Author Topic: Suicide - would you ever consider it?  (Read 28726 times)

Stark

• Getbig V
Re: Suicide - would you ever consider it?
« Reply #200 on: March 26, 2013, 07:27:56 AM »
My neighbor, 46 year old dude, drank himself to death. Evidently he was downing a half gallon of vodka a day and went to the hospital with stomach problems or whatever. Anyway, he had. 20% liver function and still didn't stop. Fucking moron, he had kids.

Thats an addiction.

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #201 on: March 26, 2013, 08:11:37 AM »
I haven't noticed anything wrong with thinking about suicide on a daily bases, picturing how you will do it, and what you need to do before to prepare etc. I find that's normal and safe.

But when you're staring to considering it, then you run the risk of it being abnormal and unsafe.

So the moral of the story, if you want to do it you wouldn't think of it so much and just do it. That's how I know I'm normal and safe.

And it will also make you miss your next workout. And other reoccurring things that you might enjoy.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #202 on: March 26, 2013, 08:27:22 AM »
 :)

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #203 on: March 26, 2013, 09:53:31 AM »
Everyone has probably thought of it or killing someone....but hardly anyone acts on it.

If this wasn't true, horror movies and shows like CSI probably wouldn't exist.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #204 on: March 26, 2013, 09:54:17 AM »
Every time the GH15 thread pops up on my refresh, I contemplate it... Most definitely.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #205 on: March 26, 2013, 10:00:32 AM »
I would NEVER consider it.  If there are people who love you out there, or care about you, doing something like that is pathetic, selfish and fucks up many people, more than they ever think.  You always have good days and bad days.  It sucks.  And unfortunately, it affects a lot of people.  Especially when they hurt more than themselves.

Don't forget about Dave Jacobs, who killed a beautiful girl and someone people cared about because he couldnt deal with shit, and then killed himself.

A few months ago, an ex-coworker of mine, who worked with me for 4 years a long time ago, killed himself.  Hanged. WTF?  My age.  The guy had two kids, a young daughter, age 5.  WTF was he thinking? Because he was going through a divorce. Because his ex was driving him crazy? Never one did he stop to think about his kids, and how much they loved him, and how they will have to live with this ever day on what he did.   Bobb Giacobbe was his name.  One of our first sales rep.  Was things that bad in life?

And then there was Figure Olympia Jennifer Gates, who was separated and getting a divorce from her husband, who also killed himself too.  WTF? They had a daughter too.  Pure selfish acts.  Jennifer has since remarried and the son and daughter in a loving family home.

So if you know someone who is even contemplating it, urge them get talk it out, to anyone - because often, they are in a state of depression that is very hard to get out of at that moment.

What does Dave jacobs offing his family have to do with suicide, that's murder namely homicide.

You have no obligation to suffer for others to enjoy you, that is the most selfish act I can think of. Hey your life is a living torture, but keep suffering because I love you.

Suicide is not selfish and usually people who commit it are wrought with the guilt of the effects it will have on others. It should be a last resort obviously, but it is a real option.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #206 on: March 26, 2013, 10:06:10 AM »
I have considered suicide in my darkest moments, but then the Lord Jesus Christ changed my heart and brought joy to my life and those days of suicidal contemplation and darkness are merely a thing of the past.

PRAISE GOD that he broke me down, took me through the fire and rebuilt me from the inside out!!!   ;)

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #207 on: March 26, 2013, 10:09:49 AM »
I know nobody mentioned it in the Nassar thread, but i'd bet the house that he took his own life in the end.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #208 on: March 26, 2013, 10:33:31 AM »
We can always get Terry involved if you want to go down.

daddy8ball

• Getbig III
  • Violence is not the answer. It is the question.
« Reply #209 on: March 26, 2013, 10:42:17 AM »
If you were going to be captured and tortured to death by a Mexican cartel, or Comanches then I think quite a few would not only consider it, but actually do it.
The answer is "yes".

MikMaq

« Reply #210 on: March 26, 2013, 11:26:22 AM »
As long as we have people on earth who are so stubborn and naive to believe that Mental Illness doesn't really exist and every brain is basically the same, we will continue to have a pathetic society with closeted lying homo's like Tom Cruise getting a major voice to the public at large.
Agreed.

i get a kick out of normal people thinking they understand the real shit.

Getting depressed, after a girl breaks up with you, or because your stuck in shit job is one thing.

Its seriously difficult to even explain the level of misery some folk have.

IT has nothing to do with what there thinking, not there beliefs in god, or anything happening in teh real world.

Some people just feel awful, for no god dam reason.

For me the biggest lesson of my entire life, is that I feel miserable nearly 90 percent of the day, for no dam reason.

In fact apparently I have an abornormally high pain threshold which is why I don't  some severe damage to my tendons without being aware of it.

And that's even when I'm blisffully happy.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #211 on: March 26, 2013, 11:31:09 AM »
Would you ever consider it?
of course, but it's the cowards way out .
F

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #212 on: March 26, 2013, 11:36:32 AM »
If you were going to be captured and tortured to death by a Mexican cartel, or Comanches then I think quite a few would not only consider it, but actually do it.
^^
GOOD EXAMPLE!!!

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #213 on: March 26, 2013, 02:22:40 PM »
Like my main man Nietzsche once said:

"The thought of suicide is a powerful solace: by means of it one gets through many a bad night."

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #214 on: March 26, 2013, 05:56:33 PM »
I had a running feud with a club bouncer. One day this bouncer sets 4 people onto me. I wind up in the hospital. For the next few weeks I was consumed with how I would get revenge on him. Then I hear he has hung himself.

I have thought about it a lot and I doubt I contributed to his decision. But it does make you wonder about peoples thought process.

If I was going to kill myself I would first drain my bank account and go on a huge bender. If I survived that, then take out a mortgage and go on an even bigger bender.

You should watch the film "Leaving Las Vegas" (1995) staring Nicolis Cage and Elizabeth Shue. You may think twice about going out on a bender.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #215 on: March 26, 2013, 06:05:15 PM »
What does Dave jacobs offing his family have to do with suicide, that's murder namely homicide.

You have no obligation to suffer for others to enjoy you, that is the most selfish act I can think of. Hey your life is a living torture, but keep suffering because I love you.

Suicide is not selfish and usually people who commit it are wrought with the guilt of the effects it will have on others. It should be a last resort obviously, but it is a real option.

There are those who would disagree with you when you suggest that suicide is not selfish, namely those close friends and/or family which are left behind to forever wonder if there was something they could have done to prevent the suicide.

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #216 on: March 26, 2013, 06:18:25 PM »
I cannot self terminate...

MikMaq

« Reply #217 on: March 26, 2013, 06:53:40 PM »
There are those who would disagree with you when you suggest that suicide is not selfish, namely those close friends and/or family which are left behind to forever wonder if there was something they could have done to prevent the suicide.
SPare me this bullshit. There are tons of abussive assholes, that would forever add to the betterment of mankind by simply tieing a knot.

That's ignoring the fact that most of these so called friends and families are fucking shit bags.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #218 on: March 26, 2013, 09:44:55 PM »
SPare me this bullshit. There are tons of abussive assholes, that would forever add to the betterment of mankind by simply tieing a knot.

That's ignoring the fact that most of these so called friends and families are fucking shit bags.

I don't know you except from your posts here. Judging from what you just posted, you have an exceptionally miserable life. It is a shame that all you can say about friends and family is that they are "shit bags." This doesn't bode well for your friends and family relationships.

As for "abusive assholes" ridding themselves of this life, if but that were true. Unfortunately, at least some folks who choose to end their own lives are actually very sensitive and caring people....sometimes too much so, which is why they can't see themselves continuing to live among the abusive assholes who have treated badly and who will continue to do this to others for sometime after their victims have succumbed to the final decision.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #219 on: March 27, 2013, 12:24:04 AM »
Sad, sad state of affairs... if that is truly what this fallen world has come to.

If you are feeling depressed and it has escalated to the point of wanting everything to end: GET HELP!

There are so many easy ways to do this.

Need help? In the U.S., call 1-800-273-8255
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline

Talk to someone. Take direction and get control.

Spirituality is everything. Look into it. You were not put on this earth to suffer.

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #220 on: March 27, 2013, 05:54:14 PM »
Sad, sad state of affairs... if that is truly what this fallen world has come to.

If you are feeling depressed and it has escalated to the point of wanting everything to end: GET HELP!

There are so many easy ways to do this.

Need help? In the U.S., call 1-800-273-8255
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline

Talk to someone. Take direction and get control.

Spirituality is everything. Look into it. You were not put on this earth to suffer.

Good stuff man

Depression is a bitch. But there are ways to lessen the pain.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #221 on: March 28, 2013, 03:24:53 AM »
some people are actually better off killing themselves

it's cruel to talk them out of it

You know different people than I do.

Personally, I would much rather go out at the top of my game then to succumb to feeling like a failure and having no reason to go on. But then, I am not likely to commit suicide unless I was suffering from a fatal ailment which would result in a downward spiral. Like I said, I want to be at the top of my game.

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #222 on: March 28, 2013, 03:28:01 AM »
Suicide is such a waste, it would be better to go out in a blaze of glory taking some of this corrupt society with you.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #223 on: March 28, 2013, 05:52:12 AM »
You know different people than I do.

Personally, I would much rather go out at the top of my game then to succumb to feeling like a failure and having no reason to go on. But then, I am not likely to commit suicide unless I was suffering from a fatal ailment which would result in a downward spiral. Like I said, I want to be at the top of my game.
Tim Flock was old nascar racing driver he got cancer the doctors asked if he wanted radiation he said no "no just give me a fifth of Jack Daniels whiskey" true story.

MP

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy metal. The only way.
« Reply #224 on: March 28, 2013, 05:52:48 AM »
Suicide is such a waste, it would be better to go out in a blaze of glory taking some of this corrupt society with you.

Um ... no.