Author Topic: I am getting sick of conservative radio  (Read 818 times)

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
I am getting sick of conservative radio
« on: January 18, 2012, 04:50:43 AM »
Look, I have said it a million times; I am not in 100% agreement with Ron Paul on every single issue.
I don't like his reactive ideas on national security, his obscure views on foreign policy, his isolationism or his semi delusional outlook on diplomatic affairs.
But, as we all know, just as Osama figured out when he came to office, the facts on the ground are very different than what they might appear to be from the outside looking in. So even Paul's most outspoken policy proposals visa vi terrorism and national security are not in all likelihood going to take shape completely-- even if he were elected president.

Some things will be scrapped for sure-- I’m sure that the TSA will take a much needed haircut, the military and intelligence budget will be contracted and the money will be directed elsewhere ( and spent more intelligently) and some of this country's most useless government agencies will be 86'd (DHS for one).  I sincerely believe that the inherent corruption in this country’s military industrial complex will be seriously curtailed under Paul as well. Most importantly, under Paul nobody gets our money anymore.

As we have witnessed throughout American history, we set up friendly dictatorships and dump billions of dollars of aid to third world hell holes only for the dictator/ military leadership to be overthrown by a resentful and often barbaric populous who in turn steal all of the resources, wealth and weapons that were paid for with our tax dollars.  Next, the new ruling hierarchy directs those resources into setting up an anti-American government or a government that is a threat to American interests or neighboring countries (Egypt).  The alternative scenario is just as unpalatable. The friendly dictator plays both sides, steals our money and then uses our money to attack us or threaten regional stability (Pakistan).

We would leave the most corrupt, inept and criminal organization in the world – the UN. We would secure our borders and take back our national sovereignty. We would take the leash off of Israel. So, when you take the bad with the good, the end result of Paul’s policy ideas is a wash IMO.
Now, having said that, my calculation is based on the assumption that we can take Paul at his word for every single idea he has proposed in the national security/ defense/ foreign policy arena. But do you really think that if Paul gets elected he stops bringing it to Al Queda? Would he stop using drone attacks completely? Would he shut down gitmo? I would bet anyone on here any amount of money that  the answer to those questions is NO.

We can sit here all day and discuss Paul’s honesty and convictions and brilliance regarding domestic fiscal, monetary and economic policy. That’s his strong point and he buries the entire GOP field and Osama on those issues by a mile.
So why is everyone on our side going out of their way to kill this guy?

Paul is appealing to the younger generation of potential GOP voters. People like me. Living in NYC my whole life, it has always been a chore to discuss politics with the mindless droves of know nothing left wing sycophants that walk around smelling their own asses and high fiving each other in a smug exercise of self-congratulatory ignorance.  You say you’re a republican and people look at you as if they’re not sure whether they should call the police, or ask if you need hug therapy. Now suddenly, for the first time in my whole life I am seeing a vocal contingency of libertarians sprouting up across NYC. Paul bumper stickers on cars and campaign signs on people’s lawns and front doors—it’s truly remarkable. Even this ultra-left wing chick I fuck around with from time to time made the comment to me a few weeks ago—“Can’t you say that you just support Ron Paul instead of telling everyone you’re a Republican”?

Paul is bringing the libertarian mindset into mainstream GOP politics and that is exactly what the party needs right now. In 2008 part of why Osama won was because of the youth turn out. Could you imagine the evangelists/ family value Republican types, right leaning centrists, independents, left on social issue fiscal conservatives, tea party types, the elderly,  big business capitalist and country club Republicans, veterans/ military personnel, blue collar middle class GOP voters AND the youth/ libertarian voting bloc all flying under the same banner? That is America people—the people who matter, the people who contribute, the people who pay taxes, the past, present and future of this nation.
The Democratic Party would cease to exist in national elections and in most local elections they would have their asses handed to them.
Paul is not going to become President and I don’t think he ever intended to win in the first place. He isn’t going to run as a third party candidate because he doesn’t want to alienate his supporters or turn his son into a pariah. I truly believe his mission is to transform America by transforming the GOP.

I like Rush, but he needs to beat up Newt and that moron Rick Perry.

I like Levin, but he needs to get a life. If Ron Paul is the GOP candidate pissing you off the most, you must not be paying close attention to the rest of the horror show that is on stage at these debates.

Hannity is just an outright moron and I don’t listen to his show, so that’s a moot point.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Re: I am getting sick of conservative radio
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 09:57:11 AM »
Here fucking here.
The thing that drives me nuts is the majority of Americans are pretty centered between both parties.
However their voices are drowned out by the much louder screaming minorities on both the extreme left and right wings.
Couple that with the parties getting further and further away from center, and the quiet majority getting sick of it.

The public is crying out for a return to common sense and sensibility, a return to the middle ground, and a return to what made this nation great.
Its time to get someone or something in hear to break us free from this 2 party political jail cell we have ourselves in.
The only problem with that, is that the 2 parties control almost everything we see, we hear, and we know, and theyd rather sink the ship than allow someone else to change their little party of corruption and power politics.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 10:11:59 AM »
Look, I have said it a million times; I am not in 100% agreement with Ron Paul on every single issue.
I don't like his reactive ideas on national security, his obscure views on foreign policy, his isolationism or his semi delusional outlook on diplomatic affairs.
But, as we all know, just as Osama figured out when he came to office, the facts on the ground are very different than what they might appear to be from the outside looking in. So even Paul's most outspoken policy proposals visa vi terrorism and national security are not in all likelihood going to take shape completely-- even if he were elected president.

Some things will be scrapped for sure-- I’m sure that the TSA will take a much needed haircut, the military and intelligence budget will be contracted and the money will be directed elsewhere ( and spent more intelligently) and some of this country's most useless government agencies will be 86'd (DHS for one).  I sincerely believe that the inherent corruption in this country’s military industrial complex will be seriously curtailed under Paul as well. Most importantly, under Paul nobody gets our money anymore.

As we have witnessed throughout American history, we set up friendly dictatorships and dump billions of dollars of aid to third world hell holes only for the dictator/ military leadership to be overthrown by a resentful and often barbaric populous who in turn steal all of the resources, wealth and weapons that were paid for with our tax dollars.  Next, the new ruling hierarchy directs those resources into setting up an anti-American government or a government that is a threat to American interests or neighboring countries (Egypt).  The alternative scenario is just as unpalatable. The friendly dictator plays both sides, steals our money and then uses our money to attack us or threaten regional stability (Pakistan).

We would leave the most corrupt, inept and criminal organization in the world – the UN. We would secure our borders and take back our national sovereignty. We would take the leash off of Israel. So, when you take the bad with the good, the end result of Paul’s policy ideas is a wash IMO.
Now, having said that, my calculation is based on the assumption that we can take Paul at his word for every single idea he has proposed in the national security/ defense/ foreign policy arena. But do you really think that if Paul gets elected he stops bringing it to Al Queda? Would he stop using drone attacks completely? Would he shut down gitmo? I would bet anyone on here any amount of money that  the answer to those questions is NO.

We can sit here all day and discuss Paul’s honesty and convictions and brilliance regarding domestic fiscal, monetary and economic policy. That’s his strong point and he buries the entire GOP field and Osama on those issues by a mile.

Paul is appealing to the younger generation of potential GOP voters. People like me. Living in NYC my whole life, it has always been a chore to discuss politics with the mindless droves of know nothing left wing sycophants that walk around smelling their own asses and high fiving each other in a smug exercise of self-congratulatory ignorance.  You say you’re a republican and people look at you as if they’re not sure whether they should call the police, or ask if you need hug therapy. Now suddenly, for the first time in my whole life I am seeing a vocal contingency of libertarians sprouting up across NYC. Paul bumper stickers on cars and campaign signs on people’s lawns and front doors—it’s truly remarkable. Even this ultra-left wing chick I fuck around with from time to time made the comment to me a few weeks ago—“Can’t you say that you just support Ron Paul instead of telling everyone you’re a Republican”?

Paul is bringing the libertarian mindset into mainstream GOP politics and that is exactly what the party needs right now. In 2008 part of why Osama won was because of the youth turn out. Could you imagine the evangelists/ family value Republican types, right leaning centrists, independents, left on social issue fiscal conservatives, tea party types, the elderly,  big business capitalist and country club Republicans, veterans/ military personnel, blue collar middle class GOP voters AND the youth/ libertarian voting bloc all flying under the same banner? That is America people—the people who matter, the people who contribute, the people who pay taxes, the past, present and future of this nation.
The Democratic Party would cease to exist in national elections and in most local elections they would have their asses handed to them.
Paul is not going to become President and I don’t think he ever intended to win in the first place. He isn’t going to run as a third party candidate because he doesn’t want to alienate his supporters or turn his son into a pariah. I truly believe his mission is to transform America by transforming the GOP.

I like Levin, but he needs to get a life. If Ron Paul is the GOP candidate pissing you off the most, you must not be paying close attention to the rest of the horror show that is on stage at these debates.

Hannity is just an outright moron and I don’t listen to his show, so that’s a moot point.

That's great commentary George.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, 12:54:11 PM »
People like me. Living in NYC my whole life, it has always been a chore to discuss politics with the mindless droves of know nothing left wing sycophants that walk around smelling their own asses and high fiving each other in a smug exercise of self-congratulatory ignorance.  You say you’re a republican and people look at you as if they’re not sure whether they should call the police, or ask if you need hug therapy. Now suddenly, for the first time in my whole life I am seeing a vocal contingency of libertarians sprouting up across NYC. Paul bumper stickers on cars and campaign signs on people’s lawns and front doors—it’s truly remarkable. Even this ultra-left wing chick I fuck around with from time to time made the comment to me a few weeks ago—“Can’t you say that you just support Ron Paul instead of telling everyone you’re a Republican”?

________________________ _______________

Ha ha ha - so true - I saw two Ron Paul stickers in the CVS parking lot near me.   Granted there were two "2012" stickers as well, but the hood is mostly black to begin with.   

As far as Hush, Vanity, and Levin go - you are right - they suck lately.   Water carriers for the GOP. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 01:05:33 PM »
As far as Hush, Vanity, and Levin go - you are right - they suck lately.   Water carriers for the GOP. 

They've always done this.  They've always propped up the big business candidate that will keep the spending constant.  Mittens is a total toolbag, he's the biggest liberal of the 5 in the race still, and suddenly these hosts are 'warming up' to Romney.  In another month they'll talk about how Romney was "smart" to "infiltrate" the mass govt system to "undermine that liberal agenda". 

(*and yes, disclaimer, the left does it too, we all know this, no need to redirect thread by saying it's okay because msnbc does....)

Ron Paul 2012 = a great change for america, an a stop to the insane spending.  GW is 1000% right in this thread. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2012, 02:24:41 PM »
Here fucking here x2

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2012, 04:57:19 PM »
Great write up man and I  agree with everything but one point and I hope this sheds a little light. Switzerland is non interventionist and is what Ron advocates. Isolationist is north Korea and that is not what Ron is talking about. Not a perfect example but closer to the truth.

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2012, 07:25:41 AM »
try TVLand
Betty White is a hoot on Hot in Cleveland.
w

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2012, 08:23:45 AM »

Cliffs Notes muthafucka, do you have them!!!!!!!!!!

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2012, 01:26:36 PM »
Good post.

8)

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2012, 02:17:46 PM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2012, 02:19:32 PM »
thank you

can't you read bro?  Are a few paragraphs too daunting a task? 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2012, 02:20:51 PM »
can't you read bro?  Are a few paragraphs too daunting a task? 
its a fucking joke little guy...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2012, 02:45:24 PM »
its a fucking joke little guy...

Yeah whatever - tell your boy andre to meet my at NYSC and report back. 

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2012, 05:42:09 AM »

Very nice post...I knew you had it in you after 1000 "racist post reported" posts...I basically agree with your commentary...Ron Paul has some very interesting ideas....but he will always say something to show that he is a loon and shoot himself in the foot...the only problem I have with your opinion is with your take on Israel....letting them off the leash, so to speak would mean that we would get blamed for all the reckless shit that Israel would do.....

Also Rush is an idiot and a Felon...

But overall your opinion piece is very good...kudos!!
However, I am ashamed that you and I are in the  same city ;)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2012, 05:48:01 AM »
Andre - I am heading off to Bronx Supreme Court for a trial.   The criminal court is across the Grand Concourse as I am sure you are well aware.   Do you want me to handle your arraingment this morning on the criminal calendar?   

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2012, 06:47:44 AM »
Andre - I am heading off to Bronx Supreme Court for a trial.   The criminal court is across the Grand Concourse as I am sure you are well aware.   Do you want me to handle your arraingment this morning on the criminal calendar?   

FUNNY....but if this were the case, I would definitely take the most ill-equipped, legal aid attorney fresh out of law school before I'd let you handle my case..LOL ;)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2012, 07:10:46 AM »

cancel that trial, 33.  we got shit to handle here on getbig.  who's gonna win SC?  Is newt seriously believing we believe he didn't want a side dish?  santorum - he looked the best last night, didn't he?  ron paul - repubs are just plain dogshite stupid to be ignoring him.

tell the judge he can occupy your ballsack if he's willing to let some silly trial get in the way of our political discourse, less than 24 hours before the SC primary!!!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2012, 07:13:18 AM »
cancel that trial, 33.  we got shit to handle here on getbig.  who's gonna win SC?  Is newt seriously believing we believe he didn't want a side dish?  santorum - he looked the best last night, didn't he?  ron paul - repubs are just plain dogshite stupid to be ignoring him.

tell the judge he can occupy your ballsack if he's willing to let some silly trial get in the way of our political discourse, less than 24 hours before the SC primary!!!

There is a long damn calendar this morning.  Motions and OSC first.  I might not even a get a trial today since a few summary judgments are on.   Stupid case too.   Homeowner is trying to rip off a plumbing client.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2012, 07:15:50 AM »
Homeowner is trying to rip off a plumbing client.

joe the plumber?