Author Topic: Interesting calculation considering half lives and testosterone ...  (Read 4957 times)

Marlo Stanfield

• Getbig IV
  • You want it to be one way,but it's the other way.
<geek on>

So im about to get started on TRT, and i've been obsessing curious about how much testosterone will actually be in my system at any given time, considering the half lives etc. Me being in the geeky mood that im in, i decided to develop an algorithm for it... this is what i came up with, and feel free to correct it if you think its wrong :

Total_Test=0;               
Total_Week=10;            (week)
Weekly_Ingestion=300;  (mg)

for i=0:(Total_Week-1)

Total_Test=Total_Test+Weekly_Ingestion/(2^(i))
end

Total_Test

so for example, if you set Weekly ingestion for 300mg, and lets say 3 weeks of cycle, you total test will be 525 ( 300+150+75... 300 for latest week, 150 remaining from the week before, 75 remaining from 2 weeks before)

so something interesting i noticed is that after 9 weeks, the total amount of test in your system is DOUBLE your weekly ingestion ( considering a 7 day half cycle) (+- 1mg)...

100mg @ 9 weeks=199.8047
200mg @ 9 weeks=399.6094
300mg @ 9 weeks=599.4141
400mg @ 9 weeks=799.2188
500mg @ 9 weeks=999.0234

so if anyone else ever needed an easy back of the envelope calculation, there ya go

</geek>

breakmore

• Getbig III
Re: Interesting calculation considering half lives and testosterone ...
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 06:25:03 AM »
<geek on>
</geek>
http://roidcalc.com/

This site has everything as well as graphs and variables which can be set to calculate everything.

mik1111

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 08:35:53 AM »
that's why i'm using only short estered drugs.
the sides after  +-2 weeks tend to show up with enanth...

Marlo Stanfield

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 06:02:37 PM »
that's why i'm using only short estered drugs.
the sides after  +-2 weeks tend to show up with enanth...

i think the approach should be that with longer esters, your actually taking more than what it seems.

correct me if im wrong, but for example if you take 500mg/week of test prop and your buddy takes 500mg/week of enanthate, after the 2+ weeks, your buddy actually has more test in his system than you, so of course more sides show up compared to test prop , because you have 500mg in your system, your buddy has 750mg+ in his system

SmoofCat

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2012, 07:10:44 PM »
i think the approach should be that with longer esters, your actually taking more than what it seems.

correct me if im wrong, but for example if you take 500mg/week of test prop and your buddy takes 500mg/week of enanthate, after the 2+ weeks, your buddy actually has more test in his system than you, so of course more sides show up compared to test prop , because you have 500mg in your system, your buddy has 750mg+ in his system

this confuses me. i always thought that the short esters had more active hormone in them.

for example, i always thought that tren ace 100 mg/ml contained significantly more active hormone than tren E @ the same dose...

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2012, 07:35:56 PM »
You want it to be one way.  But it's the other way.

FAST LANE

• Getbig III
  • Life's too short to be small
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2012, 08:00:49 PM »

Not hating at all bro, or trying to be a dick in anyway.. because thats pretty cool the calculation you came up with and very interesting stuff indeed.. but yes you are wrong in the fact that long esters = more test (or whatever drug) I just used your example) are greater than short esters

The longer the ester, the less active steroid molucle there is.. there is a chart online but I'm too lazy to post it.. But IIRC, I believe its more or less test prop = 87mg and test e 72 per 100mg of active steroid

So for tren a and tren e, same goes as well.. your always getting more active hormone in the shorter ester, because long esters are heavier/contain more water I believe.

FAST LANE

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2012, 08:02:07 PM »
...i always thought that the short esters had more active hormone in them.

for example, i always thought that tren ace 100 mg/ml contained significantly more active hormone than tren E @ the same dose...
Yes, your correct

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2012, 01:25:32 AM »
what doc are you seeing that will give you 300mg a week?

Marlo Stanfield

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2012, 05:19:25 AM »
what doc are you seeing that will give you 300mg a week?

The doc is giving 200mg every 2 weeks... i just used the 300mg as an example, becuase that seems to be what most people take ...

thats the whole reason i came up with the chart, i wanted to split the 200mg every 2 weeks and do 100mg every week, so i wanted to see how much active test i have in my system

Marlo Stanfield

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2012, 05:24:25 AM »
Not hating at all bro, or trying to be a dick in anyway.. because thats pretty cool the calculation you came up with and very interesting stuff indeed.. but yes you are wrong in the fact that long esters = more test (or whatever drug) I just used your example) are greater than short esters

The longer the ester, the less active steroid molucle there is.. there is a chart online but I'm too lazy to post it.. But IIRC, I believe its more or less test prop = 87mg and test e 72 per 100mg of active steroid

So for tren a and tren e, same goes as well.. your always getting more active hormone in the shorter ester, because long esters are heavier/contain more water I believe.

thanks bro, and i know your not hating, i wasnt sure anywaaays thats why o said correct me if im wrong. I know the longer esters have less active hormones...
again, not trying to be a dick, but im curious if my logic is correct ...after your second week of injection, for all intent and purposes, all the test prop from week 1 is essentially gone, and you have a fresh new 500mg in your system, but 250mg of Test E from week 1 is remaining + the 500 fresh one you injected... and if you take into account the esters ( 72% for test E and 87% for test prop)

500 Test Prop x 87% = 435 mg in your system
750 Test Enan x 72% = 540 mg in your system

Does this make sense? or is this not how it works?

thanks

FAST LANE

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2012, 03:09:19 PM »
Yeah, that actually does make sense,, hmmm that's interesting I don't know the answer to that  ???  Personally, I'm a fan of short esters, but if you do figure out the answer, let me know

chess315

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2012, 05:12:42 PM »
<geek on>

So im about to get started on TRT, and i've been obsessing curious about how much testosterone will actually be in my system at any given time, considering the half lives etc. Me being in the geeky mood that im in, i decided to develop an algorithm for it... this is what i came up with, and feel free to correct it if you think its wrong :

Total_Test=0;                
Total_Week=10;            (week)
Weekly_Ingestion=300;  (mg)

for i=0:(Total_Week-1)

Total_Test=Total_Test+Weekly_Ingestion/(2^(i))
end

Total_Test

so for example, if you set Weekly ingestion for 300mg, and lets say 3 weeks of cycle, you total test will be 525 ( 300+150+75... 300 for latest week, 150 remaining from the week before, 75 remaining from 2 weeks before)

so something interesting i noticed is that after 9 weeks, the total amount of test in your system is DOUBLE your weekly ingestion ( considering a 7 day half cycle) (+- 1mg)...

100mg @ 9 weeks=199.8047
200mg @ 9 weeks=399.6094
300mg @ 9 weeks=599.4141
400mg @ 9 weeks=799.2188
500mg @ 9 weeks=999.0234

so if anyone else ever needed an easy back of the envelope calculation, there ya go

</geek>

I dont think that is correct it doesnt make logical sense you would have had more way test in your blood if you added up each week then you shot up. when you shot 500mg of test e your blood level never goes over 500mg also you have to account for the test remaining when you stop the cycle when it tapers down. I have a chart ill try to find it I'm not saying its correct but thats not either.

Marlo Stanfield

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2012, 05:17:50 PM »
I dont think that is correct it doesnt make logical sense you would have had more way test in your blood if you added up each then you shot up. when you shot 500mg of test e your blood level never goes over 500mg

im not sure if i follow ???

you said "when you shot 500mg of test e your blood level never goes over 500mg" . for simplicity just use 2 weeks as en example and use 7 days as the half life, and assume you shoot monday. First week you have 500 mg in your system, next monday when you inject, you have 250mg from the week before ( the test has reached its half life), and you have 500mg from the fresh injection, so not sure when you say it wont go above 500mg

chess315

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2012, 05:21:07 PM »
it dont work that way.  For a 9 week cycle at 500mg you would need 4grams of test add up your totals for each week using that theory it would be way over 4grams and its not accounting you would have 500mg in your blood when you stopped the cycle then wk 10)250  wk)11 125 and so fourth I'll grab that chart I cant get it now.

I mean you would have used 1gm week 9) then week 10 ) 500mg  11)250   thats half the test you injected almost where would have the test in your blood the previous weeks have came from 4grams is only 4grams. Its set up so you hit a celling you wont just keep climbing

chess315

« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2012, 05:32:24 PM »
im not sure if i follow ???

you said "when you shot 500mg of test e your blood level never goes over 500mg" . for simplicity just use 2 weeks as en example and use 7 days as the half life, and assume you shoot monday. First week you have 500 mg in your system, next monday when you inject, you have 250mg from the week before ( the test has reached its half life), and you have 500mg from the fresh injection, so not sure when you say it wont go above 500mg

it just dont I dont know why  
2.250 +125
3.250 +125 + 62.5
4. 250 + 125 + 62.5 + 31.125
5. 250 + 125 + 62.5 + 31.25 +  16.5175

at that point your pretty much stable it stays like that the test you lose and the test you gain equals out thats out of my head so not exact

JUMPER

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2012, 05:33:17 PM »
to much thinking :D

Marlo Stanfield

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2012, 06:11:14 PM »
it just dont I dont know why  
2.250 +125
3.250 +125 + 62.5
4. 250 + 125 + 62.5 + 31.125
5. 250 + 125 + 62.5 + 31.25 +  16.5175

at that point your pretty much stable it stays like that the test you lose and the test you gain equals out thats out of my head so not exact

in this example, you injecting 250mg weekly correct? if you are, then your basically saying the same thing im saying because "5. 250 + 125 + 62.5 + 31.25 +  16.5175 = 485 " . which is pretty much what im saying, im saying that if you inject a testostrone with half life of 7 days, after 5-6 weeks, the stable amount of testostrone in your bloodstream is double your weekly injection amount...( after 5 weeks its 485, but if you o more and more, the answer converges and never exceeds 500)

NeilGM

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2012, 01:00:19 AM »
There is half life and then there is ACTIVE HALF life. The active half life is less than the half life, this is how long the chemical is active/useable in the body before if ceases to do anything other than be detectable. The time for your levels to peak will vary on the on the amount you inject and how often and the length of ester that you are using.. Someone who is using fast acting steroids such as Tren Ace and Test P will hit their peak much quicker than Sus & Deca, hence the reason longer esters take a few weeks to "kick in".

The roid calculater uses half lifes, not active half lifes however you can adjust the settings and work it out.

Note: Longer easters have less active compound as the ester takes up more space thus giving less of the given substance. For example there is more active Test in Prop than there is in Cyp as the ester is much shorter.

The trick is to be consistant with injections and give them time to work.

chess315

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2012, 01:11:27 AM »
in this example, you injecting 250mg weekly correct? if you are, then your basically saying the same thing im saying because "5. 250 + 125 + 62.5 + 31.25 +  16.5175 = 485 " . which is pretty much what im saying, im saying that if you inject a testostrone with half life of 7 days, after 5-6 weeks, the stable amount of testostrone in your bloodstream is double your weekly injection amount...( after 5 weeks its 485, but if you o more and more, the answer converges and never exceeds 500)
no 500mg you only have half the amount in your blood the first week or 8 days i dont know I care so much about this lol just bored I'm putting the legit 500mg a week dosing chat below

chess315

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2012, 01:12:03 AM »
thats using 500mg a week you never get over 500mg
Here is a chart demonstrating the bioavailability and how long it takes to even reach that 500mg per 8 day mark. For this demonstration we will use 8 days for 1 wk.
Wk 1 – 250mg
Wk 2 – 375mg
Wk 3 – 437.5mg
Wk 4 – 469.2mg
Wk 5 – 485mg
Wk 6 – 492.9mg
Wk 7 – 496.8mg
Wk 8 – 498.7mg

http://basskilleronline.com/steroids-frontloading.shtml     theres the link to that and lots of other articles on that and steroids. Steroid chemistry and such if you have never seen that website it is one of the best article collection any where.

Marlo Stanfield

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2012, 05:01:06 AM »
thats using 500mg a week you never get over 500mg
Here is a chart demonstrating the bioavailability and how long it takes to even reach that 500mg per 8 day mark. For this demonstration we will use 8 days for 1 wk.
Wk 1 – 250mg
Wk 2 – 375mg
Wk 3 – 437.5mg
Wk 4 – 469.2mg
Wk 5 – 485mg
Wk 6 – 492.9mg
Wk 7 – 496.8mg
Wk 8 – 498.7mg

http://basskilleronline.com/steroids-frontloading.shtml     theres the link to that and lots of other articles on that and steroids. Steroid chemistry and such if you have never seen that website it is one of the best article collection any where.

good link,

im no chemist nor a biologist, so i cant attest to the accuracy of the material in the link.

i guess i was under the impression that if you inject 500mg of test, you have 500mg of test in your body, and when the half life raches, then you will have 250 remaining in your body and so forth

but according to the link ( this is where a biologist wiill come in handy), apparently when you inject 500mg of testosterone, you will have ZERO testosterone from that injection UNTIL the half-life of the hormone arrive, and when it reaches the half life, at that point you will have 250 of test in your body.

i thought for a 500 mg of test injection, this is how how it worked: 500 ==> 250 ==>125 ==>62.5 and so forth

but according to this link, for 500 mg of test, this is how it works: 0 ==>250 ==>125 ==>62.5

Maybe someone can confirm this?