Author Topic: Interim champ? Really?  (Read 2633 times)

chixlegs

• Getbig III
Interim champ? Really?
« on: January 27, 2012, 09:53:53 AM »
I don't like Nick Diaz, let me start by saying that.  But am I wrong here when I say it's insane to call the winner of Diaz/Condit the "champ"?  I don't think Diaz could beat Josh Koschek, Anthony Johnson, or John Fitch.  I doubt Condit would either.  These guys haven't done enough to earn the title "Champ" even if it's just interim.  Christ, Diaz basically chickened out of the original GSP fight he was scheduled for!

I think there are 4 or 5 Welterweights that are much better fighters than Diaz.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
Re: Interim champ? Really?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 01:53:22 PM »
I don't like Nick Diaz, let me start by saying that.  But am I wrong here when I say it's insane to call the winner of Diaz/Condit the "champ"?  I don't think Diaz could beat Josh Koschek, Anthony Johnson, or John Fitch.  I doubt Condit would either.  These guys haven't done enough to earn the title "Champ" even if it's just interim.  Christ, Diaz basically chickened out of the original GSP fight he was scheduled for!

The whole "matchmaking process" is fucking stupid imo.  At the start of each year, they should have a tournament for each weight class.  If you lose you are out, and at the end of the year you have one fucking huge stacked card of title fights for each weight class.  The superbowl of mma if you will.

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 10:26:00 PM »
The whole "matchmaking process" is fucking stupid imo.  At the start of each year, they should have a tournament for each weight class.  If you lose you are out, and at the end of the year you have one fucking huge stacked card of title fights for each weight class.  The superbowl of mma if you will.

it would hurt dana's pocket. the way he has now he can piece these so so or terrible cards together and make millions
irongearco.com

Eric15210

• Getbig IV
  • poor people are crazy I'm eccentric
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 06:26:13 AM »
I'm not buying that crap card
RIP Bob Probert

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2012, 08:18:26 AM »

what fighter do you have ranked higher than diaz that already hasn't lost to george ?

chixlegs

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2012, 04:00:54 PM »
what fighter do you have ranked higher than diaz that already hasn't lost to george ?
I'm not taking the "hasn't lost to George" part into consideration.  It shouldn't matter.  A fighter should have to earn a title shot.  I don't think Diaz would last one round with Rumble Johnson.  I don't think he'd last two rounds with Kos.  I think Fitch would dominate him.  I think Thiago Alves would beat him.  Diego Sanchez already did beat him a while back and probably would again.  Even some of the up and comers would have a good chance at stopping him.  He hasn't earned the right to be called "champ" if he wins this fight IMO.  I really don't think he's that good.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2012, 04:51:00 PM »
I hate Diaz.  I think he is a cocky bitch, but he is also an excellent fighter.  He has good reach, excellent boxing, and a good ground game.  If he gets past Condit, I think he would give St. Pierre all he could handle.

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2012, 09:23:25 PM »
I'm not taking the "hasn't lost to George" part into consideration.  It shouldn't matter.  A fighter should have to earn a title shot.  I don't think Diaz would last one round with Rumble Johnson.  I don't think he'd last two rounds with Kos.  I think Fitch would dominate him.  I think Thiago Alves would beat him.  Diego Sanchez already did beat him a while back and probably would again.  Even some of the up and comers would have a good chance at stopping him.  He hasn't earned the right to be called "champ" if he wins this fight IMO.  I really don't think he's that good.

I almost quit reading at "rumble johnson" considering he'll never see a UFC paycheck again..

I wasn't really sold on diaz until the last year or so but there's no way in hell Kos or fitch is ever gonna nick off his feet nowadays..

sanchez isn't half the fighter he was ..

you might have an arguennt with alves though

chixlegs

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2012, 10:31:30 AM »
I hate Diaz.  I think he is a cocky bitch, but he is also an excellent fighter.  He has good reach, excellent boxing, and a good ground game.  If he gets past Condit, I think he would give St. Pierre all he could handle.
His punches look weak to me.  I honestly think GSP will pound the piss out of him and I will most definitely be watching.  GSP is dominant, so he'd probably pound just about anybody right now, but I think Diaz is going to get beaten down in epic fashion if he gets in the cage with George.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2012, 12:12:31 PM »
His punches look weak to me.  I honestly think GSP will pound the piss out of him and I will most definitely be watching.  GSP is dominant, so he'd probably pound just about anybody right now, but I think Diaz is going to get beaten down in epic fashion if he gets in the cage with George.
Especially since George hates his guts.  He recently says that Diaz deserves to get beat down!  I have never seen him get so worked up over an opponent before.  This would be the perfect time for St. Pierre to finally finish a fight.  Lets just hope Diaz gets by Condit first!

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2012, 12:10:27 PM »

Why start off by saying something like that? It just shows this is gonna be one of those my hero vs your hero arguments when there should be none of that shit involved in judging fights. Save that shit for Sherdog.

kevcat

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2012, 05:47:13 AM »
I'm not taking the "hasn't lost to George" part into consideration.  It shouldn't matter.  A fighter should have to earn a title shot.  I don't think Diaz would last one round with Rumble Johnson.  I don't think he'd last two rounds with Kos.  I think Fitch would dominate him.  I think Thiago Alves would beat him.  Diego Sanchez already did beat him a while back and probably would again.  Even some of the up and comers would have a good chance at stopping him.  He hasn't earned the right to be called "champ" if he wins this fight IMO.  I really don't think he's that good.

maybe have a rethink about Koscheck after his embarassing fight on saturday ;)