Author Topic: Royal Rumble - place your bets  (Read 4295 times)

littleguns

• Getbig V
Royal Rumble - place your bets
« on: January 28, 2012, 05:40:14 AM »
So predictions for the royal rumble?

Db vs Big Show vs Mark Henry - I like Daniel squeaking out of this....will be interesting if Henry competes

CM Punk vs Mr Zigglesworth - Punk retains, I see Mr Laurainatis trying to screw Punk but FOley with the save....comes out with his home made ref shirt after Johnny gets ko'd or something like that

Rumble itself...lots of hype on Jericho winning but I see a swerve and going with Sheamus who will challenge Bryant at WM

Cena vs Kane - dilligaf - I see Cena going over

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Royal Rumble - place your bets
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 12:30:05 PM »
IMO, Jericho is more than capable of turning in a damn good performance, but he made his mark in wrestling years ago. (For the record: my criticisms of Shawn Michaels do not diminish his legacy anymore than Tim’s criticisms of Y2J.) I honestly don’t know why Jericho comes back; it may be for money, exposure, etc., but I don’t think it’s because he “needs” it.
I once talked with a couple guys who claimed that, even years ago in WCW, Jericho was extremely business-oriented - used to sit on the plane and type away on the laptop. He’s always struck a lot of people as a mature and responsible professional who manages his business matters very well.

Additionally, Jericho looks like he’s off the gas, and he doesn’t chance doing high-risk, stupid bumps or anything else in an attempt to stand out from the pack. This is not very indicative of a desperate hanger-on. Y2J is a solid performer who is professional enough, competent enough, and reliable enough to put Taker over as #20, which makes me agree with Timmy that it’s certainly a strong possibility.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 12:39:43 PM »
I give Jericho all the credit in the world that he can walk away, recharge his batteries and come back. I don't think it has anything do financially, probably just stir crazy at home where the wifey says "Go wrestle" and I am sure he has a lightened load.

As for Miz, I definitely like him but I think they will drag this R Truth out a little thus keeping him in this feud for a while longer. If they were smart, drag this for 2 more months and end it all on the big show (WM) in some kind of gimmick match. I also beleive the writers don't know what to do with him.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 12:51:33 PM »
I give Jericho all the credit in the world that he can walk away, recharge his batteries and come back. I don't think it has anything do financially, probably just stir crazy at home where the wifey says "Go wrestle" and I am sure he has a lightened load.

As for Miz, I definitely like him but I think they will drag this R Truth out a little thus keeping him in this feud for a while longer. If they were smart, drag this for 2 more months and end it all on the big show (WM) in some kind of gimmick match. I also beleive the writers don't know what to do with him.

Jericho's in a good position, in that he's got nothing to lose. Anything for him now is a bonus.

And, yes: the writers don't seem to know what to do with most of the shows.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2012, 01:28:48 PM »
One of my fav lines ever....Jericho was fueding with Eddie Guerrero in WCW and told Eddie he "might let him detail his El Camino" hahaha pure gold.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2012, 01:34:36 PM »
One of my fav lines ever....Jericho was fueding with Eddie Guerrero in WCW and told Eddie he "might let him detail his El Camino" hahaha pure gold.

LOL!!!
I'd have incorporated an angle in which either Jericho or Angle petitioned to deport Eddie, claiming that he's an undocumented Hispanic worker.
I envsion some beautiful back-and-forth bits they could have done with that, and Chris and Kurt would have been perfect in the antagonistic role.

R.I.P., Eddie.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2012, 02:00:58 PM »

LOL!!!
I'd have incorporated an angle in which either Jericho or Angle petitioned to deport Eddie, claiming that he's an undocumented Hispanic worker.
I envsion some beautiful back-and-forth bits they could have done with that, and Chris and Kurt would have been perfect in the antagonistic role.

R.I.P., Eddie.

His interviews with the cardboard cutout of "Stinko" Malenko were solid stuff too.  Went to see him wrestle live in college and we were ringside about 5 rows back and he talked the whole match to the crowd.  Funny stuff.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2012, 02:16:15 PM »
Went to see him wrestle live in college and we were ringside about 5 rows back and he talked the whole match to the crowd.  Funny stuff.

Ha-ha...
I wonder if that was just a juvenile effort to stick it up WCW's ass.
It was obviously intentional, and I know Jericho was very unhappy with the company.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2012, 02:24:18 PM »
I'm not sure why, but this thread just reminded me of when my one buddy attended a WCW house show back when the nWo was hot.
He said Nash was in the ring at the end, as fans booed the shit out of him.
Then apparently, some mark threw a plastic drink cup at him. Kevin actually (and surprisingly) caught it and took a swig.

Sorry, but I could never have done that...not for all the heat in the world.
That's plain disgusting when you consider how many people have STD's and other nasty shit.
Also, how did he know it was soda inside? What if it had been chew spit, or even piss?
Guys have gotten doused with urine and tobacco juice walking to or from the ring.

Anyway, I would hope it was a plant in the audience that threw the drink.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2012, 02:57:43 PM »
So what about the Rumble? Who's gonna win it?

As I said earlier...if not Jericho definitely Sheamus

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2012, 03:17:55 PM »
So what about the Rumble? Who's gonna win it?
Either Jericho or Orton...maybe Hacksaw Jim Duggan

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2012, 05:34:01 PM »
He'll be in it until the end but I cannot see him winning it. This guy headlining Wrestlemania won't be a good thing. I don't care for the guy but this isn't personal. Of course there's the dream of Lesnar returning. But I think Foley would be the best opponent second by Jericho for Takers #20. Why would they let Jericho headline Mania when they have so much younger talent that they can put over. Mania is already going to be huge because of Rock/Cena. Does the last shot of the show need to be Jericho holding the belt up in victory? Do you guys like making Timmy unhappy? 
Cena-Rock will go on last...I'd bet my life on it. I have no desire to see Taker-Foley, there's no way they can top the stuff they did 15 years ago and Mick looked about 50lbs overweight on Raw. If it's Punk-Jericho, Y2J would put him over anyway.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2012, 06:18:16 PM »
Either Jericho or Orton...maybe Hacksaw Jim Duggan

HOOOOOOOOOOO Toughguy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2012, 06:52:07 PM »
I'll go with either Wade Barrett or Sheamus. The World title shot will go to the Rumble winner (from Smackdown). I still think they'll try to make Cena champion at WrestleMania to make the Rock-Cena match even more intense.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2012, 07:10:08 PM »
Whose idea was it to put the King in the match, from doing commentary?

Edit - Now Booker T is in the Rumble.....And did you see that silliness with Kofi Kingston? UNBELIEVABLE!!!

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2012, 07:19:44 PM »
Now, it's DUGGAN, the first Rumble is in......now he's out!!!

This is getting DUMB!! MICHAEL COLE IS IN THE RUMBLE!!!

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2012, 07:22:29 PM »
KHARMA!!!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME? She hit Ziggler with the Implant Buster and eliminated Hunico.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2012, 07:25:23 PM »
ROAD DOGG!!!!! This is getting SILLY (they edited his music, though).

Edit - Sheamus, my pick, is going strong, eliminated Kofi Kingston. For what it's worth, Jey Uso is in, followed by Jack Swagger!!

Edit - Wade Barrett is in the dance, with some new and sorry music. Followed by Mr. Jennifer Hudson (but he is #27).

Edit - ORTON'S IN!! Let the bodies fly!!

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2012, 07:34:55 PM »
Jericho is #29!! Orton just tossed Barrett and Uso. Jericho just chcuked Otunga. Big Show is #30. Miz and Cody Rhodes are GONE!! Ziggler is gone!!

Sheamus, Jericho, Orton, and Big Show are left, all faces.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2012, 07:38:56 PM »
Make that Jericho and Sheamus. Orton dumped Big Show; Jericho tossed Orton out.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2012, 07:46:14 PM »
Sheamus wins.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2012, 07:46:47 PM »
SHEAMUS WINS!!! SHEAMUS WINS!!!!!

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2012, 07:53:56 PM »
Really fun Rumble...they could have structured it a little better IMO, there were too many low card guys bunched together. The undercard wasn't that hot. The cage match was fun, and props to Henry for being out there. I think Punk and Ziggler have had better matches on Raw. I'm fine with Sheamus winning.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2012, 04:25:06 AM »
Big slap on the back ala Barry Horowitz as I picked Sheamus...Holla!!

Seriously tho

Will the "man without a tan" Sheamus challenge Bryan or will another heel win?

Will be also somewhat interesting to see how Jericho gets involved with Punk and how they phase Ziggles back to mid carder land

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2012, 09:17:00 AM »
(1) Daniel Bryan(c) defeated Big Show and Mark Henry by escaping in a Cage Match to retain the World Heavyweight Title.

(2) Beth Phoenix, Natalya, and The Bella Twins defeated Kelly Kelly, Tamina, Eve, and Alicia Fox.

* Backstage, Zach Ryder shows up in a wheel chair. He's here to see Cena beat Kane, Johnny Ace has a special room for him to watch in. Eve shows up and says she hopes Ace is fired on Monday.

(3) John Cena vs Kane ends in a double count out. They continue brawling after the match. Backstage, Kane sees Ryder's room and breaks in. He wheels Ryder to the ring and tombstones him. Eve came out as well and just looked on. Cena came back for the save, but Kane chokeslammed him.

(4) Brodus Clay squashed Drew McIntyre.

(5) CM Punk defeated Dloph Ziggler to retain the WWE title with Ace as the guest referee outside. Johhny Ace was involved near the end as the original referee was taken out with a spot. Ace did not see Punk pin Ziggler multiple time. Ace got in the ring but was accidentally hit when Punk gave Ziggler the GTS. Both Ace and the original referee counted the pinfall.

(6) Sheamus win the 2012 Royal Rumble by last eliminating Y2J.
Order of Superstars:

1) The Miz
2) Alex Riley
3) R-Truth
4) Cody Rhodes
5) Justin Gabriel
6) Primo
7) Mick Foley
8) Ricardo Rodriguez
9) Santino Marella
10) Epico
11) Kofi Kingston
12) Jerry Lawler
13) Ezekiel Jackson
14) Jinder Mahal
15) The Great Khali
16) Hunico
17) Booker T
18) Dolph Ziggler
19) “Hacksaw” Jim Duggan
20) Michael Cole
21) Kharma
22) Sheamus (Winner)
23) Road Dogg
24) Jey Uso
25) Jack Swagger
26) Wade Barrett
27) David Otunga
28) Randy Orton
29) Chris Jericho
30) Big Show

Order of eliminations and by who:

1) Alex Riley (by The Miz)
2) R-Truth (by The Miz)
3) Primo (by Mick Foley)
4) Justin Gabriel (by Mick Foley & Ricardo Rodriguez)
5) Ricardo Rodriguez (by Santino Marella)
6) Epico (by Mick Foley)
7) Santino Marella (by Cody Rhodes)
8) Mick Foley (by Cody Rhodes)
9) Jerry Lawler (by Cody Rhodes)
10) Jinder Mahal (by The Great Khali)
11) Ezekiel Jackson (by The Great Khali)
12) “Hacksaw” Jim Duggan (by Cody Rhodes)
13) Booker T (by Cody Rhodes)
14) The Great Khali (by Cody Rhodes)
15) Michael Cole (by Kharma)
16) Hunico (by Kharma)
17) Kharma (by Dolph Ziggler)
18) Kofi Kingston (by Sheamus)
19) Road Dogg (by Wade Barrett)
20) Jey Uso (by Randy Orton)
21) Wade Barett (by Randy Orton)
22) David Otunga (by Chris Jericho)
23) Cody Rhodes (by Big Show)
24) Jack Swagger (by Big Show)