Author Topic: SW FL RE market rebounding  (Read 681 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
SW FL RE market rebounding
« on: January 25, 2012, 08:18:30 PM »
http://www.winknews.com/Local-Florida/2012-01-25/Housing-report-shows-market-is-rebounding-in-Naples-area

I said this a few days ago... 1/3 the block isn't empty anymore.  businesses are opening again.  Ripple effect very visible.  not crediting obama or anything - but saying that IF the local economy is getting better, this favors Newt more than Mitt in the primary - but less anti-obama sentiment because oeconomy in Nov.

NAPLES, Fla -- The housing market in Collier County is rebounding. That's according to a report by the Naples Area Board of Realtors (NABOR). They say 2011 was the best in terms of sales in the last five years.

NABOR President Bill Poteet says, "things look very promising for 2012. We think it's going to be a great year."

The report released by NABOR shows there were more than 9,145 properties available in 2010. That dropped 17 percent to about 7,581 in 2011.

"We're definitely recovering. Back in March 2007, we had 12,440 units. Now, we're down to roughly 7,600 units. That's a tremendous decrease in inventory," says Mike Hughes, Vice President of Downing, Frye Realty in Naples.

Sales for all types of homes improved across the board. "There's a lot of money coming into Florida. A lot of investors are coming back and purchasing property," Hughes said.

In 2011, pending sales increased 8 percent while closed sales increased 5 percent. But, how does it compare to the days before the housing crisis?

"I think 2004 and 2005 will be years that will never be duplicated," Hughes said. He says other than those two years, 2011 was their best year ever for sales.

So far, Hughes says 2012 is off to another great start, a good sign for more than just the housing market. "The ripple effect through the local economy off real estate is substantial."

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Re: SW FL RE market rebounding
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 07:28:58 AM »
That isn't really saying much as no one really wants to move to Naples.  Unless you are 70 years old, like to Bingo and go to bed at 630 every night.
The only reason they are getting sales is because not many can still afford the RE prices here in Ft Lauderdale anymore and that is like the "bargain basement retirement community" alternative.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 07:32:51 AM »
/??  naples is beautiful. lots of good reasons to live there.  many celebrities live there.  very safe neighborhood, high end everything.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 07:47:20 AM »
Rick Scott should keep up the good work. Remember your prediction on that race, 240? You've been a joke ever since.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 07:55:35 AM »
/??  naples is beautiful. lots of good reasons to live there.  many celebrities live there.  very safe neighborhood, high end everything.

Boring as fuck.  Go spend a weekend there and come back and tell me it didn't feel like 3 months.

It's advantages : It's on the water, the prices are ok - you get a bit more than what you pay for in terms of quality, vastly white, fishing/golf, and sunsets.

If you are under 50, you are going to die from boredom over there.

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2012, 08:05:47 AM »
Boring as fuck.  Go spend a weekend there and come back and tell me it didn't feel like 3 months.

It's advantages : It's on the water, the prices are ok - you get a bit more than what you pay for in terms of quality, vastly white, fishing/golf, and sunsets.

No way.  Naples is great!

R

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2012, 08:07:02 AM »
Don't tell me you live there.

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2012, 08:10:23 AM »
Don't tell me you live there.

I wish I lived there full time!  

Have you been to the Mercato area?  I think you'd like the bartenders/servers at the Blue Martini ;D
R

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2012, 08:12:10 AM »
naples is bad if you just wanna hook up with 23 year old girls.

if you have a family or a gf and just wanna have a nice dinner and see a show without drama/riff raff in traffic, it's great.

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2012, 08:16:30 AM »

if you have a family or a gf and just wanna have a nice dinner and see a show without drama/riff raff in traffic, it's great.

x2

Traffic is pretty crazy in season though. 

R

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2012, 08:19:24 AM »
I wish I lived there full time!  

Have you been to the Mercato area?  I think you'd like the bartenders/servers at the Blue Martini ;D

We have a Blue Martini here.  Girls are hotter.  LOL

FtL = better beaches, better clubs, more younger people in shape, traffic isn't bad, airport is only 15 mins away (for someone that travels as much as I do that is important.  LOL)  It is just younger and more vibrant.

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2012, 08:22:25 AM »
We have a Blue Martini here.  Girls are hotter.  LOL

They must be superlative+  ;D

FtL = better beaches, better clubs, more younger people in shape, traffic isn't bad, airport is only 15 mins away (for someone that travels as much as I do that is important.  LOL)  It is just younger and more vibrant.

Yes, wish the major airport was closer.

R

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2012, 09:54:21 AM »
Boring as fuck.  Go spend a weekend there and come back and tell me it didn't feel like 3 months.

I am afraid I would agree with this.  SW Florida is not a choice destination for young people looking to party.  If one is looking for a calm and very quiet lifestyle then, yes, it is a good place to retire.

As for the real estate market rebounding… I am dubious about that as well.  Even now—maybe especially now—a surprising amount of property in Florida is purchased by people who live out of state; the home is a vacation property or a future retirement property.  To me, that does not technically qualify as a rebound.  If large swaths of people who really live and work there year round cannot afford to purchase a home based on their current employment (teachers, police, office workers, etc.) then the market is inflated and will remain depressed.  In addition, there is still a huge amount of shadow inventory (foreclosures in the pipeline) that should keep prices modest for some time.  It is a great time to buy if one has a down payment and good credit.  Alas, if you have those things chances are you probably already own a home.  If you don’t have those things—and many people don’t—you are out of luck.