Author Topic: Suicide - would you ever consider it?  (Read 28722 times)

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Suicide - would you ever consider it?
« Reply #225 on: March 28, 2013, 06:33:02 AM »
i have a list in my room of everyone who ever did me wrong, if/when i decide to end it all i will seek these people out n stab them in the liver with an ice pick n laugh at them while they r dying. if i do decide to end i will first take a ton of xanax, then shoot myself in the head, after that i will drive to the bridge near my house n jump, soon after i jump off bridge i will slit my wrist while im free falling
R

MikMaq

« Reply #226 on: March 28, 2013, 07:05:19 AM »
I don't know you except from your posts here. Judging from what you just posted, you have an exceptionally miserable life. It is a shame that all you can say about friends and family is that they are "shit bags." This doesn't bode well for your friends and family relationships.

As for "abusive assholes" ridding themselves of this life, if but that were true. Unfortunately, at least some folks who choose to end their own lives are actually very sensitive and caring people....sometimes too much so, which is why they can't see themselves continuing to live among the abusive assholes who have treated badly and who will continue to do this to others for sometime after their victims have succumbed to the final decision.
Pay attention, I never said my friends and family were shit bags, I said many people who kill themselves have shit friends and family, I've witness this myself of late.

Meh it's a shame alot of bad things happen, that doesn't mean suicide is inherently a bad option, just suicide typically goes along with some very bad things.

Anyhow I'm a fucked up person so fucking what, I'm tired of a bunch of folks trying to act tough, but have to pretend real shit don't exist.

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #227 on: March 28, 2013, 08:56:55 AM »
something a kid would say

or a psychopath
lulz

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #228 on: March 28, 2013, 09:26:19 AM »
Not all mental illness is created equal...There is so much undiagnosed shit going on in the brain. It's not as black and white as trying to talk someone out of killing themselves the same way you couldn't talk someone out of getting dementia.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #229 on: March 28, 2013, 09:28:09 AM »
I think God would forgive people who commit suicide.  Remember, he forgives everyone. All you have to do is ask  ::)

TigerStripes

• Getbig III
« Reply #230 on: March 28, 2013, 09:33:05 AM »
The biggest freedom in life is knowing that you can kill yourself at any time.

It's your life, it's your death too.

LATS

• Getbig IV
« Reply #231 on: March 28, 2013, 10:45:56 AM »
 I personally couldn't do it.. But after this last shitty year with many medical issues I can see why some would.. I can now understand it..

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #232 on: March 28, 2013, 11:01:29 AM »
Human beings are the only ones that have this option, say a dog in extreme pain just has to endure it.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #233 on: March 28, 2013, 07:03:07 PM »
Human beings are the only ones that have this option, say a dog in extreme pain just has to endure it.

Although I think you are most likely right, I can't say 100% that this is true. They have now proven that schools of dolphins have fucked with other dolphins for the sole purpose of just fucking with them.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #234 on: March 28, 2013, 07:08:28 PM »
For anyone ever thinking about doing it, remember this, death is coming no matter what you do. You may as well let it happen on it's own opposed to doing it yourself. ;)

TigerStripes

• Getbig III
« Reply #235 on: March 28, 2013, 07:17:14 PM »
I think suicide is the most honorable way to die if it death is coming soon anyway.

If I ever get terminally ill. I will kill myself before the disease can take me.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #236 on: March 28, 2013, 07:24:56 PM »
I think suicide is the most honorable way to die if it death is coming soon anyway.

If I ever get terminally ill. I will kill myself before the disease can take me.

Last ditch effort of telling the Hierarchy who's really in control...I like it!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #237 on: March 28, 2013, 11:55:09 PM »
i have a list in my room of everyone who ever did me wrong, if/when i decide to end it all i will seek these people out n stab them in the liver with an ice pick n laugh at them while they r dying. if i do decide to end i will first take a ton of xanax, then shoot myself in the head, after that i will drive to the bridge near my house n jump, soon after i jump off bridge i will slit my wrist while im free falling

It seems you have an issue with holding grudges.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #238 on: March 29, 2013, 12:00:35 AM »
Pay attention, I never said my friends and family were shit bags, I said many people who kill themselves have shit friends and family, I've witness this myself of late.

Meh it's a shame alot of bad things happen, that doesn't mean suicide is inherently a bad option, just suicide typically goes along with some very bad things.

Anyhow I'm a fucked up person so fucking what, I'm tired of a bunch of folks trying to act tough, but have to pretend real shit don't exist.

Keep in mind that there is no redemption once you succeed in committing suicide. When you are dead, you are dead. Perhaps some folks will briefly grieve over losing you, but when all is said and done, they will move on with their lives. Unfortunately, as a successful suicide victim your life is over. There is no moving on from that.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #239 on: March 29, 2013, 12:28:59 AM »
something a kid would say

or a psychopath

Agreed. My mother tried to kill herself in so many ways unsuccessfully. It was all about the drama and getting attention. Her chest was a spiderweb of scars from all the times she superficially stabbed herself over the years.

One time she called me on the phone and asked me to hold the line while she stabbed herself in the chest with a Hari-Kari style letter opener. In the background I could hear her screaming at my preteen sisters to get something for the blood....and then the phone went dead. My wife and I drove across the San Fernando valley in L.A. in record time only to discover the neighbor had called an ambulance and she had been taken to Encino hospital. When we arrived at the hospital and entered the front doors we could hear her yelling not to call the police. The hospital staff already had called them. I walked into her hospital room and just glared at her in disgust.

Though out most of my childhood I lived with this crazy woman who was my mother and who I loved dearly. I cannot tell you here how many harrowing experiences I endured as a kid growing up where she was bent on killing herself. There were times when she was drunk out of her mind and driving 90 mph on surface streets while ranting that her life was too hard to endure, while I sat in the passenger seat scared shitless that this was the end for me too.

I know first hand how devastating it is to live with someone who suffers from narcissistic personality disorder. What fascinates me today is how when she was dying from emphysema as a result of smoking endless packs of cigarettes every day since her teenage years, she fought like hell to stay alive. The will to live is a powerful thing. My mother came back from the dead several times in the last three years of her life. She ended up committing suicide by cigarettes when she was only 61 years old. Although I miss her, I was so well prepared over a lifetime of false attempts to end her own live, that I felt a sense of relief when she finally succeeded in accomplishing what she had for so long tried to accomplish.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #240 on: March 29, 2013, 01:31:16 PM »
a lot of people have suicidal tendencies but dont have the ballz to do it

that's why i think it's all about increasing your odds of sudden death

like stop wearing your seatbelt

little things, if you can do a lot of them, your odds of final relief are greatly increased
This ^.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #241 on: March 30, 2013, 06:00:41 AM »
For anyone ever thinking about doing it, remember this, death is coming no matter what you do. You may as well let it happen on it's own opposed to doing it yourself. ;)

makes no sense, you obviously have never had major depression. In a state of major depression the idea of waiting for death to occur and to continue suffering because it is coming anyway is absurd. In that state why would one wait? an endure the pain they wish to escape.

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #242 on: March 30, 2013, 02:28:35 PM »

makes no sense, you obviously have never had major depression. In a state of major depression the idea of waiting for death to occur and to continue suffering because it is coming anyway is absurd. In that state why would one wait? an endure the pain they wish to escape.

hes never had to fight to survive why would he understand

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #243 on: March 30, 2013, 03:06:29 PM »
just found out 3 of the 50 united states offer doctor assisted suicides who'd of funk it. oregon maine and one other. course if you live in those states i can see why. just quessing but in my estimation washington state would be another likely candidate. ::) ::) ::) ::)
F

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #244 on: March 30, 2013, 08:43:41 PM »
just found out 3 of the 50 united states offer doctor assisted suicides who'd of funk it. oregon maine and one other. course if you live in those states i can see why. just quessing but in my estimation washington state would be another likely candidate. ::) ::) ::) ::)

What do you think this assisted suicide means? I live in Oregon. Unless you are already terminal, assisted suicide is not an option. It is not like some 30 year old who broke up with his girlfriend and is depressed can ask the doctor for assisted suicide.

Oregon is a beautiful place to live. Today it was 75 degrees and sunny all day. There are trees and flower budding out all over the city, not to mention in my garden. It was a picture perfect spring day.

My cousin lives in Maine and loves it there. My sister-in-law lives in Seattle, Washington. They are very happy living there. I am not sure I get why you'd think living in these states would be conducive to wanting to commit suicide.

240_Iz_Nutz

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #245 on: March 30, 2013, 08:51:10 PM »
I think that Dr assisted would be tough thing to deal with on both ends, if one did have that choice. That is why blasting yourself in the head is so popular, it's just over. Like that Belcher deal in Kansas City. To me, he did the right thing. He had a beef with his girl, unfortunately killed her. It was his own choice, don't get me wrong. When he went to Arrowhead, at least he apologized for some shit and took himself out instead of harming others.

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #246 on: April 23, 2014, 09:33:55 AM »
so who here has been contemplating suicide recently?

NEVER

Life is able to give us a very rough ride at times, just suck it up and keep going, whats fixable try and fix, whats not try and forget.

Only time I would consider suicide is if I catch a terminal illness and it gets to that point where I see a shitty short/medium term future ahead and being dependent, in pain...etc. I would choose to bow out and quit whilst Im ahead.....I would be called a cruel person if I let my dog die in pain for days and weeks on end when he has no hope of recovery...why should I not award myself the same dignified and humane outcome for this situation.
S

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #247 on: April 23, 2014, 09:42:15 AM »
imagine the shame on your family when the coroner measures your arm at less than 18"

I haven't thought about it that way

That's just emotionally burtal to take in.
S

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #248 on: April 23, 2014, 10:11:18 AM »
NEVER

Life is able to give us a very rough ride at times, just suck it up and keep going, whats fixable try and fix, whats not try and forget.

Only time I would consider suicide is if I catch a terminal illness and it gets to that point where I see a shitty short/medium term future ahead and being dependent, in pain...etc. I would choose to bow out and quit whilst Im ahead.....I would be called a cruel person if I let my dog die in pain for days and weeks on end when he has no hope of recovery...why should I not award myself the same dignified and humane outcome for this situation.

Agreed.

Euthanasia, for all it's conjecture, has a place in society.

Was it not honorable for the Samurai to commit seppuku? Of course it was, rather than bring dishonor and shame to their house.

In that vein, it should be a man's choice to take an honorable death in the way he sees fit.

And if it were a physical illness, then I would like to bow out gracefully on my own dime, in my own time.

I would like to think I would have my family's support on this one.

But I can honestly say, if I had a terminal illness that was crippling my body with unbridled pain, and my daughter said to me "daddy, I just want you to stay alive as long as you can", then I would grit my teeth through every last one of my agonizing days to fulfill her wish and give her every minute I could. It would only be with full support of those I love and care about, that I would then consider euthanasia. In this way, I can stick handle around the idea of selfishness. Those who I did not consult, were people whose opinion did not matter to me enough to tip a life-and-death decision. They can rant and rave all they like. I'll be dead, and I won't care when I'm buried and gone. And my family will have understood the risks in supporting the decision, if it were to be so. This is something we would most definitely discuss and take our time with.

If even one person decides they don't like it, then I'm going to live out whatever days my broken body will give me.

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #249 on: April 23, 2014, 10:12:00 AM »
I don't see a point to actively end one's life, it will happen later whether you like it or not, life is not that long for anyone.