Author Topic: Mitt Romney AVOIDS U.S Tax by using OFFSHORE Bank Accounts  (Read 2805 times)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Mitt Romney AVOIDS U.S Tax by using OFFSHORE Bank Accounts
« on: January 19, 2012, 07:59:15 AM »

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Mitt Romney AVOIDS U.S Tax by using OFFSHORE Bank Accounts
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 07:59:42 AM »
I believe he made it clear that he still paid taxes on that money.

They moved operaitons to Cayman becuase they liked the weather for the PO box, not because they wanted to avoid US tax laws.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 08:08:38 AM »
I believe he made it clear that he still paid taxes on that money.

They moved operaitons to Cayman becuase they liked the weather for the PO box, not because they wanted to avoid US tax laws.

oh i guess your right  :D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 08:26:02 AM »
and this is why it'll likely be a problem for mittens..

"I believe I paid around the 15% rate" = Probably much less.  Like when newt admitting he got paid for 30 minutes or soemthing, of fannie work... ended up being years.

"I only made a little bit on speeches" = $362,000 is a little bit?  Out of touch bro.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 08:36:56 AM »
Yeah, because its real smart to put all your eggs in one basket and be exposed to the vultures in DC to piss away the money on ball washing programs and pet mice.   

Good for him, I would do the same thing if I could.

In thugbama's america

Those on food stamps and welfare = progress and vision for the future

Those who are successful and smart = evil.   

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, 12:22:52 PM »
Yeah, because its real smart to put all your eggs in one basket and be exposed to the vultures in DC to piss away the money on ball washing programs and pet mice.   

Good for him, I would do the same thing if I could.

In thugbama's america

Those on food stamps and welfare = progress and vision for the future

Those who are successful and smart = evil.   

great spin on off shore Cayman accounts.
we'll probably be hearing the same thing on Fix News later today.
w

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2012, 12:42:28 PM »
Revamp and simplify tax laws so people aren't forced to shuttle money to offshore accounts.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2012, 12:44:02 PM »
i'm fine with mittens using off-shore account to reduce his taxes.  As long as he's honest about it.

Is the current line really "we put our money offshore, but didn't see any tax benefit as a result"?

If that's true, I'll be pretty surprised.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2012, 12:49:00 PM »
i'm fine with mittens using off-shore account to reduce his taxes.  As long as he's honest about it.

Is the current line really "we put our money offshore, but didn't see any tax benefit as a result"?

If that's true, I'll be pretty surprised.

Even hear of asset and judgement protection? 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2012, 12:57:35 PM »
Even hear of asset and judgement protection? 

keeping it safe from lawsuits, diversification, etc?  I can respect that.  I just hope he's being honest about the 'same tax rate'.  Cause I didn't care when Cain banged every honey this side of the mississippi.  I did care when he lied about it.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2012, 12:57:41 PM »
Yawn.  Who cares?  Cheating on his taxes would be an issue.  Doing whatever he can within the confines of the law to pay the least amount of taxes possible is just a smart thing to do.  That's partly why the man has some serious coin.  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2012, 01:33:11 PM »

WSJ: Romney DID avoid taxes with offshore investments.

Last edited Thu Jan 19, 2012, 02:00 PM USA/ET - Edit history (1)

Mitt Romney’s campaign has attacked an ABC News report on the candidate’s offshore investments, saying his holdings in the Cayman Islands and elsewhere have no effect on the amount he pays in U.S. taxes.

But the campaign’s assertions may be wrong or misleading. Tax experts said some of the offshore holdings are likely intended to help Mr. Romney avoid paying an obscure but hefty tax of as much as 35% on some of those investments, held in a tax-deferred retirement account.

As The Wall Street Journal reported in Thursday’s paper, many of Mr. Romney’s offshore investments are held through his individual retirement account, which has grown to between $20.7 million and $101.6 million. IRAs are tax-deferred accounts, in which earnings accrue tax-free until the money is withdrawn during retirement.

Mr. Romney’s IRA has grown so large, it appears, due to investments in various vehicles managed by Bain Capital, the investment fund he helped found in 1984. His latest financial disclosure report, filed in August, shows that many of the IRAs assets are in Bain-affiliated entities located offshore, including one in the Cayman Islands that the report listed as having a value of between $5 million and $25 million.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2012, 01:35:40 PM »

WSJ: Romney DID avoid taxes with offshore investments.

Last edited Thu Jan 19, 2012, 02:00 PM USA/ET - Edit history (1)

Mitt Romney’s campaign has attacked an ABC News report on the candidate’s offshore investments, saying his holdings in the Cayman Islands and elsewhere have no effect on the amount he pays in U.S. taxes.

But the campaign’s assertions may be wrong or misleading. Tax experts said some of the offshore holdings are likely intended to help Mr. Romney avoid paying an obscure but hefty tax of as much as 35% on some of those investments, held in a tax-deferred retirement account.

As The Wall Street Journal reported in Thursday’s paper, many of Mr. Romney’s offshore investments are held through his individual retirement account, which has grown to between $20.7 million and $101.6 million. IRAs are tax-deferred accounts, in which earnings accrue tax-free until the money is withdrawn during retirement.

Mr. Romney’s IRA has grown so large, it appears, due to investments in various vehicles managed by Bain Capital, the investment fund he helped found in 1984. His latest financial disclosure report, filed in August, shows that many of the IRAs assets are in Bain-affiliated entities located offshore, including one in the Cayman Islands that the report listed as having a value of between $5 million and $25 million.

Avoidance and Evasion are two seperate things.     Have you ever taken Tax in your MBA program? 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2012, 01:46:20 PM »
i'll tell the WSJ they got shit wrong

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2012, 03:14:57 PM »

WSJ is not asserting that he's evading taxes.  they're simply giving the facts that they know.  as far as i've read he's doing nothing illegal.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2012, 04:11:24 PM »
I'm tempted to not pay any of the taxes I'll owe this year so more power to Mitt. It disgusts me to the point of vomiting that I have to fork over my hard-earned dollars so that cocksuckers like Blacken can post on this board 18 hours a day.

You're one of the most brain-dead economic illiterates I've ever seen. I'll stick with the WSJ before I do the opinion of a degenerate, flip-flopping hick living in Bumfucksville, Florida.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2012, 04:34:26 PM »
I'm tempted to not pay any of the taxes I'll owe this year so more power to Mitt. It disgusts me to the point of vomiting that I have to fork over my hard-earned dollars so that cocksuckers like Blacken can post on this board 18 hours a day.

You're one of the most brain-dead economic illiterates I've ever seen. I'll stick with the WSJ before I do the opinion of a degenerate, flip-flopping hick living in Bumfucksville, Florida.

wow who thought the getbig tough guy would come on and run his little pussy mouth. oh it's just me fury,one of my gimmick accounts.this is the gimmick i play like i'm tough, so don't mess with me  :D

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2012, 08:10:07 PM »
wow who thought the getbig tough guy would come on and run his little pussy mouth. oh it's just me fury,one of my gimmick accounts.this is the gimmick i play like i'm tough, so don't mess with me  :D

How's welfare treating you?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2012, 09:11:09 PM »

Avoidance and Evasion are two seperate things.     Have you ever taken Tax in your MBA program? 
240 tested out of those classes buy finishing the maze on the back of the cereal box in under 2 mins...

magna cum laude

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2012, 06:13:08 AM »
240 tested out of those classes buy finishing the maze on the back of the cereal box in under 2 mins...

magna cum laude

i actually did graduate magna cum laude, thanks :) 

but I hate those people who have to work their education into the first 2 minutes of every conversation - and even worse when they have to try to include "well, I was summa cum laude..." or whatever.   it's school.  having an advanced degree isn't that big a thing.  To this day, I still can't understand why people make fun of each other's degrees.  I doubt football players sit around and tease each other over traopies an state titles, etc.  An education is a great thing.  To shit on others for their shows some serious insecurities.  I talk to phDs/mba/JDs all the time, along with high school dropouts.  The conversation and mindset is the same - we're all just trying to get by, get laid, and be entertained while we're here.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2012, 06:41:42 AM »
i actually did graduate magna cum laude, thanks :)  

but I hate those people who have to work their education into the first 2 minutes of every conversation - and even worse when they have to try to include "well, I was summa cum laude..." or whatever.   it's school.  having an advanced degree isn't that big a thing.  To this day, I still can't understand why people make fun of each other's degrees.  I doubt football players sit around and tease each other over traopies an state titles, etc.  An education is a great thing.  To shit on others for their shows some serious insecurities.  I talk to phDs/mba/JDs all the time, along with high school dropouts.  The conversation and mindset is the same - we're all just trying to get by, get laid, and be entertained while we're here.
People always want to be competitive about something, especially people who are insecure or not confident with themselves.
They always want to feel like the extra fortune they spent makes them somehow more special than someone who didnt spend as much but wound up with a job that pays just as well. Lol.

People always have to feel like theyre special.

(not talking about people in this thread, just about friends I know and how they interact with each other)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2012, 06:47:06 AM »
i met a lady at a party, a few weeks back, i think i posted about it here.

1st minute of conversation, she is dropping 'well, a summa cum laude like myself'.... and 'if I can get a graduate degree, i can do anything'...

I mean, lady, lots of us have them.  not a huge deal.  settle down, have a drink, and have a good time.  stop trying to 1-up people.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2012, 06:56:01 AM »
i met a lady at a party, a few weeks back, i think i posted about it here.

1st minute of conversation, she is dropping 'well, a summa cum laude like myself'.... and 'if I can get a graduate degree, i can do anything'...

I mean, lady, lots of us have them.  not a huge deal.  settle down, have a drink, and have a good time.  stop trying to 1-up people.
Must be her big accomplishment in life. Ive noticed when women do something they think is some kind of major accomplishment, it becomes their whole life, and everyone else has to know too, like doing well in school is such a great achievement that everyone needs to know, lol.

My guess is she majorly doubts herself and she has to constantly get reassurance from others that she has worth, lol. Was she married? Boyfriend?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2012, 07:01:07 AM »
she was drinking like 1 drink every 8 minutes, was smashed and dancing by the pool in no time.  I was just some scrub playing guitar, so it was particularly funny when she slooowed down 'summa cum laude' when explaining it to me.  all i could do was shake my head and realize that's all she's got.  she bragged about the 5 years she invested in earning that masters.  eh.  the rate at which she drank... she was on a mission haha.  those ppl are always hilarious... must get drunk in record time, every time.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2012, 07:39:33 AM »
How's welfare treating you?

just  because you work 7 to 5 at the golden arches don't be angry at me :D