Author Topic: Dorian Yates - 1995 Mr. Olympia - High Quality Scans!!!  (Read 132094 times)

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
Re: Dorian Yates - 1995 Mr. Olympia - High Quality Scans!!!
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2012, 09:50:16 AM »

All Nasser-Dorian debating and jokes aside, I honestly don't understand why/how so many people say Yates looks "carved from stone" "grainy" etc.  From some angles and from the back he looks amazing but from the front he shows no/very little separation or detail in the delts and arms.  There's hardly any shape or striations in his front relaxed and front lat spread poses.  Looks smooth doesn't it?

dangalak

• Getbig II
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2012, 10:26:24 AM »
one of the worst arms in bodybuikld history ,, realy averge genetic that due to hgh and insulina climbed up and got to mr o title he responded well to combos of gh insulina and diuretic,, if you take a look in the horse shoe of his ,, it is realy pathetic when it come to the sepreation with the delt...with out gh and high dose gh and diuretic dorian would never win an o title,,dount he would even be profesional,, but as you all know bodybuild is about how you respnd to drugs and all of them including timing,, his arms just dont have ,,well they are local level lol so say is nicely,,take attention to the horse show lines,, it just hgh created lines,, his lines are not good

he really si the first true averageto sub average  genetic fella who got to be mr o in modern bodybuild,,his respond to drugs? phnominal

gh15 approved
Dera Mr. GH15, With all the respect i have for you and your comments about modern BB, it does not make sense when you are telling Dorian had below average Genetics and has won 6 OLYMPIA Titles just because he had a good response to drugs!!??he was competing with some of the best Bodybuilders of all times, like Levrone, Shawn Ray, Nasser, Cormier and ....all these guys had superior genetics in my believe and superior drug response as well. i dont know if there is more than one person writing for GH15 account ??otherwise i cant believe he can make such childish comments on one of the greatest bodybuilders of all time. if you just take a look on the video of his first competition in England as a teenager you can see if he is sub average genetics or super genetics??

The Wizard

• Getbig III
  • Old School is THE School
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2012, 10:28:45 AM »
one of the worst arms in bodybuikld history ,, realy averge genetic that due to hgh and insulina climbed up and got to mr o title he responded well to combos of gh insulina and diuretic,, if you take a look in the horse shoe of his ,, it is realy pathetic when it come to the sepreation with the delt...with out gh and high dose gh and diuretic dorian would never win an o title,,dount he would even be profesional,, but as you all know bodybuild is about how you respnd to drugs and all of them including timing,, his arms just dont have ,,well they are local level lol so say is nicely,,take attention to the horse show lines,, it just hgh created lines,, his lines are not good

he really si the first true averageto sub average  genetic fella who got to be mr o in modern bodybuild,,his respond to drugs? phnominal

gh15 approved
Isn't bodybuilding all about making the most of what you have and building beyond it?
Pro bodybuilding is all about adding the drugs to take it even further again.
Welcome to the board, you may learn something and maybe even compete yourself one day ... ;)

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2012, 10:29:58 AM »

All Nasser-Dorian debating and jokes aside, I honestly don't understand why/how so many people say Yates looks "carved from stone" "grainy" etc.  From some angles and from the back he looks amazing but from the front he shows no/very little separation or detail in the delts and arms.  There's hardly any shape or striations in his front relaxed and front lat spread poses.  Looks smooth doesn't it?
His legs have little to no separation at all. So great back>everything else

The Wizard

• Getbig III
  • Old School is THE School
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2012, 10:31:29 AM »
All this harping back just proves how bodybuilding peaked in the mid 1990's.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2012, 10:33:16 AM »
one of the worst arms in bodybuikld history ,, realy averge genetic that due to hgh and insulina climbed up and got to mr o title he responded well to combos of gh insulina and diuretic,, if you take a look in the horse  of his ,, it is realy pathetic when it come to the sepreation with the delt...with out gh and high dose gh and diuretic dorian would never win an o title,,dount he would even be profesional,, but as you all know bodybuild is about how you respnd to drugs and all of them including timing,, his arms just dont have ,,well they are local level lol so say is nicely,,take attention to the horse show lines,, it just hgh created lines,, his lines are not good

gh15 approved

you been injecting into your retina lately or somthing?

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2012, 10:39:08 AM »
you been injecting into your retina lately or somthing?
Agreed. I actually went back to the photo to look again. Huh?

RocketSwitch625

• Getbig IV
  • Women fall all over me and Pumpster is FUGLY.
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2012, 10:52:17 AM »

All Nasser-Dorian debating and jokes aside, I honestly don't understand why/how so many people say Yates looks "carved from stone" "grainy" etc.  From some angles and from the back he looks amazing but from the front he shows no/very little separation or detail in the delts and arms.  There's hardly any shape or striations in his front relaxed and front lat spread poses.  Looks smooth doesn't it?

Yates destroying Nasser in the MM pose with a torn left biceps in the same contest. LOL

And just look at the unbelievable separation in Yates upper legs compared to the synthol user next to him. LOL

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
  • www.LegendsOfBodybuilding.com
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2012, 11:00:19 AM »

All Nasser-Dorian debating and jokes aside, I honestly don't understand why/how so many people say Yates looks "carved from stone" "grainy" etc.  From some angles and from the back he looks amazing but from the front he shows no/very little separation or detail in the delts and arms.  There's hardly any shape or striations in his front relaxed and front lat spread poses.  Looks smooth doesn't it?

I know what you mean. In some poses Dorian looks ripped to shreds like the side tricep, ab & thigh, rear latspread, back double bicep, sides, rear relaxed, but he didn't have that same conditioning in the front double bicep, front latpread, front relaxed and most muscular. I don't know why maybe it's because his quads from the front weren't that separated only his inner quad (thigh rods) made his thighs look great in the ab & thigh pose. If you notice Dorian never hit the ab & thigh with both of his legs forward, but instead he would show the inner part of his thigh (pic below).

As for his front latspread (pic below) he never flexed his chest. That's why no striations are showing. What really made him stand out in this pose were his lats. They were like friggin balloons.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2012, 11:12:18 AM »
Yates destroying Nasser in the MM pose with a torn left biceps in the same contest. LOL

And just look at the unbelievable separation in Yates upper legs compared to the synthol user next to him. LOL

wtf how do you figure he's "destroying" Nasser in that pose?  Yates looks smaller and less detailed and striated there.  As for upper quads, it's because Nasser's are blackened out mostly by the lighting.  How about compare quads in a pic which shows both of their quads in full and without blacked-out lighting like this one:

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2012, 11:14:16 AM »
I know what you mean. In some poses Dorian looks ripped to shreds like the side tricep, ab & thigh, rear latspread, back double bicep, sides, rear relaxed, but he didn't have that same conditioning in the front double bicep, front latpread, front relaxed and most muscular. I don't know why maybe it's because his quads from the front weren't that separated only his inner quad (thigh rods) made his thighs look great in the ab & thigh pose. If you notice Dorian never hit the ab & thigh with both of his legs forward, but instead he would show the inner part of his thigh (pic below).

As for his front latspread (pic below) he never flexed his chest. That's why no striations are showing. What really made him stand out in this pose were his lats. They were like friggin balloons.

Thank you for the acknowledgement - here we have a Dorian fan that doesn't get butt-hurt at the slightest criticism like Rocketswitch lol. 

I agree his lats looked very wide in the front relaxed and front lat spread poses, but overall I don't think those are stand-out poses for him becuase of his how his front upper body looks so smooth in them.

RocketSwitch625

• Getbig IV
  • Women fall all over me and Pumpster is FUGLY.
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2012, 11:16:21 AM »
wtf how do you figure he's "destroying" Nasser in that pose?  Yates looks smaller and less detailed and striated there.  As for upper quads, it's because Nasser's are blackened out mostly by the lighting.  How about compare quads in a pic which shows both of their quads in full and without blacked-out lighting like this one:

Go read up on how the Mr. Olympia contest is judged, then come back and post on here.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2012, 11:28:01 AM »
a few random pics do dispel some of this nonsense .... 1st up.. are you watching gh15!!!!

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2012, 11:31:37 AM »
and a few more just for the crack..... some of the best worst genetics ive ever seen!

EspenG

• Getbig II
  • yawn
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2012, 01:03:34 PM »
Thank you for the acknowledgement - here we have a Dorian fan that doesn't get butt-hurt at the slightest criticism like Rocketswitch lol.  

I agree his lats looked very wide in the front relaxed and front lat spread poses, but overall I don't think those are stand-out poses for him becuase of his how his front upper body looks so smooth in them.

Bigbobs... are you serious. Do you really not think Dorian's front lats spread is a stand-out pose for him? According to most, his FLS is among the best poses of any bb-pose ever...

As for the front relaxed, I think Dorian execute the pose as it should be - relaxed. Though, I think they should tighten the thighs and show the separation, but keeping the upper body rather relaxed (like Arnold did - as he was 'just standing there'). Nasser also looks fantastic in the front relaxed, but that is when he is relaxed and shows his tremendous width by 'relaxing' and widen out his shoulders. I don't find the pic above, where he is 'flexing', to be favoring him compared to Dorian. You or someone else should rather find the magazine pic from the 97 Mr.O where Dorian and Nasser stand relaxed...

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2012, 02:22:59 PM »

Lol.
Two people hitting the pose 2 completely different ways.
Nasser crunches down and flex's everything giving the appearance of being better conditioned.
Dorian isnt flexed, he's standing relaxed. Considering its called the "front relaxed". If I posted a pic where Nasser was not tensed and half posed with a shot of Dorian flexing every muscle for all he's got, youd be freaking out.
Nasser never could figure out how to hit half of his poses right. Nasser's quads had better separation and about even sweep (in 95) from the front. Fucking LAWL at the "blacked out quads", they just as visible as Dorians.
You cant take someone hitting the pose completely ass backwards wrong and declare them the winner, lol.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2012, 02:35:54 PM »
Lol.
Two people hitting the pose 2 completely different ways.
Nasser crunches down and flex's everything giving the appearance of being better conditioned.
Dorian isnt flexed, he's standing relaxed. Considering its called the "front relaxed". If I posted a pic where Nasser was not tensed and half posed with a shot of Dorian flexing every muscle for all he's got, youd be freaking out.
Nasser never could figure out how to hit half of his poses right. Nasser's quads had better separation and about even sweep (in 95) from the front. Fucking LAWL at the "blacked out quads", they just as visible as Dorians.
You cant take someone hitting the pose completely ass backwards wrong and declare them the winner, lol.

Shockwave and EspenG, you'll rarely find two people hitting a pose EXACTLY the same way, but that doesn't mean one can't consider who looks better.  Ironically, if Dorian looks better in a pose which he's hitting differently the responses are "Nasser can't even hit the pose right so Dorian wins this shot" and when Nasser looks better in a pose where him and Dorian are hitting it differently the response is "Nasser isn't hitting the pose correctly, if he was hitting it the same way as Dorian he may not look as good."  Do you see the double standard?

Is there really a "correct" way to hit each pose?  Where are the directions documented as to what the "correct" ways are?  Is it just assumed that the way the 70's bb'ers held certainposes are the "correct" ways?

doriancutlerman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2012, 02:37:03 PM »
Dorian's side-chest in those pictures is fucking crazy.  He more or less lost to Haney because of pec thickness ... but Dozzer's pecs a few years later?  Holy fuck.  

And yeah, in the so-called "front relaxed," Nasser looks much harder.  But then, he's crunching down on his abs, flexing his pecs and delts and quads for all they are worth.  Dozzer did little more than stand still, spread his lats and stand there looking as wide as possible -- still not "relaxed," but a fair sight from what Nasser was doing IMO.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2012, 02:38:59 PM »
Dorian's side-chest in those pictures is fucking crazy.  He more or less lost to Haney because of pec thickness ... but Dozzer's pecs a few years later?  Holy fuck.  

And yeah, in the so-called "front relaxed," Nasser looks much harder.  But then, he's crunching down on his abs, flexing his pecs and delts and quads for all they are worth.  Dozzer did little more than stand still, spread his lats and stand there looking as wide as possible -- still not "relaxed," but a fair sight from what Nasser was doing IMO.

Really if everyone was totally "relaxed" in the "front relaxed" their waist would be hanging out as well.  The idea is to hold the pose in whatever way looks best for you.  Even when they're not posing they're supposed to be conscious of how they look compared to each other and as much as possible stay tense, waist sucked in, etc.

doriancutlerman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2012, 02:46:08 PM »
Really if everyone was totally "relaxed" in the "front relaxed" their waist would be hanging out as well.  The idea is to hold the pose in whatever way looks best for you.  Even when they're not posing they're supposed to be conscious of how they look compared to each other and as much as possible stay tense, waist sucked in, etc.

True, but as I recall, Dorian won the '95 Olympia in overwhelming fashion.  Even Levrone placed between Doz and Nasser that year.

Some might cry "fix," but the pictures tell the tale.  Nasser's best shot at winning was in '97.  Even then, I don't think he deserved the overall victory.

'Course, I'm one of those guys who thinks Ronnie should've won his 9th Olympia in 2006.  Even with Ronster's injuries, he owned Jay overall. 

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
  • President Barack Obama -- 2 Term U.S. President
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2012, 03:22:17 PM »
Sandows:

Yates 6 (Undefeated)

Nasser 0

/thread

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2012, 03:26:20 PM »
All the Coleman nut-huggers seriously should check this out. Unreal.

and yet he still doesn't come close to an in shape ronnie :P
Flower Boy Ran Away

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2012, 03:27:49 PM »
Sandows:

Yates 6 (Undefeated)

Nasser 0

/thread

Deserved Sandows:

Yates 3 (max)
Nasser 3 (at least)

8)

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
  • President Barack Obama -- 2 Term U.S. President
« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2012, 03:42:18 PM »
Deserved Sandows:

Yates 3 (max)
Nasser 3 (at least)

8)

JUMPER

• Getbig II
« Reply #49 on: January 20, 2012, 03:43:28 PM »
GOD