Author Topic: Suicide - would you ever consider it?  (Read 28779 times)

TheDragonSlayer

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
Re: Suicide - would you ever consider it?
« Reply #250 on: April 23, 2014, 10:17:42 AM »
NEVER

Life is able to give us a very rough ride at times, just suck it up and keep going, whats fixable try and fix, whats not try and forget.

Only time I would consider suicide is if I catch a terminal illness and it gets to that point where I see a shitty short/medium term future ahead and being dependent, in pain...etc. I would choose to bow out and quit whilst Im ahead.....I would be called a cruel person if I let my dog die in pain for days and weeks on end when he has no hope of recovery...why should I not award myself the same dignified and humane outcome for this situation.

Why don't you do us all a favor and jump off a cliff, you steaming cow turd? Be sure there are many nice sharp rocks at the bottom to get you nice and shredded. 8)

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #251 on: April 23, 2014, 10:22:50 AM »
Only if I would have to be in a room with Uncle junior!

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #252 on: April 23, 2014, 11:32:44 AM »
Only if I would have to be in a room with Uncle junior!

That will probably end in murder with you being the culprit lol
S

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #253 on: April 23, 2014, 04:07:40 PM »
I would never do it because how bad it would hurt others around me, that and my life is great. I'm a muscular, straight, white male that lives in the fucking United States Of America, I won the jackpot!  ;D

D.O.U.P

• Getbig III
« Reply #254 on: April 23, 2014, 04:24:38 PM »
Agreed. My mother tried to kill herself in so many ways unsuccessfully. It was all about the drama and getting attention. Her chest was a spiderweb of scars from all the times she superficially stabbed herself over the years.

One time she called me on the phone and asked me to hold the line while she stabbed herself in the chest with a Hari-Kari style letter opener. In the background I could hear her screaming at my preteen sisters to get something for the blood....and then the phone went dead. My wife and I drove across the San Fernando valley in L.A. in record time only to discover the neighbor had called an ambulance and she had been taken to Encino hospital. When we arrived at the hospital and entered the front doors we could hear her yelling not to call the police. The hospital staff already had called them. I walked into her hospital room and just glared at her in disgust.

Though out most of my childhood I lived with this crazy woman who was my mother and who I loved dearly. I cannot tell you here how many harrowing experiences I endured as a kid growing up where she was bent on killing herself. There were times when she was drunk out of her mind and driving 90 mph on surface streets while ranting that her life was too hard to endure, while I sat in the passenger seat scared shitless that this was the end for me too.

I know first hand how devastating it is to live with someone who suffers from narcissistic personality disorder. What fascinates me today is how when she was dying from emphysema as a result of smoking endless packs of cigarettes every day since her teenage years, she fought like hell to stay alive. The will to live is a powerful thing. My mother came back from the dead several times in the last three years of her life. She ended up committing suicide by cigarettes when she was only 61 years old. Although I miss her, I was so well prepared over a lifetime of false attempts to end her own live, that I felt a sense of relief when she finally succeeded in accomplishing what she had for so long tried to accomplish.

Heavy.

Insightful.

Frustrating.

Great post.

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #255 on: April 23, 2014, 07:09:31 PM »
That will probably end in murder with you being the culprit lol
Hahahaha!

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #256 on: April 23, 2014, 10:06:32 PM »
Agreed. My mother tried to kill herself in so many ways unsuccessfully. It was all about the drama and getting attention. Her chest was a spiderweb of scars from all the times she superficially stabbed herself over the years.

One time she called me on the phone and asked me to hold the line while she stabbed herself in the chest with a Hari-Kari style letter opener. In the background I could hear her screaming at my preteen sisters to get something for the blood....and then the phone went dead. My wife and I drove across the San Fernando valley in L.A. in record time only to discover the neighbor had called an ambulance and she had been taken to Encino hospital. When we arrived at the hospital and entered the front doors we could hear her yelling not to call the police. The hospital staff already had called them. I walked into her hospital room and just glared at her in disgust.

Though out most of my childhood I lived with this crazy woman who was my mother and who I loved dearly. I cannot tell you here how many harrowing experiences I endured as a kid growing up where she was bent on killing herself. There were times when she was drunk out of her mind and driving 90 mph on surface streets while ranting that her life was too hard to endure, while I sat in the passenger seat scared shitless that this was the end for me too.

I know first hand how devastating it is to live with someone who suffers from narcissistic personality disorder. What fascinates me today is how when she was dying from emphysema as a result of smoking endless packs of cigarettes every day since her teenage years, she fought like hell to stay alive. The will to live is a powerful thing. My mother came back from the dead several times in the last three years of her life. She ended up committing suicide by cigarettes when she was only 61 years old. Although I miss her, I was so well prepared over a lifetime of false attempts to end her own live, that I felt a sense of relief when she finally succeeded in accomplishing what she had for so long tried to accomplish.

Wow. Sorry I missed this the first time.

Prime - that's a hell of an upbringing.

For better or worse, our parents shape us in interesting ways, no?

Glad you're here, all the same.

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #257 on: April 23, 2014, 11:05:39 PM »
No, I would not consider it. Human life is a precious opportunity for self realization. One will just reincarnate back in worse circumstances if they commit suicide, unless they are already enlightened.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #258 on: April 24, 2014, 02:53:47 AM »
No, I would not consider it. Human life is a precious opportunity for self realization. One will just reincarnate back in worse circumstances if they commit suicide, unless they are already enlightened.

Ah, a McBuddhist.

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #259 on: April 24, 2014, 03:05:18 AM »

Fuck me, I shed a tear.
S

Super Natural

• Getbig IV
  • Repent of Soy liberalism.
« Reply #260 on: April 24, 2014, 03:24:29 AM »
Something to think about...In the case of anyone who is married or has kids and commits suicide: Highly likely your life insurance will not pay out to them (in the case of suicide)... so often the poor kids and widow left behind are fucked too  :-\

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #261 on: April 24, 2014, 04:38:34 AM »
Something to think about...In the case of anyone who is married or has kids and commits suicide: Highly likely your life insurance will not pay out to them (in the case of suicide)... so often the poor kids and widow left behind are fucked too  :-\
i'm sure money is the last thing on suicidal person mind ::)

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #262 on: April 24, 2014, 05:12:07 AM »
It seems pretty challenging to archieve true happyness in this confused and over-complicated world, so I believe it's best to live a simple life without too much distractions, together with the ones you love, but... even this humble goal isn't easy to archieve :-\

This having said, it sometimes pops up in my mind...

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #263 on: April 24, 2014, 05:14:10 AM »
It seems pretty challenging to archieve true happyness in this confused and over-complicated world, so I believe it's best to live a simple life without too much distractions, together with the ones you love, but... even this humble goal isn't easy to archieve :-\

This having said, it sometimes pops up in my mind...

i'm considering it now that i am having to go back to work on monday  ;D

hrspwr1

• Getbig III
  • flirtin with disaster everyday
« Reply #264 on: April 24, 2014, 05:27:15 AM »
I have struggled with suicidal thoughts for over thirty years, it sucks. Some folks just have different shit going on in their brains than most people, its not that unusual.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #265 on: April 24, 2014, 05:28:12 AM »
i'm considering it now that i am having to go back to work on monday

Which is understandable, since most people hate their job. But keep in mind that your mindset plays an important role. You can make an eternal hell of it, or see it as a temporary phase while making the necessary steps to a satisfying job.
Let that be your goal...

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #266 on: April 24, 2014, 05:30:18 AM »
Which is understandable, since most people hate their job. But keep in mind that your mindset plays an important role. You can make an eternal hell of it, or see it as a temporary phase while making the necessary steps to a satisfying job.
Let that be your goal...
while not realistic in many case, this is a good thing to tell yourself ;D

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #267 on: April 24, 2014, 05:36:09 AM »
while not realistic in many case, this is a good thing to tell yourself ;D

I can't speak for others, but why do you think that? Many of us have certain passions.
You, for example, can become a Hair Guru ;D

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #268 on: April 24, 2014, 05:36:56 AM »
Of course - many times.
But still have some things to accomplish.

Super Natural

• Getbig IV
  • Repent of Soy liberalism.
« Reply #269 on: April 24, 2014, 07:00:15 AM »
i'm sure money is the last thing on suicidal person mind ::)

::) 1000's of people commit suicide because of money. The point was life insurnace will not pay out TO YOUR NEXT OF KIN in the event of suicide.

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #270 on: April 24, 2014, 07:07:53 AM »

I have two life policies on my head right now. Both will pay for suicide as long that its not committed within the 12 months from starting the insurance. I'm in the UK so not sure about policies in your neck of the woods...etc.

S

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #271 on: April 24, 2014, 07:24:24 AM »
I have two life policies on my head right now. Both will pay for suicide as long that its not committed within the 12 months from starting the insurance. I'm in the UK so not sure about policies in your neck of the woods...etc.

That's actually pretty cool.  So how many more months do you need to wait?

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #272 on: April 24, 2014, 07:28:50 AM »
That's actually pretty cool.  So how many more months do you need to wait?

The personal life insurance is about £300k, I had this for a long while, so if "I dead" today the listed beneficiary will get £300k, this also includes jumping under a train purposely, seeing as it is the most common form of suicide in London amongst city workers.

I also have a 4 times salary life insurance from work, this isn't 12 months old yet.
S

breakmore

• Getbig III
« Reply #273 on: April 24, 2014, 08:56:49 AM »
Never say never.

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #274 on: April 24, 2014, 03:27:24 PM »
I can't speak for others, but why do you think that? Many of us have certain passions.
You, for example, can become a Hair Guru ;D

Bold people like Leopold should pay 1/3 of my monthly hair cut cost $30-50  :)