Author Topic: Church-Burning Video Used to Promote Atheist Event at Ft. Bragg  (Read 1157 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Church-Burning Video Used to Promote Atheist Event at Ft. Bragg
« on: January 28, 2012, 10:09:28 AM »
Paranoid anti-religious extremists at it again. 

Church-Burning Video Used to Promote Atheist Event at Ft. Bragg
Jan 27, 2012

Atheists are using a music video that celebrates the burning of churches and synagogues to promote an upcoming atheist-themed festival at Fort Bragg.

“Rock Beyond Belief” is scheduled to be held on the parade field at Fort Bragg in March. The event was created in part as a response to a Billy Graham Evangelistic Association event that was held last year.

Justin Griffith, who organized “Rock Beyond Belief,” said he was personally offended that a Christian evangelical event like “Rock the Fort” was held on the base.

“We felt it was entirely inappropriate for anyone to say your current religion is wrong,” Griffith told Fox News& Commentary. “We view all soldiers as already spiritually complete. Whatever their current religious preference is has no bearing on how fit they are as a soldier or anything related to military business.”

Griffith confirmed the lineup includes atheist speakers, a rapper who raps about evolution and a “kiddy pool” where boys and girls will be able to scientifically walk on water.

There will also be a number of bands performing – the most famous of which is Aiden. They are featured in a video on the “Rocky Beyond Belief” website that includes images of burning churches and bloody crosses.

The website Christianfighterpilot.co m was the first to raise questions about the music.

The website labels the song as the “atheist anthem.”

Among the lyrics: “Love how the burn your synagogues, love how they torch your holy books.”

The group is no stranger to strong lyrics. Another of their songs says, “F*** your God, F*** your faith in the end. There’s no religion.”

Griffith said that particular song would not be performed at the festival, but defended the video of burning churches.

“You can buy their albums in Wal-Mart, a Christian-friendly store,” Griffith said. “If you have issues with bands that sometimes have swear words, or naughty words, or shocking imagery, that’s a part of the First Amendment.”

Benjamin Abel, a spokesman for Fort Bragg told Fox News & Commentary that they were launching a review of the bands scheduled to perform along with their content.

“This is a family-friendly event and we expect the entertainment will meet the standards of decency that would be typical on a top-40 music station,” Abel said. “We owe it to our soldiers and families on post to make sure it is.”

As for the graphic, anti-Christian lyrics – Abel said “I would have to think we would have to take a very close look at that kind of lyric.”

“I don’t know how family-friendly that is,” he said.

Griffith said there is absolutely no controversy about Aiden’s upcoming performance.

“It’s a little shocking to hear some of this stuff,” he said. “I’m sure you understand that these types of shocking things are not going to be front and center for a rock concert that is on a military base. This is not controversy. This is not a real story.”

But if that’s the case, why is there a video of the band performing in front of burning churches on the “Rock Beyond Belief” website?

The military could not answer that question.

“I can’t speak to somebody’s website,” Abel said. “We are reviewing the material and will ensure that event organizers understand that we will have to hold them to a certain level of decency.”

http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stories/fort-bragg-to-host-anti-religion-event.html

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
Re: Church-Burning Video Used to Promote Atheist Event at Ft. Bragg
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 05:18:09 PM »
atheists have events?

kinda like non stamp collectors getting together to talk about how they don't collect stamps...

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 11:59:07 AM »
atheists have events?

kinda like non stamp collectors getting together to talk about how they don't collect stamps...

Are you joking?  Of course atheists have events.  It has been posted and discussed on this board many times.

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 05:44:55 PM »
Are you joking?  Of course atheists have events.  It has been posted and discussed on this board many times.

I wasn't questioning the existence of the events.....the article itself answered that.....

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2012, 08:43:35 PM »
ahhh preaching of tolerance by being intolerant...gotta love the left.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 10:17:08 AM »
I wasn't questioning the existence of the events.....the article itself answered that.....

Oh, sorry!   :)