some animal noises (sounds like a fucking safari). Boring. Also, a slowed down crash cymbal at 42 seconds. WTF? This was clearly added in post (well no shit), since it’s frequencies reach up beyond 10khz, and the camera recording already stops at 5.5 khz. And again, knowing how bad camera mics are at picking up low frequencies, these sounds would have to very loud to appear this clear.

Alberta: The supposed volume (it would have to be very loud to be able to be heard in an entire forest) simply does not fit with the reverb and frequency range of the sound. It sounds like it was played from small shitty speakers (mobile phone) next to the camera. Here the total lack of low end is suspicious. The sound bottoms out at around 500hz, and even a shitty camera can do better than that.
If you speed it up, it sounds like the same metal scraping sounds from the first video.

Kiev: Same thing as with the first video. (Insert: Actually Kiev came first) Almost exactly the same sounds/method.
Again, frequency response of camera does not fit with the sounds. Notice how the “tinnyness” of the camera mic is completely absent from the sounds? It just sounds too good. The Alberta guys at least made it sound shitty. Come on guys… You can do better than that.
Also, nobody else notices the sounds? They just keep an walking while it sounds like Godzilla is raping their city? Come on.

Denmark:No idea, could be anything. Sounds good and really fits into the video. Then again, if nobody hat told me to notice the “strange sound”, I probably would not have even thought about it.

Montreal: What the fuck people, this is exactly the same sound that has been overlayed onto the first video. Come on. At least put some more effort into it. The delay/echo at the end is even more obvious in this one.

Virginia: No idea, but does definitely not sound like it’s coming from the ground. And a high pitched, hissy, sound definitely does not feel “like the ground was shaking”. When you speed it up, it sounds a bit like air escaping from something, or blowing over something.
Also, who would record a video like that? This is stupid.

Colorado: Just some sound effect overlayed onto the video. The stereo position does not even change when he turns around. It’s always exactly the same sound. Always comes from the right, even when he turns around. Bad. They could have at least added some panning to the thing.

Costa Rica: No idea. The first and second part sound pretty good. The last part seems a bit strange, but the loud click at 1:35 correctly applied dynamic range compression to both the background noise and the strange sounds. This seems like something you would easily miss when adding sounds in post. Then again, they could have just recorded it from some speakers.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2012, 10:07:33 AM »

Aussie Duffman

• Getbig III
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2012, 10:08:02 AM »
Well there goes the gypsy's "underground drilling" theory...
The Gypsies are the least of our worries its the lebanese building their tunnels from kebab shop to kebab shop smuggling their illegal trade .

These tunnels have been refered to as  "KEBABIRINTHS"
Herpes

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2012, 11:25:13 AM »
fake...the vid where it is suposed to happen in a city is a dead give away, people would all go outside and gather to listen to that suposed noise,  random people walking dont even give a fuck, cause they re not hearing anything at all.... it's sound added over amateurishly filmed on purpose vids. Viral marketing for some shitty movie i guess.

Funny how all of this sounds exactly like what we ve seen/heard in recent sf/horror movies this last decade too.
No not fake at all, 100% real and unexpanable as of yet.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2012, 11:31:32 AM »
I heard people saying that the sound is the plates moving. But, how come no one has heard them sound like this before???
A

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2012, 11:33:34 AM »

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2012, 12:08:37 PM »
It`s the ghost of Jimi doing his reverb thing!!