Author Topic: Dorian Yates - 1995 Mr. Olympia - High Quality Scans!!!  (Read 132080 times)

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
  • President Barack Obama -- 2 Term U.S. President
Re: Dorian Yates - 1995 Mr. Olympia - High Quality Scans!!!
« Reply #75 on: January 20, 2012, 06:48:49 PM »
THAT'S REAL MUSCLE!

NO BABY MUSCLE I.E. HEATH/CUTLER

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #76 on: January 20, 2012, 06:52:49 PM »
and yet he still doesn't come close to an in shape ronnie :P
Im impressed Hulkster, you waited for Dorian's version of you to bring Ronnie up before you went on the offensive and brought him into a Dorian thread.
Impressive. Youre maturing.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #77 on: January 20, 2012, 06:54:34 PM »
So nowhere does it specify or even suggest that the abs should not be flexed in the front relaxed on the contrary it says the competitor should attempt to contract as many of the frontal muscles as possible.

Quote from: bigbobs
Front Lat Spread<----Good job, savage powers of observation there bobs
Standing facing the judges, with feet a short distance apart, the competitor will place the hands, preferably clenched, against the lower waist and will expand the latissimus muscles. At the same time, the competitor should attempt to contract as many other frontal muscles as possible. The judge should first see whether the competitor can show a good spread of the latissimus muscles, thereby creating a V-shaped torso. Then the judge should continue with the head to feet survey as in the first pose, noting first the general aspects and then concentrating on the more detailed aspects of the various muscle groups.

Idiot, way to quote the FLS and not the front relaxed because it shows Nasser is hitting the pose not only WRONG, but in a way that he should be warned of doing it incorrectly. But Im sure your whole "politics" cry wont be valid when Nasser is the one on the recieving end, right?
Quarter Turn Front:
Facing the front of the stage, relaxed erect stance, head and eyes facing the same direction as the body, heels together, feet inclined outward at a 30° angle, knees together and unbent, stomach in, chest out, shoulders back, both arms hanging relaxed and at the side along the center-line of the body, elbows slightly bent, thumbs and fingers together, palms facing the body, hands slightly cupped, tips of the fingers resting lightly on the hips. This position is a relaxed stance. Flexing of the muscles is prohibited. Competitors who fail to adopt the proper stance will receive one warning.
::) ::) ::)
And dont give me that bullshit about "I was talking about this", you were clearly talking about the Front Relaxed as that was what the whole fucking argument was about. Jesus Christ.

Waiting for you to spin how Nasser isnt hitting the pose wrong as fuck.

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
  • President Barack Obama -- 2 Term U.S. President
« Reply #78 on: January 20, 2012, 06:54:40 PM »
he looks smooth compared to this..ronnie crushes dorian in pose after pose after pose..

In fairness, Ronnie's era was filmed and photographed in digital/HD.  I believe most of his Olympia reign was captured in high quality photos versus old film Dorian was captured in.

However, both were awesome and it's moot to debate who was better.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #79 on: January 20, 2012, 08:18:17 PM »
ronnie crushes all when he is 'on' 8)
Flower Boy Ran Away

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #80 on: January 20, 2012, 08:31:40 PM »
In fairness, Ronnie's era was filmed and photographed in digital/HD.  I believe most of his Olympia reign was captured in high quality photos versus old film Dorian was captured in.

lol, digital still hasn't caught up to film in terms of resolution. Case in point: Baraka was filmed in 1992 using 70 mm film. The blu-ray was made from an 8k transfer (1080p is about 2k) and it looks better than blu-rays for present-day movies filmed with digital cameras. The problem isn't with the original source - the problem is with the technology and media used to distribute it. I guarantee if you used a high resolution scanner on the stock film from Dorian's reign and didn't compress the file size, it would look better than digital pics

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #81 on: January 20, 2012, 08:33:38 PM »
ronnie crushes all when he is 'on' 8)
Honestly I never liked either's build but if you want a freak then Ronnie blows Dorian away. Why would Dorian be better? Because he's dryer? He had one arm!! From the front Yates was nothing special, many, many guys were better. He had a great back, that's it. The black and white photos were great but he never duplicated that or put it on stage for that matter. Yeah if you follow the judging criteria, Yates won. I just know what my eyes tell me, Ronnie pisses all over Yates. What does everyone else want to go by, the criteria the judges use? Thats given us a 4-time O in Jay Cutler and 2 AC Classic's to Branch! Gimme a break

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
  • www.LegendsOfBodybuilding.com
« Reply #82 on: January 20, 2012, 08:41:44 PM »

However, both were awesome and it's moot to debate who was better.

The digital quality of recordings for Dorian and Ronnie are pretty much the same. I have the 1992 Mr. Olympia DVD and the quality is as good as any of Ronnie's Mr. Olympias on DVD. Just look at the quality in these pics. These are some of the best DVD pics I've seen.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #83 on: January 20, 2012, 09:36:03 PM »
The digital quality of recordings for Dorian and Ronnie are pretty much the same. I have the 1992 Mr. Olympia DVD and the quality is as good as any of Ronnie's Mr. Olympias on DVD. Just look at the quality in these pics. These are some of the best DVD pics I've seen.
I noticed that -the screencaps you post from the old films are fucking incredible.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #84 on: January 20, 2012, 09:40:42 PM »
wtf how do you figure he's "destroying" Nasser in that pose?  Yates looks smaller and less detailed and striated there.  As for upper quads, it's because Nasser's are blackened out mostly by the lighting.  How about compare quads in a pic which shows both of their quads in full and without blacked-out lighting like this one:

nasser's quads were bigger, harder, more detailed, thicker, more symmetrical (left/right), and, better shaped than dorian's..

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #85 on: January 20, 2012, 09:43:11 PM »
nasser's quads were bigger, harder, more detailed, thicker, more symmetrical (left/right), and, better shaped than dorian's..
Dont think anyone would argue.
I prefer Dorian's legs overall, Dorian has a shorter torso which makes for a longer better looking overall leg IMHO.
But yeah, Nasser's quads were better separated, more classic shape, and in 97 were wider (sweep)
95 sweep was about the same.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #86 on: January 20, 2012, 09:49:03 PM »
Shockwave and EspenG, you'll rarely find two people hitting a pose EXACTLY the same way, but that doesn't mean one can't consider who looks better.  Ironically, if Dorian looks better in a pose which he's hitting differently the responses are "Nasser can't even hit the pose right so Dorian wins this shot" and when Nasser looks better in a pose where him and Dorian are hitting it differently the response is "Nasser isn't hitting the pose correctly, if he was hitting it the same way as Dorian he may not look as good."  Do you see the double standard?

Is there really a "correct" way to hit each pose?  Where are the directions documented as to what the "correct" ways are?  Is it just assumed that the way the 70's bb'ers held certainposes are the "correct" ways?

doran himself said that nasser was better than him in the FR in 97!!..

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #87 on: January 20, 2012, 09:56:13 PM »
doran himself said that nasser was better than him in the FR in 97!!..
And Nasser's Mom said that she was better than Dorian's Mom. Your IQ is single digits. Cretinism?     

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #88 on: January 20, 2012, 10:11:41 PM »
And Nasser's Mom said that she was better than Dorian's Mom. Your IQ is single digits. Cretinism?     

dorian's fans were arguing he was better than nasser in the FR pose stupid so i said dorian himself didnt see him better than nasser in this pose!!.. so what is your point :-\

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #89 on: January 20, 2012, 10:12:51 PM »
dorian's fans were arguing he was better than nasser in the FR pose stupid so i said dorian himself didnt see him better than nasser in this pose!!.. so what is your point :-\
Discussing 95 Sherief, no where did 97 come up. Lol.

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #90 on: January 20, 2012, 10:13:17 PM »

and I thought I was creepy with kevin, homo ::)
l

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #91 on: January 20, 2012, 10:35:48 PM »
Discussing 95 Sherief, no where did 97 come up. Lol.

it was the pose in general wave :P

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
  • www.LegendsOfBodybuilding.com
« Reply #92 on: January 20, 2012, 10:38:38 PM »
Side Chest
The competitor can choose either side for this pose, so that he is displaying his better arm. He will stand with his left or right side towards the judges. He will bend the front arm nearest to the judges to a right angle position with the fist clenched and with the other hand will grasp the wrist. The front leg nearest to the judges will be bent at the knee and will rest on the toes. The competitor will expand the chest, and by upward pressure of the front bent arm, contract the biceps as much as possible. He will also contract the thigh muscles, in particular the biceps femoris group and by downward pressure on his toes will display contracted calf muscles. The judge will pay particular attention to the pectoral muscles and the arch of the rib cage, the biceps, the leg biceps, and the calves and will conclude his survey once again with the head to feet examination.

One of these guys is doing the pose correctly and one isn't , you do the math.

Vince did hit the side chest like this a lot:

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #93 on: January 20, 2012, 10:47:16 PM »
 :-X

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #94 on: January 21, 2012, 02:41:40 AM »
 :o :o :o :o

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #95 on: January 21, 2012, 02:55:57 AM »
no oil in yates tho sonny jim

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #96 on: January 21, 2012, 02:57:35 AM »
Nobody touches this.Carved from granite.

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #97 on: January 21, 2012, 03:00:38 AM »
lol, digital still hasn't caught up to film in terms of resolution. Case in point: Baraka was filmed in 1992 using 70 mm film. The blu-ray was made from an 8k transfer (1080p is about 2k) and it looks better than blu-rays for present-day movies filmed with digital cameras. The problem isn't with the original source - the problem is with the technology and media used to distribute it. I guarantee if you used a high resolution scanner on the stock film from Dorian's reign and didn't compress the file size, it would look better than digital pics

Uh yeah but Dorian was probably filmed on VIDEO TAPE not actual film.     And you would have to scan the photo negatives, not images from old mags, to get the resolution in photos.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #98 on: January 21, 2012, 03:17:46 AM »
carved from iron :o

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #99 on: January 21, 2012, 03:37:22 AM »
In fairness, Ronnie's era was filmed and photographed in digital/HD.  I believe most of his Olympia reign was captured in high quality photos versus old film Dorian was captured in.

in fairness, dorian's physique was just not as good as a peak ronnie.

the film had nothing to do with it. 8)
Flower Boy Ran Away