Author Topic: multi vitamins??  (Read 5416 times)

SmoofCat

• Getbig III
multi vitamins??
« on: January 27, 2012, 08:06:28 AM »
I know that supplements are useless. It took me a while to accept it, because the supp industry had pretty much brainwashed me as a teen.

But would a multi vitamin be beneficial to someone taking hormones? The general adage is that a multi-vitamin is good for your health. And that idea really has nothing to do with the supp industry. Even my primary care doctor has told me on multiple occasions to use a multi.

So what are your opinions on multi vitamins? Fish oil?

Thanks.

-S

FAST LANE

• Getbig III
  • Life's too short to be small
Re: multi vitamins??
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 08:10:18 AM »
I personally like multi v's.. I take one daily, maybe just out of habit or paranoia lol.. But in all honesty, I really do believe it helps/works, I generally feel better, and NEVER get sick.. But then again, who knows if they really are working man?  It's all in the head, I'm sure, but like I said, I like them. 

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 08:33:06 AM »
I take one everyday. I try to take fish oil, vitamen C, and vitamen E every day. I don't get enough fruits and vegetables in my diet.

Nicademus

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2012, 08:39:05 AM »
I've always heard it's beneficial for replacing vitamins and minerals lost through sweat.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 09:29:45 AM »
Juice Plus is a great product. Kind of pricey but there is a knockoff brand now. Anyway, this takes the place of a multi.

Other good things:
Omega 3 Fish Oil
Evening Primrose Oil
Corral Calcium
Potassium

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2012, 09:32:33 AM »
I take:

Multi-vit/min
Fish oil
Vit C
Mag

8)

SmoofCat

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2012, 09:43:42 AM »
Thanks, it's good to know others take it too here. Because I went the last week without a multi, and I have definitely noticed a couple things since not taking it. Specifically, I have had slightly lower energy, and I have been shitting irregularly lol.

I jumped back on the multi today and everything is feeling better.

I just didn't know if multis were included in the "no supplement" idea. Because I have to be honest, I still use both multis and whey protein, because frankly I find benefits in both of them. I simply have trouble downing egg whites with my schedule (I am constantly on the go and rarely if ever at my home. I literally go 2-3 days without seeing my house for anything except sleep.)

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2012, 09:53:10 AM »
Mineral balance is much more important. If you eat a lot, you'll get tons of vitamins, unless you just eat fast food. But a lot of times people are pretty badly deficient in minerals and don't know it. Taking a multi v with multi m isn't a terrible idea.

Also, get the organic spendy vitamins that actually digest. Not the carbon shit.

SmoofCat

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2012, 09:56:25 AM »
Mineral balance is much more important. If you eat a lot, you'll get tons of vitamins, unless you just eat fast food. But a lot of times people are pretty badly deficient in minerals and don't know it. Taking a multi v with multi m isn't a terrible idea.

Also, get the organic spendy vitamins that actually digest. Not the carbon shit.

thanks yeah i agree. nothing is worse than the GNC multi vitamins. they use fake b-12, and in fact most of the listings on the back of the bottle indicate that the vitamin is NOT in fact what you think you are taking. for example, the b-12 is listed as "b-12 (in the form of cytomil)" or something like that.

investing in a good organic multi is one practice that i have stuck to from my natural days all the way up until now, my days of mild tren psychosis and bigorexia induced weirdness.

matrixgh

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2012, 09:59:58 AM »
if you consume enough tasty food (not dry chicken) during a day, then you dont need multi-vit . Not all synthetic vitamin absorb, most them go to the toilet. so if you take a regular blood work and it shows that every thing ok with you, then no need vitamins is all in your head, we been brain wash that multivitamins prolong a life span :)

SmoofCat

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2012, 10:03:31 AM »
if you consume enough tasty food (not dry chicken) during a day, then you dont need multi-vit . Not all synthetic vitamin absorb, most them go to the toilet. so if you take a regular blood work and it shows that every thing ok with you, then no need vitamins is all in your head, we been brain wash that multivitamins prolong a life span :)

i used to get blood work done regularly, and while i was on cycle my blood was NOT all good. when i used to come off, my blood work would go back to "perfect", as my doctor would say. however, one day i said fuck it, and since then i have never come off, only blast and bridge blast and bridge.

matrixgh

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2012, 10:24:38 AM »
i used to get blood work done regularly, and while i was on cycle my blood was NOT all good. when i used to come off, my blood work would go back to "perfect", as my doctor would say. however, one day i said fuck it, and since then i have never come off, only blast and bridge blast and bridge.
your cycle nothing to do with vitamins, when you on cycle your potassium level and red blood cells elevated,  and high SGPT = fatty liver. No reason to do blood work when you on cycle, unless you feel there something wrong with you,  you just put your doc to warning mode with out telling him what you are on .

SmoofCat

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2012, 10:34:36 AM »
your cycle nothing to do with vitamins, when you on cycle your potassium level and red blood cells elevated,  and high SGPT = fatty liver. No reason to do blood work when you on cycle, unless you feel there something wrong with you,  you just put your doc to warning mode with out telling him what you are on .

yeah early on i used to get blood work often because i had pains in my sides. i was really overdoing it on orals 3 years ago, when i was in my "natural" phase. i was taking 150 mg halodrol a day, or 150 mg dianabol daily etc. and my body was paying for it.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2012, 10:35:01 AM »
thats why its handy having the steroid clinics over here, go and get your needles, get your values checked if you feel the need and discuss what your taking

i eat a pretty balanced diet so i dont feel the need to take anything other than a vit c everyday, if 3'6'9 caps are on sale i might buy some, but thats about it

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2012, 10:39:11 AM »
I take:

1. Few multivitamins per day+
2. Vit-C with every meal
3. Mega dose of fish oil with my biggest meal
4. Multiminerals
5. Mega dose magnesium
6. B-complex

+ baby aspirin.

PS. I get awesome deals on these so i don't care if i piss them out...
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

lesaucer

« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2012, 12:40:31 PM »
vitamins: multi, b-complex, calcium-magn, omega 3-6-9, vit c, and superdrol  ;D

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2012, 01:06:19 PM »
no, and most probably counter productive.  undue stress on the body filtering out all those uneeded vitamins, and some of them that are anti-oxidant become pro-oxidant when ingested in excess. eat your veggies, youll be fine. (dont even need to do that though unless ur worried bout being healthy)

lesaucer

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2012, 01:30:46 PM »
no, and most probably counter productive.  undue stress on the body filtering out all those uneeded vitamins, and some of them that are anti-oxidant become pro-oxidant when ingested in excess. eat your veggies, youll be fine. (dont even need to do that though unless ur worried bout being healthy)

if you take the recommended dosage its bad lol 3 multi pills a day really? my piss is green if i do that.. 1 pill suffice

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2012, 08:54:22 PM »
if you take the recommended dosage its bad lol 3 multi pills a day really? my piss is green if i do that.. 1 pill suffice
a half a pill every few days might be a good idea for somebody that doesnt eat any unprocessed foods

FAST LANE

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2012, 09:08:47 PM »
vitamins: multi, b-complex, calcium-magn, omega 3-6-9, vit c, and superdrol  ;D
;D

pillowtalk

• Getbig IV
  • Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2012, 09:30:41 PM »
Some dumb replies in this thread! I did nutritional science at university & I can assure posters like "Fast lane" that having good quality micro-nutrients in your blood, will give definite benefits, that will not just be in you head!

Do you know how complicated the interactions of Vit E/zinc are alone never mind the myriad of other micro's & trace elements, FFS. The afore mentioned serve a multitude of functions in your body from nerve function & protein synthesis.

Without these elements you will become deficient, you will weaken your immune system from all the training & generally feel like shit!

PT
Sent on my BlackBerry R from Vodafone
Growth/noob loves me

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2012, 09:34:18 PM »

Without these elements you will become deficient,

without calories you will die

doesnt mean you have to eat 10,000 a day to stay alive

vitamins and mminerals are vital.. but not in the amounts and combinations seen in the standard multi vitamin.

a bowl of mixed veggies, some meat and essential fats per day.. no need for anything else.

pretty much every vitamins and mineral has a threshold level where they start to become exactly counterproductive, and its not very high.  look at the amounts of vitamins in fresh, raw health foods like veggies..  and think about the evolutionary implications.. if we needed more, we wouldnt be here.

FAST LANE

• Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2012, 09:47:17 PM »
Some dumb replies in this thread! I did nutritional science at university & I can assure posters like "Fast lane" that having good quality micro-nutrients in your blood, will give definite benefits, that will not just be in you head!

Do you know how complicated the interactions of Vit E/zinc are alone never mind the myriad of other micro's & trace elements, FFS. The afore mentioned serve a multitude of functions in your body from nerve function & protein synthesis.

Without these elements you will become deficient, you will weaken your immune system from all the training & generally feel like shit!

PT
Without a doubt, I agree with you bro.  I can assure you that I have plenty of nutrients, seeing as how I eat all organic lol

Anyways, I was just stating that I always like to take a multi.. your right, I most definitely do not need it, but like I said in my post, it's just a mental thing for me.. yes, I'm fucked in the head lol  8)

pillowtalk

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2012, 11:23:12 PM »
Tbumbz, the resident expert on fuck all speaks.
You are a clowm of the highest order. Modern agro-farming & organo-phosphates/not letting soil rest between crops
& all you need is some meat & veggies?? We can see you studied nutritional science, LOLOLOLOL
Idiot.

PT
Growth/noob loves me

pillowtalk

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2012, 11:32:41 PM »

Tbumbz, which fat soluble vitamins become toxic in high doses & what is the daily cut off point in a male of 85kg that is recognised by science??

There I have been taking 3000mg of vitC daily & all I needed was a bowl of mixed veggies from Walmart. Boy do I feel fucking stupid.

PT
Sent on my BlackBerry R from vodafone
Growth/noob loves me