Author Topic: do you bake your gear  (Read 4927 times)

diamondcut

• Getbig III
do you bake your gear
« on: January 25, 2012, 12:52:48 AM »
just curious

and if so, all of the inj'ables or just certain compounds

aesthetics

• Getbig IV
  • ~lil' cutey~
Re: do you bake your gear
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 01:32:28 AM »
never and no one should, ever.

Treninghard

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 02:15:48 AM »
yeah, makes ur gear lose potency and it isnt needed

diamondcut

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 02:42:53 AM »
i read this post by some "higher up" on the boards

""When you purchase gear off the black market you are at risk for infection, abcesses and even death. It still astounds me today how trusting people are when it comes to gear. Especially from underground labs-I don't care how pretty the label is.

The worst case scenario is that the gear is "formulated" with grocery store oil, low grade chinese hormone powders, and tons of chemical grade solvents. Chances are these brews are probably mixed in big ceramic bowls and filled into non sterile bottles and capped off. If you are lucky they might bake it first or run it through some leaky clarification filter before they bottle it in their garage. so here we go-this is piggybacked off a thread I wrote:

Why not deal with a problem before it occurs-infections painful gear test flu etc
I have seen thousands of posts in 13 years on these boards about pain inflammation infections cellulitus hell even dead tissue cut out and drained test flu out the ass guys miserable on stuff.

It's as simple as baking the gear at 130-160 degrees C in the oven for 30 minutes to one hour then vent the vial quickly with a pin.

PEACE of mind. And no it doesn't destroy or degrade the hormone. If you are really meticulous you can pass it through a .2 um filter into a new vial and bake.

There are 2 goals to ensure that the gear is sterile and the BA pain factor is lower so baking and a dding some blank oil will make your gear like it should be. Potent clean and pain and particulate free.

Do the right thing guys, it your cycle that gets fked up, it's you life that could go...worse case..take care of yourselves and IF any doubt you are in trouble get the ER 911 ASAP....

http://www.aapsj.org/abstracts/AM_1999/973.htm
"DRY HEAT STERILIZATION OF PARENTERAL OIL VEHICLES.

T Kupiec1 , R Ahmad2 , P Matthews3 , L V Allen, Jr.4

1Analytical Research Laboratories, Edmond, OK, 2University of Central Oklahoma, Edmond, OK, 3Analytical Research Laboratories, Edmond, OK, 4Midwest Institute of Research and Technology, Edmond, OK,

Purpose.
The purpose of this study was to evaluate the effect of temperature and time on the dry heat sterilization conditions of three different parenteral oil vehicles.

Methods. Three different oils, cottonseed oil, peanut oil, and sesame seed oil were each spiked with Bacillus subtillus spores. The inoculated oils were exposed to dry heat at 4 different temperatures (150ºC, 160ºC, 170ºC, and 180ºC) for three time intervals (1, 1.5 and 2 hours).

Following inoculation and dry heat sterilization, samples were placed in a sterile laminar flow hood and processed according to <71> Sterility Tests of the USP XXIII using thioglycolate broth and fluid D. The specimens were then placed into the incubator at 30ºC for 3, 5 and 7 days and observed for bacterial growth. The above variables were performed in triplicate. Positive and negative controls were run along with each variable and group for quality control.

Results. Cottonseed oil, peanut oil, and sesame seed oil were found to be free of Bacillus subtillus following dry heat sterilization at all four temperatures for 1, 1.5 and 2 hours at 3, 5 and 7 days. The positive controls were positive for observed growth and the negative controls had no observed bacterial growth.

Conclusions. Dry heat sterilization of parenteral oils at 150ºC for one hour was sufficient time and temperature. However the authors recommend dry heat sterilization at 160ºC for one hour after the oil has reached the desired temperature. These studies were partially funded by the Professional Compounding Centers of America, Inc."""

diamondcut

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 02:45:33 AM »
i read this post by some "higher up" on the boards

""When you purchase gear off the black market you are at risk for infection, abcesses and even death. It still astounds me today how trusting people are when it comes to gear. Especially from underground labs-I don't care how pretty the label is.

The worst case scenario is that the gear is "formulated" with grocery store oil, low grade chinese hormone powders, and tons of chemical grade solvents. Chances are these brews are probably mixed in big ceramic bowls and filled into non sterile bottles and capped off. If you are lucky they might bake it first or run it through some leaky clarification filter before they bottle it in their garage. so here we go-this is piggybacked off a thread I wrote:

Why not deal with a problem before it occurs-infections painful gear test flu etc
I have seen thousands of posts in 13 years on these boards about pain inflammation infections cellulitus hell even dead tissue cut out and drained test flu out the ass guys miserable on stuff.

It's as simple as baking the gear at 130-160 degrees C in the oven for 30 minutes to one hour then vent the vial quickly with a pin.

PEACE of mind. And no it doesn't destroy or degrade the hormone. If you are really meticulous you can pass it through a .2 um filter into a new vial and bake.

There are 2 goals to ensure that the gear is sterile and the BA pain factor is lower so baking and a dding some blank oil will make your gear like it should be. Potent clean and pain and particulate free.

Do the right thing guys, it your cycle that gets fked up, it's you life that could go...worse case..take care of yourselves and IF any doubt you are in trouble get the ER 911 ASAP....

http://www.aapsj.org/abstracts/AM_1999/973.htm
"DRY HEAT STERILIZATION OF PARENTERAL OIL VEHICLES.

T Kupiec1 , R Ahmad2 , P Matthews3 , L V Allen, Jr.4

1Analytical Research Laboratories, Edmond, OK, 2University of Central Oklahoma, Edmond, OK, 3Analytical Research Laboratories, Edmond, OK, 4Midwest Institute of Research and Technology, Edmond, OK,

Purpose.
The purpose of this study was to evaluate the effect of temperature and time on the dry heat sterilization conditions of three different parenteral oil vehicles.

Methods. Three different oils, cottonseed oil, peanut oil, and sesame seed oil were each spiked with Bacillus subtillus spores. The inoculated oils were exposed to dry heat at 4 different temperatures (150ºC, 160ºC, 170ºC, and 180ºC) for three time intervals (1, 1.5 and 2 hours).

Following inoculation and dry heat sterilization, samples were placed in a sterile laminar flow hood and processed according to <71> Sterility Tests of the USP XXIII using thioglycolate broth and fluid D. The specimens were then placed into the incubator at 30ºC for 3, 5 and 7 days and observed for bacterial growth. The above variables were performed in triplicate. Positive and negative controls were run along with each variable and group for quality control.

Results. Cottonseed oil, peanut oil, and sesame seed oil were found to be free of Bacillus subtillus following dry heat sterilization at all four temperatures for 1, 1.5 and 2 hours at 3, 5 and 7 days. The positive controls were positive for observed growth and the negative controls had no observed bacterial growth.

Conclusions. Dry heat sterilization of parenteral oils at 150ºC for one hour was sufficient time and temperature. However the authors recommend dry heat sterilization at 160ºC for one hour after the oil has reached the desired temperature. These studies were partially funded by the Professional Compounding Centers of America, Inc."""

the crap about this study is that it doesnt even factor in benzyl alcohol, which should kill off any growth of bacteria (much like bacteriostatic water)

some guys bake to evaporate the BA so that the injections aren't as painful, but why not just cut it with less painful gear or more oil like cottonseed oil etc

i honestly dont see the point of baking gear

diamondcut

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2012, 08:29:53 PM »
bump

Max B

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2012, 09:25:47 PM »
hmm what if your gear is crashed... ive done it before at 200 degrees for about 20 minutes but that isnt really baking....

diamondcut

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2012, 09:29:39 PM »
LOL well i don't really mean in the sense to reconstitute a crashed solution or baking like a cookie in the oven! but,

heating in a vial over a boiling pot of water, or something similar

lol my oven doesn't even go down to as low as 250F, i don't think

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2012, 10:37:49 PM »
as long as you keep the temperature moderate its fine. BA  prevents the growth of new bacteria but im not sure if it takes care of existing ones. when i used to homebrew my gear i would measure out enough oil, put it into a ceramic bowl, put it in the oven at 450 for an hour, take out the bowl, add the hormone, put bakc in oven at i think 300 or 350 till gear is melted, stir once with glass rod swabbed with benzyl alcohol... then take out the bowl and before transfering into a 100cc vial add in desired amount of co solvents BA and BB.. usually 2% and 10% repsectively.. i wouldnt use a filter of any kind, never had any luck with those, always seemed to fuck up and get clogged, just put it straight form the bowl into the vial. only got an infection once and it was from not cleaning inject site before putting the needle to the skin.

long story short, baking at moderate temp is okay.

aesthetics

• Getbig IV
  • ~lil' cutey~
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2012, 02:22:12 AM »
hmm what if your gear is crashed... ive done it before at 200 degrees for about 20 minutes but that isnt really baking....

hot water from tap into a pan or pot and then set your vial in there for 10m.

aesthetics

• Getbig IV
  • ~lil' cutey~
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2012, 02:29:58 AM »
as long as you keep the temperature moderate its fine. BA  prevents the growth of new bacteria but im not sure if it takes care of existing ones. when i used to homebrew my gear i would measure out enough oil, put it into a ceramic bowl, put it in the oven at 450 for an hour, take out the bowl, add the hormone, put bakc in oven at i think 300 or 350 till gear is melted, stir once with glass rod swabbed with benzyl alcohol... then take out the bowl and before transfering into a 100cc vial add in desired amount of co solvents BA and BB.. usually 2% and 10% repsectively.. i wouldnt use a filter of any kind, never had any luck with those, always seemed to fuck up and get clogged, just put it straight form the bowl into the vial. only got an infection once and it was from not cleaning inject site before putting the needle to the skin.

long story short, baking at moderate temp is okay.

ba is bacteriostatic, it slows down the growth of new bacteria. doesn't entirely stop it since not much is used, typically just 1-2% but it's enough to prevent infections from occurring unless the oil was made with dirty equipment and there is a large colony of bacteria present in the oil when it was made.

baking doesn't kill bacteria, you will destroy your hormone before you kill the bacteria so it is counterproductive to bake your gear. the problem lies with oil being a viscous fluid and temperatures need to be much higher than if dry baking, or an autoclave is needed. either way, the hormone will be ruined before you kill the bacteria and the best thing to do is just refilter using a .2 micron filter as it will get 98-99% of bacteria and the ba will suppress the remaining bacteria from becoming an issue.

whitewidow

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2012, 02:52:24 AM »
some people get crashed gear and soak it in boiling watter on low of course with the juice in the vial and that will turn it back into liquid but I would not use it. I feel bad for the people who do. I got a crashed Viall Of Test Cypionate once and the guy said it was because he used so little BA it crashed it was all gelled up he said to boil some wter and pput the burner on low and then let the water set a minute and set the vial in it. it did turn back into liquid but it clumped back up in like 20minutes and I told him I was sending it back and he accepted it. the sust he sent was good. this was from a UGL of course like 7 years ago.This guy was like the biggest source at that time everybody thought his stuff was the best thing since sliced bread!He was the first guy I know of who used ethyl oleate. He did have some god product but for some reason this test cyp was garbage.but he resent the cyp and I even think he tossed in a free vial of sust.

202-Freak

• Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2012, 05:45:13 AM »
If a person feels they need to bake their gear, they obviously need a better source that can inspire some confidence.

StackedDec

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2012, 03:39:11 PM »
I baked my homebrew bologna for 40 mins at 250 F and it is still potent as shit.  On day 7 of 75mg/day.  Recovery is insane right now, I can't wait to stack it with some t next time.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2012, 04:06:41 PM »
ba is bacteriostatic, it slows down the growth of new bacteria. doesn't entirely stop it since not much is used, typically just 1-2% but it's enough to prevent infections from occurring unless the oil was made with dirty equipment and there is a large colony of bacteria present in the oil when it was made.

baking doesn't kill bacteria, you will destroy your hormone before you kill the bacteria so it is counterproductive to bake your gear. the problem lies with oil being a viscous fluid and temperatures need to be much higher than if dry baking, or an autoclave is needed. either way, the hormone will be ruined before you kill the bacteria and the best thing to do is just refilter using a .2 micron filter as it will get 98-99% of bacteria and the ba will suppress the remaining bacteria from becoming an issue.
ya i baked the oil seperate from the hormone at my ovens hottest temperature just to clean the oil out a bit since it wasnt pre filtered or anything.. just some regular old cotton seed... then after letting it heat for a while id take it out, put it in the hormone, and let it melt at a low temp i the oven..  i think the temp required to damage most hormones is above 400 degrees..  and i was below that when the gear was in the oven... my problem was shitty bunk powder  ;D

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2012, 04:14:45 PM »
just curious

and if so, all of the inj'ables or just certain compounds

dont need to. come from the pharmacy.  ;D sorry bros.

Brocty

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2012, 04:42:43 PM »
use to bake but now it is so cheap to grab from a good chef, no hastles of getting all the supplies, filtering, all that jazz.   Was fun for awhile though

FAST LANE

• Getbig III
  • Life's too short to be small
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2012, 07:38:07 PM »
dont need to. come from the pharmacy.  ;D sorry bros.
Lucky!!  8)

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2012, 10:12:42 PM »
Lucky!!  8)
being over 40 has its perks.

FAST LANE

• Getbig III
  • Life's too short to be small
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2012, 08:07:52 AM »

NY MUSCLE

• Getbig II
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2012, 04:50:21 PM »
This seems to be an area of mixed thoughts i say if it makes u feel better about your gear then do it. I have had friends that always bake and have problems with infections because they are dirty fuckers and don't wash hands and take proper precautions. I have never had any issues either way but lets be honest people suck and take short cuts to save money and drug dealers don't have morals lets face it, it is all about getting money SO make your choices wisely. Nothing will sideline training like having a chunk of your ass or any other body part cut into due to having to drain an infection.

aesthetics

• Getbig IV
  • ~lil' cutey~
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2012, 11:58:42 AM »
ya i baked the oil seperate from the hormone at my ovens hottest temperature just to clean the oil out a bit since it wasnt pre filtered or anything.. just some regular old cotton seed... then after letting it heat for a while id take it out, put it in the hormone, and let it melt at a low temp i the oven..  i think the temp required to damage most hormones is above 400 degrees..  and i was below that when the gear was in the oven... my problem was shitty bunk powder  ;D

i'm not sure what temp is needed to damage hormones since i think it might be specific to each hormone, not sure though. not someone i've ever looked into because i've never intended on baking the hormone itself at a higher temperature than 150 degrees.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2012, 11:59:45 AM »
ya they have different melting points so the temp to degrade them would proll differ as well..