Author Topic: Obama tries to thug up Gov. Brewer on the tarmac. FUBO!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 3706 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
OBAMA HAS HEATED ARGUMENT WITH AZ GOV
Wed Jan 25 2012 18:33:56 ET

www.drudgereport.com

POOL REPORT

President Obama arrived in Phoenix at 3:15 pm local time, finding the chilly weather of Iowa giving way to sunny skies and temperatures in the high 60s.

He stepped off Air Force One at 3:28 pm and was greeted by Gov. Jan Brewer. She handed him a handwritten letter in an envelope and they spoke intensely for a few minutes. At one point, she pointed her finger at him.

Afterwards, your pooler spoke with the governor.

"He was a little disturbed about my book, Scorpions for Breakfast. I said to him that I have all the respect in the world for the office of the president. The book is what the book is. I asked him if he read the book. He said he read the excerpt. So."

Asked what aspect of the book disturbed him, Brewer said: "That he didn't feel that I had treated him cordially. I said I was sorry he felt that way but I didn't get my sentence finished. Anyway, we're glad he's here. I'll regroup."

On the letter, she said it was personal letter asking him to sit down with her to discuss the "Arizona comeback."

She said she "reiterated an invitation that I've extended to him before with regards to coming to arizona and going to the border with me." She said she would take him to lunch.

"We've had a remarkable comeback here and I want to share that with him."

She said the president brought up the book.

"I thought we probably would've talked about the things that were important to him and important to me, helping one another. Our country is upside down. Arizona was upside down. But we have turned it around. I know again that he loves this country and I love this country."

It was clear from the moment they greeted one another that this would not be a run-of-the-mill encounter between the president and a local official. At one point, she was pointing her finger at him and at another, they were talking at the same time, seemingly over each other.

He appeared to walk away from her while they were still talking, and she confirmed that by saying she didn't finish her sentence.

When Brewer spoke with your pooler, the AP and an NBC producer for several minutes afterwards, she appeared a bit flustered and taken aback by the conversation. Asked if she was, that's when Brewer said, "I'll regroup."

Developing...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Obama tries to thug up Gov. Brewer on the tarmac. FUBO!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 04:13:56 PM »
pointing your finger in the face of the prez.  

lmfao..  

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 04:14:45 PM »
Obama is such a thin skinned little prick.  He pulled the same shit with jindal over his book.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 04:15:38 PM »
pointing your finger in the face of the prez.  

lmfao..  

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Obama deserves it.  He sued the state and ran F & F out of there.   This communist wretch deserves zero respect. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 04:36:13 PM »
Brewer says Obama took her to task for her book during trip to Arizona
fox ^ | 1/25/12 | ap

MESA, Ariz. – Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer says President Obama complained to her about how she depicted him in her book.

It happened when Obama landed in Air Force One Wednesday at Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport, where Brewer met him on the tarmac.

Reporters observed the two leaders in intense conversation.

(Excerpt) Read more at foxnews.com ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Obama - OWNED 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2012, 07:31:49 PM »
Thou Shalt Not Write Bad Things About Obama
7:18 PM, JAN 25, 2012    • BY JONATHAN V. LASTSingle PagePrintLarger TextSmaller TextAlerts       
Drudge has a story about Obama getting off of Air Force One in Arizona, greeting Republican governor Jan Brewer, and immediately giving her a piece of his mind. Evidently our president did not appreciate something Brewer wrote about him. According to the pool report, they had a testy exchange from which the president walked away as Brewer was still speaking.

Sound familiar? Bobby Jindal got the same treatment when Obama came to visit Louisiana and the governor met him on the tarmac. Jindal would later recount in his book:

I was expecting words of concern about the oil spill, worry about the pending ecological disaster, and words of confidence about how the federal government was here to help. Or perhaps he was going to vent about BP’s slow response. But no, the president was upset about something else. And he wanted to talk about, well, food stamps. Actually, he wanted to talk about a letter that my administration had sent to Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack a day earlier.

The letter was rudimentary, bureaucratic, and ordinary. .  .  . We were simply asking the federal government to authorize food stamps for those who were now unemployed because of the oil spill. Governors regularly make these sorts of requests to the federal government when facing disaster.

But somehow, for some reason, President Obama had personalized this. And he was upset.

There was not a word about the oil spill. He was concerned about looking bad because of the letter. “Careful,” he said to me, “this is going to get bad for everyone.”

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2012, 07:48:56 PM »
She was just on Greta.   LMFAO.   Obama is such an immature delusional bitch.  She owned him.   

MM2K

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2012, 09:43:39 PM »
He allows himself to get his ass kicked by women left and right. Which is why he is so obsessed with power.
Jan. Jobs: 36,000!!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2012, 01:56:41 AM »
Jan Brewer on Tarmac Face Off: Obama "Tense...Thin-Skinned" (AUDIO)
Stand With Arizona ^ | 01-26-2012 | John Hill
Posted on January 26, 2012 12:10:25 AM EST by montag813

A few hours after she was bizarrely confronted by Barack Obama on the airport tarmac, Gov. Jan Brewer went on KFYI's Mike Broomhead Show to give us the details on what happened as the President faced off with the Arizona governor - generating national headlines and derailing his post-State of the Union message.

Brewer was stunned as Obama dispensed with the pleasantries and immediately scolded Brewer for her portrayal of their frosty, July 2010 Oval Office meeting in her memoir, Scorpions for Breakfast.

Brewer said Obama was "uh, a little tense". She said she tried to show respect but that Obama acted "thin-skinned", and complained about how she described their earlier meeting, in which Brewer made clear how little time she was given to speak, and how Obama condescendingly lectured her about immigration reform, and did not want to hear about border violence and the costs of illegal aliens to Arizona.

Here is the full audio, well worth a listen

Interestingly, this was not the first time that Obama acted so petulantly on an airport tarmac. After the BP oil spill, Obama gave Gov. Bobby Jindal a similar treatment, as the Weekly Standard details tonight.

Gov. Brewer, you did us proud today. You showed respect, but when offered none in return, you did not back down. Well done!

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2012, 02:29:52 AM »
I'm having a hard time believing it played out the way Brewer said it did.  I have doubts that Obama ran off the plane and started bitching about her book lol... She probably asked him about it and that's when he probably said he read excerpts.  Also most of the pictures of them on the tarmac show them both smiling hand happy.  They pick this one picture that looks confrontational and only from Brewer, not Obama.  And Fox runs with it and Brewer goes along with it?  Smells funny to me...  Plus, it wouldn't be the first time she acted like a crazy bitch.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2012, 02:47:11 AM »
He did the same thing to jindal.   

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2012, 06:34:45 AM »
Obama is trying so hard to come off as a badass. It isn't working.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2012, 10:18:07 AM »

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2012, 10:24:22 AM »
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2012, 10:25:28 AM »
LOL.   Blacks went 88% for Mondale - F A I L

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2012, 02:11:33 PM »
Obama: Do Not Criticize Me. Ever.
Mollie Hemingway, Ed. · 8 hours ago

This is a shot of the scene in Phoenix yesterday afternoon when Gov. Jan Brewer greeted President Barack Obama as he stepped off Air Force One.

She handed him a handwritten letter that led to an "intense" discussion for a few minutes. The pool report explains that President Obama was extremely upset about her treatment of him in her book Scorpions for Breakfast. She did not anticipate being berated and was mildly perturbed by the encounter, which included President Obama walking away from her while she was mid-sentence. Classy!

Jonathan V. Last at the Weekly Standard notes that this is becoming something of a pattern. When Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal greeted the president on the tarmac, he received similar treatment:

I was expecting words of concern about the oil spill, worry about the pending ecological disaster, and words of confidence about how the federal government was here to help. Or perhaps he was going to vent about BP’s slow response. But no, the president was upset about something else. And he wanted to talk about, well, food stamps. Actually, he wanted to talk about a letter that my administration had sent to Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack a day earlier.

The letter was rudimentary, bureaucratic, and ordinary. .  .  . We were simply asking the federal government to authorize food stamps for those who were now unemployed because of the oil spill. Governors regularly make these sorts of requests to the federal government when facing disaster.

But somehow, for some reason, President Obama had personalized this. And he was upset.

There was not a word about the oil spill. He was concerned about looking bad because of the letter. “Careful,” he said to me, “this is going to get bad for everyone.”

http://ricochet.com/main-feed/Obama-Do-Not-Criticize-Me.-Ever

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2012, 03:38:55 PM »
McCain backs Brewer in tarmac tiff, calls Obama 'prickly'
L.A. Times ^ | Jan. 26, 2012 | Christi Parsons

Reporting from Las Vegas— President Obama is spending the day in Las Vegas and Colorado trying to sell his vision for America's energy future, but he's going to have to work to overshadow the buzz around his personal clash with the Arizona governor the day before.

On Thursday, Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) came to the defense of Gov. Jan. Brewer in a conversation with Fox Business Network, where he suggested that President Obama can be a little abrasive.

"Apparently Bobby Jindal, the governor of Louisiana, had a similar exchange with the president," McCain said Thursday morning. "It is very well-known he has a prickly personality and I think it has been displayed in both of those cases."

(Excerpt) Read more at latimes.com ...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2012, 05:49:40 PM »

Reporting from Las Vegas— President Obama is spending the day in Las Vegas and Colorado trying to sell his vision for America's energy future, but he's going to have to work to overshadow the buzz around his personal clash with the Arizona governor the day before.

On Thursday, Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) came to the defense of Gov. Jan. Brewer in a conversation with Fox Business Network, where he suggested that President Obama can be a little abrasive.

"Apparently Bobby Jindal, the governor of Louisiana, had a similar exchange with the president," McCain said Thursday morning. "It is very well-known he has a prickly personality and I think it has been displayed in both of those cases."

You'd think the most powerful man in the world would be a little more secure. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2012, 05:57:57 PM »

November 12, 2010
Jindal Book: Obama An Arrogant Phony

Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal uses a new book to portray President Barack Obama as disconnected from the Gulf oil spill, charging that he was more focused on the political aftermath than the actual impact of the crisis.

Jindal recounts a pair of private conversations with the president that paint him as consumed with how his actions were being perceived.

On Obama's first trip to Louisiana after the disaster, the governor describes how the president took him aside on the tarmac after arriving to complain about a letter that Jindal had sent to the administration requesting authorization for food stamps for those who had lost their jobs because of the spill.

http://nation.foxnews.com/bobby-jindal/2010/11/12/jindal-book-obama-arrogant-phony

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2012, 06:07:34 PM »
b

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2012, 09:21:39 PM »
Free Republic
Browse · Search   Pings · Mail   News/Activism
Topics · Post Article
Skip to comments.

Brewer's book sales soar after altercation with Obama
YumaSun ^ | 1/26/12 | Howard Fischer
Posted on January 27, 2012 12:14:13 AM EST by Ballygrl

Brewer's book sales soar after altercation with Obama January 26, 2012 9:06 PM BY HOWARD FISCHER - CAPITOL MEDIA SERVICES

PHOENIX — It's debatable whether arguing with the president of the United States is a bad move politically.

But it appears it can be financially beneficial.

On Wednesday, sales “Scorpions for Breakfast'' were tepid. Amazon.com, where Gov. Jan Brewer has been marketing her political screed on border security, federalism and the “liberal media,'' reported that sales ranked it No. 343,222 of all the titles on its list.

By Thursday morning, though, it had skyrocketed to No. 56. And by early Thursday evening it had made it all the way to No. 10 on the best-seller list.

No other book on Amazon's list increased its sales by such a large percentage in the past 24 hours.

That sudden demand to see what Brewer wrote coincides with the highly publicized on-the-tarmac confrontation Wednesday between the governor and the president as he stepped off Air Force One to make a speech in Arizona.

When Brewer handed him a note asking for a meeting, the president took the opportunity to complain to the governor that he felt a bit burned after the last time they met nearly two years ago.

According to the White House, the president described that conversation as “a cordial discussion in the Oval Office.'' Brewer's recollection — at least as told in her 228-page book — was quite different.

“It was as though President Obama thought he would lecture me and I would learn at his knee,'' the governor wrote. “He was patronizing.''

Brewer told Capitol Media Services on Thursday she was surprised by the president's decision to confront her over the book, which has been on the shelves since early November.

Their brief airport conversation ended, Brewer said, when the president walked off while she was in mid-sentence. But that was not before a photo of the two of them nearly toe to toe, with Brewer pointing her finger at the president's face, went viral.

That generated extensive nationwide coverage about the dispute. More to the point, it shined a spotlight on the book, with many video news reports even including screen shots of its cover, complete with a photo of Brewer with her hand over her heart.

The White House, clearly surprised over all the publicity, is trying to downplay not only the whole incident but also discourage further news stories.

“I really assume you guys have more important issues to cover,'' press secretary Jay Carney told reporters traveling with the president on Thursday as he continues his multi-state tour.

But the story continues to develop on its own. Even Sen. John McCain added fuel Thursday with a comment that what happened at the airport on confirms that the president “has a prickly personality.''

And the governor herself is doing nothing to quell the publicity. In fact, she has been fanning the flames a bit, telling Capitol Media Services on Thursday the president is “a little thin-skinned and a little oversensitive.''

Brewer laughed off a question of whether she engineered the whole incident to bolster book sales.

“We could have never been this successful at it.” Anyway, the governor said, it was the president who brought up the subject of the book, not her.

“It's unfortunate we couldn't have talked about jobs and the economy,'' Brewer said of her brief time with the president at the airport, saying Obama was more focused on how he was portrayed in the book. “But if he wanted to talk about my book, I think it's sad that he didn't want to talk about the issue the book is about,'' meaning border security.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2012, 09:07:09 AM »
Arizona tarmac tiff trips Obama campaign
Governor carries her own message
By Dave Boyer
-
The Washington Times
Thursday, January 26, 2012

Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer makes a point to President Obama upon his arrival Wednesday at Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport. Mrs. Brewer said he took issue with a passage in her book that described an encounter in an unflattering manner. (Associated Press)Ads by GoogleForm an LLC in Minutes

Obama chose an unusual way to begin the campaign year in Arizona, where he hopes to reverse Democrats’ losing streak — by getting into a highly public confrontation with the state’s Republican governor.

Mr. Obama’s encounter with Gov. Jan Brewer at the airport in Mesa, where she was photographed wagging her right index finger at the president, captured their tense relationship over immigration, border security and federal gun-running.

Mr. Obama is trying to become the second Democrat to win Arizona since Harry S. Truman in 1948. President Bill Clinton won the state in 1996.

“The slim opportunity he might have had just disappeared,” said Tom Morrissey, the state’s Republican Party chairman. “I don’t think he helped himself. I think he stepped in it.”

Images of the encounter — and the competing statements issued by the White House and the governor - overshadowed media coverage of Mr. Obama’s intent for the visit: to build on policies and election-year themes of his State of the Union address Tuesday night.

Arizona pollster Michael O'Neil said Mr. Obama’s chances of winning the state aren’t great, and the episode with the governor probably won’t change many minds.

“It’s playing out along partisan lines,” Mr. O'Neil said. “The Republican base absolutely loves it. Democrats are appalled.”

Mrs. Brewer greeted the president as he disembarked Air Force One. She handed him a letter inviting him to discuss the state’s economy and to visit the Mexican border with her. The dialogue went south from there.

Mrs. Brewer said the president brought up her recent political memoir, which includes the governor’s unflattering account of their White House meeting nearly two years ago that accuses the president of being “patronizing” and “condescending.”

“He was a little tense,” she told Phoenix talk-radio host Mike Broomhead. “He said he had read the excerpt, and he didn’t think I was very cordial. He was somewhat thin-skinned and a little tense, to say the least.”

Mrs. Brewer said she was trying to be “gracious” and didn’t remember pointing a finger at the president. She said Mr. Obama walked away while she was still talking to him.

“I was just shocked by his sternness of it all,” the governor said.

White House press secretary Jay Carney dismissed coverage of the encounter as “political theater,” but added that Mr. Obama did tell Mrs. Brewer that her book’s characterization of their meeting was inaccurate. The White House said separately that Mr. Obama would be happy to meet with the governor again.

Public reaction has been mixed. The radio host told Mrs. Brewer, “You are getting high-fives from every one of our listeners.” Arizona Republic columnist E.J. Montini wrote that the governor “should be embarrassed.”

On the governor’s Facebook page, more than 35,000 people “liked” her account of the confrontation. Posted comments included one from a woman who called the governor “disrespectful” and another from a man who said Mr. Obama “ran away … because he didn’t have a Teleprompter.”

Republican Matt Salmon, a former congressman running in Arizona for an open House seat, said he thought Mr. Obama provoked the encounter.

“I think what President Obama did was bait her,” Mr. Salmon said. “He probably wanted to look tough. Our governor is no slouch. And she’s very expressive with her hands when she talks.”

The state’s relationship with the federal government has been every bit as tense as the airport meeting. Mrs. Brewer has challenged the president’s decision to withdraw National Guardsmen from the Mexican border. In 2010, she signed what was at the time the nation’s toughest immigration crackdown, a law the Obama administration is challenging in federal court.

In addition, the Justice Department is under fire for its handling of the failed Fast and Furious gun-running operation into Mexico, and for its civil rights probe of Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio.

Mr. Salmon said of the president, “Here’s a guy who has sued the state of Arizona over our immigration laws. He’s clearly picked a fight.”

The Obama campaign did not respond to a request for comment.

Republicans say the administration’s record on border security, immigration and the environment doesn’t bode well for Democratic Senate and House candidates this year.

“I can only hope [Mr. Obama] thinks Arizona is in play and spends a ton of money here,” Mr. Salmon said. “He’s going to waste it.”

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2012, 02:03:08 PM »
November 12, 2010
Jindal Book: Obama An Arrogant Phony

Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal uses a new book to portray President Barack Obama as disconnected from the Gulf oil spill, charging that he was more focused on the political aftermath than the actual impact of the crisis.

Jindal recounts a pair of private conversations with the president that paint him as consumed with how his actions were being perceived.

On Obama's first trip to Louisiana after the disaster, the governor describes how the president took him aside on the tarmac after arriving to complain about a letter that Jindal had sent to the administration requesting authorization for food stamps for those who had lost their jobs because of the spill.

http://nation.foxnews.com/bobby-jindal/2010/11/12/jindal-book-obama-arrogant-phony

When Hurricane Gustav struck LA, Jindal called Obama to have federal intervention and he obliged the request.  However the following year, when Jindal delivered the rebuttal to Obama's State of the Union, he basically gave him an FU for the help and said that the government should stay out of states businesses in diasters like Hurricane Katrina.

That's why Obama blasted Jindal through the wall when they met. 
A

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2012, 02:55:57 PM »
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/when-youre-the-president-you-get-a-little-extra-respect-bill-maher-panel-battle-over-brewer-obama-confrontation/

holy fu#k i didn't think palin had a sister,i think she might be as dumb as palin

What a surprise Bill Maher and more of his stupid bullshit, respect is earned.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ